• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Didn't vote. I'm still not into the idea, especially as it replaces the group stream.

I might be into it if it had a modifier to eliminate the predictable answers. Like maybe from the last 5 years only.

It's still a group stream though. They come together and they stream, they just aren't playing any games. =P

Axass

Visual aid only. I'd have voted videos too if it was restricted to self-made.

BTW - I'll miss Jones during E3, I hope he does show up at least once, he's quickly becoming my favourite Ally. =/

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm voting visual aids permitted but no video as I feel like allowing video gives an edge to the editors of EZA + I rather want the main argument to be something delivered life rather something prerecorded and edited as it's puts people more on the spot which likely creates more comedic moments.

demu

It's still a group stream though. They come together and they stream, they just aren't playing any games. =P
And I very much prefer those non-gaming streams. Hall of Greats, Trial of Kyle Bosman, E3 Awards and so on were all fantastic. Way better than Beat 'em up #24.

Hasney

I'm voting visual aids permitted but no video as I feel like allowing video gives an edge to the editors of EZA + I rather want the main argument to be something delivered life rather something prerecorded and edited as it's puts people more on the spot which likely creates more comedic moments.

Well there's still 5 minutes of rebuttal anyway

Nbz

Really hope they don't go with video as it adds another point of failure regarding technical issues with the stream (which they've had issues with in the past). I'd prefer pure and simple just speech, but with that losing, the second option is what I'll get behind

Budi

And I very much prefer those non-gaming streams. Hall of Greats, Trial of Kyle Bosman, E3 Awards and so on were all fantastic. Way better than Beat 'em up #24.

Yeah me too actually, I don't usually get anything from watching others play. Exception being some of the EZA tournaments, like For Honor.

Through twitter feed I finally have visual evidence of what a taco pizza is. Hah what madness is this Ben?

DAUu0uaUIAArf_V

Anticol

Banned
Me too, they seem more into those type of stream then in a random one with a terribe game. They are also more entertaining to watch.

Hasney

I thought they were going to lenghten the discussion time, or am I remembering it wrong?

Now, they just evened the presentation and rebuttal time. 10 minutes each and 9 guys means it's already 90 minutes without intro, voting, time between, voting and outro

ShadyK54

Really liked the last Hall of Greats as a break from the usual group streams, with the only issue last time being absences from a few of the Allies. It'll be interesting to see what everyone picks as their game this go around.

Mista Koo

I mean the only reason this stream exists is because they can't select a games menu that would ensure a good time for them. Thus the regular group streams are often treated as an obligation.

arkon

I mean the only reason this stream exists is because they can't select a games menu that would ensure a good time for them. Thus the regular group streams are often treated as an obligation.

That might not even be one of the reasons the Hall of Greats stream exists, never mind the only reason it does. Way too presumptuous.

Mista Koo

That might not even be one of the reasons the Hall of Greats stream exists, never mind the only reason it does. Way too presumptuous.
Is it? The 3 streams directly before the first one were: Wild Guns, Single player Mario & Sonic, and Power Rangers.

Is it? The 3 streams directly before the first one were: Wild Guns, Single player Mario & Sonic, and Power Rangers.
Yea and? Kyle is essentially the group stream producer. He picked all those games that won those streams you listed and also created the hall of greats, the tournaments, betting specials, etc. In year two he has expressed interest in mixing it up to more like hall of greats and other ideas he's thrown out like the Mario maker stream. If it was really just the games getting picked, they'd just correct that and not invent other shows. That takes way less work and effort for the crew.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I'd love group streams to really change up in year 2.

The old "pick 3 crap games to stream for 2 hours vote" has kind of worn out its welcome.

75% of the time, I don't even watch live. I just watch the archive and skim through it.

But Hall of greats, mario maker stream, pokemon card game stream, trial of bosman, dioramas, etc. That shit is GREAT. More of that is needed. Even something that is super unconventional.

For the group streams, I vastly prefer the latest games or stuff that's more conductive to a streaming environment. Some games are just not stream friendly.

I really liked the latest Injustice 2 stream and I think that would've been a perfect stream had they gone online for a few matches.

Karu

A little disappointed Just Speech looses by so much. Well, I would be happy to be proven wrong with some great self-created visual aides and videos, but I am skeptic for the moment...

A little disappointed Just Speech looses by so much. Well, I would be happy to be proven wrong with some great self-created visual aides and videos, but I am skeptic for the moment...

I feel like we've experienced multiple occasions where the allies have shown off their creative ability. The Brad song and diorama group streams are specific examples of that. I more than welcome the idea of them bringing in supplemental materials that they think will better suit their argument.

I hope the the Allies don't take that stuff to heart. I think anyone who watches EZA (and presumably the past GT stuff) can see how genuine they are.

Even before I started watching EZA, it made me upset when people called the Huber/GT reactions fake. Like, in a world where we have peoples reactions from theatres watching the Sony conference, you look at the GT stuff and think that's fake? When so many others are reacting in a similar fashion?

I had a similar (possibly more intense) reaction to the FF7/Shenmue combo than the GT vid so maybe that's why it bother me when people call it fake. Being told your enthusiasm for something is fake cause they didn't react the same way... 🙄🙄

I have been to Sony's theater experience each year and I can definitely say there were equal and far bigger reactions than them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN5tam4Fo7g
I had the same reaction to this same exact trailer myself.

Honestly in this moment I was all of their E3 2015 reactions combined
vlcsnap-82477.png

#Gaseous Snake!

Nbz

Just caught up on TTE. Anyone else think that the
dough creatures were inspired by the Nopon, given Ben's recent love affair with Xenoblade? They live in a tree, are small and round, have funny voices and have a leader who is larger than the rest. Just thought the parallels were funny!

Karu

I feel like we've experienced multiple occasions where the allies have shown off their creative ability. The Brad song and diorama group streams are specific examples of that. I more than welcome the idea of them bringing in supplemental materials that they think will better suit their argument.
I don't question that, but I am more concerned with the structure of the debatte and stream itself, especially with just two/three days of heads-up.

We will see. If it is a success, awesome!

Mista Koo

Yea and? Kyle is essentially the group stream producer. He picked all those games that won those streams you listed and also created the hall of greats, the tournaments, betting specials, etc. In year two he has expressed interest in mixing it up to more like hall of greats and other ideas he's thrown out like the Mario maker stream. If it was really just the games getting picked, they'd just correct that and not invent other shows. That takes way less work and effort for the crew.
Not sure how the underlined has anything to do with what I'm saying. The post you quoted was me explaining how I don't think I'm being "way too presumptuous."
I don't think they were able to correct that. They didn't "invent other shows" if they are replacing episodes of the "existing show." And yes, it takes more effort, but it's a collective effort. Usually it's just Kyle trying to come up with the "programming" and often the others loudly airing out how they are not enjoying it but "the audience voted for it."

That's enough quotation marks for one life time.

arkon

And those three streams were sandwiched in between the Crazy Taxi, Pokemon Snap and For Honor streams the latter of which was just before the hall of greats if my dates are right. All of those were received really positively. Followed shortly by the Switch streams right after.

You're saying their solution to the problem that "they can't select a games menu that would ensure a good time for them" was to create an event stream as a replacement and one that will be held about 4 or 5 times a year. How much of a solution is that? My main issue was you saying it was the only reason the stream existed. I call that being presumptuous and I stand by that.

I don't think group streams have to be a HIT every time. I like the way it's going, tournament once a month (usually they're great), something different (hall of greats, Mario maker competition, dioramas) and the normal, slower paced just chillin and playing games (and sometimes that's great, like the Injustice 2 stream)

Not every steam had to have something at stake even if it helps make the stream more hype. I wouldn't change much, Kyle is already on it.

Hasney

Yeah, I'm glad there's more streams dedicated to not just playing a game. The Mario Maker one was great so if they have any more ideas like that, then awesome.

EDIT: Speaking of, did they say the GOG sponsored streams were going to be monthly? Thought I heard or read that. if so, we due one this weekend? Not on the schedule.

Budi

God dammit, there seems to be a big downside playing Bayonetta in Steam. My front page has been filled with absolute filth as recommendations, moe and shit. Because of the nudity and sexual content tags in Bayonetta. And whatever this is, http://store.steampowered.com/app/529000/Bad_ass_babes/ can't take those user reviews seriously. Is Huber looking for a new beat em up, maybe he could review it so we'd know if it's any good?

Visceir

Kinda weird to have the allies know eachother for years and call themselves friends but then be completely clueless about things like when someone's birthday is.

Budi

Kinda weird to have the allies know eachother for years and call themselves friends but then be completely clueless about things like when someone's birthday is.

To be perfectly fair, I only know the date of births of my parents. None of my friends and not even any of my 3 sisters. I know my own too!

wiibomb

while birthdays are very important for me, I know a lot of people who just don't care about them, I think the allies are like that.

ShadyK54

he is an E3 judge now...

Yeah, I'll actually miss him at lot too.

do we know the EZA plans yet? or may be too early?

We'll probably get the concrete details for all that when we're a little closer to the week. Kyle did say they probably will do live reactions for the Nintendo stuff this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom