• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Dragon's Dogma 2 Character creator Demo has been announced

sigmaZ

j852MX8.jpg
bGjnWzC.jpg

Lokaum D+

apparently Capcom removed the possibility of creating dwarves, minimun heigh is 160cm ( first game was 140 ) , fuck you Capcom, now i cant recreate my Gimli pawn to travel with me in this medieval fantasy world... FUCK YOU.

playing this shit on PC and modding the hell out of it.

Last edited:

GermanZepp

Going balls deep into this tonight. Gonna make my vixen, my cat, ehrthang!
I´m going to re create my girlfriend as a pawn as i did in the first game. I got a very close resemblanse let her go running around in underware with no armor :messenger_grinning_sweat:

My username is my PSN tag so everyone feel free to add my so we can trade pawns

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
NwbzLtO.jpeg

Now THAT'S what I call a great character creator! Fuckin' brillinat, Capcom!👏:messenger_smiling_hearts:

7j5MRDB.jpeg

EMVdbKy.jpeg

And here's..... ugh, Lords of the Fallen character creator in comparison (UE5 game!):

UZEzxRy.jpeg
I've tried my best, really, but this is literally the best face I could come up with after 2 hours, and don't even get me started on absolutely abysmal hair quality, terrible hair styles, barebones body customization and complete lack of GI of any kind, subsurface scattering, shadows etc., under different light conditions etc. during gameplay.

Last edited:
I did an older Savan to give a spin on the CC. Savan is the default male model you play in the tutorial for the original game. He appeared a few times in promotional material for DD2. One he younger self in the IGN first videos.

This is Young Savan:
jhoEU4z.png

This is Savan in the Warfarer Promotional Material:
kbrWJGV.png

You only get Young Savan in the presets, so I tried my version of his older self:
eL5fs5Q.jpg
rOK8uB8.jpg

I tried to make Garfield. But it ended up as nightmare fuel because we can't make short characters this time around.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Wow! What an incredible creator. Possibly the best in the industry now?

NYUXUS1.jpg

Apologies for phone quality. Was running fast for work

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Great, a demo of the worst part of any RPG.

(Not talking about the quality of the character creator itself, I just don't like them. In fact, the more in-depth they are the more I dislike them. Just give me a well designed main character, or at most a few presets to choose from.)

Edit: You guys are making some cool stuff though!

Last edited:

DavidGzz

My only issue is that I couldn't make a character as close to myself as I'd like(buff wise, stealth brag😁). It makes sense, no gyms in medieval times, but it's a fantasy game and there was no magic either or was there? Great proportions though besides how small my hand looks compared to my forearm. Also, the back...you can't get like any definition there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Juza

NwbzLtO.jpeg

Now THAT'S what I call a great character creator! Fuckin' brillinat, Capcom!👏:messenger_smiling_hearts:

7j5MRDB.jpeg

EMVdbKy.jpeg

And here's..... ugh, Lords of the Fallen character creator in comparison (UE5 game!):

UZEzxRy.jpeg
I've tried my best, really, but this is literally the best face I could come up with after 2 hours, and don't even get me started on absolutely abysmal hair quality, terrible hair styles, barebones body customization and complete lack of GI of any kind, subsurface scattering, shadows etc., under different light conditions etc. during gameplay.

3 hours later .. and this shit occurred :messenger_loudly_crying:

https://i.ibb.co/2k7CVVz/Screenshot-2024-03-09-042809.png

fallingdove

Great character creator. Super straightforward, results look pretty good.

The biggest challenge will be how they look in cutscenes. That was always an issue between creator and in game in DDDA.

Top Bottom