• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN: "Spygate to Deflategate: Inside what split the NFL and Patriots apart"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Actually there is evidence but you continue to ignore it.

Other teams have done the same things the Patriots did, and at the same time, but they didn't get anywhere with it, nor did the NFL actively do anything to prevent some of the things being complained about from happening. Deflategate is built upon the NFL not doing their jobs and then saying 'you're an evil cheater Tom Brady, shame on you for allowing us to let you cheat.'

The NFL's destroying of the tapes story sounds in line with what they'd do. Acting like children.

turtle553

Eli Manning stopping the patriots perfect season.

What a perfect god damn ending.

Thanks Eli. You're the real mvp.

My favorite pic:
Patriots-19-00.jpg

KHarvey16

One day, the truth will be revealed about balloon boy's epic journey. Believe.

Deflect! Dodge! Ignore! You couldn't bare to have your own ignorance exposed so you choose to flail about and go after a person making the argument you don't hold. Says an awful lot about you and gives insight into why fall on the side of this issue that you do.

Sanjuro

I find it hilarious that Ray Lewis is taking antelope semen to miraculously heal his torn bicep, half the 49ers roster is in jail, and half the league probably can't remember what they had for lunch yesterday due to CTE and this, THIS, is what causes some people to say they will never watch football again.

Cheating at football is something taught at the Pee-Wee level. That is the real reason youth sports is on a decline.

braves01

Banned
well, when your team is irrelevant like the patriots once were (prior 2001), then yeah, i can see how you can be ok with cheating.

intelligent fans are rightfully calling them out for their shenanigans

They were in the Super Bowl only a few years before that....

Branduil

Deflect! Dodge! Ignore! You couldn't bare to have your own ignorance exposed so you choose to flail about and go after a person making the argument you don't hold. Says an awful lot about you and gives insight into why fall on the side of this issue that you do.

You mean ignoring the 8 out of 10 stat that you pulled out of your ass? LOL

The only reason I bring up balloon boy is that you make a forum career out of trying to seem superior to others, only to have it rendered moot by anyone clicking your tag.

Wow, this is pretty transparent from ESPN and the NFL. Pretty ridiculous. All of these other teams grasping for excuses as to why they're losing. This reads like a complete hatchet job, and it's kind of amusing how blatant it is.

Other teams have done the same things the Patriots did, and at the same time, but they didn't get anywhere with it, nor did the NFL actively do anything to prevent some of the things being complained about from happening. Deflategate is built upon the NFL not doing their jobs and then saying 'you're an evil cheater Tom Brady, shame on you for allowing us to let you cheat.'

The NFL's destroying of the tapes story sounds in line with what they'd do. Acting like children.
Ahh the old "butwhataboutthem' excuse.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I love that the league leaked this information, presumably to make the Patriots look bad, when it only makes Goodell and the NFL look worse. Unless it was somebody trying to gain support to axe Goodell finally, this leak is more inept than the investigation itself.

Yes, the Patriots are dirty fucking cheaters and their fans cheer for people who have no cares about being dirty cheaters and by extension the fans are dirty cheaters themselves. We all knew this though. But this makes the league office look even worse in a situation where they already looked terrible.

LifEndz

Another day, another embarrassment for Goodell. Season is about to kick off and the commissioner has this come out. Unreal.

So if/when Tom Brady cheats on his wife, you'll be the first to blame Gisele for not keeping a better eye on him?

KHarvey16

You mean ignoring the 8 out of 10 stat that you pulled out of your ass? LOL

The only reason I bring up balloon boy is that you make a forum career out of trying to seem superior to others, only to have it rendered moot by anyone clicking your tag.

This is your own insecurity at work. I don't care about looking or being superior to people, I only care about presenting a more correct argument. They aren't the same, but clearly you've decided they are.

PillarEN

Bills fans are normally pretty decent fans. Sexy Rexy might have them seeing read with his "Make Bills Great Again" mantra.

Hehehe. They need an actual quarterback. Been a long time since Flutie actually gave the team a chance and then management did everything they could to prevent him from being great. Rob Johnson, whatever happened to that guy? lol.

Branduil

This is your own insecurity at work. I don't care about looking or being superior to people, I only care about presenting a more correct argument. They aren't the same, but clearly you've decided they are.

Right, your more correct arguments about balloon boy and 8 out 10 NFL fans from a survey of your ass.

Griss

Jesus, I know I'm just a sore Dolphins fan but that Jesse Pinkman gif has never felt more appropriate. When the fuck is this franchise going to get it's karmic revenge?

You're part of the problem, friend. Stop being part of the problem.

We know how that story ends though. It's one of my favorites ever told.

10225383-large.jpg

Tom+Brady+Michael+Strahan+Super+Bowl+XLII+dlv9n6BO-T2l.jpg

the-catch-eli-manning-to-david-tyree-super-bowl-xlii-part-2.gif

eli42.jpeg

Still makes me smile instantly almost a decade later. Balms the wounds. If not for the Helmet Catch I'm not sure I could still watch football today. I was so emotionally invested in that game I damn near cried when the Giants won. I'm not sure there has ever been a game of football with so many neutrals pulling so fucking HARD for one massive underdog out of hatred of the other team.

