• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 |OT| This Silence Is Mine

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Do they replace all the game assests or something? lmao

-----

My Amazon order is rattling around. The disc is loose from the spindle. I haven't opened it yet, so I'm going to return it. I assume it's all scratched up in there.

Jesus that fucking sucks. I remember once I had a RE5 disc that the center hole was slightly off from the perfect center so it managed to get scratched internally in my 360 which carved a perfect circle in the disc that killed part of the games data not allowing me to exit this one room. would crash 100% when i tried to exit through the door, due to there literally being no data to read.

thankfully the bx took it back and got me a new one.

The last chest in chapter 3 - verse 4 (the one in the trees with the moving cubes) is driving me crazy, I can't make the jump and I don't understand why.

Groof

Came home to my PS3 downloading the game by itself. Don't know for how long it's been going, but it's only at 20%. Feels like this is going to take a while.

Do they replace all the game assests or something? lmao

-----

My Amazon order is rattling around. The disc is loose from the spindle. I haven't opened it yet, so I'm going to return it. I assume it's all scratched up in there.

I'm sure it's perfectly fine, blu-ray discs don't get scratched up like that. I've had multiple games come in the same situation and there's never been a problem.

Ptfhhahahaah
hb6EaRz.png

Us Europeans have 25GB to download...

Ummmmmmmmm...whut. OO

Mohasus

The last chest in chapter 3 - verse 4 (the one in the trees with the moving cubes) is driving me crazy, I can't make the jump and I don't understand why.

Are you dashing in the air? I made it on my first try.

Just finished the game:
I'm sad, I was expecting something more. It was so average. :|
Oh well, maybe it'll be better when I see the other endings.

Just finished the game:
I'm sad, I was expecting something more. It was so average. :|
Oh well, maybe it'll be better when I see the other endings.

Audio and video are usually the biggest part of a game.
Uncharted 3 is like 5gb game, 20gb audio and cutscenes.

geez already? How long did it take you?

Zafir

looks like UK orders did dispatch sometime last night, on DPDs next day service with tracking. So I should get my copy today after all.

better than godhand confirmed
Hopefully mines waiting for me at home then. Got no email from DPD or any one though.

Mine's arrived.

Ptfhhahahaah
hb6EaRz.png

Us Europeans have 25GB to download...

This feels like trolling by Square-Enix Europe, you would think after EU fans asking for a physical disc they would've tried but we get this tease =I. Inside is a selection soundtrack CD, gamecode and soundtrack list that doubles as an ad for the full OST =/
Jesus. Guess that gives me time to spend on transistor and wolfenstein...

Sigh, preordered the collector's edition in February, and it's still not here. Tracking sucks on it too. No idea when it is coming in. At least it says it shipped.

Think I'll just listen to "The Silence is Mine" while I wait.

Groof

So while waiting for my download (not even close to finishing...) I was looking at the DLC. Is any of it worth getting? And what does the soundtrack remixes do? Play over certain parts?

antibolo

Banned
Charging $5 for the real voices is such bullshit.

Also, in Canada the game is $50 on PSN and $60 (not incl. tax) at retail. Seriously, prices for new games in Canada are so fucked up right now, sometimes it's gouged up at retail, sometimes at digital, sometimes both. Depends on how the publisher felt that day or something. It doesn't even make sense anymore.

I usually favor retail over digital for home consoles, but in this case it's hard to justify paying almost $20 more (after tax) for a shiny spinning disc in a plastic box.

Groof

i'm at 52% woo! maybe I'll see if I can fit the JP audio on and have it download while I'm at work.

I'm at 57%... Going to have to turn my PS3 off for the night too, because I can't sleep with a jet plane running next to me.

i'm at 52% woo! maybe I'll see if I can fit the JP audio on and have it download while I'm at work.

I'm at 57%... Going to have to turn my PS3 off for the night too, because I can't sleep with a jet plane running next to me.

Make sure you have like an additional 12GB or 7GB (however much PS3 needs to install a downloaded game)?, so it can install by itself XD, I'm manually installing because I didn't have install space for it and it's a loong install T-T

Groof

Make sure you have like an additional 12GB or 7GB (however much PS3 needs to install a downloaded game)?, so it can install by itself XD, I'm manually installing because I didn't have install space for it and it's a loong install T-T
Yeah I prepared for it beforehand by deleting a bunch of old stuff, but I'm still worried it won't be enough. Hopefully I can get it down tomorrow...

Zafir

Heh it will take a while to install as well, I started my install like 30mins ago it's at 45% installed...and the gotta do the Japanese voices...

I'm at 30%. I'm not doing the Japanese voices. I can live without for the moment. Maybe download them over night or something.

Dinda

PSN download speed is a joke. I don't know how many hours it is already, but it I'm still only at half of the voice pack. Tomorrow it is then!

By the way, does anybody know about the Nier and Kaine Costumes for EU?

I preordered on PSN, and they are not purchasable as DLC. On the Playstation Blog they wrote something about a Digital Deluxe Edition, but i never had that option on PSN for this, only regular (including Voice DLC).

So will these be part of our regular game? Or will they be DLC in the future (which would suck, because then i may have already finished the game.)

How does one actually enable the JP voice DLC? I can't see the option anywhere. Assumed it would be in the costumes area but nothing. It's definitely downloaded, as the on-disk footprint for the game is 25gb instead of 15gb, but not appearing in a menu or anything that I can see.

How does one actually enable the JP voice DLC? I can't see the option anywhere. Assumed it would be in the costumes area but nothing. It's definitely downloaded, as the on-disk footprint for the game is 25gb instead of 15gb, but not appearing in a menu or anything that I can see.
Trying to figure it out but from download page:
Enjoy Drakengard 3 with the original Japanese voices of the characters. The option to use the Japanese voices can be accessed from the title screen.
The dub is pretty amusing so I'm not too bothered to get the Japanese voices. Not like it takes place in Feudal Japan.

Lol it is amusing but the fact that I'm hearing Anna from Tekken/Misturu from Persona 3 and Catwoman from Arkham City (I believe) kind of makes the dub experience weird lol bet it was refreshing for them to swear like a sailor though XD

DMczaf

So I was just told by Digital River that the preorder bonuses (Waves 1-3) were only for the CE version, is this right?

I preordered the regular edition back in October last year and forgot about it, and didn't keep up with the bonuses until recently. I thought the preorder bonuses were for both versions.

koutoru

It's not where you might think at first.
In the main menu go to Change Outfits/Music-> Voice -> Japanese.

Hmmmm I do believe, from reading GameFAQs as well, that the EU version will need an update because the option to change to Japanese voices is non-existant.... =S
It's not where you might think at first.
In the main menu go to Change Outfits/Music-> Voice -> Japanese.
Yup EU got boned...

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Sigh, preordered the collector's edition in February, and it's still not here. Tracking sucks on it too. No idea when it is coming in. At least it says it shipped.

Think I'll just listen to "The Silence is Mine" while I wait.

Mine says delivered but my office mail room (I had it sent to work since they log all packages received) says no packages came for me. Absolutely ridiculous that they used USPS for something this expensive. I'm going to initiate a chargeback if the post office lost it.

So I was just told by Digital River that the preorder bonuses (Waves 1-3) were only for the CE version, is this right?

I preordered the regular edition back in October last year and forgot about it, and didn't keep up with the bonuses until recently. I thought the preorder bonuses were for both versions.

My understanding was that both versions could get it but you had to actually "opt-in" to the preorder bonuses with an order placed after the DLC was announced or something bizarre like that.

Zafir

You don't have the Japanese DLC downloaded do you? I think the option to switch may be bugged for us, will probably tweet at Square-Enix later in the day/tomorrow...
Ah, no, would have taken too long so I'm just living with the English voices.

Weird that Japanese voices would cause such an issue.

Yuterald

Nothing like the feel/smell of a janky-ass PS2-era action game. This game runs like a total butt-hole too. Crazy random framerate drops and screen tearing all over the place, lol, I love it! I feel so at home with this game, more so than anything else I've played all year (I should really open up my copy of Deception IV while I'm at to completely delve into PS2-era goodness).

I wouldn't consider myself a crazy Drakengard/NIER fan, but I do really like the series as a whole. I've finished the original and played the balls out of NIER. I never did finish Drakengard II, but I'll probably re-play the series in "order" now that the third game's finally in my hands.

Just a couple quick impressions compared to the rest of the series:

-Combat is "improved" as it can be. Game's mega jank town central though, but it's honestly exactly as I expected it to be, especially considering the fact that it was developed by Access Games. The parry mechanic is totally "lol" too, but hey, at least it's something!
-Totally put off by the dummy dragon's voice at the start, but he/it already grew on me.
-Treasure chests are finally marked on the chapter select screen! No more (unless I've yet to see) crazy hidden stage variables to make chests "appear" on the map/stage!
-LOVED the introduction, (spoilers)
especially post-fight with the sisters. The music in that cabin you wake up in is so cool and walking around with your little buddy dragon. The music there while you're walking and talking with him was really doing it for me.
-Love the cinematic direction so far. Character models look nice too.
-The OST, it's so good so far, especially digging the chapter select screen track. I've been letting it loop the entire time I've posted this message. If I find a game that creates an idle "moment" (walking away from a game to reflect on it while listening to a particular track) for me, then we're in business.

So, yeah, I know there's some hardcore Drakengard fans out there that apparently thought this was mega dumpster trash, but my first impressions are pretty positive. It's the kind of game that fills/scratches a lot of weird voids/itches that are often not met throughout the year, so I can tell I'm really going to dig/appreciate this for what it's worth.

Did anybody pre-ordered from Play-Asia? Have you received it? According to their website, they are expecting the stock to arrive on 26th May 2014.

Top Bottom