• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlucardGV

Banned
Wow... slow news week, the podcast was kind of shallow this week. It wasn't bad though.

I just got a little suggestion for Damiani. In podcasts it is pretty important to be willing to go on with the conversation, take Bradon for example, he is always willing to go a little further if it is necessary, even if he thinks it was all well said, he always goes on with the conversation and he is even willing to discuss a matter even if he isn't particularly interested in it.

now, for example about the NX conversation:

"Damiani, is it still coming out in March?"

"... ... ... it still can...(?)"

It might be a very repeated point, a tiresome topic or even something you don't like to talk about, but be willing to throw some more sentence in that statement, make the conversation keep going instead of it make a break. It is a podcast after all, the most important thing is what you all talk.

just my 5 cents, sorry if I'm wrong about it.

EDIT: Oh my.. not the top page...

hmm last time damiani was on the podcast he had a good presence and said some interesting stuff, it's just that the NX argument is getting recycled and there's really anything to talk about it anymore.
i like all of them because they're all so different
well ,maybe Ian should try to stop saying "like" ┐(´ー`)┌

UrbanRats

I never complained he goes for long (who does that??), it is a podcast, the conversation is the most fundamental thing there, if anything I love some deep conversations.

I guess I'm different, may be.

EDIT: also, I didn't suggest going for long, just to add a little more personal input instead of cutting the conversation dry.
Nah it wasnt you, others in the thread.
Anyway i was joking, opinions are fine.

Budi

It might be a very repeated point, a tiresome topic or even something you don't like to talk about, but be willing to throw some more sentence in that statement, make the conversation keep going instead of it make a break. It is a podcast after all, the most important thing is what you all talk.

The problem was just as you said, very repeated and tiresome topic. It was a fault on Kyle to bring that topic up really, he even understood it himself later. He should have prepared something better for the panel to discuss. Speculating with these NX rumours is quite pointless at this time. Especially about the features they were talking about, except maybe the size of the machine. But discussing the size of a handheld machine is relevant even without any rumours.

And i'm someone who is really interested to see what the NX really is. But this speculation is getting very useless and boring to listen at this point.

Edit: I just realized that while I don't post much in this topic this was second time I was commenting on Kyle's moderating/preparing of the podcast in a negative way. I want to point out that I think he most of the time does really excellent job. Especially how he gets people to explain and clarify things to the audience when the panelists are only talking to each other in a way that they know what the discussion is about.

Some people will not be available for the Sony event, but we're finalizing the details. Nintendo hasn't announced their thing yet, so there's nothing to go on in terms of a date and who will be around for it.

wiibomb

Some people will not be available for the Sony event, but we're finalizing the details. Nintendo hasn't announced their thing yet, so there's nothing to go on in terms of a date and who will be around for it.

I really hope you all can gather for the NX announcement. I might be wrong about it, but the NX announcement is bigger than the Neo announcement (NX seems more like a very new thing)

Man last Levelle was so good. No wonder if kept beating Final Bosman in the ratings.

Well.. I think we all saw the results, TFB was a fraud and the TLL ended up winning

Hasney

I really hope you all can gather for the NX announcement. I might be wrong about it, but the NX announcement is bigger than the Neo announcement (NX seems more like a very new thing)

Oh, it totally is. But most likely, Nintendo will want to do it at a time that's friendly for Japan which can make it a little difficult.

wiibomb

Oh, it totally is. But most likely, Nintendo will want to do it at a time that's friendly for Japan which can make it a little difficult.

this is true... and it also makes me wonder if the allies will still commit to streaming it..

a marathon stream until the announcement midnight seems like a hype idea

wiibomb

Yeah, the bad sort of hype. Sounds like a good way to be hugely disappointed with a presser. This isn't exactly going to be E3, for all we know it could be very formal.

I don't think it should be like E3.. more like a group stream that eventually leads to the announcement event..

it should be a lot more casual and doesn't need to be NX or Nintendo focused at all

I loved Damiani's picks on the podcast for the modern games which gave him hope in the medium as Valkyria Chronicles and Xenoblade. Those were my picks too from the last generation as the two games which left a unique and lasting impression.

Jornax

Kinda thought the editing on the latest Huber Syndrome about Sci-fi was somewhat off. There were two instances where I felt I had a deja vu because of some almost back to back phrases that were very similar. One moment was when Huber began talking about The Fly and another time right before he introduced Re-Animators.

Other than that, interesting episode as always, though Huber's sci-fi tastes are way more horror oriented than mine.

I loved Damiani's picks on the podcast for the modern games which gave him hope in the medium as Valkyria Chronicles and Xenoblade. Those were my picks too from the last generation as the two games which left a unique and lasting impression.

I would think about adding Galaxy to the list, but those games feel more like the culmination of something than the start.

Maybe throw in the Souls games for a triplet that felt like the breaking of new ground (while being amazing without any qualifiers).

(interestingly, these are all Japanese console games...)

Kneefoil

Attack on Titan review is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_NkryTEb8w

The review says it isn't just another Musou game, but when I saw Damiani play the game on stream, I definitely got the feeling from the combat that it was like Musou where instead of big hordes of enemies, you fight big enemies. It just seemed to have the same kind of simplicity/lack of depth to it. I didn't even know it was made by the same guys back then.

Vinc

Anyone else getting an error when trying to replay the Bosman v Wozniak stream from last night on twitch? Or is it just my chromebook? Every other video plays for some reason, but I'm getting the "Aw, snap" google chrome error when I try this one.

Gigarator

Anyone else getting an error when trying to replay the Bosman v Wozniak stream from last night on twitch? Or is it just my chromebook? Every other video plays for some reason, but I'm getting the "Aw, snap" google chrome error when I try this one.

Working fine for me.

Karu

The review says it isn't just another Musou game, but when I saw Damiani play the game on stream, I definitely got the feeling from the combat that it was like Musou where instead of big hordes of enemies, you fight big enemies. It just seemed to have the same kind of simplicity/lack of depth to it. I didn't even know it was made by the same guys back then.
Yeah, what he said and what I saw didn't quite jell. Looks interesting, regardless and i LOVE AOT soundtrack, but not a full price title in any way for me. Will wait for 10€-15€ sale similiar to the One Piece-titles.

Also... watching Damiani's Metroid stream right now. Did he loose a bet or something... "Ugh, still one hour of this shit" :D

It's not. Doesn't play or feel like Musou. It looks like it because it's from the same team using the same engine.

Burt

I know that if there's anything I should be suspending my disbelief for in AoT, even more so than for the titans themselves, it's for the omni-directional Spider-Man gear.

But every time I see it, I'm just like "... really?"

Burt

Seems like a weird thing to get hung up on in a fantasy action series that has Humanoid giants attacking a city the size of Texas.

Yeah, it is, and it doesn't keep me from enjoying the show. But on the other hand, there's a difference between buying into the central conceit of a show and things just not making sense, especially physically or spatially. It's like movie guns having unlimited ammo, to the degree of a six-shooter popping off fifty shots in a row and they're zoomed in on the cylinder rotating the entire time.

Requeim

Bosman v Wozniak is so good. Even if you only listen to it in the background as if it was a solo podcast with bits and tetris sounds/music. Out of all the allies, Kyle is definitely the one who's most capable of making a solo stream entertaining (although Ben is also quite good). I wish they did more duo or group streams.

demu

Will there be a Playstation Meetnig Bets Showdown Exhibition Match? I'd love to see that, but it's probably already too late for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom