• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Slowly going through all DQ games, but I'll definitely try X when I'm done with IX, since I heard mostly good things about it.

I assume servers for PC and Wii/Wii U are separate, unlike FF11/14?

Gloam

Slowly going through all DQ games, but I'll definitely try X when I'm done with IX, since I heard mostly good things about it.

I assume servers for PC and Wii/Wii U are separate, unlike FF11/14?

I think they're the same. You can use the same characters across versions so they must be.

Aeana

I keep meaning to go back, but it's hard to find the time. There's so much content I've missed out on. I really want to play it while people I know are still playing. :/

Gloam

I keep meaning to go back, but it's hard to find the time. There's so much content I've missed out on. I really want to play it while people I know are still playing. :/

In the same boat here. All the new content feels a bit overwhelming, I checked out around 2.4 or so.

Aeana

I think I'm still working on 2.0 stuff on my character.
Frankly, I kind of want to start a new character because I want to be a cute pupliko and not a stupid elf. But I figure that's not a good idea at all, since I have a house and craft levels and all of that on my elf.

Kanann

Please don't fear making a new character
It'll catch up with progress quicker than you imagine

some of my team mate start from zero to end of 3.2 in just 3 months
and have all end game needs

Shouta

Secondary char can become your main and your main can become your secondary, lol.

New level 90 weapons are out with this update and the Whip and Claw weapons are so good.

I should finish 3.2's story so I can move on to 3.3

Kanann

New job "Fortune Teller"
V0rQyYq.png

with weird mechanics; figth with cards, collecting cards. combining cards, etc.
y1KmbYj.png

Gloam

Has there been any more info on the DQ1 elements in 10. They showed a little teaser a while back. Loto armour versus the dragon. Probably a boss, but would be cool to playthrough the whole game in X's engine.

Shouta

According to the latest update notes, a bunch of quests have had their experience rewards boosted by 2-3x.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/39e4973ba3321b80f37d9b55f63ed8b8/

Pretty cool. A good time for me to come back!

I've also got a ton Pair Metal Maze tickets if you want to come with me. It's the special 220 hour ticket where the maze is full of Metal enemies but instead of solo, it's a pair version. I've got like 12 of them so I can toss a bunch your way to catch you up.

Aeana

I started a new character. If anybody is still playing, please add me as a friend!

アマティ
WT862-211

Aeana

I was geeking out while doing it last night. Then we ran the labyrinth a bunch of times to get more rainbow drops. Lots more runs to do to get enough to buy everything.

My copy comes on this weekend. What VPN do you guys recommend. I used softether in the past, which did okay but kind of had crap connections.

Aeana

My copy comes on this weekend. What VPN do you guys recommend. I used softether in the past, which did okay but kind of had crap connections.
I recommend using Amazon Web Services. There's a tutorial about how to do it on Dragon's Den, but I can write it up if need be.

I didn't know AWS had a VPN service. Cool. Is it cheap? I'll take a look at dd if it's in the pc set up thread.

In my previous goes in the trials, I played Elf and Pukuripo. Elf was cool. Can I start with the new dragon race?

Aeana

They don't have a VPN service per se. You create an EC2 instance in their Tokyo region and then you use Putty and something like Proxifier to proxy all of DQ10's connections through to that server.

It's free for a year, and after that you pay only while the instance is powered on and the rate is very cheap. It works out to $16/mo if you have it on literally 24/7, dramatically less if you only have it on while you're playing.

The dragon race isn't playable.

Aeana

Trying to register my credit card but it won't let me because it's a foreign card.

Advice?

You can't pay via CC directly. You can pay via Rakuten, though.
Follow this, except instead of the shop, select the Rakuten option in the account payment page. http://www.woodus.com/forums/?showtopic=30589

Alternately, you could buy WebMoney codes from a site like Japan Codes and pay that way. But Rakuten works just fine for me with my US CC.

Got it working. Awesome.

Went from level 8 to 15 tonight. Killed a boss that took me from 8 to 11 in one fight. Them got a bunch of experience from a story fight that took me to 15.

john tv

Added both of you guys. I'm still this if you want to add me:

ジョン
HS695-371

Still so much to get caught up on, but looking fwd to getting back into things! I only had Version 2, so I ordered Version 3 today, should have it by tomorrow.

Shouta

Only V2? You'll have a lot to catch-up for sure and there's a new job too.

On that note, I haven't been able to get the darn monster cards to upgrade to Angel Slime for my important ones. =(

john tv

Only V2? You'll have a lot to catch-up for sure and there's a new job too.

On that note, I haven't been able to get the darn monster cards to upgrade to Angel Slime for my important ones. =(
I haven't played in three years. Never cancelled tho, so have an entire vault full of reward tickets and genki balls and such, LOL.

Shouta

I haven't played in three years. Never cancelled tho, so have an entire vault full of reward tickets and genki balls and such, LOL.

I hope you get a bunch of Metal Maze tickets too (the 220h one) because those + genki balls + Angel Slime Hat really speed things up, lol.

john tv

I hope you get a bunch of Metal Maze tickets too (the 220h one) because those + genki balls + Angel Slime Hat really speed things up, lol.
Yeah, I had four plus a friend shared a pair one. Upped all my jobs to level 40 except one. 166 levels in total in one four hour session, LOL.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since the PC version has a free trial, I decided to finally check the game out.
I had weird stuttering issues through the whole offline prologue (970/i7/8GB RAM, so I don't think it's my PC...), but they seem to be completely gone now that I started the online mode.

While the exploration in the prologue area and super early game combat were a bit lacking, I still liked the whole experience and will definitely grab the game once I have my hands free for a while - getting it 4 days before Persona 5 comes out isn't a good idea, ha ha.

Since I got to the online part, here's my player info if anyone wants to friend me:
ハセモ
HT470-479

Since the PC version has a free trial, I decided to finally check the game out.
I had weird stuttering issues through the whole offline prologue (970/i7/8GB RAM, so I don't think it's my PC...), but they seem to be completely gone now that I started the online mode.

While the exploration in the prologue area and super early game combat were a bit lacking, I still liked the whole experience and will definitely grab the game once I have my hands free for a while - getting it 4 days before Persona 5 comes out isn't a good idea, ha ha.

Since I got to the online part, here's my player info if anyone wants to friend me:
ハセモ
HT470-479

The offline mode us a separate program from the online portion. They haven't patched the offline mode since release while the online mode has.

I had the same issue

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The offline mode us a separate program from the online portion. They haven't patched the offline mode since release while the online mode has.

I had the same issue
Didn't know about the offline mode not being patched since release, that would explain a lot.
Still a weird decision, since that's the part people interested in the game would see in the trial. Honestly, if Aeana didn't tell me that this happens in offline mode, I'd uninstall the game after 10 minutes.

ゆめにゅうどう is probably my favorite monster Toriyama has created in a while. This thing is awesome

Gloam

A lot of DQ10 seems to extend off of 9. I suppose Swinedimples Academy paved the way for this sorta nonsense. Well, that and Persona.

Lynx_7

Lol that was so jarring. Like a trailer from some unrelated Idea Factory game slapped between two Dragon Quest segments. Just keep being you, DQ.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I guess the trial in DQX doesn't have a time limit, since I haven't touched the game in 2+ weeks and I could still log in.

Grabbed the free Angel Slime Hat which gives a 200% exp bonus and was able to reach level 7 in about 10 minutes. It works until level 59, so I guess it should come in handy both with the main character and while leveling alts.

I also read through this whole thread and it was really fun to see everyone super excited when the Wii version first came out, posting at a very impressive pace, just for the interest to (understandably) die down after a while.

Just out of curiosity, are there any people here who are playing more or less actively (not a once a month kind of thing)?

Once I get to the limit of the trial I'll probably pull the trigger on the 4k yen PC all inclusive version of the game, but it would be neat to have someone to talk to.

After seeing it mentioned a few times in the thread, I grabbed the iPhone app, but I guess it won't be useful to me for a while.

I have a question about classes and races - some were added in updates, some in expansions. When I finished the offline part and started online, the class selection was very limited - are newer classes accessible once I grab the full version and are unlocked based on which version I own? Or are the newer ones considered "advanced" classes and each of them requires a quest to unlock before you can change into them?

I play a few times a week. Usually for about half an hour or so. It's all I can spare. DQVII has been getting priority.
It's pretty great tho

john tv

I guess the trial in DQX doesn't have a time limit, since I haven't touched the game in 2+ weeks and I could still log in.

Grabbed the free Angel Slime Hat which gives a 200% exp bonus and was able to reach level 7 in about 10 minutes. It works until level 59, so I guess it should come in handy both with the main character and while leveling alts.
Also just leveling different vocations. I used metal dungeon tickets (forget what they're called) to level all my vocations to like...40? or 50? I forget, in like..an hour. It was amazing.

Just out of curiosity, are there any people here who are playing more or less actively (not a once a month kind of thing)?
I'm not super active, but I'll jump on from time to time. Currently working on DQ7, so DQ10 is sort of on hold at the moment. :)

I think my ID/etc is up above, def. add me when you have a sec.

I have a question about classes and races - some were added in updates, some in expansions. When I finished the offline part and started online, the class selection was very limited - are newer classes accessible once I grab the full version and are unlocked based on which version I own? Or are the newer ones considered "advanced" classes and each of them requires a quest to unlock before you can change into them?
I dunno if stuff unlocks based on full ver. or not, but yes, several vocations are only accessible after you complete the quest line to unlock them.

Aeana or Shouta probably have better answers, but hopefully helps a little? ;p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think my ID/etc is up above, def. add me when you have a sec.
Did they change it so the person you want to add no longer has to be online? I saw some people having problem with that very early in the thread (so 4 years ago).
Aeana or Shouta probably have better answers, but hopefully helps a little? ;p
Sure, thanks for the answers!

My main problem with coming into a new MMO so long after it's launch is wrapping my head around all the available features, optimal stuff that should be done first to improve qol (like a bigger bag etc.). Guess there are wikis with all this stuff or I might just grab a physical guide which I linked on twitter earlier.
I play a few times a week. Usually for about half an hour or so. It's all I can spare. DQVII has been getting priority.
It's pretty great tho
I'll try to add you to friends next time I'm online. :)

Aeana

The trial is level-limited, not time limited. IIRC it's level 20.
Also, the game does a pretty good job of getting you acquainted with new systems once you unlock the concierge at inns. Any time something major is added, they tell you about it. I came back after a year of not playing and there were a ton of things to read about.

As for classes, all of the advanced classes have questlines to unlock. There aren't any unlockable races (the dragon race is only for NPCs, not players).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The trial is level-limited, not time limited. IIRC it's level 20.
Also, the game does a pretty good job of getting you acquainted with new systems once you unlock the concierge at inns. Any time something major is added, they tell you about it. I came back after a year of not playing and there were a ton of things to read about.

As for classes, all of the advanced classes have questlines to unlock. There aren't any unlockable races (the dragon race is only for NPCs, not players).
I thought it was level limited, but I had a few month old (maybe a year plus) trial on my usual Japanese SE account and I couldn't use it anymore (I'm sure it was there, because it didn't allow me to add a new one), so I had to make a new account.

Anyway, grabbed the all in one digital PC pack on Amazon and I'm ready to go.
yTYvYD7.png

Pretty excited, although I wish I started a few years ago when everyone else was playing actively.

Top Bottom