• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes is $20 at Amazon.com (digital PS4 code)

Chesskid1

Banned
holy shit yes

almost bought it during black friday for $40

edit: yess

4Glp73Q.png

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game really that good? Don't think I've heard of it, specifically (of course I know what Dragon Quest is).

Game really that good? Don't think I've heard of it, specifically (of course I know what Dragon Quest is).

I put these thoughts in another thread I'm just copy-pasting.

mXtOwRe.gif

I say this as someone that Platinumed it today. The mission design is atrociously bad, probably the worst I have experienced in a Musou game ever. Extremely grindy sidequests, little to no challenge until the endgame.

Post-game was alright, had a lot better and harder quests, but man does most of the story campaign suck. There's no difficulty selection, so the vast majority is just piss easy. I literally, without exaggeration, fell asleep while playing. I eventually just stopped applying skill points and getting new items just to make the game a bit more engaging. Then that all gets thrown out the window when you figure out Terry's stunlock combo.

It's sad, because it makes a number of good improvements to the formula and it could be way better with the sequel, I just was bored to tears playing it, and I like Musou games.

I think, put next to Hyrule Warriors, DW8, and Warriors Orochi 3, I'd recommend those three games first before I'd recommend DQH.

Edit: That said, $20 is a fair price.

Tizoc

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I WANTED THIS ON PC.

Couldn't pass it up.

Double dip! Support the PC scene!
Or you can make a giveaway of the PC ver. via ModBot

Yeah it's good, there's a bunch of stuff to upgrade and various side missions to help get your stronger and gain various items.
If you find the combat fine but not something you wanna spend more than an hour on, still get it, it works great for short bursts.

Well, gonna try to cancel my copy coming from Amazon. Now watch as soon as it cancels it'll turn out this was just an error and it goes back up in price. I'd prefer a physical copy but if it saves me $20 then I can deal with digital.

AngerdX

Hmm anyone that might be able to help me get this and the tomb rider deal, i can´t buy from amazon unfortunatly but got paypal if anyone is willing.

Oh my goooood. I only have edge and Amazon.com Registers that im in germany. Would anyone be willing to buy me a copy and ill PayPal you the money? ;_;

Edit: one Minute LTE and I got it. Yeeees.

Nice. Jealous of you guys who got it for 20. I bought for 60 on release and it was worth. Amazing game.

Its a price mistake for sure.

Damn I wonder what other PS4 digital game codes are "glitched" on Amazon

Keep 'em coming! I orders Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for $5 already.

joeblow

Nice. Jealous of you guys who got it for 20. I bought for 60 on release and it was worth. Amazing game.

Its a price mistake for sure.

I just got it for $18 with the digital discount code Amazon is promoting (thanks OP!).

To think someone posted a thread recently about the lack of discounts for PSN games... bwahahahaha!

Toki767

Damn I wonder what other PS4 digital game codes are "glitched" on Amazon

Keep 'em coming! I orders Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for $5 already.

DQH, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs on Xbox One, Final Fantasy X/X-2 on PS4, Assassin's Creed Chronicles China on Xbox One, and Final Fantasy XIV ARR + Heavensward on PS4.

boinx

Hey guys, can I buy a code from amazon, redeem it on my US psn account but play the game on my EU account too?

Top Bottom