• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I’m just busting his balls obviously… but THE GIANT GLOWING HEART THAT SHAKES YOUR CONTROLLER didn’t cue you in? Come on. We’re pro gamers here.

To be fair it took me three tries to figure out what I needed to do exactly, but I knew there was something.
I got a bit lost during his speech, no surprise considering I'm ESL and half the words the dragon uses are either "tis" or "aught". :goog_relieved:

Managed to solve it tho. But I wonder... what happens if you use the godsbane not during the flight scene, but during the fight itself? do you still fall into the brine with him somehow?

DavidGzz

Yeah, I wonder how long the end game is cause even without it, I clocked 90+ hours. I'm 120 hours in on both playthoughs with no end in sight. This is my new Diablo like addiction. Once I get to NG again, I will look for difficulty mods to keep it engaging.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah, I wonder how long the end game is cause even without it, I clocked 90+ hours. I'm 120 hours in on both playthoughs with no end in sight. This is my new Diablo like addiction. Once I get to NG again, I will look for difficulty mods to keep it engaging.
Not very long I'm afraid, although there are reasons to explore at your own leysure instead of rushing it. I took my time and got to fight some monsters I barely met during the normal game, like Dullahans and Wargs.

And if anyone’s looking to create a simplistic mod for PC that will get good reviews and have demand: Create one that makes fart noises every time anybody uses ‘Formless Feint’ for Thief.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Imagine the percentage of people who missed the end game sequence if it wasn't for the Internet. I'd bet it would be most.

I'm going to have to remake my main pawn Scarlet Witch again when I restart NG plus, I wonder how renting her out is going to work now that I am not continuing with the other save? I guess that's why Capcom wants one save lol per account. Does she disappear into the ether?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jesus Freaking Christ

gt9qeKx.jpeg

QO3kI7J.jpeg

It's basically this

Enf3snoUYAU0ems.jpg

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Not very long I'm afraid, although there are reasons to explore at your own leysure instead of rushing it. I took my time and got to fight some monsters I barely met during the normal game, like Dullahans and Wargs.
If you beat the 5 Red Objective bosses it isn't "timed" anymore. Easiest workaround around the weird time system in what we will call Endgame is just to stay stocked up on Wakestones(full heal on death) and Allheal Elixir's(full heal including full recovery from HP loss). With those you really have no reason to fear dying at any point in the game and lots of chests and enemies when you use a Thief's Pilfer/Steal ability will net you lots of Ferrystones and Wakestone Shards in Endgame.

So if you bumrush those you can freely explore as long as you want. The mist will never spread this way. And if you stopped Talos with both Arms intact then when you reactivate it, it will kill two of those bosses for you.

adamsapple

Damn......just got hit with the dragonsplague. Did not see it coming at all.

Fuck. My pawns have been talking about it every now and then.

My pawn only goes to other worlds when sleeping in a bed, whether the inn or the home I own in the capital. Guess I'm permanently sleeping in the camps now.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Fuck. My pawns have been talking about it every now and then.

From what I've read it only happens when your pawn goes to other worlds when you sleep at inns. Guess I'm permanently sleeping in the camps now.

I was sleeping at my home in Battahl. I just changed vocations and went there to get better gear, but had to fight a chimera that interrupted my ox cart ride so took some damage as I'm still learning fighter. So went to sleep and poof......red eyed bitch killed Battahl. Now the vendors that I came here to see are dead.

sigh

Kacho

I was sleeping at my home in Battahl. I just changed vocations and went there to get better gear, but had to fight a chimera that interrupted my ox cart ride so took some damage as I'm still learning fighter. So went to sleep and poof......red eyed bitch killed Battahl. Now the vendors that I came here to see are dead.

sigh
There’s another shop in nearby village that sells the same stuff

DavidGzz

sigh

Same exact happened to me but I was at the cheap Inn in Battahl. I rezzed the vendors and the cheap Inn guy. Finally had a reason to use the hoarded wakestones. They talk to me like nothing happened lol! I felt bad for Isaac and his family. Poor kid.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
lol......so main quest cutscene just occurred in Battahl and a key character was in it, alive and well. After the cutscene was over.......he's dead. :messenger_grinning:

Topher

Gold Member
Holy shit.....so after the cutscene was over, that one character was dead, but everyone else came back to life. dafuq?

Topher

Gold Member
So what do you do? I’m sure some fucking dirty whore pawn will give it to me or my pawn.

Not sure what happened, but the entire town came back to life. Actually, I think they were replaced with new people. The vendors seem different now. I dunno......just going to go with it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

sigh
That's why I always check if my pawns have red eyes everytime after camp and inn, just in case. It's really cool gameplay mechanic though, which reminds of Vampirism and Corprus from TESIII, but obviously it's way different in DD''2'' cuz of the pawns and what they can do if they'll get infected. There's so much cool stuff in this game and I love it!

Finally found Sphinx yesterday and the journey to get to her is effin' amazing all the way through👍

bztAaLa.jpeg

V6XifKs.jpeg

GMf56wV.jpeg

tXr5E8a.jpeg

reBbxij.jpeg

O43c7AL.jpeg

Kings Field

Felt pretty underwhelmed as Sorcerer so I took it upon myself to switch it up and try mystic spear hand. That carried me through the Magic Archer quest and now I’m at the volcano area and switched to Magic Archer and will proceed as such .

What a fucking game. GOTY

adamsapple

I think I may have dodged a bullet. Read up a bit on the dragonblight and the biggest / easiest sign to see is that your pawns will develop bright red eyes.

Recruited a new pawn a little bit ago who was wearing a full head covered helmet, removed her helmet on a whim and she had the bright red eyes under it, yikes.

Even recruited pawns can come with the blight.

DavidGzz

I think I may have dodged a bullet. Read up a bit on the dragonblight and the biggest / easiest sign to see is that your pawns will develop bright red eyes.

Recruited a new pawn a little bit ago who was wearing a full head covered helmet, removed her helmet on a whim and she had the bright red eyes under it, yikes.

Even recruited pawns can come with the blight.

Really? Were they glowing or something? I created my Scarlet Witch with red eyes, I wonder if that's what the pawn owner did because I thought it was main pawn only. If not, damn!

adamsapple

Really? Were they glowing or something? I created my Scarlet Witch with red eyes, I wonder if that's what the pawn owner did because I thought it was main pawn only. If not, damn!

They were bright red, like the ganados in RE4 remake. I did a little reading and apparently that's a sign that the pawn has dragonblight.

This part reminds me of the mother base and finding the infected soldiers in MGSV.

DavidGzz

FYI your pawn has an affinity for you which effects the ending. Killing them reduces that affinity.

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded a mod that makes the hot springs a cure for Dragon Plague. Now I can quit killing my Pawn affinity.

BTW, anyone on PC, try the configurable cast time mod. My mage now casts spells right after the initial animation. It's amazing and makes mage tolerable when you get surrounded. Less sitting duck action.

Yerd

Thief with implicate is awsome for harpies.

Pawns eyes with DP will fluctuate brightness. Easier to see in the dark. I always check my pawns eyes before inn rest.
You can also get other hints like them holding their head (headache) and they won't respond to commands.

I noticed my own pawns with the headache and a hired pawn not responding. Saying "I'll do aught I want" or some such.

I wasn't sure if you could hire pawns inside the rift with it. I was dilligent in looking at every potential hire's eyes. Finally found one and can confirm they can come with it.

If you make a pawn with red eyes, I won't hire it. Any eye covering, not getting hired.

I think DP must increase at higher levels or quest progression.

Ah so that is why one of my pawns (not my main) keeps holding her head, staggering and/or slumping after battle. Is it a question of just swapping her out/throwing her off a cliff?

SCB3

Do vocations take longer to level the higher level your character is? This Magick Archer is taking a lot longer than the other vocations and I'm killing bigger enemies with it equipped

SCB3

Man they were not kidding about how abrupt the end game comes, I'm at the point of no return and it was so out of nowhere

TintoConCasera

Man they were not kidding about how abrupt the end game comes, I'm at the point of no return and it was so out of nowhere
What's the point of no return? If I'm not mistaken, you are told to rest at an inn just before the dragon fight.

TintoConCasera

Pro tip (thanks to reeeee)

if you have your weapon out when mining, the mining animation doesn't trigger, so the gathering is instant.
You can also order your pawns to gather stuff by looking at it and using the Go! command. Usefull for when there are lots of gathering spots nearby.

DavidGzz

Ok, rolled credits for real now. Epic end game! It was a lot of fun to clear all of the optional stuff. That last one took a while and the spells....Jesus. Old boy at the end after the credits lol. 107 hours. Died 13 times.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

So apparently, DD2 had a team of just 392 people working on it. Compare that number to other Capcom games like SF6 (~1800) or DMC V (~1200) and it's obvious that Capcom doesn't really give too many fucks about this series, even after all the success of the original game.

This really helps putting things into perspective and explains why the game feels so half assed in some aspects. Still, quite impressed with what they have achieved with such a small team.
We DD fans sure can't catch a break, maybe third time will be the charm? :goog_relieved:

Its that, after the big fight there
oh, cool! I was wondering if maybe you weren't able to leave the encampent after following Phaesus or something like that.

So apparently, DD2 had a team of just 392 people working on it. Compare that number to other Capcom games like SF6 (~1800) or DMC V (~1200) and it's obvious that Capcom doesn't really give too many fucks about this series, even after all the success of the original game.

This really helps putting things into perspective and explains why the game feels so half assed in some aspects. Still, quite impressed with what they have achieved with such a small team.
We DD fans sure can't catch a break, maybe third time will be the charm? :goog_relieved:

oh, cool! I was wondering if maybe you weren't able to leave the encampent after following Phaesus or something like that.

Was about to post this here. C(r)apcom really seems to meddle with Itsuno's projects and not give a damn about Dragon's Dogma as one their future big IPs. Their loss, any other company would kill to have such passionate and talented team.

Topher

Gold Member

What's the point of no return? If I'm not mistaken, you are told to rest at an inn just before the dragon fight.

Yeah, but that really isn't much of a "point of no return" warning. I was certainly not ready for the end-game boss fight so I reverted back to the inn save and figured out how to get back to the camp using that ridiculous gondola lift thing with all the annoying harpies. Don't really care for this final area much, honestly.

Top Bottom