• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Will there be a Playstation Meetnig Bets Showdown Exhibition Match? I'd love to see that, but it's probably already too late for that.

Nah, Kyle said there's too many variables.

EDIT: After playing Attack on Titan, it's nothing like a Mosu game. The review was right.

Karu

Q&A was great this month!

Easy Allies: The Dark Souls of.... eh, whatever
Easy Allies: A Human Theme Park for Dinosaurs

Didn't GT have a Tetris tournament that Kyle won with ease? I can't find it on their Youtube page though.

I listened to the EZA Podcast again today (while trying not to fall asleep playing Breach in Deus Ex MD because that mode is a chore) and man, that NX segment. You'd think Kyle would have a range of filler topics for slow news weeks (the "what's coming out this holiday season" is a good one for this time of year) but nope, he just had to go and lob that ball up and Brad smashed it back in his face. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Hasney

Didn't GT have a Tetris tournament that Kyle won with ease? I can't find it on their Youtube page though.

Can't remember a GT tournament, but I do remember a ScrewAttack one with Brandon and Bosman on the NES Nintendo World Championship and him winning by a mile due to the Tetris at the end. Maybe it was that?

The one thing I didn't get with the Q&A is they got rid of PC in their console question due to emulation, but outside of that there were a lot of great games that are released on PC that don't involve emulation. Also the PS2 on PS4 thing is a very slow and early process that might not have a lot of PS2 games in the future due to licensing, deals, and having to implement trophies.

Chuck

Still without luck
So I noticed recently there was one other person in the goodbye GT shot when they were all doing the kawaii peace sign. Who is it?

It might sound weird to you guys, but I'm feeling a real content drought from EZA. As streams aren't for me at all, there really doesn't seem to be much left in terms of produced content. I can live without The Final Bosman, because I have to, and I still miss the regular Mandatory Update (RIP Elyse). But I need my Just Played and Trailer Score fix, gawddamnit!

wiibomb

It might sound weird to you guys, but I'm feeling a real content drought from EZA. As streams aren't for me at all, there really doesn't seem to be much left in terms of produced content. I can live without The Final Bosman, because I have to, and I still miss the regular Mandatory Update (RIP Elyse). But I need my Just Played and Trailer Score fix, gawddamnit!

frame trap should be tomorrow to quench that thirst (I expected it today, dammit!)

demu

It's kinda the same for me. Brandon Plays Pokémon has left a big gap. :(
I hope they can raise that sweet patreon money, so we can get more shows rather than "just" Let's Plays.

But I really enjoy their podcasts, so it's not like there's nothing for me. And I can't wait for the Playstation Meeting with the Allies. They make those events ten times more enjoyable to watch.

Lexad

It's kinda the same for me. Brandon Plays Pokémon has left a big gap. :(
I hope they can raise that sweet patreon money, so we can get more shows rather than "just" Let's Plays.

But I really enjoy their podcasts, so it's not like there's nothing for me. And I can't wait for the Playstation Meeting with the Allies. They make those events ten times more enjoyable to watch.

While I understand Brandon's reluctance to do Cup of Jones Weekly (hell I even gave him the thumbs up on the post that suggested it), the lack of that and Brandon Plays has left a bit of a gap. It makes me wonder if I should look more into the streaming, though that normally isn't my thing.

Karu

CTR!

Did they ever do a NIER stream during GT? Never seen a single second of that game and would die to do so from the Allies! (There's no other source on the internet...yes...yes, that's true. Shhhhh!) If not, maybe Ben or someone else who's a fan could deliver on that, thanks!

CTR!

Did they ever do a NIER stream during GT? Never seen a single second of that game and would die to do so from the Allies! (There's no other source on the internet...yes...yes, that's true. Shhhhh!) If not, maybe Ben or someone else who's a fan could deliver on that, thanks!

I'll be sure to stay away from that one if it ever happens, sure I'll get the most ridiculous hate from everyone since I don't think Nier is good at all. Very good story and voice work, amazing soundtrack, but the rest leaves so much to be desired. Obvious as hell to me that Cavia could not pull off the vision the creators had for this game, but then again it was shitty Cavia. That is why I'm so excited a good developer is taking a stab at the next one.

Burt

Voted for Mother Russia Bleeds.

Great Frame Trap! Didn't really pick up any audio issues -- maybe a little echoy on some mics, but hardly noticeable.

Hasney

Mother Russia Bleeds fo sho. Need that Streets of Rage even without Huber there.

Speaking of, looks like there is going to be a bets exhibition match! Hubers not about for anyone to cash in the case on him, so he's #SAFE.

Kneefoil

I could go for some more kart racing, tbh.

Speaking of, looks like there is going to be a bets exhibition match! Hubers not about for anyone to cash in the case on him, so he's #SAFE.

This has to be the Money in the Bank match. Whoever wins can challenge Huber for the Slusser Cup at any time.

AlucardGV

Banned
I'll be sure to stay away from that one if it ever happens, sure I'll get the most ridiculous hate from everyone since I don't think Nier is good at all. Very good story and voice work, amazing soundtrack, but the rest leaves so much to be desired. Obvious as hell to me that Cavia could not pull off the vision the creators had for this game, but then again it was shitty Cavia. That is why I'm so excited a good developer is taking a stab at the next one.

you know damiani.....i think everyone agree with that. nier never get praised for his gameplay. it's the story and ost

Maligna

Banned
I'll be at work during the PlayStation meeting. Are the guys streaming it? And what are the chances they will upload their stream right away?

I want to try to avoid the news all day and then experience the conference "live" with them as they watched it when I get home.

llehuty

I'll be at work during the PlayStation meeting. Are the guys streaming it? And what are the chances they will upload their stream right away?

I want to try to avoid the news all day and then experience the conference "live" with them as they watched it when I get home.
Twitch archive is available right away. Youtube clip takes some time (editing, processing, etc)

LiK

latest Frame Trap audio wasn't that bad in podcast form. the mega apology wasn't necessary in description altho appreciated.

Tankard

Great Frame Trap episode.
Was really prepared for a bad audio as Ben warned, but i think it was mostly fine, pilot episode was way way worse.
Also, Ni-Oh Hype! Can't get enough.

*shrug* I found that I didn't like their work as much as I thought I would. This month I didn't continue my pledge (might again in the future). I unfortunately don't like making time for watching streams, when I need that time for playing games myself. I also found I didn't agree with their opinions or reviews very often.

The podcasts are great fun, but I knew about everything they said before they talked about it cuz I'm a loser that browses NeoGaf everyday throughout the day.

FrameTrap was delicious, but I hate feeling like I can't contribute to a conversation. Sitting and listening becomes frustrating.

I love EZA and will continue to sing their praises, but I just don't have the time for it anymore =/ As Blood has stated, just making their name known counts a lot for something.

Hasney

I'm not calling out this comment or anything specifically, but this exact conversation is happening over in the Giant Bomb thread right now too. GT even at the end was goddamn prolific in terms of pre-produced content, but I'm thinking it might have just been an exception that we'll never likely see again.

Giant Bomb right now has 3 video guys and 4 "personalities" that are all full time and they don't even keep up with old GT. Without a company willing to invest, I don't think we'll see anything quite like it again. But yeah, missing JP. I still think it could be done even as a duo stream or something easy like that where they spend half an hour to an hour playing the game while talking about it. Then they could just dump it through Twitch.

Speaking of content though, sounds like Damiani has another Sleuth cooking. Just one that's taken him a long time! I doubt he was 100%ing for a potential story time.

Voted for Mother Russia Bleeds.

Great Frame Trap! Didn't really pick up any audio issues -- maybe a little echoy on some mics, but hardly noticeable.

It mainly sounded like Damiani's mic wasn't in or was set low. Something was off with his mic. I noticed it right away but didn't prevent me from hearing what he was saying.

I'm not calling out this comment or anything specifically, but this exact conversation is happening over in the Giant Bomb thread right now too. GT even at the end was goddamn prolific in terms of pre-produced content, but I'm thinking it might have just been an exception that we'll never likely see again.

Giant Bomb right now has 3 video guys and 4 "personalities" that are all full time and they don't even keep up with old GT. Without a company willing to invest, I don't think we'll see anything quite like it again. But yeah, missing JP. I still think it could be done even as a duo stream or something easy like that where they spend half an hour to an hour playing the game while talking about it. Then they could just dump it through Twitch.

Speaking of content though, sounds like Damiani has another Sleuth cooking. Just one that's taken him a long time! I doubt he was 100%ing for a potential story time.

It's weird because in terms of raw time, Frame Trap probably covers most of the "Just Playeds" we would have done. It's just in one chunk rather than spread out day by day. The pace that we did Just Playeds when we first started them is kind of crazy though.

Hasney

It's weird because in terms of raw time, Frame Trap probably covers most of the "Just Playeds" we would have done. It's just in one chunk rather than spread out day by day. The pace that we did Just Playeds when we first started them is kind of crazy though.

Yeah that's true really with how in depth it goes. I know brot's posts though, and that's a poster who likes things consise and pushes back on the EZA Podcast going long too, so probably still not for him.

The games are timestamped in the YT description though. Still should be good for people to dip in and out of.

wiibomb

have you thought of spreading this content more? may be spreading frametrap in parts and then on friday releasing all the video. I love the EZA stuff, but it is kinda big most of the time and I would love to get smaller videos to fill me in each day instead of the big chunk.

just a suggestion, it has been working wonderfully with Kinda Funny for me, so it might work here too.

have you thought of spreading this content more? may be spreading frametrap in parts and then on friday releasing all the video. I love the EZA stuff, but it is kinda big most of the time and I would love to get smaller videos to fill me in each day instead of the big chunk.

just a suggestion, it has been working wonderfully with Kinda Funny for me, so it might work here too.

If they were to "borrow" something Kinda Funny does, I hope it'd be a daily live stream news show. Get Brad to host it!

Mikey Jr.

Heh, I was just thinking about that with Giant Bomb.

I realized that over the past couple months, I was checking out GB less and less and I couldn't pinpoint why.

But yeah, it is the lack of content.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't habe a problem with long content. I treat it like I treat audio books and listen to it in pieces, if I don't have the time to listen to it in one sitting.

Hasney

Might even be worth doing a Kinda Funny and chunking it up into 4 parts, but patrons can get the full vid early.

It's Ben's show. Not up to me, but not sure if it would really make sense to break it up like that.

Have you thought about cutting up Frametrap into chunks like other sites do with their podcasts? IGN, gamespot, Kinda Funny all release the whole podcast along with split videos just covering the topic being discussed.
2.5 hour video can be kind of intimidating, even if there are time stamps.
You guys did it over E3 and i thought it was pretty neat.

EDIT:
Just seen there was another page to the tread and I missed this being asked and answered >.<

wiibomb

It's Ben's show. Not up to me, but not sure if it would really make sense to break it up like that.

What I said doesn't strictly apply to FT or any show in particular, just the idea of making content in a fashion like Tabletop Escapades where the content is spread.. can work with other shows or talks or discussions.

the patreon early link for full ep can also work well for that manner in case someone wants it to be full at release.

this is just thinking of possibilities, I don't even know if it would work well, but might be worth thinking a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom