• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon launches Cloth Map (Patreon)

Makikou

Haven't received discord server invite yet, I connected my discord account to patreon and still nothing. I assume higher tiers didn't get an invite as the pledges don't have "includes discord reward" below the pledge

Yeah. I backed with 10$ monthly (take my money, Drew) and no Discord invite even though I linked my accts.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It seems like Drew kind of wants to be gaming's Anthony Bourdain, which is awesome, but is the plan actually for him to travel the globe recording selfies of himself walking, talking, interviewing, and doing gaming related tasks? That seems pretty unfeasible to me. Is he going to sign someone else on to act as production crew after this ramps up?

Sorry if this was discussed a bunch already.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like Drew kind of wants to be gaming's Anthony Bourdain, which is awesome, but is the plan actually for him to travel the globe recording selfies of himself walking, talking, interviewing, and doing gaming related tasks? That seems pretty unfeasible to me. Is he going to sign someone else on to act as production crew after this ramps up?

Sorry if this was discussed a bunch already.

Don't know if it was discussed already, but I noticed last time I checked the Patreon the next closest goal was "production staff."
However, Drew has the hustle. Mr Casey Youtube gets it done that way. It technically can be done.

Sorry if this is obvious, but should I be following his YouTube channel for updates on new content and not Patreon? Is Patreon just more for feedback or something?

BOTEC

Man, Drew is not playing around. After one video it already seems like he's more productive than Noclip
and Giant Bomb.

Damn Drew, I know you have to promote your brand but even on something gross as Totalbiscuit's podcast?

Man, Drew is not playing around. After one video it already seems like he's more productive than Noclip
and Giant Bomb.

Eh? He bought a desk and a shelf...

BOTEC

OK, this is easily my favorite patreon/kickstarter/digital panhandling thing.

Did that humming bird poop at 6:37?

Damn Drew, I know you have to promote your brand but even on something gross as Totalbiscuit's podcast?

Eh? He bought a desk and a shelf...

Exactly. There has been little actual tangible content, but it already has been more interesting, informative, and entertaining than pretty much every other patreon I'm contributing to. Combined.

Drew is already doing a great job with these videos. I wonder what his turnaround time is, because editing can be a beast if you let it go unchecked.

jambo

PlyTqGg.gif

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
His camera tests alone are entertaining, I cannot fucking wait for him to travel places.

farisr

Watched both Vlogs. Nice. I was hoping that the tripods Drew got would have some Osmo-like stabilization features, saw Ian at EZA pick a mobile version up and the difference was terrific. But of course, the gorillapod is really not meant to be used that way. Not even sure whether something like that is even available for the kind of camera Drew got.

VanWinkle

Don't really know this guy outside of knowing he was on Giantbomb, but this seems interesting and I'm watching the vlogs and I really like the guy. He seems just like a good personable dude. I think I will back this.

Anno

Woulda been cool if he could have been there for the upcoming Dota 2 major considering how big Dota and other esports are in the Ukraine. But Eurovision will probably be way more hilarious.

I hope it goes well for him. There's still a war going on there, despite the "ceasefire" which is constantly violated. There was some pretty intense fighting in February

ghostjoke

Banned
Wow. Strong start. The video games (and media in general) from Ukraine and those informed by that block of the world have a unique aura that rarely get as much attention as they deserve. Chernobyl, the e-Sports scene, and Eurovision (especially with the current state) are a trove of amazing things to document. Can't wait.

Weetrick

Wow, when he talks about the sleep mask he cuts and you can't even notice it. He says: "sleep mask" and then talks over it.

Skills.

It's so obvious now, but I didn't see it the first time.

I know people were concerned he hasn't hired a second camera-person, but I think he can pull it off. If anyone can, it's our boy Drew.

Mikey Jr.

Drew, man.

Why do people leave for a flight 5 minutes before the flight leaves?

I'd rather go early, check in, and just chill for an hour.

Aselith

That was a fun little video! Now I want to go to Ukraine to eat ramen. What's his pace going to be for releases? Is he going on a set schedule when he has a video series done or is he just releasing them as he can?

Top Bottom