• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

extralite

The offline part includes both the tutorial and extended offline campaign starring
the player character's child?
IIRC, both were translated.

The offline player character is the
sibling of the online one. You can choose gender and age for both freely
. Not that big of a spoiler, really, since you decide both right at the beginning of the game.

Aeana

The offline part includes both the tutorial and extended offline campaign starring
the player character's child?
IIRC, both were translated.
I see. That must have been done later then. Past I saw it, it was only the first part.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm currently on my way to unlock all the classes, but wow, some of those from version 1.x (superstar), have really annoying quest requirements. I hope the last few don't take too long.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Superstar is the most annoying one as I recall. The ones after that aren't nearly as hard
At least they reduced the number of enemies you have to defeat while in super tension from 5 to 1.

Still, it's a bummer that items which had a guaranteed tension increase effect have been only given out during limited time events which ended ages ago.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh wow, I was so lucky with the Superstar quest. When I was painfully trying to get tension up with ボケ, some random passerby saw me and keep cheering me on, getting me to 100 tension.

And with that I unlocked all the vocations, yay:
C_xbfBGVYAA_Ez3.jpg
Thinking about maining Battlemaster for the cool dual wielding, but after doing the Armamentalist quest and seeing that they are basically Red Mages from FF, I'm starting to rethink it:

Anyway, I still have a bunch of sidequests to do, like increasing the armory size and all the side stories (some of which are required for some parts of the main story in v3, from what I've read), but I'm very slowly getting there.

By the way, should I focus on getting all the classes to a decent level for the passive bonuses or is it better to just get one class to 96 asap, while doing unlock quests and version 2 and 3 main story?

extralite

By the way, should I focus on getting all the classes to a decent level for the passive bonuses or is it better to just get one class to 96 asap, while doing unlock quests and version 2 and 3 main story?

When version 2 released, the level cap was much lower so you don't really need to push beyond level 60 before starting version 2. You should get all jobs to level 50 (edit: or 42, I think that's enough to get 82 skill points) for the passives though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I'm currently in the process of getting 80-82 points in class specific skills for the bonuses. Most classes around 20-26 right now, but I wonder how fast I'll get sick of fighting Takomets and Summer Wolves.

Anyway, for those waiting for some information regarding the PS4 and Switch versions, schedule etc. will be shared during the livestream on May 27th, at 4PM JST (article about it).

extralite

I'm assuming you are using the angel slime hat and spirit balls. But I recommend picking some higher level enemies, if you can bring high level support characters.

Come to think about it, you might want to skip the passives and just start with the story. Advancing the story will give loads of exp and open up better leveling opportunities. With high level friends, the story will a breeze if you want it to be.*

*And that's even if you're lacking passives. The HP passives are the only ones I'd still recommend getting. If you play a support job, you don't need the other passives right away.

Kanann

I saw you use my LV96 Battle Master.

With another 96 priest from your friend list, you will do fine to the end of version 3 LOL

4th AI I prefer 2 hand sword Warrior.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I saw you use my LV96 Battle Master.

With another 96 priest from your friend list, you will do fine to the end of version 3 LOL

4th AI I prefer 2 hand sword Warrior.
Yes I did, she was extremely useful, thanks!
Now I have to "settle" for a lv 96 Wizard and a level 94 Monk (please log out, so I can take your character again :p).
Sadly I don't have any dedicated healers on my friends list.
Currently started doing all the 1.x side stories, once I'm done with them (leveling some of the other classes to ~40 for passives in the process), I'll start 2.x.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I checked my /played time yesterday and it's around 120 hours. I'm pretty sure it was 40 2-3 weeks ago...

I did all "important" stuff for version 1.x, aside from finishing the mega boss quest chain -
got the armor set and defeated the first two-party boss. I did that last part alone with 3 lv 96 support NPCs and it was very hectic with me barely being able to do any damage despite being level ~60.

Started the 2.x main story yesterday and got the first butterfly. That said, I think I'm a bit burned out on the game. I have only myself to blame, both for doing so many quests in a short period of time and because of playing DQ 7, 8, 9, 10 back to back over the course of over a month. That said, I really don't feel like continuing with the 2.x story for now.

One thing that I'm not enjoying in X and maybe it's because I'm not rocking the best set of equipment at all times, but despite having all the vocations that matter on level 40+ to get their passive skills for HP, MP (missing a few here), strength, defense etc., I feel that my character is really weak. Seriously, I'm not sure I could take on a few regular enemies in a row with a group of NPCs on my level.

Shouta

Once you get a bunch of gear and unlock some of the other systems, the power of your character goes up significantly. The early skills are pretty weak but as you get into the 100+ point tiers, your power really goes up fast.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Looking at 120+ skills, I guess you're right, those things look very powerful indeed.

It's too bad that to get your main class skill and one weapon skill to 150, you need to split the weapon one across multiple classes, that sounds like a lot of grinding...

I'm seriously considering paying for multiple months even if I'm not playing just to get a ton of Metal Dungeon tickets like JohnTV.

Speaking of paying, is anyone else slightly annoyed that the PS4 version subscription is separate from the PC/Wii/Wii U/Switch one?
Because of this, I'm considering grabbing only the Switch version and that's only if they do something with the performance, which wasn't that great in the latest livestream.
At least there's a beta to check out both new console versions coming, I guess.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Despite feeling a bit burned out, I decided to play some more - finished the 2.0 story, got to level 75 and after reaching the 2.1 immediately proceeded to unlock the mega warp stone (what a huge qol improvement) and did all 100+ skill unlock quests.

Also, unlocking the Board Boost helped make traversal a bit less tedious.

Now my Magic Warrior can use his MP for one powerful magic attack, yay. I'll probably never use this one, but the 120 point break is pretty sweet.

DQX continues to amaze me with the cutscene direction and not depending on canned animations as much as FF14 and PSO2. Thanks to this, despite not having voices etc., the story part feels more like a full fledged single player game than any other MMO I've played.

Speaking of comparison with FF14, I often complain about its small areas, which remove the sense of exploration from the game. After playing 140 hours of DQX, I wish that all areas and cities were smaller - getting anywhere, with a board or not takes way too much time. Especially for the number of servers/players.

Aeana

God I am SO behind.
I really want to actually experience some content in DQ10 at the time it's released for once. I think I'm going to make a goal to catch up by version 4's release.

Shouta

Oooh, they're buffing axe finally? Awesome stuff. That hasn't gotten any love recently so it's nice to get that.

Time to hit 99 though, that's gonna be a long climb, lol.

extralite

Angel slime hat can be equipped by fortune teller now and goes up to level 79, that should help me catch up.

You could always hire a suitable support character that has the angel slime hat equipped, even for recent jobs. But the raised level cap is helpful, obviously.

Anyway, Metal King coins are the best way to max out your level quickly. Although that usually requires going with other players, to get the most out of your coins. You can get them from the Royal Tomb maze and from the special lottery. You can also make them with the alchemy pot.

Oooh, they're buffing axe finally? Awesome stuff. That hasn't gotten any love recently so it's nice to get that.

Time to hit 99 though, that's gonna be a long climb, lol.

They buffed axes like three version ups ago. Two handed swords are the strongest weapon currently. Axes are still useful but they're old news, really.

Shouta

You could always hire a suitable support character that has the angel slime hat equipped, even for recent jobs. But the raised level cap is helpful, obviously.

Anyway, Metal King coins are the best way to max out your level quickly. Although that usually requires going with other players, to get the most out of your coins. You can get them from the Royal Tomb maze and from the special lottery. You can also make them with the alchemy pot.

They buffed axes like three version ups ago. Two handed swords are the strongest weapon currently. Axes are still useful but they're old news, really.

Well, they're buffing it again, lol. Souten going down to 5 MP is nice for long fights and Gouma getting its charge time reduced and damage increased is basically what it needs. It's a pretty strong move that Axe users don't get to use because they'd have to reserve it for MP heals. Damage buff and being able to use it more should be nice boost to the output of that weapon type.

Gonna be hard to beat 2H swords but considering Plasma Blade synergizes with the Fury Blade so much, it's not a surprise.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Guess I should jump back in. Stopped playing mainly because of Stormblood, but I currently just started 2.x, after finishing the 2.0 story. Probably won't be able to match the current content until 4.0...

extralite

I'm doing the story, while unlocking additional features as soon as the quests are available.
That, plus daily hunts for xp/gold.

If you're doing daily hunts, you can often get boss ones worth 40000 for free in Megistolis (from other players). Try different servers. Sometimes they want you to water their field.

The two weekly ones in Rendacia are better for experience though (110~160k per hunt quest). The weekly ones can't be shared so you have to your own.

Since you cleared 2.0, you have the essential ordeal gates for doing weekly grinding. Just do all of them and use a 30 minutes spirit ball. With double experience each is worth 40k I think. You also get nice loot you can sell.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you're doing daily hunts, you can often get boss ones worth 40000 for free in Megistolis (from other players). Try different servers. Sometimes they want you to water their field.

The two weekly ones in Rendacia are better for experience though (110~160k per hunt quest). The weekly ones can't be shared so you have to your own.

Since you cleared 2.0, you have the essential ordeal gates for doing weekly grinding. Just do all of them and use a 30 minutes spirit ball. With double experience each is worth 40k I think. You also get nice loot you can sell.
Ah, I've skimmed an article about those, guess I'll have to read a proper guide to know what to do.

extralite

Ah, I've skimmed an article about those, guess I'll have to read a proper guide to know what to do.

There's a quest in Rendor for the Fierce Warrior book. With it, you can fight stronger versions of story bosses (and get orbs) and do all the ordeal gates you previously cleared in the story. For the ordeal gates there is a once per week limit on how often you can go. You can still go with another player who hasn't cleared them for the week, so if you know other players to go grind with, you can do them more than once per week.

It's a good idea to bring a thief, for getting better and more loot. But generally a party that is strong enough to clear the ordeals as quickly as possible is all you need. Some of the ordeals required certain skills (party member combinations) to defeat at lower levels.

It's a good idea to bring a sage for the zero baptism skill that removes buffs and tension from opponents. The Cedra Dragon might require two healers, for the Diva you want sleep and some other affliction resistances.

It becomes a non issue with support characters above level 90 since they can defeat most enemies before they get dangerous.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's a quest in Rendor for the Fierce Warrior book. With it, you can fight stronger versions of story bosses (and get orbs) and do all the ordeal gates you previously cleared in the story. For the ordeal gates there is a once per week limit on how often you can go. You can still go with another player who hasn't cleared them for the week, so if you know other players to go grind with, you can do them more than once per week.

It's a good idea to bring a thief, for getting better and more loot. But generally a party that is strong enough to clear the ordeals as quickly as possible is all you need. Some of the ordeals required certain skills (party member combinations) to defeat at lower levels.

It's a good idea to bring a sage for the zero baptism skill that removes buffs and tension from opponents. The Cedra Dragon might require two healers, for the Diva you want sleep and some other affliction resistances.

It becomes a non issue with support characters above level 90 since they can defeat most enemies before they get dangerous.
Thanks for the explanation, I did the gates I had unlocked and was able to jump from 82 to 84 in ~15 min.

I assume that I unlock further gates as I progress the story? Or is it possible to just run around at touch those dark gates, fight the enemies and add them to my rotation?

Kanann

Thanks for the explanation, I did the gates I had unlocked and was able to jump from 82 to 84 in ~15 min.

I assume that I unlock further gates as I progress the story? Or is it possible to just run around at touch those dark gates, fight the enemies and add them to my rotation?

The last door (version 3.5) has Platinum king.

Gate quests on Version 3 world (no spoiler) give you 1m exp per continent.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wish I knew how these gates work earlier, since I was able to get from 82 to 86 in about an hour.
Anyway, thanks for all the tips.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm slowly going through the 2.1 story and wow, the reveal about the
city of dead children
really got me, despite more or less knowing what it's going to be.

It felt a bit like a cheap shot, but I guess that just how some DQ stories are.
That said the super happy music during that slideshow in the end where
everyone was visiting their children's graves
felt very, very out of place.

Unrelated, but extralite, I think I was using your priest for quite a while - could you log out with your priest so I can hire him again? (I think it was your priest I've been using)
No one in my team has a decent high level priest, so boss battles are harder than they should be...

I recently finally started playing over the last month after years of envy. I've got a friend that's fluent in JP helping me along, so between him and Google Translate it's been ok so far.

From what I can tell, I'm maybe 75% through the 1.X story content and am loving it so far.

Is anyone planning on starting to play again when 3.5 drops?

Shouta

I've already started logging in again for the end. I was logging in regularly for part 1 but kinda got busy with other stuff after that. Part 2 didn't have much either, lol.

Aeana

I need to build up my friend list again. I started a new character last time I played because I needed to be a puklipo.

Kanann

DAMN! THAT ENDING!

AND DAMN! THAT VERSION 4 TEASING!!!

Good luck beating boss that spam
1000 damage to your party every second.

Shouta

I'm definitely gonna go and finish v3 this week. I got into a Monster Arena loop earlier and got S rank and a bunch of rewards from the 10x battles. Some of those are sooo nice.

Aeana

One of the crappiest things about starting a new character is that all of that progress I had of people raising my monsters via the mobile app on my last char is gone. :(

Anyone can feel free to add me too. :)

My story progression:

I just finished the last capital city emblem (I think that's the 11th?) in the v1 content.

ほのか
PW970-924

This is cool. Gotta figure out AWS stuff sometime so I can get back into DQX. Miss it a lot. Found the stamp stuff a little draining with 2.X story progression. Does 3 follow the same structure?

The AWS stuff works great! If you set up a nano sized server it costs around $6/month on average. I pool in with a friend and we can both use it at the same time without issue.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do they still require the person to be online before you can send them a friend request? Sigh.
Nope, I just sent you and JLateralus friend requests and it just said that they'll be delivered next time you log in. I remember that they have an expiration date, but it's probably at least a few days.

Top Bottom