• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

What status quo are you referring to?

In the beginning of the Android/Cell Saga, we had Goku alive and returning, but still somewhere in space, Vegeta training on Earth frustrated for not being a SSJ, Yamcha and Bulma were still a couple, Piccolo had bonded with Gohan but was still seen as an outsider (see Kuririn wanting an enemy to keep Vegeta and Piccolo as their allies), etc. That's a completely different set up from how the main cast is in the beginning of the Buu Saga. Now, in that case there was a big timeskip, but even between the Saiyan and Cell Sagas, for example, the initial set up is pretty different.

In comparison, after the Battle of Gods > Revival F transition, (Pan's birth, Gohan slacking and not considered one of the main fighters anymore, Goku and Vegeta training with Whis, Beerus hanging around), the status quo of most of the main cast has remained pretty much the same. Of course, right now we have the Future world which is pretty different from the last time we had seen it.

61vAPINjsQL._SX215_.jpg

I fucking hate shit like this.

HeroR

In the beginning of the Android/Cell Saga, we had Goku alive and returning, but still somewhere in space, Vegeta training on Earth frustrated for not being a SSJ, Yamcha and Bulma were still a couple, Piccolo had bonded with Gohan but was still seen as an outsider (see Kuririn wanting an enemy to keep Vegeta and Piccolo as their allies), etc. That's a completely different set up from how the main cast is in the beginning of the Buu Saga. Now, in that case there was a big timeskip, but even between the Saiyan and Cell Sagas, for example, the initial set up is pretty different.

In comparison, after the Battle of Gods > Revival F transition, (Pan's birth, Gohan slacking and not considered one of the main fighters anymore, Goku and Vegeta training with Whis, Beerus hanging around), the status quo of most of the main cast has remained pretty much the same. Of course, right now we have the Future world which is pretty different from the last time we had seen it.

You mean like the original Dragon Ball?

Haven't played any DBZ game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3, is Xenoverse any good? I got tired of playing the same storyline over and over and over again.

HeroR

Watching Gohan vs Cell on youtube.

Gosh I love the moment when Vegeta jumps back into the fight to take avenge Trunks.

And then get pwn, and everyone calls him a moron since Trunks could be revived with the Dragon Balls. He also made things worse for Gohan since he had to used his body as a shield to protect, which crippled Gohan's arm and cut his power in half.

61vAPINjsQL._SX215_.jpg

I fucking hate shit like this.
At least yours come in the box, us European peeps have to order from specific retailers (read Game who charges at full rrp, so is £15 more than other sites) to get Black and the pillar.

I'll just hope that their Bamco VIP section gifts Black to us again like SSJ4 Vegeta

And then get pwn, and everyone calls him a moron since Trunks could be revived with the Dragon Balls. He also made things worse for Gohan since he had to used his body as a shield to protect, which crippled Gohan's arm and cut his power in half.

He finally shows emotion for his son.

He is also a fighter, he doesn't want to be known as someone who sits on the edge while others get all the glory. Otherwise he is just another Krillin.

He put it all on the line and lost, just like he is another Krillin :(((

Vegeta will always do what he wants, but this time he did it for someone else.

HeroR

He finally shows emotion for his son.

He is also a fighter, he doesn't want to be known as someone who sits on the edge while others get all the glory. Otherwise he is just another Krillin.

He put it all on the line and lost, just like he is another Krillin :(((

Vegeta will always do what he wants, but this time he did it for someone else.

And he nearly got everyone killed. Gohan was still stronger than Cell even after he came back from his near-death experience. He would have killed Cell with some difficult, but it was still the heroes' victory.

But no. Vegeta had to charge Cell, which did nothing, and nearly died if Gohan hasn't saved him.

Honestly, everyone would have been better off if Gohan had let Cell kill Vegata. He did nothing but add unneeded drama.

At least yours come in the box, us European peeps have to order from specific retailers (read Game who charges at full rrp, so is £15 more than other sites) to get Black and the pillar.

I'll just hope that their Bamco VIP section gifts Black to us again like SSJ4 Vegeta

I'm honestly considering getting the game next year without that stupid banner for cheap and just get Black separately.

And he nearly got everyone killed. Gohan was still stronger than Cell even after he came back from his near-death experience. He would have killed Cell with some difficult, but it was still the heroes' victory.

But no. Vegeta had to charge Cell, which did nothing, and nearly died if Gohan hasn't saved him.

Honestly, everyone would have been better off if Gohan had let Cell kill Vegata. He did nothing but add unneeded drama.

Or Gohan could have destroyed Cell much earlier instead of getting arrogant and playing with Cell and giving a reason for said unneeded drama to occur.

Vegeta was responding to seeing his son get fucked up. It is one of the best Vegeta moments in the show.

Rosè beats red, and also beats blue

Gohan sucks stop trying to make him sound cool

This one.

I'm honestly considering getting the game next year without that stupid banner for cheap and just get Black separately.

Is Black even going to be sold separately? After the shit they pulled with SSJ4 Vegeta (at least in the US) in XV1, I pretty much figured I had to preorder XV2 to get Black.

Skeeter49

Haven't played any DBZ game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3, is Xenoverse any good? I got tired of playing the same storyline over and over and over again.

Xenoverse takes a twist on the story for sure. There are similar parts to the DBZ/ GT series, but it's all about changing time so some scenarios are a little different, and there are a good amount of gems in there that are brilliant in how they changed up the scenarios. They still have the same template of following the arc they follow, but a few arcs have more drastic changes than others which do play it a little safer, but the big thing for me, and I think for a lot of people was how refreshing it was to have a different take on the story, it's not the same story you've seen in 20 different games. There's also an overarching story, which is why the timeline is changing, that is completely new in Dragonball.

Combat wise it's fine. Budokai was the best the combat's been for me, and that hasn't changed, i'd say combat is probably one of the weakest parts of the game, but it's not awful, it's fine just not great. But the best thing about combat is learning movesets from Dragonball characters.

Skeeter49

This one.

Is Black even going to be sold separately? After the shit they pulled with SSJ4 Vegeta (at least in the US) in XV1, I pretty much figured I had to preorder XV2 to get Black.

They've said Black will be handled differently than SSJ4 Vegeta. He will be sold separately in some type of DLC after launch, I'd assume a free DLC type thing, the preorder bonus is more early access of that character. Plus they've considered a more substantial Black for when they release the 4 big DLC packs, if one's a Super pack covering the arc, since they didn't know Black's moveset that well when they were initially creating Black, and so they can have SSR for him. From what I understand the preorder Black is pretty much just a skin of Goku, and they're interested in making a unique Black character, but I guess that depends on what people want for DLC post launch.

They've said Black will be handled differently than SSJ4 Vegeta. He will be sold separately in some type of DLC after launch, I'd assume a free DLC type thing, the preorder bonus is more early access of that character. Plus they've considered a more substantial Black for when they release the 4 big DLC packs, if one's a Super pack covering the arc, since they didn't know Black's moveset that well when they were initially creating Black, and so they can have SSR for him. From what I understand the preorder Black is pretty much just a skin of Goku, and they're interested in making a unique Black character, but I guess that depends on what people want for DLC post launch.

There's going to be 4 packs now?

Christ....

Xenex

Dragon Ball Super |OT4| Rose is pink, SSJ is blue; Immortal? OK, I’ve a bowl of Senzu

Dragon Ball Super |OT4| We all Human now

Dragon Ball Super |OT4| The Adventures of Goku and Friends vs Goku and Friends

Dragon Ball Super |OT4| When are Gohan and Piccolo coming black?

I tried :p

I still hate how in Xenoverse 2 forms are treated as separate characters/slots.

I wish they would go back to how Tenkaichi handled the forms or even Budokai 3.

NeonZ

You mean like the original Dragon Ball?

No, I don't know why you're even bringing it up. It's nothing like the original Dragonball either. There was no status quo preserved between each arc, aside from maybe 21st Budokai -> Red Ribbon (where the established supporting cast was often sidelined and the new characters didn't have permanent presence). Even the 22nd Budokai had Yamcha becoming Roshi's disciple and Kuririn becoming confident enough to challenge Goku in battle rather than his previous cowardly portrayal that carried onto at least partially up to the Red Ribbon arc (alongside tying into the Red Ribbon arc using Tao Pai Pai as a relative of Roshi's rival).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

How dare vegeta blow a gasket at cell killing his son

HeroR

Or Gohan could have destroyed Cell much earlier instead of getting arrogant and playing with Cell and giving a reason for said unneeded drama to occur.

Vegeta was responding to seeing his son get fucked up. It is one of the best Vegeta moments in the show.

And Cell never would have never become complete if it wasn't for Vegeta's ego.

It's just another moment of Vegeta messing things up for everyone.

How dare vegeta blow a gasket at cell killing his son

Screwing everyone over doesn't win a prize. Especially when it's his own fault that Cell became complete.

HeroR

No, I don't know why you're even bringing it up. It's nothing like the original Dragonball either. There was no status quo preserved between each arc, aside from maybe 21st Budokai -> Red Ribbon (where the established supporting cast was often sidelined and the new characters didn't have permanent presence). Even the 22nd Budokai had Yamcha becoming Roshi's disciple and Kuririn becoming confident enough to challenge Goku in battle rather than his previous cowardly portrayal that carried onto at least partially up to the Red Ribbon arc (alongside tying into the Red Ribbon arc using Tao Pai Pai as a relative of Roshi's rival).

You just proved that there was a status quo for a good chuck of the original Dragon Ball, namely the Red Ribbon Saga which took up around 50 episodes in the anime. Also the changes for the with Krillin and Yamcha are extremely minor, especially Yamcha who was still the worf. Things didn't really get shaking up until the King Piccolo Saga.

And the supposed status quo for Super was broken when Trunks arrived, leaving only the Champa Saga with a status quo.

And Cell never would have never become complete if it wasn't for Vegeta's ego.

It's just another moment of Vegeta messing things up for everyone.

Screwing everyone over doesn't win a prize. Especially when it's his own fault that Cell became complete.

Just like Goku giving cell a cenzu bean that let to his own demise. Goku fucks up just as much as Vegeta. If Goku could have a chance to have Cell achieve perfect form without absorbing the androids, I am sure he would have taken it.

Only difference between them is Vegeta doesn't give a fuck about the consequences, while Goku never thinks about them.

HeroR

Just like Goku giving cell a cenzu bean that let to his own demise. Goku fucks up just as much as Vegeta. If Goku could have a chance to have Cell achieve perfect form without absorbing the androids, I am sure he would have taken it.

Only difference between them is Vegeta doesn't give a fuck about the consequences, while Goku never thinks about them.

Goku given Cell a Senzu amounted to nothing in the long run. What got Goku killed was Gohan becoming drunk on his own power. And you honestly think Goku would let a living person be absorbed to stroke his own ego? A person his best friend Krillin was trying to protect? Did you forget that Vegeta attacked his own son to help Cell become perfect?

No. Cell becoming complete is Vegeta's screw up alone, and gets no prize or sympathy because his ego got his son killed.

As Krillin said, they should have let Cell kill him.

Goku and Vegeta are equally stupid.

Except Vegeta never let anyone live to fight another day and die again.

If Goku had that mindset, Vegeta would have died at Krillin's hands. There would also be no Dragon Balls since Goku would have killed Piccolo at the 23rd tournament.

Goku given Cell a Senzu amounted to nothing in the long run. What got Goku killed was Gohan becoming drunk on his own power. And you honestly think Goku would let a living person be absorbed to stroke his own ego? A person his best friend Krillin was trying to protect? Did you forget that Vegeta attacked his own son to help Cell become perfect?

No. Cell becoming complete is Vegeta's screw up alone, and gets no prize or sympathy because his ego got his son killed.

As Krillin said, they should have let Cell kill him.

If Goku had that mindset, Vegeta would have died at Krillin's hands. There would also be no Dragon Balls since Goku would have killed Piccolo at the 23rd tournament.

I never said Goku would let anyone get aborbed, but if there was a way for Cell to reach perfection without absorbing anyone then he would have jumped at it.

Goku giving the senzu bean shows that he wants opponents to be at full strength, and just like Vegeta he let his pride get in the way. His pride was for his son who he could have gotten killed.

The biggest screw up was Krillin because he got all excited that a girl kissed him and couldn't blow her up, which the other characters were hoping for.

HeroR

I never said Goku would let anyone get aborbed, but if there was a way for Cell to reach perfection without absorbing anyone then he would have jumped at it.

Goku giving the senzu bean shows that he wants opponents to be at full strength, and just like Vegeta he let his pride get in the way. His pride was for his son who he could have gotten killed.

The biggest screw up was Krillin because he got all excited that a girl kissed him and couldn't blow her up, which the other characters were hoping for.

Such a thing can't be proven because that isn't how Cell's powers work. He gets stronger by dranking people, something Goku would never allow no matter how much he wants to fight Cell at his best. The closest we got is Frieza, and wanted to humiliate Frieza with the knowledge that his best wasn't enough.

No. He gave Cell a Senzu because he wanted a fair fight and, like Frieza, he wanted Cell to know that his best was no match against Gohan. Also, take away the Senzu moment and what would change? Cell would be a little weaker, but Gohan would have still hesitated to fight, Cell still would have unleashed the Cell Jrs, 16 still would have died, and Gohan would have gone berserk.

No, the biggest screw up was Vegeta. He could have ended Cell, making Krillin smashing the remote and killing a semi-innocent person moot. He betrayed his allies and his son for a good fight, and went as far as to physically attacked his own son.

So him showing some common decency when Cell killed Trunks and making things worse for everyone again is not a great moment for me. As far as I was concern, they should have let Cell kill Vegeta both times. The only good thing Vegeta did in the entire Android/Cell Saga is bang Bulma to get Trunks.

flak57

You don't see the irony there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom