• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

this week has been amazing.. frame trap, TTE and the EZA Podcast have been jolly af.. I absolutely adored them

I also just saw the new Kinda Funny studio and it made me so jealous... I need the allies to have something like that... I hope so much that they get there

PuPDcri.gif

I know this was pages ago but I finally caught up and this video was amazing.

Alucrid

Banned
i think that bound video is the first time i've ever seen brandon jones not wearing blue jeans

between that and the bloodborne musical ian is fucking magical

Great episode of the podcast. Man, Ben only had a 10% chance of surviving when he was a baby? Best timeline confirmed.

Though I just remembered one little complaint from Frame Trap. Ben, don't back off from calling the recent Tomb Raider's Uncharted clones, they absolutely are (and that's just the singleplayer, TR2013's multiplayer is an outright Uncharted ripoff).

Karu

Though I just remembered one little complaint from Frame Trap. Ben, don't back off from calling the recent Tomb Raider's Uncharted clones, they absolutely are (and that's just the singleplayer, TR2013's multiplayer is an outright Uncharted ripoff).
Yeah, absolutely agree. There's more of an exploration element to it, but at its core and especially if you just want to get through - TR2013 uses the Uncharted formular no question asked.

I posted this on Twitter already but I might as well post here as well. I was watching Mandatory update when suddenly this appeared on my screen...

CqvnVrPVIAEjUa_.jpg:large

Ben told me this photo of him is like ten years old.

Yeah, absolutely agree. There's more of an exploration element to it, but at its core and especially if you just want to get through - TR2013 uses the Uncharted formular no question asked.

Yeah, they pulled a Resident Evil with the franchise but with Uncharted as its RE4. I doubt we'll ever see a return to old school Tomb Raider, which sucks because those games were actually unique and now they're just dead.

Weren't we meant to get the second part of the Deus Ex Retrospective by now or was it delayed a few days?

Karu

Initially was not interested in Ian's Obduction stream. but due to Omar also being there for the full five hours, their discussion about the lore, what's going on and the puzzle solving this is more engaging than anticipated. Coolcoolcool, good for some 2DS playtime.

Blood and Jones's ToeJam and Earl stream's a bust tho. The game looks boring as all hell haha - or I should say. Not a great 3 hour stream game.

Hasney

Initially was not interested in Ian's Obduction stream. but due to Omar also being there for the full five hours, their discussion about the lore, what's going on and the puzzle solving this is more engaging than anticipated. Coolcoolcool, good for some 2DS playtime.

Blood and Jones's ToeJam and Earl stream's a bust tho. The game looks boring as all hell haha - or I should say. Not a great 3 hour stream game.

Yeah, you can totally tell why Ian and Omar live together.

Hasney

is Kyle immortal? i mean he already died before that

https://vimeo.com/14040448

That video was part of the Man Ups Cinematic Universe where Kyle has the same powers as Kenny from South Park. He's still not dead in PrimeEZA.

I totally thought he was always dead...

like.. he is just undead now

EDIT: BTW, from what are those xbox advertising? never saw them

There was a weird Twitter thing. It was for the Shorty Awards. Yes it was weird.

Volotaire

I don't save scum in the way Huber suggests. If I unlock a door and it does not have an item I find worth looting, I will keep the game going. However, I do save scum in battles and hacking mini-games such as Fallout 3's password terminals so I do not get locked out of the terminal.

All depends on the game really. I save scum on Deus Ex before I converse with any NPC, because a conversation can go side ways quick and it's not always clear what the hell you said to ignite situation.

Ultimadrago

Sorry to ask at this point, but what exactly is: "Love & Respect" in context to the Easy Allies? How did it come about and what does it stand for?

Hasney

Deus Ex Retrospective Part 2!

Sorry to ask at this point, but what exactly is: "Love & Respect" in context to the Easy Allies? How did it come about and what does it stand for?

So it used to be WELL YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS CONVERSATION which Kyle would yell as loud as he could. One episode of GT Time, Kyle lost it after yelling and was laughing about how he was thinking of someone celebrity who hit is wife and hoped no-one made that connection. Everyone pointed out that no-one would make that connections until he just pointed it out.

The next week it became Love and Respect.

Ultimadrago

So it used to be WELL YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS CONVERSATION which Kyle would yell as loud as he could. One episode of GT Time, Kyle lost it after yelling and was laughing about how he was thinking of someone celebrity who hit is wife and hoped no-one made that connection. Everyone pointed out that no-one would make that connections until he just pointed it out.

The next week it became Love and Respect.

Wow, that's...something! Haha. Thanks for the explanation.

DpadD

Banned
Gonna echo everyone elses sentiments here, fantastic podcast this week, really great vibes and discussions.

Just wondering, do you think it'd bring in a few more views if they started giving their podcasts titles like they did with GT Time and tags or something?

You can see the effect titles have between the Frame Trap episodes... So yes.

Weighing in, I think giving the podcasts taglines would be a decent idea. It's not pandering to the lowest denominator for views (their main complaint), but it is helping a lor more people find out that EZA is a thing. And why on earth would anyone not want more of that?

on brief vacation

Is this the same brief holiday that has taken Dumb Game Monday from us?

Also, listening to the podcast late. Bomberman is totally a tactical shooter. The Rainbow Six Siege of the 80s.

Podcast taglines would be a life saver for me. I have to drive my brother to Boy Scout meetings on Monday evenings, so I sometimes save the EZA podcast for then, but I've had a few times where I thought I put the latest podcast on my phone, but I just put an old podcast on the microSD card and didn't notice, because the only difference was the podcast number, which easy to overlook when you're rushing to get somewhere.

Yeah, I think a title for each podcast would be good. IMO, take an out of context quote (that somebody said during the podcast), boom done
This does wonders for the Super Best Friendcast, providing such gems as "Who Trashed My Dead Baby's Grave," "God Supports Straight Shota," and "Perpetual Motion Hustler's Paradise."

Lexad

This does wonders for the Super Best Friendcast, providing such gems as "Who Trashed My Dead Baby's Grave," "God Supports Straight Shota," and "Perpetual Motion Hustler's Paradise."

Same with My Brother, My Brother, and Me and We Have Concerns podcasts. It works great and gets me interested to see the context

Karu

Great second part of the Retrospective! I'm not so interested in the parts where they talk about the game itself apart from the story, because it basically boils down to a review, but the parts inbetween games (here most importantly about the renamed MP-game from 04/05) are always worth it! And Brandon's cool directed transistions from one chapter to the next, heh.

On another note: i hope the EZA crew or at least part of them will be cool on the NMS refund topic, because I'm looking forward to certain parts of the media crying about it while a.) getting games for free themselves and b.) ignoring consumer rights.

Edit: Another vote for titles! Loved the thumbnails for GT Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom