• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

God damn, watching the group stream on my tv and huber is so damn loud, keep turning the volume down but then i cant hear anyone else lol. The huber struggle is real.

I need a kind of equalizer for the streams.. I'm having the exact same issues

Same, happens with Frame Trap. I listen to it when driving/commuting and the amount of times I have to turn up the volume for when someone is a little far from the mic just for Huber to wrap his gums round the mic and boom "PACING ISSUES".

sora87

Ah well, i dont know how they'd fix it with just one group mic.

Gotta admit i hate the worms games but they've made it entertaining to watch. When jones mentioned the food i remembered i wanted to photoshop yuffie wielding cinnasticks for my avatar but i suck at photoshop lol

It's impossible for group streams unless they have two mics, whuch would cause a host of problems.

For Frame Trap they should either turn Huber down which would mean that he would have to yell constantly or be too quiet, or simply tell him to relax and not be so loud which I think is utterly impossible, according to Brad.

wiibomb

in reply to all.. couldn't the allies pass the audio of the mic through a equalizer and then to the stream? just wondering since I don't really know if such think can be possible.

in reply to all.. couldn't the allies pass the audio of the mic through a equalizer and then to the stream? just wondering since I don't really know if such think can be possible.

Nope, not how it works. It's essentially a omni directional mic designed to pick up asuch sound as possible in every direction. The problem is that you have to be mindful of your sound levels when closer to it. They don't because they're hanging out having fun. It's a hard thing to mix together.

If the back row had a Seperate mic the levels could be fixed

Kneefoil

It's impossible for group streams unless they have two mics, whuch would cause a host of problems.

For Frame Trap they should either turn Huber down which would mean that he would have to yell constantly or be too quiet, or simply tell him to relax and not be so loud which I think is utterly impossible, according to Brad.

There are compressors which make quiet noises louder and loud noises more silent. But yeah, multiple mics would help too.

And for the Frame Trap bit, audio can be balanced in post with an audio editing software since it's not broadcast live.

There are compressors which make quiet noises louder and loud noises more silent. But yeah, multiple mics would help too.

And for the Frame Trap bit, audio can be balanced in post with an audio editing software since it's not broadcast live.

Yeah especially if each microphone gets recorded separately, it's just a matter of the editor to look over the waveforms and lower whatever gets too big.

trejo

So I was watching the latest Frame Trap and I just wanna say I hate whoever it was who mentioned in here how Ben sometimes does these hand motions that make it look like he's fondling his own invisible boobies because now I can't not see it whenever he does it, lol.

wapplew

Are we going to have PS meeting, NX reveal and PS TGS watch party?
Last year TGS was very good at GT, please do it again.

UrbanRats

It's not a big deal, but I'd rather get it weeks (or months) early, pop out to make a sandwich, and come back to play the same product I would have had to wait a much longer time for if not for the Internet.

Not everyone can play the game at all, I get that it sucks but I do have an internet connection and I'd rather get my games early. It's a system that makes way more sense to me now that we have the tech to make it possible. In an age when you can push the content out to be ready for consumers on your promised launch date anyway, delaying a game purely to avoid doing this comes off as an antiquated practice to me.

I think it's a matter of compromises.
You wouldn't want every game to be early access, or be released as soon as it's content complete/Alpha.
But you also don't want to wait years after they're done, just to make sure it's absolutely perfect.

In the case of FFXV, delaying it a couple of months (after years of wait) is really a small time frame, and if it avoids a massive (ans so, i have to assume, very crucial) D1 patch, i think they made the right call.

Listening to the EZA Podcast and I'm not feeling Damiani's argument on day one patches at all. "I miss the days when I just put the game in and it worked" - I'm happy to put those days behind me if it gets the game I want in my hand an entire month or more in advance, and I think it's silly to think otherwise. A delay inconveniences the entire company and as a consumer I'd rather wait 20 minutes than multiple weeks.

Eh, I can understand his sentiment, even if I disagree. I do think he and Brandon got a bit too caught up in the moment and derailed their arguments with some bad points though.

The weirdest part for me was when Damiani transitioned from saying "day one patches are bad" to "the FFXV delay is bad because they might make changes I won't like." Like, what? If you don't trust the developers to actually develop the game, you should probably just avoid it.

Anyway, I finally caught up on the last few days of shows and man, that Frame Trap episode might be my favourite one yet. Lots of interesting discussion, a variety of interesting games talked about and no Overwatch (sorry but my eyes glaze over and my mind withdraws every time it's brought up, it's entered DotA territory for me).

And I agree with Kyle on PC gaming. I have a beast of a PC and yet, aside from the occasional strategy game (which just doesn't work on console), I don't play games on it at all. Part of that is because my Steam backlog is terrifying and another part is I prefer my PS4's environment (friends, trophies, etc) but I think the main reason is that I just find it a hassle to play games on it the way I want to. My PC is set up right next to my TV and PS4, so I'll usually have something up on my two monitors (usually a browser but sometimes a movie, podcast or show) while I'm playing a game. Trying to do this on PC just ends up being annoying because I'll find some games (especially at launch) will crash when I Alt+Tab out of them and others will black out my other monitors while I play them. So it's just easier to get my games on PS4 and use my PC for programming, internet, video, music and so on.

Auctopus

As I mentioned last week, I've begun to write a Tabletop Escapes Episodic Catch-Up.

Forgive me for taking the liberty of providing the chapters with sub-titles, I can take them away if people prefer. Anyway, I just reached Chapter 4 and it's going quite smoothly. I've found that combat takes the longest to write.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jq4lxD-QJ17uReHEBfIwuXx_A-GLCbti2Lp3_2YaMU8/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not trying to provide every move, just the general picture of what happened and I try to include the important lore tidbits.

Please let me know what you think!

UrbanRats

I play 90% of my games on PC, and yet i understand Kyle's point, since a nightmarish history of problems with Mac products, soured me really bad with anything Apple.

What i don't agree with is Ian's point of buying a PC at parity with a console, and then having it be already old.
It doesn't get old unless you have unrealistic expectations, or the ports are absolute garbage.

If you buy a ps4 comparable PC, you should expect to play with PS4 comparable specs, be it resolution, framerate or settings, if you're fine with that, you don't need to upgrade, even if the upwards ceiling keeps rising, just lower the settings until they're PS4 comparable and play.

The problem is people get a PC to be comparable with a PS4, and then compare it to other gaming PCs, instead of consoles, and that makes it look worse than it is.

-
Personally i transitioned from console only, to mostly PC gaming, for four main reasons:

1) I like to play the best version of a game available, if possible, and i especially need 60fps more and more, as time goes on.

2) Price: While the initial price of a PC is significant, the price for games on consoles is just insane for me, and i usually have no problems waiting a bit to get them on sales.
I also have no access to renting and little access to used games, so that's also a factor.

3) Open platform: I like to mod games, i like to customize settings and decide what is and isn't important for myself (i'll take 5 extra frames over anti aliasing) and i like, if there is a problem, the idea that someone in the community may be able to fix it, be it a fan made patch or a mod fixing some shitty design.

4) PC isn't just a gaming machine: Of course the fact that you use your PC for anything from gaming, to other entertainment, to work, to creative shit, it's a big deal for me, and i find myself more likely to play a game, if i don't need to move over to some other dedicated machine and go through the whole process, instead of just popping up steam and running a game in a couple of seconds.

One of the main reasons I play on console more than PC is that I hate my office chair. It sucks and I have back issues to begin with. I still love tinkering with my computer and I've been building my systems since I was twelve, but I switch over to PS4 a lot more frequently just cause I need to buy a new chair...

I think PS Plus has a lot to do with it as well. PSN sales are every bit as good as Steam sale these days plus I'm getting a selection of games to play delivered to me every month. This month was awesome, for example. Tricky Towers is a very cool game and I've poured a ton of time into Rebel Galaxy.

BBboy20

I'm usually in line with Ben on most things but had to disagree with Titanfall 2: one of the most disappointing multiplayers I've played in a while, whilst the traversal is decent, it doesn't even matter and doesn't feel built in to the maps.

Also, I felt the interactions between characters in the 50 minute FFXV gameplay felt cold and static.
I can see a super elite player be like "OH YOU YOU FEEL FAST? YEAH, THEY COMMODATE THOSE HOOKSHOT SPOTS WHILE THEY HANDICAP OUR PARKOUR SKILLS! FUCKING LANES? THIS AIN'T NO MOBA! KILLING LOTS OF AI? THEY'RE BARELY ANY THIS TIME!"

But seriously, they have to talk about the director's interview because holy shit.

I play 90% of my games on PC, and yet i understand Kyle's point, since a nightmarish history of problems with Mac products, soured me really bad with anything Apple.

What i don't agree with is Ian's point of buying a PC at parity with a console, and then having it be already old.
It doesn't get old unless you have unrealistic expectations, or the ports are absolute garbage.

If you buy a ps4 comparable PC, you should expect to play with PS4 comparable specs, be it resolution, framerate or settings, if you're fine with that, you don't need to upgrade, even if the upwards ceiling keeps rising, just lower the settings until they're PS4 comparable and play.

The problem is people get a PC to be comparable with a PS4, and then compare it to other gaming PCs, instead of consoles, and that makes it look worse than it is.
Chances are your PC version will probably still look better then the console version at low settings. Also, if you look at the console as the baseline, then your 5 year old hardware will still be more powerful then consoles.

3) Open platform: I like to mod games, i like to customize settings and decide what is and isn't important for myself (i'll take 5 extra frames over anti aliasing) and i like, if there is a problem, the idea that someone in the community may be able to fix it, be it a fan made patch or a mod fixing some shitty design.
Be funny if mods in the PC version of No Man's Sky what brings the game closer to the actual vision.

Ultimadrago

Could someone show me to a video where the Easy Allies discuss meeting fans at the Final Fantasy screening? I wasn't paying enough attention :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Exceptional podcast this week. Really takes a turn for the weird and over familiar in the second half with a real jolly vibe which is just what I want from it each week.

I think you guys could've gone somewhere else on the Pokemon Go genre game:

Success or fail, it's a MMORPG. The O stands for offline.

Alright I'm calling it

that was the best L&R segment in EZA history

Mario talk
Genre game
Ben Moore origin talk..the rise to functional member!
Other allies origins
And more!

Fou-Lu

Every episode is better than the last. I love Easy Allies and the podcast so much. I very much enjoy my onesided friendship with the Allies.

Also, ordered a tshirt!

Betting that the other old man is a Red Dragon and that the war between the dragons ended with each dragon binding themselves to another. So the two old men bind each-other (I'm picturing Maiar being restrained as Istari) and limit where they can be and what they can do. If one of them are killed than the other will be freed. One Red Dragon being unbound is what started the Nightingale war... somehow.

We are on an island in the Sea of Flames after all.

Hasney

One of the main reasons I play on console more than PC is that I hate my office chair. It sucks and I have back issues to begin with. I still love tinkering with my computer and I've been building my systems since I was twelve, but I switch over to PS4 a lot more frequently just cause I need to buy a new chair...

I've not got back issues, but the chair that was in the last house I was living in took me out of PC gaming for a bit too. Now I've moved and been able to buy my own chair, I've got a cheaper one of those bucket seats the streamers have. So comfortable.

Maligna

Banned
As I mentioned last week, I've begun to write a Tabletop Escapes Episodic Catch-Up.

Forgive me for taking the liberty of providing the chapters with sub-titles, I can take them away if people prefer. Anyway, I just reached Chapter 4 and it's going quite smoothly. I've found that combat takes the longest to write.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jq4lxD-QJ17uReHEBfIwuXx_A-GLCbti2Lp3_2YaMU8/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not trying to provide every move, just the general picture of what happened and I try to include the important lore tidbits.

Please let me know what you think!

A noble undertaking!

All of you PC players need to give Obduction a try. It's a return to form with Myst-like games from Cyan themselves. Played it for a couple hours and it's lovely so far.

sora87

Gonna echo everyone elses sentiments here, fantastic podcast this week, really great vibes and discussions.

Just wondering, do you think it'd bring in a few more views if they started giving their podcasts titles like they did with GT Time and tags or something?

DKHF

Good to see so much praise for this week's podcast episode, looking forward to watching it when I get around to it.
Just wondering, do you think it'd bring in a few more views if they started giving their podcasts titles like they did with GT Time and tags or something?
I think it would.

Hasney

Watching the group stream and someone asked for the sub alerts to be on the game and not the cam. Godammit.... Well, I had a week back of watching it.

EDIT: Ooo, my boy Damiani didn't change it after it was asked. I jumped the gun. Yay!

EDIT 2: Alright, it did get moved, but to the bottom of the screen. That's fine. The almost central one was so annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom