• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EastEnders |OT| Get Outta My Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new producer / the writers are definitely trying to appeal to a younger audience in the past few months. Most of the storylines have been based around younger cast members. Not sure I'm a fan.

Danny Dyer has reportedly taken an 'enforced break' from EastEnders amid concerns from producers that he needs to 'sort his life out'.

Sources tell The Sun that the actor, who stars in the BBC1 soap as Mick Carter, sparked concern among producers when he fell off the wagon at last month's NTAs following a failed bid to quit drinking.

The 39-year-old show favourite is said to be taking a 'number of weeks' off work, in hopes he will recuperate after appearing 'exhausted' - with bosses determined to get him 'back to his best' - despite the move causing 'chaos as he is the star of the show'.

What the fuck is that accent?

He's supposed to be from Miami or Florida in general...

Accent is heavy bronx New York
Then turned slightly English
Then turned Chicago

The man is an absolute shithouse hahahahha

This storyline with Michelle is... terrible.

You could have her with literally any actor/actress and any storyline and she'd still look like crap.

She's like an older Sonia Jackson

Syder

He's had so many half-exits, I just wanted the nightmare to end. I never want to see him back unless it's a different actor.

Bollocks episode and bollocks exit for Lee. Whit would just go to Dover with Lee in reality. It's not like she's got any real ties in Walford.

Breakage

EastEnders forgot that brexit means brexit.

The Michelle story line is so bad. It was awkward to watch.

All the young ppl are terrible.

Danny Dyer exploited his own son's mental instability so he could move in on Whitney. I think that's what the fox was referencing. Hope rumours of that enforced break are true: Dyer is awful.

MikeMyers

So I just caught up.

That accent is something.

Also, my cousin who voted to leave the EU just proposed to his Polish girlfriend. I'm gonna play the EE theme when she finds out.

Syder

Hahaha 'Bushes'
KuGsj.gif

Can you imagine how awkward Adam Woodyatt felt when the producers came to a with 'Ian's gotten fat' storyline?
KuGsj.gif

Producer: Listen Adam, we are going to have a new storyline involving Ian getting diabetes due to his weight

Adam: Sounds great, how much weight do you want me to put on?

Producer: No, no, you'll be fine how you already are

Adam: ......

Breakage

So I guess Ian's got diabetes.
That American kid n Michelle continue to be terrible. How long are they gonna drag that shit on?

This polish character really is just a white version of the "Magical Negro" trope. He comes out of nowhere, seems to have knowledge in everything and selflessly helps the main characters. I'm sure he'll exit the show by simply walking through a dense fog, never to be seen again.

Also, Whitney is going to bang Mick so hard Lee will hear it in Dover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom