• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Scanlon launches Cloth Map (Patreon)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Cool. Great idea, but am i missing something about the name? What does cloth map have to do with games?
You're probably too young to have played computer games that had a big box, and came with lots of stuff inside like a cloth map. I kept mine from one of the Ultima games, actually.

Don't know if I'll be able to pledge, but this seems relevant to my interests. The travel stuff is some of the best Giant Bomb stuff. Nice to see the funding for this evolution of it getting off to a strong start. Practically at 10K at the time of writing.

J7kpPrE.png

.eciNice.

While I miss them at Giant Bomb, Noclip and what Drew can cook up with Cloth Map will for sure fill the void in my video consumption.

Good stuff, look forward to seeing where it goes!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This could be good, best of luck to him. I enjoyed and miss the GameCenter CX travelogues.
Technically they still happen, just not very frequently. I agree though, that show probably has the best gaming-related travel shows and arcade segments you'll ever see, and I'd hope Drew checks them out.

jediyoshi

is the $ amount on the patreon how much drew gets before or after patreon's cut? (i assume it's before)

"Now, the public-facing number you see on your page will always reflect the total amount of pledges to you minus:

Transaction fees
Patreon's 5%
Declined pledges
"

Natiko

Banned
Awesome opportunity for Drew. I've never supported a patreon and I'm not sure I want to start now, but this seems perfectly suited for him and I'm sure he'll have a lot of success. Gonna miss having him on GB content frequently.

SCB3

Hell yeah, I'll support Drew, the guy is really awesome and you can tell is very passionate about travel and experiences.

I met him once as well, super nice guy

Top Bottom