• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown PS4 leaked?

Ohhh, nice if true.
Time for some hot Dragons Crown gifs that everybody enjoys, you know what I'm talking about.

latest
561GeAl.gif

Will support if comes to PC
(Ha fat chance)
, but I've already got it twice now so not in any desperate need for it again.

Lorcain

F*k yes! Oden Sphere on PS4 is top tier, but it also made me really want Dragon's Crown on PS4. Let's do this.

I can fully retire my PS3 if this happens.

ys45

One of the best games on the PS3 for PS4 with enhancements? That's a day one for me and I hope they do a collector edition like they did with Odin Sphere.

Tohsaka

Doubt I will rebuy it unless it has a fair amount of new content, good for people who never played it or want to play it again though.

zulux21

Doubt I will rebuy it unless it has a fair amount of new content, good for people who never played it or want to play it again though.

I am trying to remember if there are other ones but the two I can think of (odin sphere and muramasa) both had a good chunk of new content added to them.

Pejo

Gold Member
The Old Triple Dip.

Yessir. Instantly.

Ok now imagine this - incredibly unlikely but imagine.

This game comes out, and uses the Guardian Heroes method to unlock almost all of the characters as playable characters. This could be my beat'em up of the forever if so.

If not, please at least make the Thief playable.

Also, what the hell ever happened to 13 Sentinels?

Syril

Well Odin Sphere was already the best revision ever so I'm totally on board.

"Hey guys, maybe our action game would be better if we stopped putting in a bunch of pointless inventory and leveling systems."

Hope there's at least crossplay between the Vita/PS3 if it's just a port. As much as I like Dragon's Crown, I wouldn't buy a console for a game I already own.

Fisty

Looks like Muramasa is the last one left. Maybe we could even get a PS2 Classic version of GrimGrimoire one day to make PS4 the defacto home of Vanillaware.

Well Odin Sphere was already the best revision ever so I'm totally on board.

"Hey guys, maybe our action game would be better if we stopped putting in a bunch of pointless inventory and leveling systems."
Dragon's Crown leveling and inventory system is a lot of fun. Odin Sphere's inventory management was really enjoyable for me. =D

Cels

Will support if comes to PC
(Ha fat chance)
, but I've already got it twice now so not in any desperate need for it again.

yea i don't have a ps4 and i haven't bought it yet for ps3...but with odin sphere not coming to PC i don't see this coming to PC either. guess it's ps3 or nothing for me.

Syril

Dragon's Crown leveling and inventory system is a lot of fun. Odin Sphere's inventory management was really enjoyable for me. =D

With Dragon's Crown the issue is more that you have to go to a bunch of separate buildings to manage everything and everyone has to take turns doing it in local multiplayer.

Going to end up double dipping on this just for the cooking/eating minigame.

ct9qfjJ.gif

Just perfectly silly and awesome and munch munch nom nom nom (BONUS!).

Espada

Looks like Muramasa is the last one left. Maybe we could even get a PS2 Classic version of GrimGrimoire one day to make PS4 the defacto home of Vanillaware.

Holee Shit, if they announced GrimGrimoire I would flip. The only thing that's more of a long shot than that is a brand new Princess Crown (I doubt we'll get this though, OS is a perfected spiritual successor to it).

remz

Letting you change gear/skills/whatever in local coop without having to take turns waiting would make this a goat re release for me, my girlfriend and I love playing this game and that's the only real annoying thing about it.

Espada

Vanillaware is gonna make me rebuy every one of their games before they give me my giant robot game aren't they? Fine, not even mad.

Maybe they're using these rereleases as a means of scraping together the funding for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? I honestly wouldn't mind getting Dragon's Crown and Muramasa updated ala Odin Sphere if it meant waiting longer for 13 Sentinels.

Maybe they're using these rereleases as a means of scraping together the funding for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? I honestly wouldn't mind getting Dragon's Crown and Muramasa updated ala Odin Sphere if it meant waiting longer for 13 Sentinels.

Muramasa like the Demon Blade? I would LOVE for them to rerelease that. Absolute tragedy for a game that beautiful to be stuck on 1) an SD console and 2) a handheld. I want to play it in glorious beautiful HD on my TV, I love the way that game looks.

Never played Dragon's Crown but if it's coming to PS4 I'd be down for sure. Always been curious about it and heard good things. I still have my PS3 so I'm sure I could probably get it for cheap but I'll wait to see if they make any improvements for PS4

OmegaDL50

Never played DC. How does it compare to Guardian Heroes in the beat-em-up hierarchy?

It's closest to George Kamitani's previous work he did when once employed by Capcom.

If you ever played Dungeons & Dragons : Tower of Doom / Shadows over Mystara that is the baseline, then add freely selectable dungeons and upgradable gear, with the Vanillaware style of artwork, and this is what Dragon's Crown is more or less.

Top Bottom