• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Dragon's Dogma 2 Character creator Demo has been announced

Lokaum D+

i saw someone created this on facebook

pika pika pikachuu!

VzY4SmH.jpg
qnUf7CK.jpg

digdug2

I found some information and footage from a YouTuber who got to play the game for a few hours. I'm not sure if this is PS5 footage or PC footage with a PlayStation controller, but the gameplay appears to be pretty smooth. I'm really looking forward to this game.

ssringo

The hype about this game is starting to get to me, as all I hear is how great DD1 was.
The truth is this: Dragon's Dogma was a 7/10 game and was also one of the best games ever made. It was blatantly unfinished and had awful performance (much worse that what people are complaining about currently). It also had lots of various system running that (if it clicked with you) gave an incredible experience that you could not get anywhere else and, as far as I know, you still can't get anywhere else. For those of us that loved the first game, this one is shaping up to be what the first one could've been had it been completed. So the hype from us is through the roof.

Svejk

Tried to make our cat... It was tricky. The main fur patterns are a bit lacking. It seems to really only have patterns for wild big cats, and not common household cats. And what are most people going to do try and emulate? Their own cat naturally. The MHW Palicos almost do it better... Had to do some serious finagling with tattoo placements to try and replicate patterns. (Since there's no tail, used a hair style and color to replicate her tail)

8Du7mEW.jpeg

As awesome as this creator is, it's still lacking quite a bit. Fired up DD1 creator to compare.. and yeah, the first one did it better when it comes to posture and stances... These suck and all walk like they have a corn cob up their ass or walk like goddamn goofy. Will try and compile them and post so everyone can see that I'm not taking crazy pills..

Last edited:

Svejk

Ok, I just threw this together on my phone...
Tell me you don't see how ridiculous the crap stances and walking animation is for the female when compared to the first one...
(And note how much better the music was too in DD1)

At least I got this out there and off my shoulders for now.

I'm still more excited about this game than anything else out there, so I know it's still going to rule, but man... Why, Itsuno?! This is almost the same problem I had with Saint's Row... As a matter of fact, they're the same style walks... Wtf..

Well, at least I'll have Stellar Blade to make up for this glaring omission..

#MakeDragonsDogmaSexyAgain

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ok, I just threw this together on my phone...
Tell me you don't see how ridiculous the crap stances and walking animation is for the female when compared to the first one...
(And note how much better the music was too in DD1)

At least I got this out there and off my shoulders for now.

I'm still more excited about this game than anything else out there, so I know it's still going to rule, but man... Why, Itsuno?! This is almost the same problem I had with Saint's Row... As a matter of fact, they're the same style walks... Wtf..

Well, at least I'll have Stellar Blade to make up for this glaring omission..

#MakeDragonsDogmaSexyAgain

Lol she walk like fucking shrek...

Well, i'm just gonna roleplay and pretend that my female pawn walk like a rachel instead of a richard.

GymWolf

It is Makima from Chainsaw Man. She has a dedicated fanbase due to her voluptuous body. She is a master manipulator:

I know makima but that character looks more like a bootleg michelle waterson the karate hottie.

I would have never guessed that she was makima tbh.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Not the best character creator I've seen, but robust enough to be able to create believable characters instead of generic NPC lookalikes.
Here's my Arisen and 2 pawns (can't decide which pawn to use).

gJfckHc.jpg
kpvgYFz.jpg
AGnq7d0.jpg
I vote for the third pawn that you haven't made yet.

Main dude looks good.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ngl, I've thought about creating a 3rd one, but these 2 are tough to choose between as is. A 3rd one would only make it tougher. And thx my guy!

Nope, don't think so.
Second one is cute but she looks like she is cosplaying a targaryen from the dragon serial with those silly platinum wigs :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Second one is cute but she looks like she is cosplaying a targaryen from the dragon serial with those silly platinum wigs :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Ok you ruined it. I hate the Targaryens lol.
But ye the 2nd pawn didn't look as distinct and as real of a character as my Arisen and 1st pawn.
So I decided to mix hair colours and add some markings to try to make her more distinct.

Great, a demo of the worst part of any RPG.

(Not talking about the quality of the character creator itself, I just don't like them. In fact, the more in-depth they are the more I dislike them. Just give me a well designed main character, or at most a few presets to choose from.)

Edit: You guys are making some cool stuff though!
Same here. Who is spending time adjusting neck length? I always just pick a preset, or hit "randomize" until I see something good.

GymWolf

Ok you ruined it. I hate the Targaryens lol.
But ye the 2nd pawn didn't look as distinct and as real of a character as my Arisen and 1st pawn.
So I decided to mix hair colours and add some markings to try to make her more distinct.
If it make you feel better, the first pawn look like bootleg kendal jenner with distant eyes and an important jawline :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
I know makima but that character looks more like a bootleg michelle waterson the karate hottie.

I would have never guessed that she was makima tbh.
Well, we are dependent on the creator's vision. The problem is that not everyone gets it right the first time. I saw a few Gandalfs and only two got very close to the real deal. I bet we could get a better Makima in no time.

Top Bottom