• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not calling out this comment or anything specifically, but this exact conversation is happening over in the Giant Bomb thread right now too. GT even at the end was goddamn prolific in terms of pre-produced content, but I'm thinking it might have just been an exception that we'll never likely see again.

Giant Bomb right now has 3 video guys and 4 "personalities" that are all full time and they don't even keep up with old GT. Without a company willing to invest, I don't think we'll see anything quite like it again. But yeah, missing JP. I still think it could be done even as a duo stream or something easy like that where they spend half an hour to an hour playing the game while talking about it. Then they could just dump it through Twitch.

Interesting. I don't follow Giant Bomb at all, so I didn't know it was an issue bigger outlets struggle with as well.

It's true that GTs output was insane at times and I acknowledge that. I don't expect the current Allies to match that at all. When I mentioned Just Played, I thought of it as a weekly show, in a format much like the old one. A one on one conversation, 30 minutes per episode (max).

I do like your idea a lot. I wouldn't mind if they had the conversation while playing the game. That sounds pretty great, actually, and would be a welcomed evolution from the old format.

It's weird because in terms of raw time, Frame Trap probably covers most of the "Just Playeds" we would have done. It's just in one chunk rather than spread out day by day. The pace that we did Just Playeds when we first started them is kind of crazy though.

While FrameTrap does satisfy the need for JP in a way, it's about the format for me. I assume people treat a half hour show (or shorter) differently than a two hour podcast. I know I do, but I'm also weird and not representing your general audience, so don't listen to me.

Yeah that's true really with how in depth it goes. I know brot's posts though, and that's a poster who likes things consise and pushes back on the EZA Podcast going long too, so probably still not for him.

The games are timestamped in the YT description though. Still should be good for people to dip in and out of.

You're right that I'm weird like that. I'm not against long format content per sé, but I do prefer it in smaller chunks, because it makes it easier for me to consume and schedule it (now I feel dirty, describing it like that). I really have only two or three podcasts in my sub that I'll allow to go over one hour and FrameTrap is one of them. Heck, I love it so much, that I'm even listening to it at normal speed. I tried 1.5x, but I don't want to get used to their voices in that speed and ruin every other show and video they put out (RIP normal voice of Tom Merritt and co-hosts).

While the timestamps would help as a hack, so to speak (Top 10 podcast lifehacks that will change your life forever!), I still wouldn't do that, because it wasn't Ben's intention to listen or watch FrameTrap that way. Again, it's all about the format for me.

I apologize again for being weird like that and hope that I was able to give some constructive suggestions.

Hasney

It's a shame Twitch still has that bit of lag to it. I've been doing some test streams as I'm going to try doing some stuff around PSVR and WWE 2k17 and putting it through http://restream.io so it hits YouTube, Twitch and Hitbox at the same time and with the low delay on Hitbox, me and a friend could talk about the same match in real-time, meaning stuff like Skype streams would be much more doable even if one person was just watching.

Dunno if Twitch will be able to hit almost real-time witht he amount of traffic though.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's true that GTs output was insane at times and I acknowledge that. I don't expect the current Allies to match that at all. When I mentioned Just Played, I thought of it as a weekly show, in a format much like the old one. A one on one conversation, 30 minutes per episode (max).

Something like "Brandon Plays" with a different game every week would be cool. A short conversation between to guys about one game.

Something like "Brandon Plays" with a different game every week would be cool. A short conversation between to guys about one game.

That's what Just Played was on GT. It was a great show with a great format and I actually preferred the discussions over the regular reviews. Again, it doesn't have to be long. 30 minutes or less is enough to get the thoughts on games they're currently playing and want to talk about. It's not like the old show had big production values.

Cranky Kyle.

On the subject you guys are talking about, I have no interest in split up videos but can understand why others are. So I'm fine with splitting up Frame Trap, just so long as the full thing's available early for Patreons.

Karu

He... he totally is. His bets participation is a highlight for the ages

"Sony will announce a handheld!"

Kyle: "Add more!"

Don: "VIRTUAL REALITY HANDHELD... TRON!"

The bets covering the PlayStation Meeting and Sony's TGS Conference:

1. How many minutes of The Last Guardian will be shown?
2. How many minutes of a Rockstar game will be shown?
3. How many new games will be announced?
4. How much will the PlayStation Neo cost?
5. How many double jumps?
6. How many minutes of Hideo Kojima or his project will be shown?
7. What will the PlayStation Neo be named (worth 10 points)?

8. Final Bets (worth 20 points):
Ian: Bloodborne 2
Kyle: Megaman Legends 3
Brad: Armored Core VR + King's Field VR
Damiani: FFXV is a Neo launch title, runs better and is the biggest debacle of the year
Don: New Sony VR handheld system
Jones: New Crash Bandicoot game developed by Naughty Dog
Blood: New Infamous game revealed and Cole returns

Damiani's final bet is crazy talk but we did get the side bet between Kyle and Damiani over whether TLG will come out before FFXV.

Also, they really low balled the new game announcements. Sony's TGS conferences have a ton of mid-tier games, since they basically give every Japanese third party their own little segment. I would've gone with 10.

wapplew

Their new games announcement number are too low. Many new games will be announce at TGS, just look at past 2 TGS conference.

Burt

Because why not

7 - A real deal gameplay demo on Neo

0 - Rockstar isn't gonna play second fiddle to the Neo with the new announcements, and I'm more comfortable after E3 guessing that Sony exercises some taste and doesn't waste Neo time on a GTAV remaster.

Edit: 10 - forgot about TGS being included, have tunnel vision for tomorrow.

$399.99

2. The hype and goodwill points gained by throwing out a sliver of Kojima is too much to completely pass up, even though the game is probably about 2.5% complete. He'll just come out and say that Death Stranding is gonna kick ass on the Neo.

PS4K

Tokyo RPG Factory's next game is Playstation-(console) exclusive Secret of Mana 3, using the I Am Setsuna engine and something similar to FFXII's Gambit system.

Fun stream tonight. I must see the Yogalla card game in action.

2:30 including clips from the b roll opening/closing
Zero
$450
2 minutes
PlayStation 4 Plus

Final Bet: During the PlayStation meeting, Reggie Fils Aime will walk on stage and announce that the Nintendo NX and the PlayStation Neo are the same console.

Let's go!

wiibomb

He... he totally is. His bets participation is a highlight for the ages

"Sony will announce a handheld!"

Kyle: "Add more!"

Don: "VIRTUAL REALITY HANDHELD... TRON!"

Everyone: "no NO NO NOOO"

oh I loved it so much, but since I wasn't wearing headphones I'll have to watch it tomorrow again since I didn't understand some parts

I'll give it a go too:

5 minutes

4 minutes

$449

0 Zero Zip Zilch Nil Aught Naught Nada

PlayStation 4K

Devil May Cry 5! Starring Dante, cleaning up the DMC2 mess

Believe.

1. How many minutes of The Last Guardian will be shown? 2
2. How many minutes of a Rockstar game will be shown? 1
3. How many new games will be announced? 7
4. How much will the PlayStation Neo cost? $449
5. How many double jumps? 4
6. How many minutes of Hideo Kojima or his project will be shown? 3
7. What will the PlayStation Neo be named (worth 10 points)? The PlayStation Nation's 4K Destination

Final Bet:
A new Road Rash will be announced, playable fully in PSVR with Move controller support for weapons. It will be the most immersive motorcycle murder simulation to date, and it's exclusive to Playstation VR

2:15 minutes

1 minute. (I think they will show GTA V upgrade for Neo)

$499

0 minutes. He or Death Stranding won't be there.

Playstation 4S as PS4 Slim isn't called Playstation 4 Slim.

Sony AAA JRPG announced. Final Fantasy scale.

Believe.

VanWinkle

I was just wondering, what roles do Don and Brad play at Easy Allies? Are they just additional personalities or do they have show plans or anything like that? I know Don was testing out that one show, but I don't know anything about what Brad may be doing.

I was just wondering, what roles do Don and Brad play at Easy Allies? Are they just additional personalities or do they have show plans or anything like that? I know Don was testing out that one show, but I don't know anything about what Brad may be doing.

Don's a video editor. I believe he puts Huber Hype and Frame Trap together.

Brad's written a couple of reviews and helped work on the Retrospective. Plus his appearances on the other shows and streams.

I'd love to see another Don series but it's fine as is IMO. I don't think they all need their own shows, especially when they've only got one full-time video editor.

Auctopus

I really think people, including the Allies, are overestimating the E3-ish element of the PS Event. I really think it's going to be mainly focused on the actual consoles.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

I really think people, including the Allies, are overestimating the E3-ish element of the PS Event. I really think it's going to be mainly focused on the actual consoles.

The PS Meeting they announced the PS4 at back in 2013 was the first time we saw Destiny, DriveClub, Infamous SS, Knack and Killzone SF, wasn't it? So while I agree it'll mainly focus on the hardware, I'm still expecting at least a couple of announcements.

ArjanN

Well, they included TGS for a reason, I suspect the PS Event won't be much of anything if you don't really care about the hardware.

Caught up with FrameTrap. Thank you Huber for keeping the positive vibes flowing. And for understanding how the FFXV spoiler stuff was a spoiler. He explained it pretty eloquently. Great discussion all around. Surprised no one said Lost Odyssey as a good opening though.

Betting Exhibition was fun. Lots of laughs. Damiani coming through with the dream KHIII x Marvel x Star Wars was fantastic. Been wanting to see a lightsaber Keyblade for soooo long. Don with the handheld be motorcycle! Only Don man lol

El-Suave

I'll bring up my suggestion from a few months ago back that would adress worries about lack of content or people missing Just Played's (for me only the latter applies).
Google Hangouts could solve many if not all of those problems for the Allies. The Q&A videos show it works amazingly well even with a huge, unwieldy cast and the chemistry doesn't get lost either. It also does not take much more effort to set up than doing a stream, so it's easy to produce, too. What it might do is offer content for people who are not into let's plays or live streams. So if two Allies have played a current game that they might want to talk about or one Ally has a game he wants to present that doesn't get coverage otherwise, talk about it for 10 minutes with another Ally over the internet. Boom, short, easy to produce and consumable content that can be made without anybody leaving their home. You also don't need a fixed schedule for that so you don't have to promise anything.

ilium

Is the EZA podcast the only show available in mp3 format? I'm in the process of moving and don't have internet in the new apartement yet..
Or can anyone recommend a way to download from youtube? Preferably audiotrack only to save space on my phone.

I already missed so much stuff and it's wednesday, so TTE tonight.. D:

Edit: There was a betting special? Goddamnit...

Is the EZA podcast the only show available in mp3 format? I'm in the process of moving and don't have internet in the new apartement yet..
Or can anyone recommend a way to download stuff from youtube? Preferably audiotrack only to save space on my phone.

TTE, frametrap and the EZA podcast all come with audio versions as well. They post links in the patron posts
https://www.patreon.com/EasyAllies/posts

Or can anyone recommend a way to download stuff from youtube? Preferably audiotrack only to save space on my phone.

From the Youtube description:
https://soundcloud.com/user-50492631/frame-trap-episode-12-warcraft-is-back
https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Ib2ngtrkbijx3ljmcbkbjdhceoa
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/frame-trap/id1102642377?mt=2

ilium

Ah yes, thanks guys! I only checked soundcloud.com/easyallies. Didn't know there were different accounts for all the shows.

Or can anyone recommend a way to download from youtube? Preferably audiotrack only to save space on my phone.

Edit: There was a betting special? Goddamnit...

FrameTrap is also available as a podcast in MP3 format.

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:217517146/sounds.rss

Vinc

So yesterday's bets special had Kyle saying the winner gets the right to compete against Huber at the game awards betting special, which pretty much confirms Kyle is working on the game awards.

So yesterday's bets special had Kyle saying the winner gets the right to compete against Huber at the game awards betting special, which pretty much confirms Kyle is working on the game awards.

Game Awards AND PSX. But what made you come to that conclusion? Kyle's competing to take part in that betting special too.

I should really go to sleep already. 5 and a half hours till the EZA stream starts.

Auctopus

Due to events that transpired after the E3 Betting Special and the following trial, the current betting special for PS Event/TGS is an Exhibition match which will allow the winner to challenge Huber for the title at PSX.

Though he's on holiday anyway, this is also why Huber is not competing. Betting used to be Huber and Bosman's thing but Bosman flew too close to the sun and now it's up for grabs.

Which is actually a shame because I think the betting dynamic works incredibly well between Bosman and Huber.

Why the double jump bet and so many people actually betting a number for it?i can't think of a single instance a double jump would occur.

Crash Bandicoot doesn't even have a double jump does he?

Mikey Jr.

Not super stoked on the eza psneo panel. I like Ian, but he seems like he's more into the Pc now. And damiani is more of a Nintendo guy. Jones and Brad are good though. Gonna miss huber, bosman, Moore, and blood. Ohh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom