• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon launches Cloth Map (Patreon)

RivalCore

Danny was the first patreon I supported and now Drew is the second. Really looking forward to what Drew puts out. Plus he's a chill dude.

Zaph

iUl3Pk9.gif

Hopefully people, and Drew specifically, temper their expectations since there is a tendency for people to drop their support before actual payment is due. Drew is a pretty smart dude, so I assume he's not budgeting his future based on these early numbers.

IISANDERII

First time I've ever subscribed to a Patreon. Drew's a great guy, and his North Korea/Iceland videos are two of the best in Giant Bomb's history, and that's REALLY saying something.
Haven't seen either of those. I wonder if seeing them would convince me to pledge

Hi I'm Drew!

Follow me as I show the rest of the world how great my hair is!

...Oh, and something about videogames or whatever.

Subscibe and I'll send you a single strand of my hair ever month!

Thanks!

Hopefully people, and Drew specifically, temper their expectations since there is a tendency for people to drop their support before actual payment is due. Drew is a pretty smart dude, so I assume he's not budgeting his future based on these early numbers.

Hopefully, yeah. I assume he gets taxed on a good chunk of this?

Hopefully he can get enough money every month to keep this going. Has anyone ever crowdfunded a travel documentary series before? Seems like it would take a lot of money.

Sure, I'll throw $3 at that for a few months and see how it goes. He's an interesting guy that should create interesting content.

Congrats, Drew!

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Hey man, gotta strike that meme iron while its hot.

The first goal says for new gear. I want to see a gear list on all the hot video equipment hes getting for this. bts stuff like that is always interesting.

Loxley

This will be the first Patreon I've ever supported. Props to Drew for pursuing his passion - it sounds awesome!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is there a trend for the Patreon model to have a big drop off after the initial excitement? It seems like such a different thing than Kickstarter, where you can capitalize on a moment rather than establish a monthly payment.

Is there a trend for the Patreon model to have a big drop off after the initial excitement? It seems like such a different thing than Kickstarter, where you can capitalize on a moment rather than establish a monthly payment.

It depends on the model, I think. The #1 patreon, Chapo Trap House, is basically just a subscription to their weekly premium podcasts with only one tier at $5.

Voras

Congrats to Drew striking out on his own. It's funny that he and Danny both ended up doing this so close together.

This is such a great thing to have with the horrible shit thats been on GAF the past few days about a certain few assholes. Showing that games are a universal thing for everyone is something I can get behind. Really respect Scanlon for this.

Kerned

Banned
I'm so happy for Drew, and I'm excited about watching the great stuff he's sure to make. I imagine leaving GB was a tough decision, but man what a great reason to go.

BOTEC

I'm in for $5/mo. The travelogues on Giantbomb are some of their top-tier content. More of that plz. Siberia, what's up with that?

Drew is fantastic at making edited content and as much as I loved him at Giant Bomb (he was my favourite bomb boy :( ) it always felt like that talent was going to waste

I'm excited af about this tbh

Top Bottom