• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yerd Yerd Not sure if this has been discussed, but regarding Game of Wits with the Sphinx, Riddle of Rumination....

How the hell do you know where you picked up your first Seeker's Token. I found a most to show me where it is, but that doesn't work for me.
Here's the thing with this BS puzzle in particular. Unless you've explored the word well the minute you got out of the prologue and found the first Seeker's Token in the first few areas before the first major city, good luck wasting a lot of time checking everyone of them on the interactive map and not even Trickster perk will help you, cuz you still need to check a lot of placed so it's not better in this regard as daggers which help you find treasures.

From what I've experienced, you'll most likely find what you've missed instead of Finder's Token. I got lucky cuz I found the first one almost at the start after the prologue, but even still it took me 2 days to check every one of them in that area before I finally found Finder's Token.

This game has quite a few issues, and is far from perfect. I feel the exact opposite with DD2 than FF16. I feel like DD2’s high far outweighs its lows, while FF16’s highs aren’t enough to overlooks its lows.
DUUUUUDE! I'm with ya on this. FFXVI has insanely better story presentation and just what's going on in the story missions, how everything presented - dialogues, cutscenes, set pieces and such, but everything else is a pale shadow of what DD"2" did much better and on top of that theres dozens of mechanics, various classes, completely different playstyles with lots of moves etc. etc. etc. Ah, if only DD"2" was as good in terms of story, but oh well.

Probably everyone will complain yet again about how much I wrote, but when I finish the game I'll write my thoughts cuz there's a lot to say about DD"2" cuz as you've said, it's not perfect. But it's not gonna happen anytime soon cuz I take my time playing the game and have no intent to rush it.

Ask someone to send you a forgery, the Sphinx will accept it
dammit-damn.gif

I should've done it and gift it to someone's pawn.

Last edited:
Ask someone to send you a forgery, the Sphinx will accept it
Can you make a forgery of a forgery? Might be a good strategy to make a bunch of those for pawn quest rewards.

Speaking of, I wish there was a way to de-level your pawn. The amount of people who can hire a 70+ pawn is miniscule compared to if the pawn was level 20 or 30.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Can you make a forgery of a forgery? Might be a good strategy to make a bunch of those for pawn quest rewards.

Speaking of, I wish there was a way to de-level your pawn. The amount of people who can hire a 70+ pawn is miniscule compared to if the pawn was level 20 or 30.

Honestly i have no idea. I think you can only make forgeries using the real thing.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Finding the seeker token was easy for me cause I only had found 2 by the time I did the sphinx riddle :(

GymWolf

Difficulty is fine in vanilla until you get overlevelled around 45-50. And then its quite nice as its the ideal time to set yourself up to explore and hunt down seeker's tokens.

Setting the difficulty too high would make the game fucking painful at the start, and basically restrict you to a handful of vocations just in order to get around the world.

DD2 is NOT intended to play like Elden Ring or such. Taking the same sort of approach will just result in you having a bad time most likely.
Nah, the game is easy since the beginning, i'm level 26 now and it has been one of the easiest open world around, i don't even wanna know how brainless the game get if what i'm experiencing now is "fine" for you.

DavidGzz

I think I might have you asked this already, but what settings are you running? I just started a NG yesterday with those:
  • Damage taken x2
  • Damage dealt x0.33
  • Stagger dealt x0.33
  • Exp gain x0.5
Think I might have gone to far, at least for the start of the game. Getting my ass handed by goblins was something I wasn't expecting lol.

It depends, at first I was using the default normal setting(which is a notch above vanilla), then switched to hard. Now I have the enemy doing 5x damage to me while only doing .25 DMG to them. I have damage at .75 vs. Bosses though because some are already sponges.

The problem with getting all the tokens is that I over leveled too fast so I had to incrementally raise the difficulty. I should have reduced XP like you did. I'm guessing that in Battahl, I'll have to readjust again. I'm glad it's so easy to do.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Nah, the game is easy since the beginning, i'm level 26 now and it has been one of the easiest open world around, i don't even wanna know how brainless the game get if what i'm experiencing now is "fine" for you.
Yeah. If you keep your pawns updated to around your current level the game is easy from the get-go. I remember the first game being harder.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Using forgery’s for equipment upgrades has been a blessing.

I think I’m level 45. My party and I killed 2 drakes in a day. One tried to ambush us in the dark. My thief is destroying them.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Btw yesterday i did all the campaign stealth missions back to back to see what the fuss was all about, not sure what they tried to achieve with these, i guess that being undercooked, short and super easy was the objective to not get into the way of other more interesting quests but why even bother putting them in? Wilhelmina introduction was the best thing out of those, i think that i'm gonna romance her or the archer chick i helped becoming the mayor of melve (or harve, can't remember).

Not sure how people had any problem with these other than ignoring when quest givers tell you to dress appropriately, you even find the appropriate clothes 2 times for both costumes.

Last edited:
I'm making NG+ harder by intentionally gimping myself (running around naked, using weaker weapons, hiring only my main pawn, etc.).

I'd try out the difficulty mod but I've read about lingering effects of some mods even after uninstalling so I'm just gonna stay vanilla for now. Well, except for visual/texture mods... ;)

GymWolf

I'm making NG+ harder by intentionally gimping myself (running around naked, using weaker weapons, hiring only my main pawn, etc.).

I'd try out the difficulty mod but I've read about lingering effects of some mods even after uninstalling so I'm just gonna stay vanilla for now. Well, except for visual/texture mods... ;)
Yesterday one of my pawns told me that his master prefer to not use any armour, was that you?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Difficulty is fine in vanilla until you get overlevelled around 45-50. And then its quite nice as its the ideal time to set yourself up to explore and hunt down seeker's tokens.

Setting the difficulty too high would make the game fucking painful at the start, and basically restrict you to a handful of vocations just in order to get around the world.

DD2 is NOT intended to play like Elden Ring or such. Taking the same sort of approach will just result in you having a bad time most likely.
Well, it's not about making it as hard as Elden Ring, but at least make the game have some semblance of challenge. Drake fights are cool but aside from those every enemy in the game was a pushover for me.

Imo, part of why the game feels so easy is that it's very easy to knock down the big monsters, turning them into a punching bag that stays in the ground for way too much time just taking hits. Being able to adjust that thanks to a mod is great.
I still need to balance the other values like damage taken and damage dealt to small monsters but, what I played yesterday with the mod enabled and those settings I posted already felt much better than the vanilla game.

It depends, at first I was using the default normal setting(which is a notch above vanilla), then switched to hard. Now I have the enemy doing 5x damage to me while only doing .25 DMG to them. I have damage at .75 vs. Bosses though because some are already sponges.

The problem with getting all the tokens is that I over leveled too fast so I had to incrementally raise the difficulty. I should have reduced XP like you did. I'm guessing that in Battahl, I'll have to readjust again. I'm glad it's so easy to do.
Yeah the game gives you way too much XP. In my first playthrough I already felt overleveled way before even going to Battahl. By the time I reached that area those Knackers stood no chance against me.

I think I'll switch to Hard preset, but keep stagger at 0.33 and the XP at 0.5. Man, a mod like this makes me wish we could have this for every game.

lingering effects
I doubt this mod has any. You can enable and disable it on the fly even while the game is running so I doubt it lefts anything unwanted there.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Сan we all agree that Dragoon class is basically medieval Jedi?🫵:messenger_open_mouth:
It's so effin' awesome to play and it's for sure second best melee class after Warrior which can also shoot lighting, fire magic blasts from the spear, dash long distances in the air (which can help you get some hard to get Seeker's Tokens), use telekinesis to throw enemies around and even small ones into spa-a-a-a-a-ce!🚀
pPaJWed.jpeg

nH5YGWO.jpeg

JO41VBu.jpeg

GEfV5Uv.jpeg

Not sure if this has been discussed, but regarding Game of Wits with the Sphinx, Riddle of Rumination....

How the hell do you know where you picked up your first Seeker's Token. I found a most to show me where it is, but that doesn't work for me.
For me it was just remembering the type of area I found it in, then visiting those in the starting areas, took a few hours but I found it.
I think with most you mean mod?
I tested a mod to find it and it marked it for me, I uploaded the archive here https://files.catbox.moe/hubat2.rar
Just extract it in your DD2 folder and run the game and it should load up a GUI on the side, and the scripts loader menu should mention the mod is loaded; I'd recommend not saving anything and just take a screenshot of where it is, then deactivate the mod by deleting/moving the dll and restarting the game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Сan we all agree that Dragoon class is basically medieval Jedi?🫵:messenger_open_mouth:
It's so effin' awesome to play and it's for sure second best melee class after Warrior which can also shoot lighting, fire magic blasts from the spear, dash long distances in the air (which can help you get some hard to get Seeker's Tokens), use telekinesis to throw enemies around and even small ones into spa-a-a-a-a-ce!🚀
Pretty much. I like the stun into strong attack finishers or just stun into Force Push which has directional input so you could feasibly stun enemies and just throw them off a cliff or into the Brine. It's very much a Jedi class with I feel lots of inspiration from Darth Maul.

Topher

Gold Member
For me it was just remembering the type of area I found it in, then visiting those in the starting areas, took a few hours but I found it.
I think with most you mean mod?
I tested a mod to find it and it marked it for me, I uploaded the archive here https://files.catbox.moe/hubat2.rar
Just extract it in your DD2 folder and run the game and it should load up a GUI on the side, and the scripts loader menu should mention the mod is loaded; I'd recommend not saving anything and just take a screenshot of where it is, then deactivate the mod by deleting/moving the dll and restarting the game.

Yeah, the mod marked it for me, but the finders token wasn't there. I do actually remember getting the token that was there so I'm guessing it probably was the first. Thing my game is just glitched. I'm not worrying about it. Moving on.

ssringo

Yeah, the mod marked it for me, but the finders token wasn't there. I do actually remember getting the token that was there so I'm guessing it probably was the first. Thing my game is just glitched. I'm not worrying about it. Moving on.
Mod could also just be goofing up. On NG+ I installed a token/beetle tracker to sniff out the last few I didn't find and I have several noted on my map as having not been picked up even though there's nothing there or anywhere else nearby.

Man, I didn't think I'd like this game this much. Made a video breaking down why its world design required true skill and craftsmanship. Yeah, there's some surface level flaws like low enemy variety. But really, it triumphs where it counts and industry desperately needs more open world games like this. And the backlash couldn't have been more out of proportion, lol. I have no problem that Capcom gets called out for their nickel and diming, but DD2 was not the right game for this lol.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
pPaJWed.jpeg

nH5YGWO.jpeg

JO41VBu.jpeg

GEfV5Uv.jpeg
I can pick which I like more, thief or spearhand.

DavidGzz

I'm having the weirdest glitch that I am guessing one of my mods is causing. When I hire a new pawn, the sharpness of the game goes to like 1000 percent lol. It gets super jaggy. I have to quit and restart the game for it to go away.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm having the weirdest glitch that I am guessing one of my mods is causing. When I hire a new pawn, the sharpness of the game goes to like 1000 percent lol. It gets super jaggy. I have to quit and restart the game for it to go away.
It's not you nor your mods, the game's just fucked up like that since the latest patch. You might have just started noticing now.

Quitting and restarting fixes it, but some claim that enabling and disabling DLSS or resting at an inn also fixes it.

Last edited:

Yerd

Yerd Yerd TintoConCasera TintoConCasera

Not sure if this has been discussed, but regarding Game of Wits with the Sphinx, Riddle of Rumination....

Find him in the morgue and revive him
I just happened to remember finding it at the "gathering of beasts." It was the first time I noticed the minimap exclamation points. I know there were two in the area and checked both spots. I didn't know they were a thing to be looking for, when I first found them. I was just clearing the exclamation points.

I have a bad memory for most things, but lucked out in this one instance. It was not an issue for me.

TheShocker

New update out. Minimal patch notes but ‘Miscellaneous bug fixes’ was one. Anyone on Xbox able to check if the IQ issues were resolved?

Yerd

Augment actual numbers. I took the images from some reddit post and made it text. A lot of these are criminally useless. This is going to change my augment usage.

Mettle = Defense 30% + 45
Thew = increase carry weight by 10
Provocation = targeted +100%
Dominion = pin/lift foes +2 seconds
Diligence = downed recovery increase 0.3 seconds, crawling 1 second

Ambuscade = 10% increase to non battle stance enemy
Radiance = 33% less oil, double area of lantern
Endurance = 150 stamina
Lethality = %5 damage to vitals
Avidity = climb 10% faster

Apotropaism = Magick Defense 30% + 45
Intervention = reduce debilitations 30%
Beatitude = health recovery 10%
Perpetuation = enchants 20%
Exaltation = Stamina recovery 10 per second

Subtlety = 15% less target by foes
Poise = 20% less stamina consumed in foe grip
Gratification = 4% health on killing blow
Vigor = 15% less stamina clinging/pinning
Verve = 30 strength

Vitality = 200 Health
Pertinacity = 30% break guard
Impact = 50% push/pull
Dominance = 15% knockdown
Intrepidity = 5% less loss gauge

Asperity = 20% debilitations
Constancy = 30% knockdown resist
Stasis = 25% less item deteriorate
Catalysis = 5% hostile elemental weakness
Sagacity = 30 Magick

Conveyance = 10% speed carrying/lifting
Polarity = 5% strength/Magick night/day
Opulence = 5% coin
Refulgence = 5% rift crystals
Athleticism = 10% less stamina in dash

Sustainment = 30 Def/Magick Def of pawns in party
Prolificity = 20% drops from small targets
Voracity = 10% stamina on killing blow
Ascendancy = 30 Strength/Magick of pawns in party
Amelioration = 1 sec less pawn revive

Detection = seeker token noise
Fugacity = 65% less target while camping
Enlightenment = 15% chance to create another item
Obfuscation = 15% less detect while out of battle stance
Allure = 10% affinity

Zeal = 5% less stamina from weapon skill
Dynamism = reduce 1 bar weight on movement

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah most of these Augments suck. The ones that increase DPS just pale in comparison to fully upgraded gear. DD1 had more interesting augments.

GymWolf

Fuck me, i was levelling the ultra boring fighter ckass to get the carry weight augment at level 6 but it's just 10kg, fuck the hell off, back to warrior :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

SteadyEvo

Does this game open up after doing Brandts missions? The directions and missions are all very vague. Definitely no hand holding. Fought some interesting monsters and would like to do more of that.

TintoConCasera

Does this game open up after doing Brandts missions?
Yeah definetly, after that you'll go on a lengthy adventure, and it'll be a good time to stop focusing on the main quest and exploring on your own, if you want.

The directions and missions are all very vague. Definitely no hand holding.
That's by design.

Fought some interesting monsters and would like to do more of that.
You'll definetly be doing a lot of that once you finish Brant's missions and get out of Vernworth.

Mossybrew

Fuck me, i was levelling the ultra boring fighter ckass to get the carry weight augment at level 6 but it's just 10kg, fuck the hell off, back to warrior :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Yeah I feel like carry weight augment/rings are useful early game, but after leveling up a while, finding beetles, getting in the habit of giving random shit to your pawns they become kinda worthless.

Does this game open up after doing Brandts missions? The directions and missions are all very vague. Definitely no hand holding. Fought some interesting monsters and would like to do more of that.
The game is technically "opened up" from the start, you're free to take most paths into most areas of the map, however you'd probably get stomped by some encounters.

SteadyEvo

Yeah definetly, after that you'll go on a lengthy adventure, and it'll be a good time to stop focusing on the main quest and exploring on your own, if you want.

That's by design.

You'll definetly be doing a lot of that once you finish Brant's missions and get out of Vernworth.
The magistrate quest is frustrating. Am I supposed to be able to sneak around? Go in and talk to dude, guards don’t seem to care. Go back to deliver good news and the guards are kicking my ass. WTF?!

Then I have to sneak in the castle to steal information and I’m completely lost.

Mildy irritating cause I feel underneath these shit quests are some really good one and fun combat.

Then the great sword is nowhere to be found in the mines. Glitch? I found the staff. Anyone know where I can get another?

Yerd

I changed my pawn back to mage for a bit. A hired pawn asked if current vocation was always the same. Which normally would prompt my pawn to say nope I was a Mage and I must have been bad at it. But, now that she is mage again, she just doesn't answer.

Question is asked and then dead air.

DavidGzz

The magistrate quest is frustrating. Am I supposed to be able to sneak around? Go in and talk to dude, guards don’t seem to care. Go back to deliver good news and the guards are kicking my ass. WTF?!

Then I have to sneak in the castle to steal information and I’m completely lost.

Mildy irritating cause I feel underneath these shit quests are some really good one and fun combat.

Then the great sword is nowhere to be found in the mines. Glitch? I found the staff. Anyone know where I can get another?

Put on the Marcher's armor to disguise yourself as a guard when on the castle grounds, jail, or castle.

They should both be in the same area, but they are in different chests.
Did you sell it?
If so you'll have to go and buy one in one of the towns/settlements, or ask someone here to gift you one.

Top Bottom