• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

I generally agree, but there's no need for low level gear that has lower stats. For example the starting gear when you change a vocation. There is nothing special about that stuff.
Yeah I guess stuff you can and will get many copies of can go, but otherwise just keep it, there's plenty of other good money sources.

Meicyn

Gold Member
On the final Brandt mission, the masquerade, and each article of clothing cost $155,000?!

I’m just here to hunt monsters… 😞

He gave me a stupid mask, which I wore with the marchers armor. Got attacked and thrown in jail.
Of course you were arrested, you wore guard armor with a masquerade mask, you stood out like a sore thumb because you neither looked like a guard, nor a noble.

There are three sets of courtly attire in the noble quarter in chests, and even the masquerade hall itself contains a set.

Yerd

On the final Brandt mission, the masquerade, and each article of clothing cost $155,000?!

He gave me a stupid mask, which I wore with the marchers armor. Got attacked and thrown in jail.

Plunder that castle treasure chests, every room there are multiple locations.

Treasure chests in this game aren't considered stealing. Except in the castle vault. You can loot any chest in front of anyone's face. They don't care. Any item you see in the world. Take it.

Edit: And Myrddins quest to find the books. Don't steal his book in front of him, lol.

Last edited:

There's like 6 different free sources for that outfit, just play the game.

Sorry if this has been discussed - I have been out of the state with business travel. Is this game running decent on PS5 now?

excited to put some time into it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fuck me, i was levelling the ultra boring fighter ckass to get the carry weight augment at level 6 but it's just 10kg, fuck the hell off, back to warrior :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
10 KG is massive especially if you are manning warrior. Warrior late game gear is going to be 10 KG for swords and armor. helmets and leg gear are 3KG each.

You can halve the weight of these items with dragon shards but they force you to fully upgrade them first.

at the very least, get the seaker tokens to get the ring for 15 seeker stones to get extra strenght, defense and weight increase. the thief first skill lets you do find seeker stones easily and you can earn it by killing like 15 enemies.

DavidGzz

Plunder that castle treasure chests, every room there are multiple locations.

Treasure chests in this game aren't considered stealing. Except in the castle vault. You can loot any chest in front of anyone's face. They don't care. Any item you see in the world. Take it.

It may look a lot more realistic, but the same old school Zelda/Alundra rules apply here lol.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The weight augment is almost mandatory, specially considering the dwarven forge style makes everything weight more.

GymWolf

Well, i leveled up the fighter to level 5 and the weight aug is at level 6 so i guess i can resist for another level.

I need info for 2 things because i don't wanna fuck up:

I have the incoronation mission next, do i lose anything big by going forward? i already clapped both wilhelmina and the archer chick, but i heard that i can lose the
elf village if i don't go there before the incoronation, is it true?

Also, a soldier gave me a sword to repair that can help my case in the next missions (i guess?), is it really that important or i can do it later when the plot is probably gonna send me into furry land?

Last edited:
There are several sources in and around the castle where you can get that outfit for free. Try Sven's room.
I was sick of how many of these I had by the end of the game.
The weight augment is almost mandatory, specially considering the dwarven forge style makes everything weight more.
Dragonforging cuts the weight in half.

The weight augment is completely unnecessary IMO, but if it helps you out then by all means.

ssringo

The weight augment is great in early/mid game but once you find a good bit of beetles it becomes less useful depending on vocation and once you start maxing gear it's completely unnecessary.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I use dynamism over thew. It gives you the effect of being one tier lower than you actually are from your current carry weight tier (i.e. if you are at heavy, dynamism will make you move as if you were average instead). Since the weight tiers are evenly distributed based on your max encumbrance, dynamism is much more effective late game if you've collected lots of golden trove beetles, whereas thew is better in early game when you are fresh.

I dunno how some of y'all got through the game so "quickly".
I'm at 80 hours and I still have a whole bunch of things to do, the main story quest I have now is the thing that happens after meeting the old guy with the stories in harve.
Aside from that I still have one more marked sidequest, and a whole bunch of unmarked ones, I even got a random one sleeping at my house but waking at night.

Yerd

Well, i leveled up the fighter to level 5 and the weight aug is at level 6 so i guess i can resist for another level.

I have the incoronation mission next, do i lose anything big by going forward? i already clapped both wilhelmina and the archer chick, but i heard that i can lose the

Also, a soldier gave me a sword to repair that can help my case in the next missions (i guess?), is it really that important or i can do it later when the plot is probably gonna send me into furry land?
It's misleading. It's not cutting anything off that I know of. I don't know about the elf thing as I did mine before I hit the coronation quest. I can't think of any reason it would cut any of that out.

I dunno how some of y'all got through the game so "quickly".
I'm at 80 hours and I still have a whole bunch of things to do, the main story quest I have now is the thing that happens after meeting the old guy with the stories in harve.
Aside from that I still have one more marked sidequest, and a whole bunch of unmarked ones, I even got a random one sleeping at my house but waking at night.
I did every side quest I could find. I'm in NG+ now, but not finding much desire to play it, because I find the difficulty trivial. Yes, I'm aware of mods, but I want to keep my game clean and hope they add something for that later. I might just start with a fresh character. I think I'm nearly level 80, the other thing that happens is your pawn becomes unhireable at higher levels.

The biggest thing I need to find is the Mage maister and the meteoron spell for NG+ as I did not encounter that in my first play. The person I assumed is the mage master Eini did not start any quests once I found her in my first play. I know there's a reason for this person to have a house marked on the map, but I never got any quests for it. So, not sure what I missed.

The biggest thing I need to find is the Mage maister and the meteoron spell for NG+ as I did not encounter that in my first play. The person I assumed is the mage master Eini did not start any quests once I found her in my first play. I know there's a reason for this person to have a house marked on the map, but I never got any quests for it. So, not sure what I missed.
someone else starts the maister quest, did you get celestial paean?

Yerd

I use dynamism over thew. It gives you the effect of being one tier lower than you actually are from your current carry weight tier (i.e. if you are at heavy, dynamism will make you move as if you were average instead). Since the weight tiers are evenly distributed based on your max encumbrance, dynamism is much more effective late game if you've collected lots of golden trove beetles, whereas thew is better in early game when you are fresh.
Yeah, but you can't also run around with 99 rotten apples with dynamism.

Yerd

someone else starts the maister quest, did you get celestial paean?
nope, like I said, never found anyone claiming to be a mage master or even looked like one.

I have looked it up, and it's someone named Trish I think, who dat? I dunno. I will find this elusive C.

nope, like I said, never found anyone claiming to be a mage master or even looked like one.

I have looked it up, and it's someone named Trish I think, who dat? I dunno. I will find this elusive C.
Celestial paean and Meteoron are mutually exclusive, unless you make forgeries and give the forgeries to the right person, but the people who give these quests are related, though they don't live anywhere near each other.
Celestial paean is also the best spell in the game easily, so you should go and get it lol.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

The only thing it should affect is if you have any time sensitive missions active, the ones with the hourglass next to them in the mission log. You'll lose any of those if you have them active. Other than that you should be fine, they kinda overhype that warning lol. All that happens is you quickly get another quest taking you the desert area... but you can come back to Vermund at will. I did the sword mission and pretty sure the elf city both afterwards.

Yerd

Celestial paean and Meteoron are mutually exclusive, unless you make forgeries and give the forgeries to the right person, but the people who give these quests are related, though they don't live anywhere near each other.
Celestial paean is also the best spell in the game easily, so you should go and get it lol.
Yeah I know, I have hired pawns with it.

I'm not sure I want to search this person out or just google it. I'm gonna boot up the game, because I have wanted to change the appearance of both pawn and arisen, I might just give that fresh start a try. I think I could have a much more efficient fresh play and not waste money on things I don't need.

I want to post a picture of my current arisen and see if you guys can guess who I was trying to make it look like. I don't think it's a great likeness, but it's the best I had the patience to achieve.

I want to try to make a Henry Cavill or Christopher Reeve next. Problem is actually getting results is hard with their creator.

I'm not sure I want to search this person out or just google it. I'm gonna boot up the game, because I have wanted to change the appearance of both pawn and arisen, I might just give that fresh start a try. I think I could have a much more efficient fresh play and not waste money on things I don't need.
You want me to give you a hint without outright saying who?

I want to post a picture of my current arisen and see if you guys can guess who I was trying to make it look like. I don't think it's a great likeness, but it's the best I had the patience to achieve.

I want to try to make a Henry Cavill or Christopher Reeve next. Problem is actually getting results is hard with their creator.
Think the problem of figuring it out here is that there’s 2 sorcerer’s ultimates and 1 mage ultimate. All 3 come from 3 different people but two of them are in the same place…nudge nudge wink wink.

Last edited:

Yerd

If I'm still stumped later on. I'm going to visit this person while I'm still early in ng, see if I can get a quest finally. I already looked at my npc list for trish and it is exactly what I thinking. Just a different person.

A problem for me was my original game I think I got to the later half of the game before I ever went into the waterfall cave. All the loot therein was useless at that point. I had already completed Myrddins quest, I did make a copy of the book, but no one ever wanted it. Same for that area of the map with Eini's house. Never explored until that time.

Yerd

OvcAei.jpeg

Guess the man.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Weight augment doesn't mean anything once you eat enough gold bugs. Upgrade your gear for knockdown resistance and power and dragonforge your gear to cut the weight in half. And for weapons you always upgrade for KD Power unless it's a magic weapon in which case you always go for Elven Smithing.

Battahl smithing just amounts to just 9 Strength.

When upgrading something like say the Medusan Spellbow you can either have 9 extra Strength or 189 extra KD power. Choice is pretty obvious.

In additional once you max out Warfarer you can take the capstone Augment and be treated as one weight class lower on top of only taking the highest weight weapon you equip and the rest will weigh nothing.

For endgame I still feel like the Orphic Sorc set with the ugly Ja'Nuwa head gives the best stat spread in defenses and resistances. Pretty crazy.

I agree about the voice acting. I have brought up their delivery before. But he puts it more succinctly and more specific.
“look master~ a treasure chest! 😏, we shall have to find a way to reach it 🎶"

That's prolly my favourite straightforward female pawn line. Just the way she says it has so much personality.

Yerd

“look master~ a treasure chest! 😏, we shall have to find a way to reach it 🎶"

That's prolly my favourite straightforward female pawn line. Just the way she says it has so much personality.
I'm more referring to when they point out ladders. But, you know that.

Bry0

Am I the only one that
doesn’t really find the unmoored world actually fun to play in?? I thought the everfall was a lot more enjoyable….

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Am I the only one that
doesn’t really find the unmoored world actually fun to play in?? I thought the everfall was a lot more enjoyable….
Can't say I cared too much for RNG loot and RNG doors in Everfall. Much prefer the postgame in DD2 but I imagine everyone prefers BBI over both. A large megadungeon I feel is what DD2 needs more then anything.

The over-reliance on tunnels and caves in this game is something else.

I'm hoping the inevitable DLC delivers another BBI for us and will want you to grind out Rift Crystals for stuff.

There are several sources in and around the castle where you can get that outfit for free. Try Sven's room.

The backroom where the masquerade also has a set. I probably had 4 sets of that armor. You can find it in noble houses, the castle, etc

Last edited:

Bry0

Can't say I cared too much for RNG loot and RNG doors in Everfall. Much prefer the postgame in DD2 but I imagine everyone prefers BBI over both. A large megadungeon I feel is what DD2 needs more then anything.

The over-reliance on tunnels and caves in this game is something else.

I'm hoping the inevitable DLC delivers another BBI for us and will want you to grind out Rift Crystals for stuff.
Yeah BBI was definitely the best.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Anyone knows what this icon means?

image.png

I went to the indicated location but all I saw was Sigurd and he has nothing more to say. I already got the mastery skill for Mystic Spearhand so I don't know what to do. There is also 2 other icons like this, one is at the oracle and the other at Volcano Island close to the house where you get Magick Archer (already done too). Anyone knows what this is?

DavidGzz

Anyone knows what this icon means?

image.png

I went to the indicated location but all I saw was Sigurd and he has nothing more to say. I already got the mastery skill for Mystic Spearhand so I don't know what to do. There is also 2 other icons like this, one is at the oracle and the other at Volcano Island close to the house where you get Magick Archer (already done too). Anyone knows what this is?

I'm thinking that marks the location of the maisters but I am not sure.

Top Bottom