• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

EDIT: What I don't love is the way a portion of the community is spewing hatred towards other outstanding members of the community like Kaylee Murdoch and her art. Not anyone from GAF mind you but it's just not cool y'all. Love and respect.

Who's that? I thought the fans outside of the EZA GAF thread were pretty nice people?

Mista Koo

Ben says just because the Wii was so mainstream doesn't mean everyone should release garbage games on it. The alternative would've been no games, lose-lose situation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to kind of sorta agree. Sucks to see "fun game I grew up with" win over "lesser known game Kyle always talks about"
Well he never played it so...

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Huh... who would have thought Banjo is a fun stream game. Enjoyed that one a lot, hope we're going to continue on that before picking a different game.

Who's that? I thought the fans outside of the EZA GAF thread were pretty nice people?

Kaylee is a relatively famous EZA community member in certain circles outside of GAF. She does a lot of art about the Allies and the Allies all love her art and support her endeavors. I think Brad even uses her art as his Twitter profile. Some people can be very mean.

Well he never played it so...
I know Bosman never played it, I meant fans of the game who like it

I'd want to see him stream Mega Man Legends the same reason people wanted to see him stream LTTP, to get insight on why he feels so strongly about the game

Banjo stream was still good fun though, I haven't played it either

Budi

I'm a little dissapointed Kyle didn't take the chance to fo full Levelle with LWYTG. Just imagine the views.

There's already Angry Joe for that demographic.

Levelle is better though.

Edit: I thought I should point out that this isn't ment to mock people who watch his videos. If someone here happens to be a fan.

Kneefoil

The one thing Jacob should've done that Kyle did was to release a script for the final episode, or to at least tell the audience how the show would've ended. There are still a lot of unresolved plot details. Take Dark Jacob, for example. We still don't know what his motivations were, or where he came from. At least Bosman gave us closure.

Levelle's better than Bosman otherwise, obviously.

Auctopus

Kaylee is a relatively famous EZA community member in certain circles outside of GAF. She does a lot of art about the Allies and the Allies all love her art and support her endeavors. I think Brad even uses her art as his Twitter profile. Some people can be very mean.

Nah, I know who Kaylee is. She came in with the big flux of post-E3 2015 GT watchers. I was talking about the mean people but never mind.

Mista Koo

The Banjo stream was fun, but I stopped after the first level since I want to play it myself.
For those who watched the whole thing: did Kyle address either Yooka-Laylee or Nuts & Bolts?

So the Fun Game Monday stream is up on YouTube and the pre-game stuff was really cut.. :/

Maybe it's still coming, maybe not, either way just in case... https://mega.nz/#!0spE1BCY!_k4ovbspDVgyEmv6NzpK9Kt6ouSA9uv_nnNwzYNXiJU
(if anyone wants to upload it to YouTube..
sorry Kyle
)
If they uploaded it to Youtube it will ruin his joke.

The Banjo stream was fun, but I stopped after the first level since I want to play it myself.
For those who watched the whole thing: did Kyle address either Yooka-Laylee or Nuts & Bolts?

If they uploaded it to Youtube it will ruin his joke.

I've watched like 2/3rds of the video and I'm fairly certain he hasn't addressed Nuts & Bolts, pretty sure nothing about Yooka-Laylee.

wiibomb

So the Fun Game Monday stream is up on YouTube and the pre-game stuff was really cut.. :/

Maybe it's still coming, maybe not, either way just in case... https://mega.nz/#!0spE1BCY!_k4ovbspDVgyEmv6NzpK9Kt6ouSA9uv_nnNwzYNXiJU
(if anyone wants to upload it to YouTube..
sorry Kyle
)

ok I had to download it just to see what everyone was talking about... I'll chek it..

BTW.. amazing stream, I've heard many nice things from BK but I never actually even see the game, now that I see it I'm amazed at how good that game is

EDIT: holy shit... are Xbox systems so fucking obtuse always??? Poor kyle had to endure that whole thing

MrMette

ok I had to download it just to see what everyone was talking about... I'll chek it..

BTW.. amazing stream, I've heard many nice things from BK but I never actually even see the game, now that I see it I'm amazed at how good that game is

EDIT: holy shit... are Xbox systems so fucking obtuse always??? Poor kyle had to endure that whole thing

Is it removed from twitch now? I can't seem to play it anymore (black video). I wanted to rip it with Livestreamer (to watch it myself later, not to put it on Youtube).

Edit: It seems to play in one of my browsers, but not in another one and livestreamer seems to give an error: error: Unable to open URL: https://api.twitch.tv/api/vods/94254908/access_token.json (400 Client Error: Bad Request)
So either Steam changed something, or something is weird.

wiibomb

Is it removed from twitch now? I can't seem to play it anymore (black video). I wanted to rip it with Livestreamer (to watch it myself later, not to put it on Youtube).

Edit: It seems to play in one of my browsers, but not in another one and livestreamer seems to give an error: error: Unable to open URL: https://api.twitch.tv/api/vods/94254908/access_token.json (400 Client Error: Bad Request)
So either Steam changed something, or something is weird.

but the user I quoted uploaded it to mega, check it from there. I downloaded it from there

MrMette

but the user I quoted uploaded it to mega, check it from there. I downloaded it from there

Yeah, I noticed it afterwards. I downloaded it as well.
Thanks.

Still, I want to know why livestreamer doesn't work anymore as I have used it before without problems.

Kneefoil

Yeah, I noticed it afterwards. I downloaded it as well.
Thanks.

Still, I want to know why livestreamer doesn't work anymore as I have used it before without problems.

Twitch changed some stuff a while back (last month, I think). The easiest way to get around it, is to go to livestreamer's configuration file (in Windows it's generally C:\%AppData%\livestreamer\livestreamerrc) and add the line
twitch-oauth-token=*******************
where the *s are your OAuth token, which you can get here.

I grew up with Banjo-Tooie and DK6 and then about 10 years later I played Banjo-Kazooie. And *then* about a year after that I played Mario 64 for the first time. So my 3D platformer
perspective is all messed up.

I can't wait for Yooka-Laylee and I hope Kyle streams it.

Games that brought me to a particular genre --> Driveclub, Driving, still probably my favourite PS4 Sony-developed exclusive.

For me it would be Splatoon. I never liked competitive shooters, nor have I ever played an online multiplayer game (besides some turn-based strategy), and I found myself addicted. We'll have to wait and see if Splatoon was a one-off, or if it has opened the world of shooters to me. Only time will tell.

Was watching the video of Ben playing Dragon Quest Builders while I booted it up for the first time and noticed he promised a stream if the game every got a western release - just saying!

Didn't mean any disrespect, it's just after what happened with the majority of the GT streams I don't trust Twitch archives that much...

edit: on that note, do you guys backup all if any of your videos/streams/content locally?

Most of the GT streams just weren't saved in any permanent format. Past broadcasts get wiped after a month or so. Highlights are preserved indefinitely.

As far as backing up locally, that's up to each person. Pretty sure no one's downloading streams though. That would chew through hard drive space.

AlucardGV

Banned
It's fine to post about what you believe, but the OP's argument was aggressive and insinuated some pretty strong things without offering much support. I think it's pretty logical that people would respond to something like that in a frustrated or dismissive way. It's hard to discuss when someone gives you very little to go off of.

I wouldn't have considered changing the name were it not for other posters offering more reasonable arguments. It actually felt as though they wanted to help.

Hi ben, i know next to nothing about D&D rules but i was wondering, can players buy item and potions? what about weapons, can you buy a better weapon to deal more damage or possibily some status effect? are you guys playing a "lite" version where you don't need all that stuff? i feel they would have a easier life with some potions with them (or maybe you cold go a little harder on them if they're prepared)

Hasney

Holy shit, that cliffhanger.

Hi ben, i know next to nothing about D&D rules but i was wondering, can players buy item and potions? what about weapons, can you buy a better weapon to deal more damage or possibily some status effect? are you guys playing a "lite" version where you don't need all that stuff? i feel they would have a easier life with some potions with them

Yeah, but you need to go for shops. I'm betting there was one in the last town they were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom