• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, Thousand Cuts? Completely broken. I don't mean flask of fire, obviously that's broken and a bug. I mean just using it at focus 3, regardless. I one shot Sandy Howler(the lvl 20 dragon in Hissing Wastes), I'm too lazy to go unlock the dragons in Emprise just to check but since he was dead when I was only about 2/3 done with Thousand Cuts and I don't even have the best gear or superb dragon slaying enchant, I have no doubt I'd one shot these too.

Part of it is how easy it is to stack damage% modifiers, how easy it is to get 100%crit and +100%crit damage as a rogue, as well as 70%armor pen. But most of it is really just how stupid the damage the ability does. 38hits at 400%weapon damage(with a ring) is like, derp balance levels.

The moment I played around with tempest abilities I fell in love. What a fun concept for a rogue class.

Something else I think is weird: The Crafting Menu.

Seriously, if I'm trying to craft a weapon like a sword, having the info at the bottom left of the screen saying

"Low Armor Value (Staff Enchantment: Electricity)"

is really goddamn confusing. Like, I don't understand what any of that has to do with this sword I'm about to craft.

It's the property of the metal you are using. if used for armor it will have relatively small protection. If used in creating a staff it will give it the electrical elemental power.

The moment I played around with tempest abilities I fell in love. What a fun concept for a rogue class.

Oh the class is awesome, great design, loved it. Just the focus is stupid, it looks cool and all but it's just not balanced properly at all. Even if it did like 20% of the damage it does atm, it'd be good. That's just how broken it is now. If you want a challenge I'd highly consider not picking it up at all, or well do what I did and basically never use it other than to see how broken it is.

This is why I love PC gaming.
Weapon image swap
ed91101e20.jpg

NPC amor
34f83b6372.png
Weapon & armor image swap is still WIP. I think we'll be able to play arcane warrior soon..

It's the property of the metal you are using. if used for armor it will have relatively small protection. If used in creating a staff it will give it the electrical elemental power.

Yeah, I eventually figured that out. But why put that in for a menu about crafting weapons? It just ends up being confusing to a new player who's trying to figure this out along with 10 other things happening in the game.

I mean, I was honestly thinking that it meant that my sword would be extra effective against low armor and also enchanted with electricity somehow.

Calcium

Banned
I've put 10 hours into the game so far. The game clicked with me far earlier than Origins did so I'm pretty happy with it.

Performance on the PS4 has been pretty good, but I am experiencing a strange hitching when running around in Haven. The game has also crashed on me once, but luckily I saved right before it happened so it wasn't a big deal.

My only complaint so far is how rare dialogue scenes with my companions are currently. I think I had roughly 5 hours of gameplay between my initial conversation and opening up more dialogue. The second dialogue scene was only a minute or so long too, which was disappointing. I'd really prefer it if there were more conversations early on so I can get to know my allies.

Nemesis_

Fighting
Knight Captain Dennam as a Behemoth
was stupid hard for some reason. :l Only won by Ninja-ing around with my Archer.

Yeah it was the first "block" in my game that I encountered. Had to try it multiple times, basically just had to keep Barrier'ing the fuck out of my party and prioritising the minions first and foremost.

But strategy is why I enjoy these games, so it was nice to actually have to do some :p

Yeah, I eventually figured that out. But why put that in for a menu about crafting weapons? It just ends up being confusing to a new player who's trying to figure this out along with 10 other things happening in the game.

I mean, I was honestly thinking that it meant that my sword would be extra effective against low armor and also enchanted with electricity somehow.

Because you may want to save that metal for use in crafting armor or staff.

I've done all the personal quests for my characters and Solas and Cassandra's portraits haven't changed. Smh.... Solas is so annoying. No matter what I say, he disapproves.

Which post?

This one:
g25byOl.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141008953&postcount=16982

I've done all the personal quests for my characters and Solas and Cassandra's portraits haven't changed. Smh.... Solas is so annoying. No matter what I say, he disapproves.

According to this spoiler thread in Bioware forum, unlike other companions, they don't have "friendly" tarrot cards. Cassandra and Solas' tarrot card won't change until
you romanced them or finished the game

Zafir

Just keep talking to him at skyhold. He gives you approval every time you ask him something lol.

I feel like it's practically impossible to have him hate you.

Dead

well not really...yet
Today's Dragon Age adventures

Cleared the exalted plains of demons and reclaimed all forts

Broke up with Josephine

Got with Sera and
shaved a message into my characters vag hair for her

Productive day altogether.

Uthred

Yikes.

The multiplayer is a piece of shit on PC.

Its like every bad trope from last generation shoehorned into Dragon Age; peer-to-peer connections, bohica micro-transactions, XP grinding for basic abilities, tons of useless loot to collect throughout and a fucking sprint button. Fuck this.

You mean levelling up? Yeah what a weird thing to have in a fantasy rpg inspiried multiplayer mode

So last week I respecc'd Vivienne.

Iron Bull actually commented on her switch from Fire to Ice.

"So.... you're... Ice now? I mean, that's cool and all. I don't judge."

Yesterday, I respecc'd her again.

And Iron Bull asked her what her problem was.

Must be nice to have companions that aren't mutes...

Eh, all Aaryn Flynn is saying is that the patch is coming "soon." That's a pretty vague term that could mean a lot of different things to different people. Is soon days or a week or two? We don't know what "soon" is to BioWare.

At this point I'd sort of just like to know what to expect from the patch in terms of fixes or content. Is it just technical bug fixes or are they going to do anything about the Tactical View or PC controls? Or would those sorts of things be some later patch?

Eh, all Aaryn Flynn is saying is that the patch is coming "soon." That's a pretty vague term that could mean a lot of different things to different people. Is soon days or a week or two? We don't know what "soon" is to BioWare.

At this point I'd sort of just like to know what to expect from the patch in terms of fixes or content. Is it just technical bug fixes or are they going to do anything about the Tactical View or PC controls? Or would those sorts of things be some later patch?

Indeed, we can only guess.
However, they also stated the status of their next patches on their twitch http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/b/594657808 at 1:20
One is in the final stages of QA and the other is under development. If that's the case then release is probably soon enough.

Man, dagger rogues really suck towards the end of the game. Feels like no matter how much armor penetration I have, I do dick all for damage against most enemies.

About 27 hours in and just unlocked the Western Approach, it looks fantastic.

The lack of dialogue between party members is still bothering me a bit, so I'm probably going to stop
playing for a few days until the patch comes out.

Man, dagger rogues really suck towards the end of the game. Feels like no matter how much armor penetration I have, I do dick all for damage against most enemies.

You aren't doing it right. I was easily hitting for 6k+ with twin fangs/hidden blades if I flanked and this is with the assassin specialization

Xeteh

I've plalyed but I'm waiting until I can customize my
Hawke
and keep my American voice, my ocd won't let me play with that thing they call default. Sucks cause I was having so much fun.

I'm playing a male human warrior right now and I picked the American voice... it sounded so overacted but I liked it because it fit with my warrior... then I suddenly noticed around level 11 that I sounded like a whiny jerk. I haaaate the other male option, it sounds so smarmy and gross.

Kimaka

I just got this on PC and I heard that it is pretty buggy. I don't mind graphical or animation bugs but are there any game breaking bugs that are avoidable that I should be aware of? I know about the gender switching at character creation, your keep choices not uploading properly if its set to the default name, and the inquisitor's voice changing (not sure if this is preventable) if
you choose a custom Hawke

Not for me. My assassin is really strong. I always go invisible and one shot the toughest enemy before the fight even starts. Great DPS too.

Uh? I do like 6-7k twin fangs without stealth on almost everything, Deathblow for up to 8-10k. I have 100%crit from behind so I autoattack for like 1.5-2k too. Nothing even has near the correct amount of health and armor on nightmare to stay alive more than a couple of seconds against melee rogue. I forced the last boss phase changes in the duration of a single lightning flask, so I don't even know what he does. Generally I have all my team attacking one mob and I can take out 3 or 4 mobs by the time they're done with that one mob. That's not even counting the fact Thousand Cuts can one shot everything in the game.

Dresden

if I ever do another run after my reaver, I'll go four archer rogues.

I sometimes get random crashes with no rhyme or reason behind them. Its crashed to the main menu more often than Unity, which is saying something. It's at least a bit broken.

Have had about four crashes so far. I'm also getting that random pause in the middle of conversations more often, which is really annoying.

Xevren

I love lightning flask, hell tempest as a whole is my favorite tree in the whole game. Melee or ranged it doesn't matter, it's just great.

I just got this on PC and I heard that it is pretty buggy. I don't mind graphical or animation bugs but are there any game breaking bugs that are avoidable that I should be aware of? I know about the gender switching at character creation, your keep choices not uploading properly if its set to the default name, and the inquisitor's voice changing (not sure if this is preventable) if
you choose a custom Hawke

Nothing game breaking at all. You can prepare by updating your card driver to the new beta driver for DAI. You may also want to change mouse smoothing in options to 75% or more to completely fix the shuttering issue in cutscenes/conversations. And quick save often, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom