• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erdogan: Europeans 'will not walk safely' if current attitude persists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

God I hope so.

Saw these poll numbers on Wikipedia (red is "No") and looks like you may be right. His tantrums are actually aiding the opposing.

Opinion_pollar.png

Watch him stuff the ballot boxes. He'll become President for life, mark my words.

Caayn

Two Turkish mosque organizations in the Netherlands have responded to Erdogan's comments. Both organizations have fifty mosques under them in the Netherlands. The largest, with 145 mosques and controlled by the Turkish government, refused to comment on the matter.

Yusuf Altuntas - Board member - conservative-Islamic Milli Görüs Mosques said:
This is not the correct language for a president.
Fikri Demirtas - Chairman - Foundation Islamic Centrum Netherlands said:
We are also Europeans: we've lived here for over fifty years. Will we also be met with violence?
Trouw said:
The organisations fear that the comments made by Erdogan will harm the Turkish communities in the Netherlands

https://www.trouw.nl/religie-en-filosofie/nederlandse-moskeeen-kritisch-over-erdogan~a26c381f/ (Dutch news source)

yes he did..
if eu decide to let turkey in while erdogan has anything to have with it, it will be a sad day..
but even with europe top brass being far too lenient usually, I doubt they will let this slide and turkey membership request will be on hiatus for a long time...

EU won't allow Turkey - current eurocrats didn't spent years rigging system so they can enforce their will on any country in EU only to allow what would be voting superpower.

CTLance

I truly pity all tourism related businesses in Turkey. Erdogan throwing around the "dangers of visiting Turkey" like that, he's not even trying to shield them from the fallout now. When the outlook was grim before, it's probably far worse after this little stunt.

It's so sad that we are at a point where the freshly elected German president has to use a good chunk of his first speech to directly address the (for better or worse) legally elected president of Turkey, while said president is throwing around Nazi comparisons and thinly veiled threats like they're going out of style. Yikes.

Jackpot

Banned
Then why do I feel my country is being "managed" by Troika?

holy shit, a real life believer of Colbert's "truthiness"

Wikipedia said:
Truthiness is a quality characterizing a "truth" that a person making an argument or assertion claims to know intuitively "from the gut" or because it "feels right" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1]

Vitten

I truly pity all tourism related businesses in Turkey. Erdogan throwing around the "dangers of visiting Turkey" like that, he's not even trying to shield them from the fallout now. When the outlook was grim before, it's probably far worse after this little stunt.

Last time I was staying in some resort in the Turkish riviera a few years ago already 75% of the hotel guests were Russian.
Will probably be 95% by now.

Eccocid

well i am 100% sure he will win due to cheating. probably russia will help him, since they really love messing with other countries polls.

all his tantrums is to show everyone is enemny of turkey and fueling nationalism. you cant imagine how idiot are his followers ( well think of die hard Trumpers). ppl are losing their jobs, no income, losing their homes yet they still continue tonsupport him. so even if economy gets worse it diesnt change much.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
EU summons Turkish ambassador over Erdogan safety remarks

“We have asked the Turkish permanent delegate to the EU to come… as we would like to receive an explanation with regard to the comments by President Erdoğan concerning the safety of Europeans on the streets of the world,” EU foreign affairs spokeswoman Maja Kocijancic said.

His remarks were made just hours before an attack outside the British parliament yesterday in which a car deliberately ran down pedestrians. The driver proceeded to get out, and stabbed a police officer, killing three people before being shot dead.

it's high time for the EU help Greece and Bulgaria beef up border security, I am serious,

if the EU is to be united and secure, there must be coordinate effort to re-inforce the borders outside of the Schengen Area

CTLance

Don't mind me, suffering from a mild case of Erdowahn.
What about Greece then? The Turkey deal is the only thing that prevents the situation from collapsing.
How about this. A combined Marshall plan/Turkey deal.

Let's consider this:
Greece needs money. Badly. And probably, after the long dark age, a lot of infrastructure and everything else.
rEU has all that money and a fear of unwashed immergrents that simultaneously mooch welfare and take away all the jerbs.
Soon, EU will lack the cultural melting pot expertise of ex-colonial UK. And their exalted universities.

So:
The rEU pay Greece to handle the influx of immigrants/refugees. Any person wishing to enter the EU for any reason whatsoever must do so through the hallowed halls of the newly reformed impartial Spartan scholar state.

Those that get accepted get a free education in at least one European language and a basic skillset of their choice (alternatively, re-certification/localisation of pre-existing skills) as well as a "welcome to Europe" basic life skill/ethics/integration package with related certification. rEU pays any and all related expenses, including but not limited to schooling, medical and housing projects, heavy duty farming/food industry subsidies and a vastly improved transportation system, plus a certain fee for every properly indoctrinated europified ex-immigrant.

Rejects get catapulted across the Bosporus. rEU vows to protect nuGreece from any related backlash (military spending and walls, yay!).

We'd need a good name for this programme. How about the Plataea plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom