• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamhack Summer 2012 Thread: SC2/DOTA2/HoN/LoL/CS/Quake/BF3/SF4AE/SFxT June 16-18

EG placing as high as they did is surprising to me - considering they've been playing without Maelk for 2 months. I wonder if they'll show up at TI2 looking stronger since they'll finally be playing as a full team again.

Edit: TongFu is going to surprise people at TI2.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EG placing as high as they did is surprising to me - considering they've been playing without Maelk for 2 months. I wonder if they'll show up at TI2 looking stronger since they'll finally be playing as a full team again.

Edit: TongFu is going to surprise people at TI2.

Tongfu shouldnt surprise anyone being made of old Panda members and the performance they put on in the East Qualifier. And by performance, I mean massacre.

ksan

It's quite shocking actually that this was the same team who lost against Virtus.Pro, cause they didn't want to right click into the base. Super impressive how well they played now.
Tongfu shouldnt surprise anyone being made of old Panda members and the performance they put on in the East Qualifier. And by performance, I mean massacre.

The interest for the East Qualifier didn't seem too big from many communities (like here), especially in comparison to the western one. I still think the top teams in it played better than in the western qualifier.
And to be completely honest, I think most people who didn't play Dota 1 have no idea who Panda were :p

n0b

Zenith to won The International.

But Orange just beat them today!

I honestly think this international can be won by ANY of the participating teams. (Except Darer because most overrated team in the dota 2 scene) All of them have taken games off of each other enough times that it is just going to depend on the progress each team makes while they are bootcamping.

Snowman

Dem bitter tears are almost as delicious as my refreshing drink right now.

Haha, was thinking the same thing :p To be fair it should be pretty interesting, Dimaga plays a really different ZvP style than stephano so I wonder if Mana will have to switch it up a bit.

Haunted

Best way to lose 30k viewers? Show black screen with SC2 music for 30 minutes.

They could've had people talking on the couch or whatever all this time. There's enough commentators, players and cameras there to fill some time just talking about the games that happened or the players now or whatever.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, definitely seems puzzling to me why tournaments like this just don't fill the dead air with something. Grab some commentators, drop 'em on a couch, and have them do a little preshow event.

Sibylus

Banned
I suppose, though at times that seems a little too general for my tastes. Having some commentators go into obsessive detail over the participants involved, the matches played, and the possibilities, whilst decked out with highlight footage, it'd be pretty great.

2MF

There are tons of viewers, did it really go down by 20k?

Right now it's:

37136 DreamhackTV
7515 DreamhackSC2

Both are streaming the final.

Sibylus

Banned
It was around 50k at the Dota 2 finals, hemorrhaged about 20,000 or so during the wait. Probably will recover soon enough.

I know that they try to delay their finals to pull in as much NA viewers as possible, but I think they have gone too far this time, especially during a work day.

Top Bottom