• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

I think during a recent Q&A Kyle said that one of them was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.

Somehow I remember something Star Wars related too, but can't confirm.

I think it was a pic of Star Wars 1313 if I remember correctly.

That would sound very familiar.

Edit: Yeah that was it "GameTrailers leaked earlier today that the next LucasArts game to be released will be called Star Wars 1313. Supposedly the announcement was to come through on Spike TV's pre-E3 Game Trailers TV show."

Karu

I would never buy a fighting game full price in my life, but it's really cool to experience the Injustice 2 campaign anyway. Produktion values are insane, well-done.

ArjanN

I would never buy a fighting game full price in my life, but it's really cool to experience the Injustice 2 campaign anyway. Produktion values are insane, well-done.

Fighting games are like the best value for money though.

Although honestly I feel IJ2 still seems better as a vehicle for DC fanservice than as an actual fighting game.

dickroach

Any online game is a great value proposition. Most people are fighting game scrubs tho and only play the single player mode and couch multi-player. I got MKX for $20, SFV for $10, KI with gold... That's the sweet spot

Another great full playthrough Friday/Saturday. They peaked at around 1300 concurrent viewers near the end. I've been loving this recent trend the past month or so. Getting those classic GT stream vibes

Dmax3901

Watching the latest podcast, hope someone's clipped out Huber's words on people who dismiss/mock their reactions to big announcements.

Will come in handy the next time someone calls them fakers.

Although honestly I feel IJ2 still seems better as a vehicle for DC fanservice than as an actual fighting game.
Best value in what sense? Hours played? Seems like MOBAs win that handily.

Fighting games are like racing sims to me. Except that I can actually get into racing sims... huge value when it clicks, basically worthless if it doesn't, and the only way you know is to try.

Watching the latest podcast, hope someone's clipped out Huber's words on people who dismiss/mock their reactions to big announcements.

Will come in handy the next time someone calls them fakers.

I hope the the Allies don't take that stuff to heart. I think anyone who watches EZA (and presumably the past GT stuff) can see how genuine they are.

Even before I started watching EZA, it made me upset when people called the Huber/GT reactions fake. Like, in a world where we have peoples reactions from theatres watching the Sony conference, you look at the GT stuff and think that's fake? When so many others are reacting in a similar fashion?

I had a similar (possibly more intense) reaction to the FF7/Shenmue combo than the GT vid so maybe that's why it bother me when people call it fake. Being told your enthusiasm for something is fake cause they didn't react the same way... 🙄🙄

wandering

Banned
I hope the the Allies don't take that stuff to heart. I think anyone who watches EZA (and presumably the past GT stuff) can see how genuine they are.

Even before I started watching EZA, it made me upset when people called the Huber/GT reactions fake. Like, in a world where we have peoples reactions from theatres watching the Sony conference, you look at the GT stuff and think that's fake? When so many others are reacting in a similar fashion?

I had a similar (possibly more intense) reaction to the FF7/Shenmue combo than the GT vid so maybe that's why it bother me when people call it fake. Being told your enthusiasm for something is fake cause they didn't react the same way... 🙄🙄

I mean Huber recognized Shenmue from three musical notes and a flower petal, you can't fake that.

Aren't all MOBAs besides a couple F2P though? Kinda hard to compare them.
That was basically my point, free + hundreds of hundreds of hours of gameplay -- if you get into them.

But that 'if you get into them' is the problem, both with MOBAs and fighting games. The learning curve is too high to recommend to a layman.

I mean Huber recognized Shenmue from three musical notes and a flower petal, you can't fake that.

Such an amazing moment. Huber's enthusiasm really inspires me to be less cyncical about stuff.
The whole FFVIIR/Shenmue III reaction is what endeared me to them in the first place. Wasn't really familiar with the GT crew before that at all (outside of Jones' voice).

Budi

I hope though that EZA doesn't feel any pressure and need to react like they did with Shenmue / FF7 just because some of their fans expect them to. It was indeed a great moment and Huber is clearly very exceptional case with his very visible passion, it's contagious too especially in the moment and in a group. I just don't want other allies starting to compete with him in that. As long as it's all genuine I'm fine with it. There's so many Youtube / Twitch personas playing up their reactions since that brings them clicks. But I absolutely have faith that EZA is above that so I'm not really worried.

And another hope is that people don't start singling out and mock anyone if they are more reserved when others are jumping in ecstasy. (Or even a bit negative.) This happened with Elyse, but ofcourse she is a woman too so that played a part in calling her "fake gamer" and such because she didn't blow up from the announcements.

Mista Koo

Personally I don't doubt that the hype is genuine, but it's just not for me. On the other extreme I was disappointed when no one in my viewing party seemed to care when FFVII remake was announced.

Deimo5

One of my favourite moments last year was Huber's tale of the Yakuza Zero demo (and he is still talking about the game now).
I wonder if Kiwami will be there this year lol.

I think they've done a good job not forcing it and staying genuine. I do think as a whole during the live press events they go in wanting to be positive but it doesn't end up there. See Jones's Grear EA rants last year during their event. And I can see why it's not for everyone but I love their reaction videos. It's cliche but the TLG/FF7/Shenmue reaction video is what got me to become a diehard GT and now EZA follower. I knew and watched The Final Bosman since it started with Kyle as a no named show talking about Sony dos and donts for the PS4 reveal. But after that moment and the GAF thread about it I ended up watching all their E3 footage that year. Learned who Huber, Ben, Elyse etc were. And afterwards watched all their original shows and then migrated to their streams in about a month time.

Hasney

I hope they can figure out why the new camera desyncs over time before E3 reactions...

Kyle said he turned on hardware acceleration at the end of the Gundam stream and it seemed fine after that even if it was only half an hour. 90 minutes into the Injustice stream and it's not desynced yet.

Kneefoil

Kyle said he turned on hardware acceleration at the end of the Gundam stream and it seemed fine after that even if it was only half an hour. 90 minutes into the Injustice stream and it's not desynced yet.

They had to resync once during the Injustice 2 stream. I guess the hardware acceleration may have helped a bit, though.

Hasney

They had to resync once during the Injustice 2 stream. I guess the hardware acceleration may have helped a bit, though.

Ah, I think I know what's happening then. The camera is taking it's timing from the CPU (now GPU with the setting) but if a cycle is delayed, it doesn't compensate like a webcam would as it's not designed for that. It could probably be fixed in drivers if the company was designing it for that.

Hopefully they can get what they planned to get before falling back on the camera.

Joqu

Oh man, been a while since I checked the Patreon numbers, that's a good bump what a nice surprise. Is it Bosman's show that's doing it?

It would be wonderful if we could hit Trailer Jones around E3.

Oh man, been a while since I checked the Patreon numbers, that's a good bump what a nice surprise. Is it Bosman's show that's doing it?

It would be wonderful if we could hit Trailer Jones around E3.
There's a bit of inflation to hit the one time 44k goal. I expect it heading back to 43k ish next month again. Which is still awesome

If we're talking sports games, I'd like to see NBA 2K16's 'Livin' da Dream' (the MyCareer mode).

I want to see their reaction/hear their thoughts on the worst 'best friend' character in video games.

But they all seem to have, at least, an understanding about basketball. They seem to be completely oblivious when it comes to football which is why I think it'd be a great watch.

If we're talking sports games, I'd like to see NBA 2K16's 'Livin' da Dream' (the MyCareer mode).

I want to see their reaction/hear their thoughts on the worst 'best friend' character in video games.

omg I just recently played through that. Awful story mode, but it did make me laugh a lot.

WarRock

Tbh I think everybody who spent enough time in Shenmue recognized that damn petal as soon as it appeared. I know I did and my reaction was pretty similar to Huber's.

"OK, maybe the dragon won't rise" is one of the best lines.
Yes, I rewatched that at least four times hahaha. So good.

Man of Steel is a great superhero movie and BvS gets too much undeserved hate. The general consensus will change with time.
I think it's easier to like the movies when I don't actually care about Superman and friends. I just really like the way his movies look. The first half of Man Of Steel is boring but as soon as the aliens land it becomes the greatest DBZ movie ever. Doomsday in BvS is basically Broly. I thought that while watching and a minute later there was a beam struggle. Lol

ShadyK54

Been cycling through last year's conference reactions and impressions lately. It's been really getting me hype for the E3 coverage & impressions for this year. Only a couple of weeks away!

Catching up on EZA with the Injustice coverage. Kyle and Huber always makes a nice stream.

Who's the brown doggo at the beginning of the full playthrough?

I think it's easier to like the movies when I don't actually care about Superman and friends. I just really like the way his movies look. The first half of Man Of Steel is boring but as soon as the aliens land it becomes the greatest DBZ movie ever. Doomsday in BvS is basically Broly. I thought that while watching and a minute later there was a beam struggle. Lol
Yup, Man of Steel and BvS are the closest live action movies have gotten to DBZ since the Neo vs Smith fight in Matrix Revolutions lol. These are the fight sequences I've always wanted in a live action Superman movie.

ito007

If they do video, they'd have to make a clause to not introduce trailers. There are certainly ways to use trailers in a fair way, but I'm afraid of that line being crossed when evaluating.

Edit: by "crossing the line" I referring to the trailer distracting the audience into giving it a more favorable outlook that may not be deserved

Mista Koo

Didn't vote. I'm still not into the idea, especially as it replaces the group stream.

I might be into it if it had a modifier to eliminate the predictable answers. Like maybe from the last 5 years only.

Hasney

Voted for video under the assumption that it would only be at least modified video. If they've only got 5 minutes, ain't no one wasting time with just a trailer when they have stuff to out forward anyway. A well shot and edited video putting across their views could be fun.

Still, hopefully as good as the last one. That was my favourite group stream of the quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom