• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently got into Easy Allies and I have to say I'm really enjoying them. The recent podcast was hilarious with Kyle trolling about the DCEU. The injustice stream was great for me as someone not interested in buying the game but really interested in seeing the story played out.

He's going to be doing the e3 activities so he won't be on stream

syvoz.jpg

Recently got into Easy Allies and I have to say I'm really enjoying them. The recent podcast was hilarious with Kyle trolling about the DCEU. The injustice stream was great for me as someone not interested in buying the game but really interested in seeing the story played out.

Welcome!

And yea, the Injustice 2 stream is pretty good. I also enjoyed the Outlast 2 playthrough, so check that out if horror is your thing.

Hasney

Oh wait, Jones might not be on the after show floor streams. I remember him mentioning Pachters party, so he might be too busy greasing palms.

Budi

We are glad to have you, welcome! Hopefully you stay around in this thread too.

ShadyK54

Oh wait, Jones might not be on the after show floor streams. I remember him mentioning Pachters party, so he might be too busy greasing palms.

Yup. But hey, if it leads to bigger and better things in the future of EZA, then Brand Manager better grease up to the highest potential.

was rewatching netflix show wet hot american summer with some friends recently and made the connection that michael ian black looks so much like brad

MrMette

How the hell didn't Nintendo make a Pokemon Snap sequel using the 3DS AR stuff? That seems so painfully obvious

I never understood why they didn't release it on the Wii U with the tablet controller either (although in hindsight it probably is a good thing they didn't).

The switch will probably work fine as well, but they were showing some AR stuff in their videos before the Wii U launched and imo it should have worked well.

That said, I remember reading an interview with the creator of Pokemon snap in which it didn't seem he was looking to make a new pokemon snap anytime soon.

Ray Down

Banned
How the hell didn't Nintendo make a Pokemon Snap sequel using the 3DS AR stuff? That seems so painfully obvious

They don't have a new idea for it to make it interesting they say.

They said it just being the same would be boring since devices all over can take pictures.

emb

They don't have a new idea for it to make it interesting they say.

They said it just being the same would be boring since devices all over can take pictures.
Such a shame. That game is great for showing off Pokemon in their quaint little natural environments, and giving you this kinda safari adventure thing. It's one of those (relatively few) games that I think would benefit a ton just from getting a sequel on modern hardware with high-end graphics. And there are so many new Pokemon they could choose from too now.

Budi

To hell with RDR, they haven't even spoken about the possible PC release yet. But that new Far Cry is super interesting. That all can change when I see actual gameplay trailer though, not a big fan of the franchise. But right at this moment, im hyped!

Axass

Enjoy your stay!

EDIT: Speaking of, did they say the GOG sponsored streams were going to be monthly? Thought I heard or read that. if so, we due one this weekend? Not on the schedule.

They put it up, I say it's a nice choice this time, better than Double Dragon:

FTL
1am - 3am on Twitch
Mini-Group: Choose our fate

Hasney

FTLs fun, but I do prefer co-op multiplayer. Shame the Double Dragon ports sucked as the actual arcade versions would have been a blast.

Bahorel

I'm excited that the red dead and far cry news came on a Monday so that they can be freshly discussed in the podcast! So much news always comes after they record but this time it's right on time

Or maybe he knows that Destiny 2 will also be delayed until 2018, and RDR2 will release a week after it.
:lol

I think R* is just ducking competition so they can lock down GotY

E: real talk: if Benzies really did have a huge role in 'saving' past R* entries, it doesn't shock me that the deadline slipped with him out of the picture.

abrack08

:lol

I think R* is just ducking competition so they can lock down GotY

E: real talk: if Benzies really did have a huge role in 'saving' past R* entries, it doesn't shock me that the deadline slipped with him out of the picture.

I don't actually believe that, but the first thing I thought was "Hey, more GotYs for Zelda and Persona probably."

Actually that was my second though,
my first was about Jones dodging a bullet by not having accidentally leaked the release date.

ShadyK54

With the RDR2 delay that puts Zelda as a lock for EZA's GOTY. Might as well give it out now.

The only drama will be the remainder of the nominations

Yup. They should save themselves that time when the stream comes & not even deliberate on the category since everyone knows it'll be unanimous. :p

Depends if Mario hits.

It'll probably be Zelda though seeing as Ian and Huber are swing voters.
I actually think Zelda might have a handicap with EZA, because (prediction)
the hardcore Zelda fans (thinking of Brad and Damiani in particular) don't like it as much as everybody else, and may not be able to make a strong case for it. Who's going to champion it?

This may be a moot question if some unholy Jones-Ian tag team starts dropping elbows from the top rope...

Aside: I think in a sense it's a much more controversial game (vs just 'creative', 'revolutionary', etc) than it gets credit for, because it's a shot across the bow of its own fanbase.

Yeaaaa, with the way BotW has been praised, I can't see it being anything but that or Mario. I'm rooting for Mario personally just due to my dislike of the former. And with the way it's looking, I do think it'll end up sweeping. It's also got that late year timing that always helps with GOTY awards.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Welcome and enjoy your stay! Feel free to ask anything if you're stumped on possible inside jokes and what not as we're in year two of EZA lore and memes. Lot's of stuff has been piling up.

I absolutely love Injustice 2, thought it innovated as much as a fighting game could and had a TOP TIER presentation during its campaign. Happy to see it appreciated in the review, but man, I was pulling for 5 stars haha

Why even mention the GameTrailers score in the Mario Kart review? The two new reviews are great, but that's just a weird addition to the Mario Kart one.

Karu

We talked about this a few weeks back, but the difference in Brandon's VO performance -
or may I rather say the recording quality on Injustice 2 and the Mario Kart review is jarring. It sounds like he recorded the latter at five in morning and knowing his work shedule, he probably did lol. Disclaimer: If I imagine things, well, let me know! :D Reviews themselves are great, though, and Brandon did a great job with the Injustice 2 review.

The music sounded a bit too loud in that Mario Kart review. Quite hard to make out what Jones was saying.

Or it might just be because I love the music in the game so much I was subconsciously concentrating more on that than Jones.

Philippo

So i wasn't the only one who found Jones voice in the MK review to sound extremely tired lol. Especially since i watched both that and Injustice 2 in a row.

Speaking of Injustice 2, i watched the full playthrough and man that campaign is seriously impressive! Had a blast noticing how high quality everything was: direction, writing, facial animations, graphics, VO performance, all top tier stuff.

Auctopus

I agree that talking about the Mario Kart GT score was a little strange. Like, it's not really a bad thing but for the most part I feel like EZA has tried to sever most links from Gametrailers (besides the odd "Yes, that is Brandon Jones" in the Youtube comments) so it just seems weird to bring it up now. I'm sure there are people who don't know about GT either or just like "Eh?". Great review - the only game that kind of makes me want a Switch atm.

Also, I'm glad Injustice 2 has a healthy amount of SP content as I don't think I'd ever wanna play a NRS Fighter competitively. Might pick it up when it's a bit cheaper.

Speaking of memes, what does 'BM'/'the BM' mean? Think I missed that one.

and for clarity, it's not an EZA meme (or really a meme at all). It's used by the whole online gaming community.

I agree that talking about the Mario Kart GT score was a little strange. Like, it's not really a bad thing but for the most part I feel like EZA has tried to sever most links from Gametrailers (besides the odd "Yes, that is Brandon Jones" in the Youtube comments) so it just seems weird to bring it up now. I'm sure there are people who don't know about GT either or just like "Eh?". Great review - the only game that kind of makes me want a Switch atm.

I think Damiani brought it up since he reviewed it in both cases, but I can see how it might seem strange without that extra piece of information.

Budi

I don't mind the mentioning of the GT score at all. It was actually info that I liked to have since the reviewer is the same after all, would have probably looked it up if not mentioned. But sure, it can stick out as odd in the review since they don't usually do this.

And it always feels to me that it's more the fans who are the ones distancing EZA from GT. I'm pretty sure Allies are proud of their heritage and don't want to brush it under a carpet. And so am I. Without GT, I probably wouldn't be in this thread right now. Gametrailers isn't a dirty word.

Auctopus

And it always feels to me that it's more the fans who are the ones distancing EZA from GT. I'm pretty sure Allies are proud of their heritage and don't want to brush it under a carpet. And so am I. Without GT, I probably wouldn't be in this thread right now. Gametrailers isn't a dirty word.

I don't think it is either, in fact I'm pretty bummed that the Slusser Cup seems to be being phased out for the EZA Title belt as I felt the SC was a great trophy from the GT Era.

I didn't mean the Allies are ashamed or trying to hide it, it's just they rarely mention it so it was sort of inconsistent when it's just randomly brought up. But mainly, yeah, the new fans who could be like "Who?".

Could just be written as "...the original game was given an 8.6 by US at Gametrailers...", it's just that the outlet is mentioned with no connection for people who don't know.

Anyway, it's really not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom