• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Dragon's Dogma 2 Character creator Demo has been announced

Gamesplanet (authorised reseller) has a promo, if you buy DD2 from them, you get a free copy of DDDA (it's also on sale atm by itself for like 3 bucks).

Skifi28

I haven't decided what my pawn will look like yet, but the name is of course going to be MyLittlePawny.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Another Capcom direct is in an hour. Hopefully a proper demo drops.

I Hope Please GIF

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
Another Capcom direct is in an hour. Hopefully a proper demo drops.

I Hope Please GIF
Was right there with you and then I saw the Day 2 schedule. Just another week and a half…

april6e

I can't believe this day is almost here. I remember playing the first game on launch on console and thinking it was one of the greatest hidden gems of the decade. But due to the average reviews and it being relatively cult (at that time), I thought we would never get a sequel. Little did I know word of mouth and the DLC would make the first game blow up years later. It's been a long wait but I'm ready to go.

SaintALia

Ok, I just threw this together on my phone...
Tell me you don't see how ridiculous the crap stances and walking animation is for the female when compared to the first one...
(And note how much better the music was too in DD1)

At least I got this out there and off my shoulders for now.

I'm still more excited about this game than anything else out there, so I know it's still going to rule, but man... Why, Itsuno?! This is almost the same problem I had with Saint's Row... As a matter of fact, they're the same style walks... Wtf..

Well, at least I'll have Stellar Blade to make up for this glaring omission..

#MakeDragonsDogmaSexyAgain

Oh dear, that looks bad. The animation looked a bit off to me in DD2, but I felt it was just my imagination. Once I got hands on with the game, then yeah. But boy.

Even that posture looks wrong, as it doesn't even seem to be straight and bent too far back. Walking animation just looks like a chubby troll compared to sexy sauntering animation your pawn does walking over to you.

Just looked it up, seems the Animation lead on the player in the first DD was Akihiko Nasu, who worked on animation for a bunch of Monster Hunter games(Stories, Generations, 3: Ultimate, Tri, freedom Unite) and some fighting games(SFV, MVC: Infinite, KoF 96), as well as the recent RE2 remake and RE Village, and was also the lead character animator in the first Lost Planet game. I'm guessing he wasn't back for this one maybe.

Well, at least the actual creation aspect is miles ahead.

Last edited:

zkorejo

Looking forward to this game. Is this story heavy like Witcher games or with serviceable story like Skyrim with more focus on rpg elements?

The combat looks fun. Is it dark souls difficult? Or are there any difficulty levels?

PS5 or PC? Are the devs PC first like cdpr or not? I always buy the wrong version and regret later. Is there any mod community for this if I go pc?

Looking forward to this game. Is this story heavy like Witcher games or with serviceable story like Skyrim with more focus on rpg elements?

The combat looks fun. Is it dark souls difficult? Or are there any difficulty levels?

PS5 or PC? Are the devs PC first like cdpr or not? I always buy the wrong version and regret later. Is there any mod community for this if I go pc?
You are asking questions we cannot answer accurately.

Based on the first game, I'd say it is more like Oblivion. It is difficult, especially in regard to presenting quests at a level at which they are impossible. If by PC first, you mean the game seems obviously designed for PC then ported to consoles (e.g. Witcher 3), I'd say no.

GymWolf

If it is like the first one, no, the story and writing are nowhere near w3 quality or quantity (like light years apart), this is not a game you play for the plot, although this one looks like it has more cutscenes and important npcs and a more focused story, but i don't expect great writing from the creator of dogma1 tbh.

If it is like the first one, combat is hard at the beginning but it gets easy after a while with some spikes here and there, the first game wasn't exactly well balanced.

If you have a decent pc, go with it, at least you can lower settings to get 60 fps, on console you have dogshit uncapped 30 and that's it.

Last edited:

Yerd

I started creating something, then got overwhelmed and bored. Closed before saving my first creation, so I have to dive in again. After seeing that Timothy Chalamet creation I thought of maybe trying my own celebrity lookalike. Maybe I will give that a try.

My DDDA pawn, I made what I would consider, a beauty. I couldn't find a similar face structure in any of the options in the demo. If I can take the boredom of fucking with all these sliders I'll try a second celebrity for a pawn.

GermanZepp

I started creating something, then got overwhelmed and bored. Closed before saving my first creation, so I have to dive in again. After seeing that Timothy Chalamet creation I thought of maybe trying my own celebrity lookalike. Maybe I will give that a try.

My DDDA pawn, I made what I would consider, a beauty. I couldn't find a similar face structure in any of the options in the demo. If I can take the boredom of fucking with all these sliders I'll try a second celebrity for a pawn.
I clocked 9 hours in the editor, made 4 characters. i get the big picture fairly fast but the little deails need lots of tweaking. One thing i noticed is that you got get back to the slidesr that you previously adjusted, cause one thing affects another. And of course some faces are more complex to make than others.

Last edited:

Yerd

After spending a bit more time I realize that Timothy Chalmet creation wasn't that big a feat. There's a template that already is dead accurate.

What I have found is the lips are a problem. There's no lip change function. You have to start with the closest head that has lips similar to what you want, then mess with options after. Even picking a head, just changing skin compexion changed the lips. I could not figure out how to get the lips or mouth shape I wanted for the 2 faces I was attemting.

For example you can't change lips from a style like Michelle Pfeiffer's to Margot Robbie. You have to pick a starter lip shape that is as close as you can.

I saved an arisen and a pawn. Not sure if I will do more.

naguanatak

I'm somewhat glad you're limited to one savegame. Usually I start over a couple of times until I'm happy with my choice. Now I 'just' have to decide beforehand with which character to start if I don't want to sour the early game for me.

dRzMCil.jpg

Top Bottom