• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN: "Spygate to Deflategate: Inside what split the NFL and Patriots apart"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikki

a friend visited boston this weekend.

he tried to talk to pats fans objectively at a sports bar near the stadium after seeing the sox.

almost had to shoot his way out, the idiot.

What a horrible idea, but not because it's specifically Boston.

Actually...

COYjHSOXAAElOw1.png

That's pretty funny.

a friend visited boston this weekend.

he tried to talk to pats fans objectively at a sports bar near the stadium after seeing the sox.

almost had to shoot his way out, the idiot.

Is your friend brain damaged or something? Who fucking goes to talk "objectively" about the local sports team, at a local sports bar?

ParityBit

Wow, good click-bait ESPN.

Many ex-employees huh? Care to name some? Oh right, ESPN got the information from a single insider source at the NFL and ran with. Must have been Mort who did the leg work with the NFL.

4 rings and a soon to be be disposed Commissioner. It keeps getting better and better MOR SALT!

Arc

Video taping signals was legal until 2006.

But let's ignore that because the Patriots beat us.

SyNapSe

NFL is mad so they're going to point out how badly they covered up the Pats cheating nearly a decade ago. I mean, that's not exactly a good look

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Video taping signals was legal until 2006.

But let's ignore that because the Patriots beat us.

How about literally stealing from the opposing locker room? When was that legal?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
So I guess ESPN's apology and retraction on its false information on Spygate to the Patriots which it just issued 8 years later must have crossed in the mail with this story.

Jonm1010

Banned
When a reputable news outlet reports this, I will take it seriously.

Until then, LOL.
Lol to you.

Something tells me that wouldn't change shit if the NYtimes posted this or ESPN. ESPN actually has a lot more to lose publishing this story.

KHarvey16

LOL, and maybe one day you'll outgrow your devil's advocate bullshit shtick that defines your entire persona.

I don't argue positions I don't hold. Typical though that someone like you focuses on changing the subject. More important to discuss the person than the argument you're embarrassing yourself in.

Branduil

I don't argue positions I don't hold. Typical though that someone like you focuses on changing the subject. More important to discuss the person than the argument you're embarrassing yourself in.

Sorry for not engaging your deep argument of "no one is objective about Patriots cheating except Patriots fans."

You have to be a pretty colossal fuck up to mess up a job as cushy as "NFL commissioner" and yet he does he time and time again. Kudos, Roger.

ParityBit

How about literally stealing from the opposing locker room? When was that legal?

Where is the name of the person doing it? What was the date and time? Where is the proof? Why has this person not come out and said they did it? Where is the book?

Not everyone who leaves the Patriots enjoyed their time, sop why have the disgruntled people not come out and say something?

If teams know the Pats are stealing their plays, why not leave a fake playbook lying about? They could label it "this is the real playbook."

The NFL needs a good Shawn Michaels.

So busy trying to defend the scumbag Pats you didn't even read the article. I suspect you're not alone. Shame.

KHarvey16

Sorry for not engaging your deep argument of "no one is objective about Patriots cheating except Patriots fans."

That's not the argument. You've constructed that strawman because of your belief that only a Pats fan would disagree with you. It says a lot about how you justify your delusions.

ESPN is the one who reported bullshit and got Deflategate made into such a big deal.

im still waiting on the list of sports news outlets more reputable now.

the boston globe?

i have no dog in this fight i just really dont see how you can poke holes through the legitimacy of this article by saying BUT NUUH

Sanjuro

That's not the argument. You've constructed that strawman because of your belief that only a Pats fan would disagree with you. It says a lot about how you justify your delusions.

Not worth it. He is a master of moving field goal posts and deception. Basically, the perfect Patriots employee.

gatti-man

Lol to you.

Something tells me that wouldn't change shit if the NYtimes posted this or ESPN. ESPN actually has a lot more to lose publishing this story.

How so? ESPN is the biggest story teller and embelisher in sports. They are the lap dog of the NFL.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lol to you.

Deflategate pretty much proved that ESPN gives no shits about accuracy in reporting about the NFL, and that there are no repercussions for their made up stories.

It all finally makes sense how a sixth round Draft pick QB can win so many super bowls.

I think it's time to strip the patriots of their super bowl wins.

Texans fan here.. lol let it go man, this obsession with one team is weird as hell. I don't care, show what you got on the field.

well, when your team is irrelevant like the patriots once were (prior 2001), then yeah, i can see how you can be ok with cheating.

intelligent fans are rightfully calling them out for their shenanigans

I find it hilarious that Ray Lewis is taking antelope semen to miraculously heal his torn bicep, half the 49ers roster is in jail, and half the league probably can't remember what they had for lunch yesterday due to CTE and this, THIS, is what causes some people to say they will never watch football again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom