• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

They probably want their actual friends on their friends list, nothing wrong with that specially now that you can just follow people.

LiK

do the allies even accept requests? I would guess that is a big privilege...

They probably want their actual friends on their friends list, nothing wrong with that specially now that you can just follow people.

Huber requested people to add him on PSN for MP action on the podcasts and his live streams. He specifically asked people to DM him to be added. I'm not just requesting for no reason.

Also, you can't follow people who aren't verified.

The new Tabletop Escapades episode is live on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d_c2Y1E1g

latest

Rest in pieces of eight gold boy

Burt

truefact: more people have been nominated for oscars than are on the allies' friends lists

ergo

you figure out whats really more prestigious

MrMette

Again great episode of TTE. I love how natural they are with creating extra stories while RPing and how they keep on building on it.

Like how they linked Therese to loving Goldboy for example

Also you can see they have a lot of fun while playing the game and you feel it in the episode.
I had quite a lot of laughs myself.

Also Huber seems to be really trying to play well (while he still sometimes does make some questionable choices
that final encounter, why would you attack a wizard who looks extremely powerful, although he did try to do it in a smart way
, he also made some great choices instead of only weird ones).

Was listening to all the names at the end and I realized one of the anime-avatar losers who harassed me for not being a Bernie bro on Twitter was on there 😂

S/O to the Hashtagonist. Love the allies themselves but it's annoying to think that content you enjoy is supported by insufferable people.

"Damiani, give an example of Emily Rogers being wrong"

*The others discuss the false rumour about female Link that originally came from Emily Rogers while Damiani searches for something Emily Rogers said that was false*

:/

Was listening to all the names at the end and I realized one of the anime-avatar losers who harassed me for not being a Bernie bro on Twitter was on there ��

S/O to the Hashtagonist. Love the allies themselves but it's annoying to think that content you enjoy is supported by insufferable people.

If you're saying that the Hashtagonist has an anime avatar then you might want to look closer, as thats original art for his online social media accounts. Notice the hashtag.

He's also nothing close to be "insufferable".

Not to mention that he's friends with the Allies and even has Huber on his podcast this week so lol

If you're saying that the Hashtagonist has an anime avatar then you might want to look closer, as thats original art for his online social media accounts. Notice the hashtag.

He's also nothing close to be "insufferable".

Not to mention that he's friends with the Allies and even has Huber on his podcast this week so lol
I can't say I looked close enough to tell if it was original art. What you're saying makes me feel worse.

I can't say I looked close enough to tell if it was original art. What you're saying makes me feel worse.

Sorry for making you feel worse but I just question a claim like harassment about someone like Hashtagonist. We can probably continue this discussion in PM as we don't want to clutter up the thread.

Karu

But did you hear that I really like the show? And I said as a kid I liked the first movie, but upon seeing the series up to the film's point in the storyline (between Season 5 and 6), I didn't like it as much. Will see what I think of "I Want to Believe" once I get to that point.

I can tell you didn't stay long because that stream actually turned into another Attack on Titan stream after a short time.
Oh, I did stay longer as I wrote that in the middle of the stream, heh. Attack on Titan looked super repetitive, tho.

I also know what you said about the show, don't take what I said too seriously... ;-) Having said that... (no spoilers coming!) S5 of X-Files is incredible, but with S6 the downward spirale of the show sadly begins. But overall I always prefered the Monster of the Week episodes to the Mythology. That might factor into me not caring (or simply forgetting, haha) about the details you layed out in regards to the S6 premiere.

Karu

The NX-segment on this weeks podcast was an utter failure, haha. No energy, no news - next time, just skip it.

Game on this weeks L&R didn't disappoint, one of the things I'm most looking forward to during the podcast recently. Keep 'em coming!

Do not agree with Jones at all about his Movies Vs Games discussion. For nearly all modern day media the discussion drops off a cliff once the product hits the market. Movies, Games, Music, Phones, Tech...they all suffer it.

Just look at Neogaf as example. Months and Years of discussion about games during their development (and before sometimes)with dozens of threads and hundreds of discussions, yet once it's released, all discussion goes into the OT which drops into the community section quickly enough and then the conversation completely dries up.
Before the release everyone had an opinion on it and after you just have die hards.

You need a train wreck like No Mans Sky to keep the conversation alive post launch.

Auctopus

Huber hasn't accepted my friend request on PSN in months. he must hate me. i even DMed him what my PSN ID is. :(

Meh, I've tried every few months for about 3 years whereas he's accepted people who only found out about EZA/GT in the last 4-5 months. I wouldn't take it personally.

I have to say that I was completely wrong.

When the first Easy Allies podcast hit I absolutely HATED the theme tune. Hated it. But now I just can't get enough of it. I love it. Good choice. Well done.

Do not agree with Jones at all about his Movies Vs Games discussion. For nearly all modern day media the discussion drops off a cliff once the product hits the market. Movies, Games, Music, Phones, Tech...they all suffer it.

Just look at Neogaf as example. Months and Years of discussion about games during their development (and before sometimes)with dozens of threads and hundreds of discussions, yet once it's released, all discussion goes into the OT which drops into the community section quickly enough and then the conversation completely dries up.
Before the release everyone had an opinion on it and after you just have die hards.

You need a train wreck like No Mans Sky to keep the conversation alive post launch.
GAF isn't the best example, because its forum structure seems designed to focus on new/upcoming stuff, instead of supporting existing conversations on things. On more generalist boards, where all the pre-release hype and post-release discussion coexist in the same thread, you can keep the discussion going for longer. One site I frequent, the Star Trek Beyond thread is still pretty active over a month after the movie came out... and it isn't even a Trek centric forum. Unfortunately, I think that's a bit of an exception, at least until the movie comes out on BD/DVD/digital download/RedBox and there's something for people to talk about again, since people have moved on to the next thing, because there's always a next thing now.

It's sort of like trying to make a bonfire: if you spread things (the discussion) out too thin, it dies really quickly, and if you clump them together, it'll keep going, but it'll be a lot smaller than it could be.

LiK

Meh, I've tried every few months for about 3 years whereas he's accepted people who only found out about EZA/GT in the last 4-5 months. I wouldn't take it personally.

he follows me on twitter so i thought he would know me. anyway, canceled my FR cuz i hate pending requests. maybe in the future.

I bet Kyle is shocked at the quality of some of the stuff shown in that Nintendo Direct. It sounded like he didn't have a lot of confidence in it haha

Hasney

I bet Kyle is shocked at the quality of some of the stuff shown in that Nintendo Direct. It sounded like he didn't have a lot of confidence in it haha

Eh, outside of Pikmin and the stuff already announed, it felt like filler. Cut down Wii U ports, sports (which I am personally wanting at least!) and a tank game.

Karu

Super Mario Maker without Online Sharing is just triple-lulz, but other than that... didn't expect much, have not much interest in the new announcements, but I'm not partiularly disappointed either... Overall a pretty decent showing, filler or not. what can you expect 6 years in? (Ignoring Nintendo's general phase of drought right now - NX preparations, you bet)

Sorry guys, I disagree. For what seems like the end of it's true life, 3DS is getting some quality games. Even if they are ports, I think Yoshi especially will do the handheld good. And who knows? The sports game could be fun.
Pikmin and that Ever Oasis game are trying something new. Quite a few new things for a console that everyone assumed would be drought-city

wiibomb

No Monster Hunter Stories make it a pretty filler direct for me.

and it is pretty obvious.. the NX bombs are on the horizon... just not here yet (and that is making everyone mad)

Chuck

Still without luck
It's a bummer that every single 1st of the month their patreon drops by thousands of dollars.

No love and respect from the fake allies at all.

LiK

Nah that wasn't a good Direct. All filler. Kyle won't care about most of these games. He'll rant about Yokai Watch copying Pokemon two game gimmick.

agree, it was a disappointment. a bunch of ports of Wii U games with a sprinkle of predictable first party stuff. no megatons or anything i wanted.

Yeah, I was figuring that there may be no NX talk, but maybe an announcement of an announcement.

The wait continues.

Honestly, I'm fairly concerned about Nintendo for one reason right now: Mario Maker 3DS doesnt have online level sharing.
Just seems like classic bonehead Nintendo. Shakes my confidence in the NX

I have to say that I was completely wrong.

When the first Easy Allies podcast hit I absolutely HATED the theme tune. Hated it. But now I just can't get enough of it. I love it. Good choice. Well done.
I'm glad you came around, but man....I'm surprised you'd hate it

The tune has this hopeful/emotional vibe to it, was perfect for when they got to bounce back from GT's closure

Sorry guys, I disagree. For what seems like the end of it's true life, 3DS is getting some quality games. Even if they are ports, I think Yoshi especially will do the handheld good. And who knows? The sports game could be fun.
Pikmin and that Ever Oasis game are trying something new. Quite a few new things for a console that everyone assumed would be drought-city

Agreed. This wasn't filler. Lot's of high quality stuff.

It's a bummer that every single 1st of the month their patreon drops by thousands of dollars.

it's been explained by other Allies every month since they started but this is just how Patreon works. It happens every month and they usually make it back up over the month.

Again, it's nothing to do with fakeness. Just cards not going through when they get charged. People will get notified and clear the charges with their banks or update payment info. A literal 99% of charges go through eventually.

wiibomb

Wow... slow news week, the podcast was kind of shallow this week. It wasn't bad though.

I just got a little suggestion for Damiani. In podcasts it is pretty important to be willing to go on with the conversation, take Bradon for example, he is always willing to go a little further if it is necessary, even if he thinks it was all well said, he always goes on with the conversation and he is even willing to discuss a matter even if he isn't particularly interested in it.

now, for example about the NX conversation:

"Damiani, is it still coming out in March?"

"... ... ... it still can...(?)"

It might be a very repeated point, a tiresome topic or even something you don't like to talk about, but be willing to throw some more sentence in that statement, make the conversation keep going instead of it make a break. It is a podcast after all, the most important thing is what you all talk.

just my 5 cents, sorry if I'm wrong about it.

EDIT: Oh my.. not the top page...

UrbanRats

Wow... slow news week, the podcast was kind of shallow this week. It wasn't bad though.

I just got a little suggestion for Damiani. In podcasts it is pretty important to be willing to go on with the conversation, take Bradon for example, he is always willing to go a little further if it is necessary, even if he thinks it was all well said, he always goes on with the conversation and he is even willing to discuss a matter even if he isn't particularly interested in it.

now, for example about the NX conversation:

"Damiani, is it still coming out in March?"

"... ... ... it still can...(?)"

It might be a very repeated point, a tiresome topic or even something you don't like to talk about, but be willing to throw some more sentence in that statement, make the conversation keep going instead of it make a break. It is a podcast after all, the most important thing is what you all talk.

just my 5 cents, sorry if I'm wrong about it.

EDIT: Oh my.. not the top page...

First people complain to Damiani because he goes on for too long, now because he doesn't go on for long enough. :p

wiibomb

First people complain to Damiani because he goes on for too long, now because he doesn't go on for long enough. :p

I never complained he goes for long (who does that??), it is a podcast, the conversation is the most fundamental thing there, if anything I love some deep conversations.

I guess I'm different, may be.

EDIT: also, I didn't suggest going for long, just to add a little more personal input instead of cutting the conversation dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom