• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Nice troll from Huber.

I hope it was, but he seems like an emotional/sensitive guy (at least with how hyped he is, I think it goes both ways). It looked like he was really hurt by that comment to be honest.

Of course he will bounce back, it is not the end of the world, but still. Not a nice way to start your Saturday.

mishakoz

Hey I've been out of it a bit.

1) is anyone here or allies going to PAX prime next week?
2) what happened to cup of Jones? Did it get cancelled

MrMette

I understand the work schedule and whatnot, but:

Put me down for wanting more Cup of Jones.

Well, there should be one soon according to Brandon Jones' twitter.
Or at least, he will record one soon. I don't know how long it takes to edit and how much time he has for that.

Hopefully we won't have to wait long.

Tregard

Soothsayer
From the latest Frame Trap:

rQQjacs.png

MrMette

DP but as it's been 2 hours, Cup of Jones is up.

Strange, I didn't receive an email from Patreon about this. I noticed last time that the email was different than the last few months. They probably screwed something up with changing their website or something.

Hopefully this will be fixed as I use my email to know when new posts have been made.

LiK

finished the latest podcast and learning about Ben Moore almost dying when he was a baby was shocking. I'm glad he beat the odds. Didn't expect him to actually have an explanation for that comment about his head.

Hasney

Strange, I didn't receive an email from Patreon about this. I noticed last time that the email was different than the last few months. They probably screwed something up with changing their website or something.

Hopefully this will be fixed as I use my email to know when new posts have been made.

Email is how I knew and it came through, so not sure what's going on with that.

MrMette

Email is how I knew and it came through, so not sure what's going on with that.

I got it much later, but it was sent more then an hour before it arrived. Probably something messed up with my ISP then. I'm not sure either (except that I was somewhat too soon with "complaining").
It seems it wasn't the only email which was slow to arrive.

The email looks indeed normal. The one I got about the streaming schedule was somewhat different.

llehuty

Online Shenmue searches go up, more people see the retrospective, more traffic towards the pattern/channel.

More articles and news will show up also, which will make the retroscpective more difficult to find. It's not like the retrospective is going to disappear once news of Shemue 3 begin to appear anyway.

I just saw that ending bit of talking syndrome since I only watched half the other day and that was absolutely awful I hate that Huber gets all this hate for just being a happy excited guy. He looked legitimately hurt and that sucks a lot.

Vinc

Can you imagine it?

PUBLISHER: Hey TGA, we'd like to have the world premiere of GTA VI on your show!
BOSMAN: Wow, that's great guys! Love starting the show with a game announcement. When is it coming out?
PUBLISHER: Coming out Holiday 2018!
BOSMAN: Ah, then scrap it. You're better off saving that announcement for E3 2018.

And then the pope has a heart attack.

Like, not Geoff. The actual pope, for some reason.

Gvitor

When they first announced Cup of Jones, I was expecting it to be a (weekly) 5-10min max show on the production of other shows and some questions. We may not be getting it weekly, but an hour is way more than I bargained for and the questions are quite good. Jones know how to pick'em.

I mean everything wrong with anime doesn't happen in Avatar so I can see why he enjoys it.

What are we counting as "everything wrong with anime"? The pervy and cringeworthy stuff are a given but is there anything else? Because I think if Jones loved Avatar, he'd probably like something like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as well.

Personally I can't stand a lot of anime (the pervy and cringeworthy stuff, the super campy shows, the shows that have 700 episodes and 80% of it is filler, super convoluted stories, ugly art styles and probably some other stuff I can't think of right now), so I don't watch much anime. My favourites are basically just Cowboy Bebop, FMA Brotherhood and Last Exile. Last Exile gets kinda close to my dislike of super convoluted stories but that's mainly because it doesn't go out of its way to explain its setting, so I give it a bit of a pass.

What are we counting as "everything wrong with anime"? The pervy and cringeworthy stuff are a given but is there anything else? Because I think if Jones loved Avatar, he'd probably like something like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as well.

Personally I can't stand a lot of anime (the pervy and cringeworthy stuff, the super campy shows, the shows that have 700 episodes and 80% of it is filler, super convoluted stories, ugly art styles and probably some other stuff I can't think of right now), so I don't watch much anime. My favourites are basically just Cowboy Bebop, FMA Brotherhood and Last Exile. Last Exile gets kinda close to my dislike of super convoluted stories but that's mainly because it doesn't go out of its way to explain its setting, so I give it a bit of a pass.

you answered your own question towards me so...?

That's just the stuff that turns me off, I have no idea if those are widely accepted problems with anime. I mean, One Piece seems pretty popular but I can't stand the art style, campiness or filler.
Those are pretty much all the negative stereotypes of anime, even though there's only like 4 anime that have ever had continuous runs for hundreds of episodes and ugly anime are rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom