• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Ex retro was fantastic. I wonder which series is next.

Persona! Since Persona 5 isn't out for another 5-6 months, which gives them some time to do it.

But yes, the Deus Ex retros were fantastic. I loved this week's Easy Update and Huber Syndrome too (especially since I'm just being reminded of how Deus Ex really brings the save scum-er out in me while I play Mankind Divided).

MrMette

Persona! Since Persona 5 isn't out for another 5-6 months, which gives them some time to do it.

Hoping for Persona.

While I would be very happy about this as I know almost nothing about the Persona series, but I really want to try 5 (I have 4 on my Vita, but never got around to play it).

The problem I see with this is that they replayed all Deus Ex games for footage and to have a fresh view on the games. Although I have never played a Persona game before, I can imagine this will take a LOT more time with the Persona games (I have played enough JRPGs to know how much time you can spend in them).

That said, I think it is a great idea (if it is feasible).

An other great series to do this about (but with the same problem) is Yakuza. I have only played Yakuza 4 (5 came out too late for me as I gave my PS3 to my sister after buying a PS4) and I have put more than 100 hours into that one (it is one of my favorite games on PS3), so unfortunately I don't see how they will find the time to do one about those great series.
Btw, I don't know if they did Final Fantasy (which will take an insane amount of time) or Yakuza on GT. I have seen some retrospectives before, but I can't remember about which games.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Talking Syndrome #19 ended on a sad note. Where did that comment come from?

Karu

Glad that guy went onto Huber's show specifically to say that comment. Stand-up guy all around. Hope's he's also part of GAF so I can congratulate him personally: Thanks, bud!

For context: Someone asked why does always "this guy" stream games instead of Kyle and Co. in a very non-friendly manner.

AlucardGV

Banned
Glad that guy went onto Huber's show specifically to say that comment. Stand-up guy all around. Hope's he's also part of GAF so I can congratulate him personally: Thanks, bud!

For context: Someone asked why does always "this guy" stream games instead of Kyle and Co. in a very non-friendly manner.

and you're glad about it?
almost all allies streams

dunno i scrolled the chat twice and never saw it

Mikey Jr.

Dude, Persona retro! Holy shit, what a great idea!
I think it would have to be in parts, spaced out weeks. No way they could do it in one shot. I honestly hope they think about going to their community for help. It's kinda crazy they seem adamant on doing it by themselves.
I remember blood saying they were hesitant because they couldn't guarantee quality or something like that.

Crash bandicoot could also be another great retro.

Bonus question: where is game sleuth? That kinda came and went.

Yeah the DX retros were really great but Brandon's pronunciation of "Deus" was irking me. They've been pronouncing it "Day-oos" since the "top 10 most mispronounced words" video at GT, where they cited the instruction manual as having a pronunciation key (it doesn't).

It's dā-əs. Day-us.

Also, I'm wondering why Brad didn't pick up Invisible War on Steam and just capture it through there? The transition to Xbox footage was kinda jarring.

But I digress - again, I think they did a great job. Looking forward to more.

LiK

Yeah the DX retros were really great but Brandon's pronunciation of "Deus" was irking me. They've been pronouncing it "Day-oos" since the "top 10 most mispronounced words" video at GT, where they cited the instruction manual as having a pronunciation key (it doesn't).

It's dā-əs. Day-us.

Also, I'm wondering why Brad didn't pick up Invisible War on Steam and just capture it through there? The transition to Xbox footage was kinda jarring.

I agree, it looked like total garbage. Looked so bad compared to the other games.

Karu

What the hell at the comment on Talking Syndrome? But also why did Huber even give it the time of day?
What gets you gets you, I guess. There was a similiar comment regarding Omar on Ian's Obduction stream. I just don't understand. I don't watch for example...Solo Damiani's streams, but in a way of like... "I don't watch TV Show X". I'm not going to go to Twitch while he's streaming just to tell him that I don't watch his streams... and in a awkward, mean way. Why? Just why? They stream so much, every single one of them, just pick what you like and be done with it.

Edit: Just to be clear, Damiani's awesome. Didn't warm up to his streams yet, tho. =)

What gets you gets you, I guess. There was a similiar comment regarding Omar on Ian's Obduction stream. I just don't understand. I don't watch for example...Solo Damiani's streams, but in a way of like... "I don't watch TV Show X". I'm not going to go to Twitch while he's streaming just to tell him that I don't watch his streams... and in a awkward, mean way. Why? Just why? They stream so much, every single one of them, just pick what you like and be done with it.

Edit: Just to be clear, Damiani's awesome. Didn't warm up to his streams yet, tho. =)
If you're trying to get into his streams, I recommend his playthrough of Ocarina

I really enjoyed that one, seeing him breeze through it is really fun

ElTorro

It's either just trolling, or the stupidity of thinking that decreasing Huber's presence on EZA disappear would somehow increase the presence of other personalities. It makes no sense either way. Huber should have just ignored it, but letting that one negative comment get to you is also just human.

Huber's personality also didn't click with me the first time I watched Huber Hype. Ironically, he made an artificial impression on me, lol. But after watching his solo and group appearances a few times I started to love him, and now I think he is indispensable. He makes any group stream, podcast, or other event better than it would be without him. I love how genuinely excited he is about things. On occasions, I still watch his Shenmue 3 reaction, lol. Easily in the top 3 of my favorite gaming media moments.

It's either just trolling, or the stupidity of thinking that decreasing Huber's presence on EZA disappear would somehow increase the presence of other personalities. It makes no sense either way. Huber should have just ignored it, but letting that one negative comment get to you is also just human.

Huber's personality also didn't click with me the first time I watched Huber Hype. Ironically, he made an artificial impression on me, lol. But after watching his solo and group appearances a few times I started to love him, and now I think he is indispensable. He makes any group stream, podcast, or other event better than it would be without him. I love how genuinely excited he is about things. On occasions, I still watch his Shenmue 3 reaction, lol. Easily in the top 3 of my favorite gaming media moments.
Hah yea I could see how in a YT world where everyone has to over exaggerate and basically fake the enthusiasm that Huber brings that when you first encounter him it could come off not genuine. Something people on GAF like to point out when they see the various reaction Gifs, etc. But once you see him on a lot of different streams, live events, etc you realize that's just how he is. I'm always amused hearing Brad tell various Huber stories from their childhood.

Lexad

Hah yea I could see how in a YT world where everyone has to over exaggerate and basically fake the enthusiasm that Huber brings that when you first encounter him it could come off not genuine. Something people on GAF like to point out when they see the various reaction Gifs, etc. But once you see him on a lot of different streams, live events, etc you realize that's just how he is. I'm always amused hearing Brad tell various Huber stories from their childhood.

He is the reason I started listening to GT Time after the reaction to Shenmue and FF7 (along with the rest of the guys of course). I could see a genuine reaction there.

What did they say about Omar? Really fucked up considering he was a part of the GT crew back in the day?

Gvitor

Yeeaaah, that last comment in Talking Syndrome was awful. There will always be idiots in the internet, Huber, but don't feel the need to give them attention. You're awesome.

Sony might now acknowledge the leaks next week, but only because they don't have classy Jack anymore.
https://youtu.be/hhuZYpBiFzw?t=3m15s
and one for Damiani ;)
https://youtu.be/zzmEgBqWRvs?t=5m34s (this one makes me miss Jack)

For context, 2009 is the year Last Guardians reveal trailer leaked (2009, yikes), PSPGo leaked, PSmove leaked and a whole bunch of other stuff right before Sony's conference. Pretty much exactly what happened this year with Microsoft.

I don't think it's wrong to dislike any of the allies, or to just like some more than others. But that's where you have to accept that the content they produce individually for the Easy Allies just isn't for you, regardless of what you think of that person. And of course it doesn't give you the right to attack any of them like that. If you really feel like you have to speak up against someone, at the very least offer constructive criticism without falling back on personal insults and being a total asshole about it.

MrMette

That guy at the end of Talking Syndrome was a chode. Huber looked legit upset by it. Completely unnecessary comment.

Yeah, it was hard to watch. Just like ElTorro, I wasn't the biggest fan of Huber in the beginning either as his full on blast mentality is something to get used to.

But I warmed up to this after some episodes (in the GT days). I love that he is this passionate now. It still gets a bit much sometimes, but in shows like Talking Syndrome, he does a great job of just talking about the questions posed to him (imo) and he usually is much more relaxed. I also think the diversity of the personalities of the allies is what makes them so special.

I think Huber called the guy out just because that's the way he is. That said, he looked very upset by the comment. I hope he can get passed it as it was a rude comment.

No problem in liking some allies (and people in general) more than others, but why would you put something like that in a comment section while he is doing his (live) show. Just don't watch his stuff if you don't like it.

It's dā-əs. Day-us.

"Day-us" is the lazy Anglicised pronunciation that a lot of dictionaries now accept, while "Day-oos" is the proper Latin pronunciation.

It's de.ʊs. Day-oos. So nope, you're wrong and Brandon's right. :p

I haven't watched Talking Syndrome yet but I guess I gotta be prepared for the raging asshole comment? Oh boy.

randomkid

there's just something darkly hilarious about huber sadly reading out loud a comment that angrily calls him Goober

Goober!

he should embrace it

Really the most heartbreaking end to a video ever, jeez.

While I would be very happy about this as I know almost nothing about the Persona series, but I really want to try 5 (I have 4 on my Vita, but never got around to play it).

The problem I see with this is that they replayed all Deus Ex games for footage and to have a fresh view on the games. Although I have never played a Persona game before, I can imagine this will take a LOT more time with the Persona games (I have played enough JRPGs to know how much time you can spend in them).

That said, I think it is a great idea (if it is feasible).

Btw, I don't know if they did Final Fantasy (which will take an insane amount of time) or Yakuza on GT. I have seen some retrospectives before, but I can't remember about which games.

Well if they lined it up for P5s release on Feb14th that'd give them just under 6 months to get through the 5 already released main games, the half dozen or so side games and probably the Japanese version of P5 too.
I think it's doable...but it's just my hope. Maybe they want a smaller project.

They did a FF retro at GT.
It took a year to make, is 3.5 hours long and it's glorious.
https://youtu.be/daCW46zW13A

DMiz

Really breaks my heart to watch the end of Talking Time and see Huber react to that.

I can understand why somebody wouldn't necessarily enjoy Huber's tilt on games and positivity, but it felt truly unnecessary to make the comment in that fashion.

Hope he doesn't take it to heart. Huber remains one of my favorite allies and the way in which he appreciates games and hype is a very important part of what makes the team so special.

Really breaks my heart to watch the end of Talking Time and see Huber react to that.

I can understand why somebody wouldn't necessarily enjoy Huber's tilt on games and positivity, but it felt truly unnecessary to make the comment in that fashion.

Hope he doesn't take it to heart. Huber remains one of my favorite allies and the way in which he appreciates games and hype is a very important part of what makes the team so special.
He's fine. He was fine in the Q&A immediately after. And Hubers General outlook as he has said several times in the past is as long as one person likes what he does he's content.

wiibomb

He's fine. He was fine in the Q&A immediately after. And Hubers General outlook as he has said several times in the past is as long as one person likes what he does he's content.

I was a person who never understood him or his emotional side, it was always weird how he was hyped and now I can't even see huber without being huber, it always warms my heart when I see that man hyped about something.

I don't even want to see that HS now that you say it gets bad at the end, I don't get people trying to hurt huber.

I was a person who never understood him or his emotional side, it was always weird how he was hyped and now I can't even see huber without being huber, it always warms my heart when I see that man hyped about something.

I don't even want to see that HS now that you say it gets bad at the end, I don't get people trying to hurt huber.

the episode was basically over when he read it. Don't watch the last 1.5 minutes of the ep and you're fine.

MrMette

The episode is certainly worth watching. Like GamingOblivion says, he was wrapping up the episode for some time before and just read this as the final question just before completely wrapping up the episode.

It is a shame that it happed, but it shouldn't stop you from enjoying the rest of the episode (which I thought was going very well and I enjoyed it).

I had read about the comment beforehand as well and I was somewhat waiting for it because of that (just to see what exactly happened). You can enjoy the complete episode until he says the name GameJank around 38:30 in the episode.
I think the episode is worth watching. If you don't want to watch the comment, just quit around 38:30.

To flip what the kid said, Hubers awesome, i just wish there was more of him.
I wish that Syndrome was as in depth as Hype used to be. This weeks episode has a really original topic and something you don't see other Videogame podcasts and shows talking about, but he just touches on it lightly and that's something that's in a lot of Syndrome episodes.
Maybe it's being spoiled by two great weeks of Uncharted and BatmanTAS episodes, but this weeks just felt like filler. Movie talk has completely disappeared too :(

Mista Koo

Just finished listening to the podcast. I dreaded the genre game from the start, but when Kyle says Portal isn't a puzzle game I just.. I can't :/

The Worms stream was disappointing, them not knowing how to play was fun for a while but then it just became infuriating. Although that's not really fair because not everyone played Worms a ton to remember all the weapons.
Also this doesn't look like an especially good Worms game, the vehicles seem very weak and the crafting is kinda pointless in multiplayer with that many weapons.

Kneefoil

Well if they lined it up for P5s release on Feb14th that'd give them just under 6 months to get through the 5 already released main games, the half dozen or so side games and probably the Japanese version of P5 too.
I think it's doable...but it's just my hope. Maybe they want a smaller project.

Seeing how long Deus Ex took, doing a full-fledged Persona retrospective in just 6 months would be pretty insane, IMO. Most of these are really long games, and with Persona 1 and 3 it wouldn't even be enough to do the main story. They would also need to do the Snow Queen Quest and The Answer parts of the games, which add tens of hours more to gather footage and write scripts from.

I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Huber shouldn't take that sort of thing to heart. I think it's clear to even someone who has only dipped his or her toe in the pool of Easy Allies' coverage that Huber is one of the most popular members of the crew, easily.

LiK

I'll need to watching Talking Syndrome now. I need to know what this comment is about.

edit: just heard the comment. hey shit-tier viewer whom I don't wanna mention by name, you can suck my balls. Huber does tremendous work and does some of the best reviews/editorials out there. Love all his content. Why don't you go watch something else instead. You're not a true EZA fan.

jond76

Banned
Havent seen that talking EP yet, but throwing out my support for Huber. Dude is awesome and I love how passionate about things he get. If only everyone was that happy in life.

Burt

I think we should start an international hashtag campaign in support of Huber because I don't think he'll make it if we let this single negative comment stand

Everyone tweet at @DCComics

#RenameSupermanHuberman

wiibomb

I think we should start an international hashtag campaign in support of Huber because I don't think he'll make it if we let this single negative comment stand

Everyone tweet at @DCComics

#RenameSupermanHuberman

wat?

I demand a new superhero named Hype Huber

ElTorro

He was a regular man. Until one day, he was hit by a radioactive hype train. Now he roams the internets with his hype-infused battle axe to defend gaming from cynicism.

wiibomb

His superpower allows him to tap in the Hype Force, which

I don't know

what does the Hype Force do

He was a regular man. Until one day, he was hit by a radioactive hype train. Now he roams the internets with his hype-infused battle axe to defend gaming from cynicism.

He has the power to infuse the people with hype until they explode in millions of confetti pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom