• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamhack Summer 2012 Thread: SC2/DOTA2/HoN/LoL/CS/Quake/BF3/SF4AE/SFxT June 16-18

First 2 maps were great and really close. Last map was a blowout, but what can you do. Cypher has to play aggressive to try to comeback.

The LOL fans in the chat were horrible.

Q8D3vil

lol is easy to get into.
dota 2 is in beta and have a very high learning curve.
sc2 is the most fun to watch and have a very high learning curve.

sc2 win
LoL wins easily due high player base :(
i still think LoL and dota2 are boring to watch, but to be honest i think Koreans can make LoL much better to watch if they developed the meta.

Boken

Banned
First 2 maps were great and really close. Last map was a blowout, but what can you do. Cypher has to play aggressive to try to comeback.

The LOL fans in the chat were horrible.

The chat is just terrible in general, shit flung in all directions. Close that poopchute yo.

LoL wins easily :(
i still think LoL and dota2 are boring to watch, but to be honest i think Koreans can make LoL much better to watch if they developed the meta.
CLGeu tries to fight M5 with aggression so that's fun to watch. Koreans have a pretty aggressive metagame too.

It will be the first lol game i will watch.Please be a good game.Also there is go game for 3rd place between Eg vs Mouz?it is after finals?or i missed it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The problem with all of these games as esports is that they are impossible to watch for people who don't play the games. The burden of knowledge is too high.

54-46!

Goddamnit, missed both the CS and Quake finals.

Also, it feels like I'm getting a tiny bit of cancer every time I read something off the chat, the bicker between StarCraft 2, LoL and DOTA players is... ugh.

54-46!

The problem with all of these games as esports is that they are impossible to watch for people who don't play the games. The burden of knowledge is too high.
Has nothing to do with the games being complicated, if it's interesting and fun people will watch and learn as they go along - that's why we have casters.

In the beginning all you might know about the game is that it's two players killing each other, and that's really everything you need to know your first time around.

ksan

I think the main difference between mTw and Na'Vi is that if you make a mistake against Na'Vi they will capitalize on it, mTw will instead often fall back and be happy with it.
Maybe mTw can prove to handle that, however Na'Vi is Na'Vi and thus the favorites :p

and awesome to have paintitgold as a co-commentator, tobi's solo casting has been really underwhelming this weekend (from the analytical side that is)

Deadman

rofl mana> hero

eu>kr>na.

They were roughly even supply but hero had 3 colossus, dont really understand how mana won.

Haunted

Unbelievable game by Mana just now.

He suicided a ton of blink stalkers to pick off three observers on three separate occasions in order to carve a way for his DTs.

They were roughly even supply but hero had 3 colossus, dont really understand how mana won.
Mana had the better concave at the bottom of the ramp. The DTs were unopposed once he picked off the observers. Also great blink micro to keep just enough stalkers alive for them to one or two-shot that observer at the end with that hail mary offensive blink right into Hero's army at the last second.

Exciting stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So much steam lag. Those M5 bans are pretty funny. Guess they really don't like Froggen.

Boken

Banned
are you sure, 'cause there are new things like deny and such that require some skill.

If you honestly consider mechanical requirements a real measurement of skill you should probably play an RTS

EDIT: In other news, CLGeu showing why they have the best teamplay in the game.

ksan

Tobi's so ridiculously biased that he doesn't even notice anything Na'Vi does.
Oh wait? Weaver had 3.9k gold but 3.8k dissapeared? Probably not worth checking.

dimb

This has to be over for M5. They don't really seem like a top tier team to me anymore, and I think the age of hard counter jungling ruling games is over.

dimb

Bro Nautlius cant counter jungle
I know that. I'm not saying they should, just that it's what broke M5 on to the scene, changed the meta, and put them ahead of other teams. The counter junglers they used to run aren't able to get the initiates off that they need on CLG, so now they're using Naut and aren't really able to do much with him.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tobi's so ridiculously biased that he doesn't even notice anything Na'Vi does.
Oh wait? Weaver had 3.9k gold but 3.8k dissapeared? Probably not worth checking.

Yes it must be bias. Its not that he misses these things all the time. ffs.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I know that. I'm not saying they should, just that it's what broke M5 on to the scene, changed the meta, and put them ahead of other teams. The counter junglers they used to run aren't able to get the initiates off that they need on CLG, so now they're using Naut and aren't really able to do much with him.

M5 used Shyvana when she was considered trash because they realized how good she was at aggressive counter jungling.

ksan

dendi going berserker
Yes it must be bias. Its not that he misses these things all the time. ffs.

There is an obvious mouz and mTw bias in tobi's casts, and in many of those games this weekend he missed a lot of important things and completely disregarded stuff that the other teams had.

Top Bottom