• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should all drink a nice, warm cup of tea while waiting for a new DBS episode
giphy.gif
FUCK YOUR TEA, GIVE ME SOME HETAP

Vegeta did almost everything wrong in the Cell saga, I don't know how anybody could defend him there.

The only thing he did correctly was butting in to save Goku.

This jackass seriously threaten to kill Goku when Goku let him train first in the time chamber. He had the burn coming after Goku came out of the chamber and told Vegeta that he was far superior.

HeroR

Gohan is a moron for saving Vegeta. Could have used the Dragon Balls.

How is that ironic? And they probably should have left Vegeta for dead honestly.

Vegeta did almost everything wrong in the Cell saga, I don't know how anybody could defend him there.

The only thing he did correctly was butting in to save Goku.

This jackass seriously threaten to kill Goku when Goku let him train first in the time chamber. He had the burn coming after Goku came out of the chamber and told Vegeta that he was far superior.

Actually, that is where Goku messed up. He should have never told Vegeta about the Hypobolic Time Chamber and he certainly shouldn't have let him go first. Would have saved everyone grief if Goku and Gohan confronted Semi-Perfect Cell.

The funny thing about Goku giving Cell a bean is that Gohan could have probably wrecked Cell if he didn't, since Cell was so ruined from the fight with Goku. No need for SSJ2 at all.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How did Zamasu end up in Trunks' future if this Goku visited him? Wouldn't he end up in a different future entirely - the future of the present timeline? Did Future Goku also visit him? I no understand

NeonZ

You just proved that there was a status quo for a good chuck of the original Dragon Ball, namely the Red Ribbon Saga which took up around 50 episodes in the anime. Also the changes for the with Krillin and Yamcha are extremely minor, especially Yamcha who was still the worf.

Although he loses, he's actually presented as a serious fighter in the 22nd Budokai after a while where he was just a joke in the Red Ribbon arc. The big highlight of his fighting power at that point also isn't his wolf techniques, but him being able to use the Kamehameha just like Goku. Anyway, I don't think Red Ribbon is quite comparable due to how it worked. For example, although Bulma and Yamcha are just steady going from their last appearance, it's the first time we actually see West City and Bulma's family. The various secondary characters also pop in and out of the arc - for example, Kuririn and Bulma join for the pirate cave and blue battle, but afterwards only return near the ending. Red Ribbon is really the only arc aside from the original one that focused on Goku traveling around and seeing different locations and characters. So, the old characters being mostly the same isn't really comparable to the characters just remaining still in a show that isn't constantly moving like that.

Things didn't really get shaking up until the King Piccolo Saga.

And the supposed status quo for Super was broken when Trunks arrived, leaving only the Champa Saga with a status quo.

Trunks and his future have a new status quo, of course, but everything in the present is still the same at this point. Depending on how the arc ends, it could still exist by the time Trunks goes away.

How did Zamasu end up in Trunks' future if this Goku visited him? Wouldn't he end up in a different future entirely - the future of the present timeline? Did Future Goku also visit him? I no understand

The green time rings are created when the alternate timelines are created, so they presumably take the user to them.

HeroR

The funny thing about Goku giving Cell a bean is that Gohan could have probably wrecked Cell if he didn't, since Cell was so ruined from the fight with Goku. No need for SSJ2 at all.

Cell was holding back a lot when he fought Goku. When he used his full power he had everyone, including Goku, going 'holy crap'. And Gohan still hesitated because he didn't want to kill Cell.

Although he loses, he's actually presented as a serious fighter in the 22nd Budokai after a while where he was just a joke in the Red Ribbon arc. The big highlight of his fighting power at that point also isn't his wolf techniques, but him being able to use the Kamehameha just like Goku. Anyway, I don't think Red Ribbon is quite comparable due to how it worked. For example, although Bulma and Yamcha are just steady going from their last appearance, it's the first time we actually see West City and Bulma's family. The various secondary characters also pop in and out of the arc - for example, Kuririn and Bulma join for the pirate cave and blue battle, but afterwards only return near the ending. Red Ribbon is really the only arc aside from the original one that focused on Goku traveling around and seeing different locations and characters. So, the old characters being mostly the same isn't really comparable to the characters just remaining still in a show that isn't constantly moving like that.

Trunks and his future have a new status quo, of course, but everything in the present is still the same at this point. Depending on how the arc ends, it could still exist by the time Trunks goes away.

Yamcha was present as a serious fighter at the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament who soared through the elimination round. He then lost to Jackie Chun, the person who went on to win the entire tournament. The exact same thing happened at the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament. Soared through the elimination round and lost to the person who won the entire tournament. Despite training under Master Roshi and getting much stronger, nothing changed. The only different is that he actually hit Tien, unlike what happened with Jackie Chun. He also only fought twice in the entire Red Ribbon Army Saga, against the Invisible Man and then the mummy. He was never presented as a joke in either fights, even when the mummy was beating him up since he was the skill gate character. It was Krillin who was treated as a joke for losing to the vampire, who Puar and Upa beat.

The Red Ribbon Army Saga had several story arcs wrapped into one saga. And the status quo was that Goku was the strongest and he beat up the Red Ribbon Army, despite his friends who often gave him more problems than solved.

Since Trunks and his world are part of the arc, you can't dismissed the future just because the present is peaceful.

flak57

How is that ironic? And they probably should have left Vegeta for dead honestly.

Vegeta pointlessly tries to avenge Trunks, who can be wished back. Lol Vegeta dumb.
Gohan pointlessly saves Vegeta, who can be wished back. Lol Vegeta dumb.

HeroR

Vegeta pointlessly tries to avenge Trunks, who can be wished back. Lol Vegeta dumb.
Gohan pointlessly saves Vegeta, who can be wished back. Lol Vegeta dumb.

It wasn't the avenging part that was the problem. The problem was that Vegeta was no matched for Cell even before he returned stronger than ever. The best thing Vegeta could have done and sat back and let Gohan handle things.

Gohan was too nice to let Vegeta die like the dumbass he was.

Such a thing can't be proven because that isn't how Cell's powers work. He gets stronger by dranking people, something Goku would never allow no matter how much he wants to fight Cell at his best. The closest we got is Frieza, and wanted to humiliate Frieza with the knowledge that his best wasn't enough.

No. He gave Cell a Senzu because he wanted a fair fight and, like Frieza, he wanted Cell to know that his best was no match against Gohan. Also, take away the Senzu moment and what would change? Cell would be a little weaker, but Gohan would have still hesitated to fight, Cell still would have unleashed the Cell Jrs, 16 still would have died, and Gohan would have gone berserk.

No, the biggest screw up was Vegeta. He could have ended Cell, making Krillin smashing the remote and killing a semi-innocent person moot. He betrayed his allies and his son for a good fight, and went as far as to physically attacked his own son.

So him showing some common decency when Cell killed Trunks and making things worse for everyone again is not a great moment for me. As far as I was concern, they should have let Cell kill Vegeta both times. The only good thing Vegeta did in the entire Android/Cell Saga is bang Bulma to get Trunks.

I am not talking about what can be proven or not, but it would kill Goku if he knew Cell was nowhere near as strong as he could be, I bet he would make a wish with the dragon balls to make Cell achieve perfection.

So Goku wants his opponent to know how inferior they are when they lose. Goku is completely arrogant who makes things a lot harder, by letting opponents power up to their max.

And the biggest screw up is still Krillin. Vegeta is a wild animal, you don't bring a tiger into your house and then act surprised when it eats your kid. Vegeta knows one thing and that is fighting. He has no ideas of love and friendship. All he wants to do is fight and prove his greatness. Everyone knew this is Vegeta and yet Krillin still let his dick influence his decision. Android 18 was a killing mission whose mission was to kill his best friend and the world and Krillin didn't pull the trigger. Had Vegeta destroyed Cell, they still would have had to dealt with the Android threat.

Seeing Vegeta, this wild animal, finally show some emotion for someone else is great. He finally starts to change. Vegeta never had anyone to love and care about before, Goku always did, so his recklessness is far greater, because he knew the stakes involved. For Vegeta had always been "I will die if shit goes south," but now he had something else to fight for.

Sorry it isn't one of your moments, but luckily for me, it is one of my moments :)))

N.Domixis

Banned
Today's episode was great. The smirk Zamasu gives when he sees them all standing in the courtyard is hype. I'm not sure how he's going to get out of this one. Also it looks like he tries to kill Gowasu with poison tea? Can't wait for next week. And lmao at Them spying on them with that crystal ball.

Today's episode was great. The smirk Zamasu gives when he sees them all standing in the courtyard is hype. I'm not sure how he's going to get out of this one. Also it looks like he tries to kill Gowasu with poison tea? Can't wait for next week. And lmao at Them spying on them with that crystal ball.

There was no episode today.

Sheroking

It wasn't the avenging part that was the problem. The problem was that Vegeta was no matched for Cell even before he returned stronger than ever. The best thing Vegeta could have done and sat back and let Gohan handle things.

Gohan was too nice to let Vegeta die like the dumbass he was.

Gohan is too nice to let Vegeta die, even though he should know they can wish him back. Vegeta is supposed to not be angry about watching his son gurgle out his last breath, because he should know they can wish him back. The mental gymnastics Gohan fans go through are exhausting.

Gohan fucks up that fight in like every way possible. The whole thing basically should be credited to Goku. He not only trained Gohan, he saw the latent power, coaxed it out as best he could - he sacrificed himself when Gohan screwed the pooch big time and then coached Gohan into successfully finishing Cell, with a big assist from Vegeta.

HeroR

I am not talking about what can be proven or not, but it would kill Goku if he knew Cell was nowhere near as strong as he could be, I bet he would make a wish with the dragon balls to make Cell achieve perfection.

So Goku wants his opponent to know how inferior they are when they lose. Goku is completely arrogant who makes things a lot harder, by letting opponents power up to their max.

And the biggest screw up is still Krillin. Vegeta is a wild animal, you don't bring a tiger into your house and then act surprised when it eats your kid. Vegeta knows one thing and that is fighting. He has no ideas of love and friendship. All he wants to do is fight and prove his greatness. Everyone knew this is Vegeta and yet Krillin still let his dick influence his decision. Android 18 was a killing mission whose mission was to kill his best friend and the world and Krillin didn't pull the trigger. Had Vegeta destroyed Cell, they still would have had to dealt with the Android threat.

Seeing Vegeta, this wild animal, finally show some emotion for someone else is great. He finally starts to change. Vegeta never had anyone to love and care about before, Goku always did, so his recklessness is far greater, because he knew the stakes involved. For Vegeta had always been "I will die if shit goes south," but now he had something else to fight for.

Sorry it isn't one of your moments, but luckily for me, it is one of my moments :)))

Show me any time that Goku went out of his way to make a villain more powerful? That closest we have is Goku telling Frieza to leave and master his golden form before challenging him again. Goku may spare of enemies to fight them again like Vegeta, but there is no history of him helping his enemies get stronger.

So don't blame the wild animal. Nope, doesn't work that way. Vegeta was a traitor who sold out his supposed allies for a good fight and attacked his son. If we're going to use the wild animal excuse, then Z-Fighters should have put Vegeta down like a mad dog and let Cell kill him. If a tiger breaks into the house and start eating the kids, you shoot it, no questions ask.

Android 18 was running for her life and refused to run because she would have left 16 to die. She was also innocent in that she hasn't killed anyone and didn't go out of her way to harm anyone. So Krillin killing her would be him killing someone who is fairly innocent. Plus, by that point there were several characters who could have dealt with 18 like Trunks, Goku, Gohan, and even Piccolo. They wouldn't have to deal with much after taking care of Cell. And someone who wouldn't have to die of Vegeta wasn't an asshole.

This also reeks of victims blaming. Like, 'well since you didn't lock the door, it's your fault someone came into your house and murder you'. Vegeta is a murderer, who didn't know love or friendship, so you can't blame for breaking into your house and killing you, there for, it was your fault for not locking the door since you knew Vegeta is a murderer. I would love to see how that flies in court.

No, if Vegeta is a wild animal, he should be treated like one and be killed, No amount of him showing emotions to his son, who he has abused emotionally and physically, can redeem him from his treachery. You don't get a prize for acting like a decent person after acting like a asshole.

flak57

Gohan is too nice to let Vegeta die, even though he should know they can wish him back. Vegeta is supposed to not be angry about watching his son gurgle out his last breath, because he should know they can wish him back. The mental gymnastics Gohan fans go through are exhausting.

Gohan fucks up that fight in like every way possible. The whole thing basically should be credited to Goku. He not only trained Gohan, he saw the latent power, coaxed it out as best he could - he sacrificed himself when Gohan screwed the pooch big time and then coached Gohan into successfully finishing Cell, with a big assist from Vegeta.

He should have satisfied his raw emotional outburst by watching Gohan have a nice fun battle with Cell for the next 2 hours and totally not screw things up like he did 2 minutes before.

olympia

thanks to everyone who got together for GodTube today. you know who you are. hopefully it made the break a little less harsh. see you next time there's a break.

Show me any time that Goku went out of his way to make a villain more powerful? That closest we have is Goku telling Frieza to leave and master his golden form before challenging him again. Goku may spare of enemies to fight them again like Vegeta, but there is no history of him helping his enemies get stronger.

So don't blame the wild animal. Nope, doesn't work that way. Vegeta was a traitor who sold out his supposed allies for a good fight and attacked his son. If we're going to use the wild animal excuse, then Z-Fighters should have put Vegeta down like a mad dog and let Cell kill him. If a tiger breaks into the house and start eating the kids, you shoot it, no questions ask.

Android 18 was running for her life and refused to run because she would have left 16 to die. She was also innocent in that she hasn't killed anyone and didn't go out of her way to harm anyone. So Krillin killing her would be him killing someone who is fairly innocent. Plus, by that point there were several characters who could have dealt with 18 like Trunks, Goku, Gohan, and even Piccolo. They wouldn't have to deal with much after taking care of Cell. And someone who wouldn't have to die of Vegeta wasn't an asshole.

This also reeks of victims blaming. Like, 'well since you didn't lock the door, it's your fault someone came into your house and murder you'. Vegeta is a murderer, who didn't know love or friendship, so you can't blame for breaking into your house and killing you, there for, it was your fault for not locking the door since you knew Vegeta is a murderer. I would love to see how that flies in court.

No, if Vegeta is a wild animal, he should be treated like one and be killed, No amount of him showing emotions to his son, who he has abused emotionally and physically, can redeem him from his treachery. You don't get a prize for acting like a decent person after acting like a asshole.

Goku gave Freiza opportunities to power up to his fullest.

Treachery? WTF. I don't think Vegeta ever claimed to give two fucks about his "allies." They needed him and gave his past behaviour a pass, despite him being responsible for the death of four of them. Throughout the whole Namek saga, Vegeta continues to show he is a cold blooded killer and they accept that because they need him. Then he turns around and fucks them over and they are surprised.

They should have put him down, but they couldn't. They thought they could control the wild animal and have it help them, but a wild animal will always do what is natural for itself.

Vegeta is not like the other characters. He does know have the emotions that the others do. Piccolo changed during his year with Gohan, but Vegeta never had anything like that. His whole reference for behaviour is Freiza, someone who gladly kills those who work and are beneath him.

He finally understand when he sees Trunks dead and he starts to change. He had no idea about love and being a father until that moment.

Don't act like Goku doesn't emotionally destroy Gohan. He takes a kind caring boy and forces him to act as a saviour of the world when he clearly doesn't want that responsibility. Gohan literally has to see everyone he cares about get hurt and snap before he can act. Then he acts like we have never seen him and basically wants to beat Cell to a slow death.

I actually like the way Super's Gohan doesn't fight. It makes it look like he has repelled against his forced role as the saviour, something he never wanted. All the emotional abuse from his dad was too much.

Sheroking

Vegeta didn't really have allies when he fought S-P Cell. He was in it to advance his own power and eventually win the rematch with Goku. At that point in the story, he was either a villain or an anti-villain who just happened to be put up against the actual antagonists. Any fuck-up or character flaw at that point is intended, and they're meant to be criticized as moral failings on his part.

Character flaws are only storyline issues when they are unintended and unacknowledged.

Watching through the beginning of the Buu saga again, I realized that if they eventually decide to ever make a live action DBZ movie again that the perfect Mr. Satan/Hercule would be the Rock. It would be amazing.

Top of page why

On topic any news of a dub yet?

Watching through the beginning of the Buu saga again, I realized that if they eventually decide to ever make a live action DBZ movie again that the perfect Mr. Satan/Hercule would be the Rock. It would be amazing.

Top of page why

On topic any news of a dub yet?
This is absolutely true. While another adaptation is unlikely to ever happen it would disappointing if Mr Satan wasn't depicted by Dwayne Johnson.

HeroR

Goku gave Freiza opportunities to power up to his fullest.

Treachery? WTF. I don't think Vegeta ever claimed to give two fucks about his "allies." They needed him and gave his past behaviour a pass, despite him being responsible for the death of four of them. Throughout the whole Namek saga, Vegeta continues to show he is a cold blooded killer and they accept that because they need him. Then he turns around and fucks them over and they are surprised.

They should have put him down, but they couldn't. They thought they could control the wild animal and have it help them, but a wild animal will always do what is natural for itself.

Vegeta is not like the other characters. He does know have the emotions that the others do. Piccolo changed during his year with Gohan, but Vegeta never had anything like that. His whole reference for behaviour is Freiza, someone who gladly kills those who work and are beneath him.

He finally understand when he sees Trunks dead and he starts to change. He had no idea about love and being a father until that moment.

Don't act like Goku doesn't emotionally destroy Gohan. He takes a kind caring boy and forces him to act as a saviour of the world when he clearly doesn't want that responsibility. Gohan literally has to see everyone he cares about get hurt and snap before he can act. Then he acts like we have never seen him and basically wants to beat Cell to a slow death.

I actually like the way Super's Gohan doesn't fight. It makes it look like he has repelled against his forced role as the saviour, something he never wanted. All the emotional abuse from his dad was too much.

Given the opponent to power up to their full power is not the same as making his opponent stronger.

It was treachery. He said he would help fight the androids. Goku lets him go first into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber first and even told him about the room where he didn't have to tell Vegeta crap. In exchanged, he turned against them like the wild animal you called him.

They couldn't? Oh yes they could. Goku could had killed him at any time before he became a Super Saiyan. Piccolo could have killed him after becoming a Super Namek. Goku could have killed him when he left the time chamber. Vegeta was only alive out of the heroes' kindness. None which was earned on Vegeta's part. You're right, the heroes were too kind not to put the wild animal down. It would have done the universe a favorite. One less crazy dog to deal with.

Ha, ha, Goku emotionally destroys Gohan. The last time I checked, Gohan didn't protest about going into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and he wanted to help fight Cell. Gohan's biggest problem that he didn't have killing intent, which Goku failed to recognized. And even then, that's nothing to the emotion and mental abused Vegeta put Future Trunks through. At least Goku tried to do the right thing, while Vegeta didn't give two craps about his son until a hole got blown through his chest.

But I see you whole thing. To make Vegeta look less like an asshole, you put the blame on other characters like Krillin for not murdering a semi-innocent woman to cover up Vegeta's screwup. Or Goku relying on Gohan to take care of Cell to cover up Vegeta's screwup.

At the end of the day, it's still Vegeta's screwup.

He has no idea about love and friendship, which was why he was a mass-murderer. Boo hoo. I am certain Vegeta's past victims will find comfort in knowing that. And Vegeta was a bastard even before Frieza's influence. There's a reason why Piccolo told Vegeta that he was going straight to Hell right before he did the one truly selfless thing in his life. One good deed doesn't make up for a lifetime of evil, no matter what the excuse it.

Goku allowed Freiza to get stronger, maybe the means are different, but the mentality is there.

He said he would fight against the androids and he did. All he cared about was himself and that was obvious to everyone.

Piccolo wouldn't hurt Vegeta on Namek as again, they needed him.

Vegeta is an arsehole, but he was raised to do one thing until that moment. Vegeta isn't a great person, but he has tried to turn his life around. he still does stupid things, but he now cares about people. I don't see what is wrong with acknowledging that.

A semi innocent person who was on a mission to kill Goku. if you are saying she is innocent, then the same could be said for Vegeta then, as after all, he is only the product of being raised the way he was. He had no choice. His moral code was programmed into him by a warrior race and a tyrant.

Krillin will always be the screw up. The guy had no problem killing Cell in the tank when Cell had done nothing wrong. He was just as "innocent" as 18. But no, Krillin saw a girl he liked and fucked up.

Gohan was only a kid, doesn't matter if he protested it or not, the burden shouldn't have been placed on him. Vegeta never knew love and friendship, his treatment of Trunks was fucked up, but he didn't know better. Goku flat out didn't give a care about his son's wellbeing.

Also Piccolo would know a think or two about going to hell since as you said Piccolo is King Piccolo. Someone who murdered for fun.Bit rich coming from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom