• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Did you finish the Sphinx riddles? If not...

You should buy another Arrow from the Dragonforged. Then...
Finish all the riddles then attack the Sphinx before she flies off. Then shoot her with it. Unless you're a bad enough dude to take her out straight up. But if she bails, you don't get another chance.

Yes, I have two. One from the riddles and one from the dragonforge.

Keeping the second one in the pocket for now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Finished it. Absolutely bizarre ending. I had to google it because the game doesnt really tell you what to do. had to fight the final boss twice. So stupid.

Honestly, the game kinda just ends. I dont think the game had a single story mission where something happens. In vermund, you are either stealthing around the castle or going on fetch quests. in Bakthal you do some fetch quests and the game just sends u off on a final mission without much fanfare.

I am kinda pleased that it doesnt drag on because i wasnt exactly loving the game, but its really odd how they decided to design these missions. on one hand, its good that the open world is used in the story missions even if it is basically going from one point to another. on the other hand, not having any dedicated story areas and encounters feels super cheap. they basically created an open world and then forgot to create an actual campaign. i think there are like 2 cutscenes in the game. the opening one and then the finale.

I did enjoy the combat. Switched to warrior and had a blast killing the bosses. the abilities you get to attack up is pretty much crucial in killing dragons as a melee player. fighter had no such skill and it made fighting dragons a pain. those skills also take out other mini bosses in like 3-5 hits since they always target the head. its hilarious watching their entire healthbar go down in one hit. but having no range attacks means that if they fly away, you are fucked. the final boss i killed in seconds the first time and then took forever the second time because he kept flying away. and when he did land and expose his heart, i was under him and couldnt get out. very frustrating and kind of a perfect send off for this game. great potential for fun but just doesnt come together.

SantaC

Sphinx wisdom riddle.

I have no idea about this riddle i dont want to look up the answer but i need a clue.

1. Should i bring a npc?

2. What town is it in?

DavidGzz

I was watching Lobos play while he fought a golem and he wondered if he could pull the leg to expose the medal on the bottom of it's foot and it worked! Wtf, why didn't anyone tell me?

Go to 06:49:52

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I kinda wonder how many people missed the true ending(s) of the original DD because they just played the Dark Arisen re-release and thought Bitterblack Isle was the endgame?

The sheer weirdness of the original game's ending was always a huge bonus in my eyes. Which is why I always kinda gave the side-eye to people who said it sucked, wondering if they actually experienced its fake-outs and meta gimmickry.

I mean, being honest I've always felt like a weakness with FROM's games is that while the end-boss fights are usually good, beyond that they are fairly minimalistic. You get your fight, a short cut-scene, and then straight into NG+.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The game:

2054970_20240405023354_1.png

Me:

sweaty-speedruner.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The game:

2054970_20240405023354_1.png

Me:

sweaty-speedruner.gif
Hey I also did this legit! What a quest, I almost got it broken a few times and even catched it while in mid-air once. :goog_relieved:

But, it's a game of wits! so you could also put the urn inside the sealing phial (apparently) or bring the man to the urn, instead of the urn to the man.

elhav

So I was fighting a Drake in the desert, and as a mystic spearhead I like to spam the shield magic for me and my pawns in tough battles.

Then a fucking red wolf coyote looking motherfucker gingerly picks me up and takes me on a ride for a few miles, and by the time I return 2 of the pawns are dead and the drake took off.

Good times

I used a ferrystone lol.

I had one portcrystal parked right outside Sphinx's joint, grabbed the guy, used a ferrystone (you can while holding someone) and took him there in a jiffy.
Same. But I will try the bringing the vase to the man on a next playthrough just for funsies.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
thanks for your answer.

but "kinda"

I am not sure how to interpret that answer lol
heh sorry, I was trying to give a clue without spoiling it.

I said "kinda" because they are kind of NPCs, but not your common NPCs. I'm talking about pawns. Even knowing this there's stuff about it you have to figure out, so feel free to read the spoiler if you feel stuck.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Put the game on hard from the beginning(mod) chimera fucked my party up. Was a resurrection machine for a while. Finally gave up. I may have to tweak some things, maybe lower the boss health and damage a bit until I get some gear. The "trash" mobs were perfect though. 5-10 hits instead of 1. It's annoying getting battle music just for it to end in 3 seconds lol. Now encounters with goblins/lizardmen are more fun and I have to use tactics like picking up a flinching lizard man to throw him against a wall so that I can get some visceral attacks.

Capcom really needs to add more difficulties to the base game. Modders doing the Lord's work.

TintoConCasera

Put the game on hard from the beginning(mod) chimera fucked my party up. Was a resurrection machine for a while. Finally gave up. I may have to tweak some things, maybe lower the boss health and damage a bit until I get some gear. The "trash" mobs were perfect though. 5-10 hits instead of 1. It's annoying getting battle music just for it to end in 3 seconds lol. Now encounters with goblins/lizardmen are more fun and I have to use tactics like picking up a flinching lizard man to throw him against a wall so that I can get some visceral attacks.

Capcom really needs to add more difficulties to the base game. Modders doing the Lord's work.
Custom Difficulty Mod, right? Could you please share your settings once you are happy with them? I might be jumping into the game sooner rather than later for a replay, game's too damn fun.

Imo the worst thing about the vanilla difficulty is that bosses are too easy to get knocked down and once they are they become punching bags, so it's pretty cool that the mod lets you adjust the ammount of stagger received.

Also this:
  • Prevent using curatives while knocked down
  • Prevent using curatives while at 0 HP
Being able to heal while at 0HP is super cheap, wonder if it's intentional or just that the devs overlooked that.

Last edited:

elhav

One time out of curiosity made a counterfeit Ferrystone at that guy on the checkpoint rest town. I saw it was called Ferristone and sold it to him because it was useless.

After a while I returned to the town and went to talk to him to see if he had new items. Saw he had a new ferrystone for 8000 monies, so I bought one. Then I realized it was the counterfeit I sold back to him (for much much less).

He won't be selling counterfeits to anyone ever again

adamsapple

One time out of curiosity made a counterfeit Ferrystone at that guy on the checkpoint rest town. I saw it was called Ferristone and sold it to him because it was useless.

After a while I returned to the town and went to talk to him to see if he had new items. Saw he had a new ferrystone for 8000 monies, so I bought one. Then I realized it was the counterfeit I sold back to him (for much much less).

He won't be selling counterfeits to anyone ever again

Have you tried using it? The wet noodle animation of you throwing it is kinda funny.

IAmRei

Just a couple of screens.

Feels like I'm in the end-game now.

Story Progress:

Just killed the Giganatus, kinda cheesed it and used the Arrow of Unmaking I got from the Sphinx. Pausing for the night.

I was afraid that I might have to change vocation to Archer to use it, since I never upgraded it beyond needing it for one specific side quest, but this Warfarer Vocation lets you equip multiple weapon sets and change them while playing, which solved that problem for me right up.

H2RGeIe.jpeg

WpLBkdV.jpeg

t8xX6Wn.jpeg
Looks so beautiful <3

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I just can't get over the fact of how unique, super weird (in the best possible way) and amazing the Sphinx design is (tits aside, seriously, it's not even the best part by a mile). Hot daaaaaaamn:messenger_fire:

Whoever is responsible for her design from top to bottom (looks, VO, behaviour etc.) should be awarded at the next proper video game awards (which is not Game Awards in December).

BJwHAS7.jpeg

But if I had a say in development, I would've made next gen feather systems just for her to make her even more cool looking. As of right now you can clearly see limitations and her face and arms (for example) should be more featured, but instead it's mostly just flat textures. Anyway, don't mind me, that's just perfectionist in me talking, she's amazing as she is right now:messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven she's one of the best parts of the game for me. Great quests/riddles, with intelligent design that goes with the game's mechanics while also being fun to solve.

adamsapple

Does anyone know where the Dragonforger guy is in the post-game?

He's not in his usual spot north of the desert town.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Agent_4Seven Agent_4Seven she's one of the best parts of the game for me. Great quests/riddles, with intelligent design that goes with the game's mechanics while also being fun to solve.
There's quests? I thought there's only riddles....:unsure:
Wait! Don't tell me, I'll figure it out :messenger_beaming:

Btw, have anyone revived this poor bastard?
9s2thYj.jpeg
Here I go to finally buy some new and cool shit, armor sets, weapons and such (after 40+ hours, damn it's about time) and
this little fella appears out of nowhere, asking me if I can help him find Jadeite Orb and then everyone started fighting in the store.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It turns out the other NPC decided to kill him and asked me to find the Orb for him instead, guards joined him. So I just stand there, looking at all this circus, counting my wakestones cuz I sure as shit don't want to waste them on any of these guys:messenger_tears_of_joy:

And then when it all cooled down, I looked at this poor bastard lying there and the other NPC standing just a few meters further down the street and thought... Oh, it'll start all over again if I revive him, isn't it, even if I already completed the quest?:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Custom Difficulty Mod, right? Could you please share your settings once you are happy with them? I might be jumping into the game sooner rather than later for a replay, game's too damn fun.

Imo the worst thing about the vanilla difficulty is that bosses are too easy to get knocked down and once they are they become punching bags, so it's pretty cool that the mod lets you adjust the ammount of stagger received.

Also this:

Being able to heal while at 0HP is super cheap, wonder if it's intentional or just that the devs overlooked that.

So, it has it's own default settings for easy(default vanilla game) normal, hard, and like 2-3 others that keep getting harder. I think the ones after hard automatically take away being able to Skyrim cheese wheel yourself and it also turns off healing when hp is 0. You can also edit any of the difficulties or make your own entirely. It's amazing. Settings that all games should ship with.

I'm also rolling with the Lucky Scavenger mod. You find level appropriate items from mobs and especially chests and boss monsters. It's a small percent chance. Like 5% so it's rare but awesome when it happens. It makes exploring even more fun.

Also, no loss gauge, no encumbrance, and merchants sell multiple ferry stones. It all serves to make subsequent playthroughs my own personal Diablo like.

Last edited:

Kings Field

Best the game last night on Series X. LCC/120 mode was a treat. Hardly noticed any issues besides the capital.

Started as Mage then went to sorcerer to magic archer.

Magic archer made the game trivial towards the end when it came to bosses.

Gonna do my PS5 run as fighter/warrior soon. I started it but only got to the capital.

overall a 9/10 game for me.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Does it make sense to level all classes to max level? And when I play through it, do I automatically end up in ng+?

adamsapple

Does it make sense to level all classes to max level? And when I play through it, do I automatically end up in ng+?

Not really, I don't think it makes sense to max them all. I only maxed 2.

Some side quests require you to be a certain vocation (like Archer) but there are no level requirements.

-

When you beat the game, you will either see the option to start new game +, or load your last save. Do the latter and see what you could have done different in the final few minutes of the ending.

A little more info under the tags.

There are 3 endings, once you get the True ending, there is no more option to 'load your last save' in the main menu anymore, by then you've obtained the true ending of the game and can do nothing but start NG+. NG+ itself does not have different story elements per-say.

Getting the true ending isn't just a choice in the ending like Mass Effect 3, if you're on the path, you essentially open a 4~6 hour epilogue with a bunch of new quests to do, this epilogue is not unlocked if you get either the 'bad' or 'standard' ending.

Last edited:

ssringo

There are some good augments in the various vocations that make it worthwhile. You can view the augments at the trainer to see what you can unlock and decide if you want to spend the time. But ultimately you don't have to if you don't want to.

DavidGzz

So you can't save the game while poisoned. So I left it running to walk the dogs lol. My MP will keep me alive.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hey I also did this legit! What a quest, I almost got it broken a few times and even catched it while in mid-air once. :goog_relieved:

But, it's a game of wits! so you could also put the urn inside the sealing phial (apparently) or bring the man to the urn, instead of the urn to the man.
I used a ferrystone lol.

I had one portcrystal parked right outside Sphinx's joint, grabbed the guy, used a ferrystone (you can while holding someone) and took him there in a jiffy.
You can just teleport with the dude to the jar instead of walking
Damn I didn't thought about that, but I love it!

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Anyone notice how certain enemies see highly resistant to DMG types? Now that enemies are way more tanky with the difficulty mod, I notice that lizards are super tough against my mace but take a lot from slashing visceral attacks. And skeletons are folded easily by my mace. Very cool. Making me switch weapons mid combat which is fine.

SantaC

heh sorry, I was trying to give a clue without spoiling it.

I said "kinda" because they are kind of NPCs, but not your common NPCs. I'm talking about pawns. Even knowing this there's stuff about it you have to figure out, so feel free to read the spoiler if you feel stuck.
Doh i figured it out...

Sphinxmother lol

Meicyn

Gold Member
Anyone notice how certain enemies see highly resistant to DMG types? Now that enemies are way more tanky with the difficulty mod, I notice that lizards are super tough against my mace but take a lot from slashing visceral attacks. And skeletons are folded easily by my mace. Very cool. Making me switch weapons mid combat which is fine.
Absolutely, you really notice slashing weapons ineffectiveness against sections that are armored on a cyclops, or enemies like the saurian variant that has rocks for scales. You just flat out watch your weapon bounce off them kind of like what happens in Elden Ring when you strike walls.

Top Bottom