• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
I came here to talk about how it annoys me that Bosman gives up so quickly on Tetris and I see you people arguing about some really inconsequential stuff.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I came here to talk about how it annoys me that Bosman gives up so quickly on Tetris [...]

How does he give up quickly? In his place I'd probably have quit the show already. The jump from 400k to 550k seems massive.

Auctopus

I've got a fair bit of spare time this week so I'm gonna try and do some big work on the OP. I'm trying to make it more readable and approachable for newer fans which probably means getting rid of the pretty (yet sort of useless) banners I made.

I've noticed over the last few months how quickly EZA are picking up newer fans (both brand new and ex-GT fans) and having a hub where they (and all of us) can access all of the content easily would be great.

Sometimes it seems like he can still play and has 30% of the screen empty and just gets himself a tower to end the game. I don't get it. Like in the latest video.
Nothing will beat him being 1 line away from 400k, misplacing one piece and saying "oh no that's the run" and just completely giving up. That had to be like 2 months before he actually did it (at least)

It makes sense though. If Tetris is the kind of game where you need to be in the zone, to the point where it's more instinctual/subconscious (hence the bits) as soon as you're pulled out of that it's hard to just slide back in, especially at such a high level

ElTorro

Sometimes it seems like he can still play and has 30% of the screen empty and just gets himself a tower to end the game. I don't get it. Like in the latest video.

I reckon he practices to get as many Tetris' as possible and to waste as few lines as possible, not to keep the run going as long as possible. That means that he has to take the risk and build up instead of burning two or three lines for which he would get less points than for a Tetris. It's the only way to ever be able to reach 500k.

Nothing will beat him being 1 line away from 400k, misplacing one piece and saying "oh no that's the run" and just completely giving up. That had to be like 2 months before he actually did it (at least)

It makes sense though. If Tetris is the kind of game where you need to be in the zone, to the point where it's more instinctual/subconscious (hence the bits) as soon as you're pulled out of that it's hard to just slide back in, especially at such a high level
Hah yea that one was real frustrating. Especially since it was one of the few times I was up late enough to watch it live

ElTorro

It's funny. I never thought I'd enjoy watching a dude playing Tetris. But Bosman's improvised stories and jokes alone make the stream worth it. (And I usually have the stream running while I am doing something else.)

Really fun Easy Update. A cool idea. I couldn't imagine playing a video game with other of my parents. It's never been a thing that interested them.

Time to check the Easy Allies thread for today...

tumblr_inline_nyjjt9kfF81sjm51m_500.png

Okay not wading into this, I'm out.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Platinumed Yakuza 5 yesterday what a ride(although I finished it a while back I took a Persona 5 break but after finishing that up I went back to Y5 to plat it).
Huber's E3 impression on Zero really put the series on the map for me but I kind of moved on from my PS3 by that point. That said it stayed in the back of my mind for all this time and when PS3 had Yakuza 5 for free I decided to dust off my PS3 and boy glad that I did.

So much fun, especially the over the top story and what an interesting point to meet all of these characters. For me as someone that didn't have any knowledge of the past of these characters the feeling that most of them are true legends in the Yakuza world got amplified a lot. Especially when some of them pull off some truly "goddamn" moments in 5.

I also was among the people that from afar always thought Yakuza was a Japanese take on what GTA was and boy was I wrong about that. Playing through 5 I have to say it's weirdly much closer for me to being a straight up JRPG in so many aspects than anything else.

Kasper

Voted for Megaman Legends in Kyles Fun Game Monday poll. Would really like to see him play and gush over the game

I also nearly voted for that, as MML is fucking awesome, but I couldn't resist voting for the Pokémon game. I wish Kyle would have just picked Pokepark 2 instead of any of these choices, though.

Also, get the fuck out of here Spyro, trash game is trash, stand out in the rain next to Beowulf.

Kneefoil

Voted for Megaman Legends in Kyles Fun Game Monday poll. Would really like to see him play and gush over the game
I was going to go with either that or Pokémon TCG 2. Ended up voting for the latter, although it's probably not a game everyone will enjoy watching. I really like the first game, though, so I'm curious to see what the sequel is like since we never got it in the we... outside of Japan.

Also, I voted yes for getting Spyro in the Hall of Fame. It's a competently enough made game.

Platinumed Yakuza 5 yesterday what a ride(although I finished it a while back I took a Persona 5 break but after finishing that up I went back to Y5 to plat it).
Huber's E3 impression on Zero really put the series on the map for me but I kind of moved on from my PS3 by that point. That said it stayed in the back of my mind for all this time and when PS3 had Yakuza 5 for free I decided to dust off my PS3 and boy glad that I did.

So much fun, especially the over the top story and what an interesting point to meet all of these characters. For me as someone that didn't have any knowledge of the past of these characters the feeling that most of them are true legends in the Yakuza world got amplified a lot. Especially when some of them pull off some truly "goddamn" moments in 5.

I also was among the people that from afar always thought Yakuza was a Japanese take on what GTA was and boy was I wrong about that. Playing through 5 I have to say it's weirdly much closer for me to being a straight up JRPG in so many aspects than anything else.
I too was always under the impression that the Yakuza series was basically a Japanese GTA, but when playing the first Yakuza not too long ago, I soon found out that it's more like a modern-ish take on the beat 'em up genre. I'm interested to see how the later entries are because I've seen people on the net (not just you) saying that the games could be considered RPGs. I don't think the first game had nearly enough RPG elements for me to call it that, but if they add more of them... perhaps.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I too was always under the impression that the Yakuza series was basically a Japanese GTA, but when playing the first Yakuza not too long ago, I soon found out that it's more like a modern-ish take on the beat 'em up genre. I'm interested to see how the later entries are because I've seen people on the net (not just you) saying that the games could be considered RPGs. I don't think the first game had nearly enough RPG elements for me to call it that, but if they add more of them... perhaps.

It's mostly because there are so many little things that are just so reminiscent of classic JRPGs. Starting with encounters transitioning into combat, the progression systems the minigame galore, etc etc. That said most of these system are basically very RPG light in favor of very action oriented design but even when playing 5 the roots where these systems come from felt very recognizable and not in the way you would say that about Call of Duty adapting RPG elements for progression but in a way that's much closer to where it came from.

Like to me in a weird way gameplay systems wise Yakuza feels much closer to something like a Tales game than a GTA game.
That said Yakuza is totally also its own thing in a way when I look at it as whole. Like I don't think I've ever played something quite like it, although I might have played certain parts of it in different games.

AlucardGV

Banned
I came here to talk about how it annoys me that Bosman gives up so quickly on Tetris and I see you people arguing about some really inconsequential stuff.

he has to minmax, can't waste time with mediocre runs. unless he get a better controller and becomes supersayan at mashing he can't survive level 20, so he has to bail low score runs

WarRock

I stopped visiting the last thread but I must drop by just to say that EZA content keeps being the best. Watching the 6 month stream live was worth it, Easy Updates still are great fun (and made me and a friend really interested in What the Box) and I basically have no patience for podcasts longer than 20-30min if they aren't EZA Podcast/Frame Trap.

Cheers guys =)

Edit:
Heck, forgot to mention how amazing the Brad songs are. Heart skipped a beat when I saw Blood loading up Elektroplankton screens!

Hasney

No 100ft Robot Golf for the group stream and the Monkey Ball 2 is for Monkey Fight and not the vastly superior Monkey Target. Booooo.

Went with Luigi's Mansion.

muteki

If anything I would probably quit out more than he does. Too many rivers and lakes early on.

I got a random poll when browsing youtube about Dear Bosman, asking me to compare it to other youtube videos I had seen the past week. I haven't seen such a poll before, but voted it the best video of the week.

I relate to Kyle's take on "Domino" in Dishonored 2. I'd like to play as Emily but her powers do nothing for me. Corvo's iconic mask it is

Roubjon

WRPG faces, ewww.

I feel like the majority of Western developed games don't understand how humans look. They always look moldy. I remember playing Kingdom Hearts 2 10 years ago and being amazed at the faces in the Pirates of the Caribbean world.

Karu

Games that brought me to a particular genre --> Driveclub, Driving, still probably my favourite PS4 Sony-developed exclusive.

Chuck

Still without luck
Blood saw my post last time, but I didn't notice until I put headphones in.

Frame Trap has the same audio issues that last week's EZA pod had. Unbalanced audio.

Blood saw my post last time, but I didn't notice until I put headphones in.

Frame Trap has the same audio issues that last week's EZA pod had. Unbalanced audio.
If it is unbalanced it isn't nearly as noticeable as the EZA Podcast. Didn't even think about it until you mentioned it, listening on my laptop speakers same as everything else

Is this Frame Trap episode supposed to have two hours? It stops after 50 minutes to me.

Yes, it's a YouTube bug and it sounds like they're looking into it. It only affects certain browsers. For me it works fine for Chrome on PC. Alternatively you can listen to the audio on SoundCloud or iTunes.

Budi

Great episode of Frame Trap. I was surprised that they acknowledged the subpar writing in JRPG:s.

I don't think it was entirely fair to criticize Dishonored 2 that much about not having story differences between the characters. Missed opportunity for sure, but how Huber talked about it made it seem that it hurts the game somehow. Like having 2 different playable characters with different skill sets is a negative.

Also, I didn't have any problems with the audio. Sounds fine to me. Watched in Youtube.

Chuck

Still without luck
Since this seems like the best place to ask a Naruto question.

Does Sasuke go back to the good side at the end of the series?

AlucardGV

Banned
Since this seems like the best place to ask a Naruto question.

Does Sasuke go back to the good side at the end of the series?

he fight with naruto the last boss (kaguya or something), then they fight each other and it ends with a draw, power of friendship win and he goes back to konoha

MrMette

When Huber grabs Brad's arm during Frame Trap

Yeah I noticed Brad reacting to it during the video as well, luckily they know each other very well. I am sure Brad knows stuff like that can happen.

But Hubers eyes in that screenshot are really crazy (I didn't notice that before).
It reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining (I don't know why, I am also not sure if that's a good thing, but yeah ;)).
Also fitting with the axe he got ;)

the-shining-2.jpg

I felt a little Final Bosman this Frametrap with Kyle's rants during the Hottake. Love it.

EDIT: What I don't love is the way a portion of the community is spewing hatred towards other outstanding members of the community like Kaylee Murdoch and her art. Not anyone from GAF mind you but it's just not cool y'all. Love and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom