• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Dragon's Dogma 2 Character creator Demo has been announced

GymWolf

This is my asian Waifu Chika :pie_sfwth:

f2UNlzu.jpg
0PB2t8X.jpg

You can do better.

DavidGzz

God I wish Elder Scrolls would do this. I hate spending an hour straight making my character sobering up the entire time.

Yep, getting right into the game without spending an hour making characters on launch night will be awesome.

So, if you leave the menu alone it autoplays the trailer we've all seen but without the Youtube compression. This game is gorgeous. Also, the character creator beats Demon's Souls on PS5 imo. Characters appear more realistic at least.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Suggestions?
I'm shit with character creations but maybe town down a tiny bit how puffy the cheeks are?? Also there is something with the eyes, maybe the distance between them?

It was mostly a joke, do what you want dude :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Ah, so you can use your demo character in the game when it releases? That make a bit of sense. Tbh, it was a real headscratcher at first..

Last edited:

digdug2

So, if you leave the menu alone it autoplays the trailer we've all seen but without the Youtube compression. This game is gorgeous. Also, the character creator beats Demon's Souls on PS5 imo. Characters appear more realistic at least.
The trailer looked phenomenal without the compression and with HDR enabled. I don't understand how people are comparing it graphically to a PS3-era or early PS4 game.

fatmarco

Not sure if I'm the only one but i think the graphics on the characters are fucking outstanding. Very good indeed!
The characters you can make look often better than the locked main characters in other AAA titles.

What's amazing is the diversity of some of the faces you can make as well, and yet have them still all largely look like real people.

It's not a case of being constrained to a very specific "art style" of face like you see in basically every other character creator.

Svejk

Damn it... They messed up the posture slider compared to the first. Can't say I'm happy with it. The full feminine stance is gone.. replaced with some weird clown walk. Wtf

And the music is boring AF too.. also wtf

Last edited:

SSfox

Create your character today and save time when the game releases
Okay I see that's a little more interesting in that case.

Still won't bother tho I rather use the momentum, create your character then jump to adventure. Rather than create your character, close app and go back to that other game you were playing, then play the game weeks later when it's release.

Draugoth

Gold Member
But...complaining!

There are some pretty great creations already. Can't wait to see what kind of fashion we can do with the armor in the game.

Been mixing and matching ones with sliders for my own because I am awful with creation tools.

Sadly the armor system in the game has been simplified, so fashion will be very limited

Last edited:

Svejk

Why is the posture slider so borked and make everyone walk like they got a corn cob up there ass? UGH.. Why?!? You done fucked it up and made a goddam unisex animation for everyone.. just like Saint's Row. I don't give a shit how "diverse" you can make a shape/face... if you still walk like a retard, it kills any beauty you mold.
FUCK, Itsuno! Fix this! 🥺

Last edited:

CLW

They're hiding the performance from us.

Feels that way everyone is dogging on ps5 performance but we have no clue how good/bad pc optimization is going to be - I’m waiting for performance reviews before deciding which version to go with

Svejk

Fantasy versions of my wife and I.. :)

onpWhoK.jpeg

vaorM0t.jpeg

The face and body details are great, but still extremely disappointed with the posture slider/animation. The first did it so much better. The feminine stance in the first one made such a sexy elven goddess stance .. this one is just such a canned animation stance... Like you're constantly ready to take a shit.

I guess I'll get over it, but this along with the lack of layered armor are major blows to me... Especially waiting for over a decade for this. The combat better bring it like no one else's business to remotely make up for these shortcomings.

Last edited:
The trailer looked phenomenal without the compression and with HDR enabled. I don't understand how people are comparing it graphically to a PS3-era or early PS4 game.

Is it really going to be 1080p at 30 fps unlocked? If so I don't care if this is a ps7 game I'm not fucking buying it.

digdug2

Is it really going to be 1080p at 30 fps unlocked? If so I don't care if this is a ps7 game I'm not fucking buying it.
We'll find out in about 2 weeks. There's been so much FUD about this game that no one actually knows how it's going to run on any platform be it PS5 or PC. "It's 30 FPS", "no, it's targeting 60 FPS unlocked", "oh, actually it's targeting 30 FPS unlocked."

Warablo

While its neat having a in-depth creator. I get overwhelmed by it all. Really enjoy simpler options like Baldurs Gate.

Buggy Loop

So this character creator demo kinds of removes any chances of a gameplay demo no? I don’t see the purpose of the character creator if there’s a demo in a few days..

Meicyn

Gold Member
While its neat having a in-depth creator. I get overwhelmed by it all. Really enjoy simpler options like Baldurs Gate.
No worries, the game provides you presets and a three stage system to provide variations so you don’t have to play with sliders.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I need to spend more time with this, at the moment everyone looks like they've been hit with a frying pan.

KàIRóS

This has to be the most complete Character Creator we've ever seen for a videogame, I just did a quick a browse and it's super in depth, you even have options for teeth!? I doubt there's any other character creator with that, I'll jump fully into it a few hours prior to release but damn I can totally see why they decided to release this before launch.

SSfox

Okay the character creation is kinda insane, I didn't watch the stream the other but wow it's kinda slap

Top Bottom