KHarvey16

Right, your more correct arguments about balloon boy and 8 out 10 NFL fans from a survey of your ass.

Experience has shown most people, by quite a margin, are unfamiliar with the facts of spygate. Reports at the time and after the fact were published and retracted, yet almost everyone still believes the incorrect details. I hope your unwillingness to discuss it and your persistent attempts to change the subject weren't meant to dissuade anyone from thinking that.

Bill Polian must be loving this. Guy is the saltiest analyst I've ever seen over the Patriots. He still can't comprehend how his unquestioned genius was overcome by the evil Patriots.

Dragon

Banned
well, when your team is irrelevant like the patriots once were (prior 2001), then yeah, i can see how you can be ok with cheating.

intelligent fans are rightfully calling them out for their shenanigans

Just because you started watching football after 2001 doesn't mean they weren't relevant. They were relevant enough to get their shit pushed in by the Bears in 1985 and fucking Desmond Howard in 1996 with the immortal Drew Bledsoe.

You should stick to your Zelda arguments bud :)

Griss

a friend visited boston this weekend.

he tried to talk to pats fans objectively at a sports bar near the stadium after seeing the sox.

almost had to shoot his way out, the idiot.

I got thrown out of a cab in Boston for trying to talk in the most mild and neutral manner about the Patriots. Fucking unbelievable.

I find it hilarious that Ray Lewis is taking antelope semen to miraculously heal his torn bicep, half the 49ers roster is in jail, and half the league probably can't remember what they had for lunch yesterday due to CTE and this, THIS, is what causes some people to say they will never watch football again.

Truth.

When a reputable news outlet reports this, I will take it seriously.

Until then, LOL.

See... This is why people hate Patriot fans. You KNOW that they are cheaters. You KNOW they deflated those ball. You just care that they got away with it.

This comes after ESPN just apologized for a false report on the Patriots.

NFL getting ESPN to do its dirty work again. Mixture of suspicions and facts with no clear delineation.

Wow, good click-bait ESPN.

Many ex-employees huh? Care to name some? Oh right, ESPN got the information from a single insider source at the NFL and ran with. Must have been Mort who did the leg work with the NFL.

4 rings and a soon to be be disposed Commissioner. It keeps getting better and better MOR SALT!

More people who haven't read the article.

Calling into question ESPN's loyalty though almost half the article goes after Goodell and his complete failure to even scratch the surface of the extent of the Pats cheating before deciding to cover it up, and his encouragement to do so by other league owners who would rather swallow Belichick's cheating than face scandal.

Pats fans keep trying to turn this into a referendum on Goodell's incompetence vs the Patriots cheating. whynotboth.gif. Goodell is an incompetent moron, AND the Patriots are filthy cheaters.

To be fair, the NFL is adept at deflecting any conversation regarding concussions and player mental health.

Goodell is content with being the guy that ran the NFL to profitability.

Clearos

I'm going to Foxboro tonight for the USMNT game, If I don't post on this forum from 8pm-10pm it means my service was getting jammed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can someone explain that if the NFL destroyed the tapes at the stadium how were they shown to reporters at the 2008 owners meetings?

I think we established in the thread about Kraft meeting the Deflate Gate judge AFTER the trial, that Kraft almost certainly has a time machine.

It runs on salt.

Patriots are cheaters.

This is documented. And proven. And they've been disciplined for it before.

But the apologists stand behind them - because they make a lot of money off them with gambling.

BFIB

NFL is a fucking cesspool.

So now I'm really starting to believe that when it came to deflate gate, Goodell, knowing that the public eye was going to be on him for once again, having the Pats do some underhanded shit on his watch, purposely gave Brady such a large suspension, because him and Kraft both knew that if they'd appeal, it'd likely get overturned. Goodell looks like he "tried" to punish, and the Pats get their QB back.

Just read through the first ~15 - 20% of this. This is grade A, tin-foil hat conspiracy fiction. It reads like a National Treasure: Book of Secrets script, or a 9/11 conspiracy. The greatest portions are those about Ernie Adams, a man who the article goes onto suggest is a mob-inspired mystery man who does mob kingpin Bill Belichik's bidding and nobody understands:

Ma9q3kE.jpg

Above: Belichick standing with Whitey Bulger Ernie Adams before a meeting of the heads of the 5 Families

Adams, a mysterious Vietnam historian, has untold wizard-like knowledge of football according to disgraced quarterback Tom Brady:

Offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and a professorial, quirky man named Ernie Adams were present. Adams was -- and still is -- a mystery in the Patriots building, a socially awkward amateur historian of pro football and the Vietnam War who often wore the same red, hole-ridden Patriots sweater from the 1970s. He had a photographic memory, and Brady once said that Adams "knows more about professional football than anyone I ever met."

Adams -- rumored to be a billionaire -- is hired for a mysterious role, of which nobody understands, but it is said he made his fortunes playing the stock market in the 80s.

Adams' title was football research director, the only known person with that title in the NFL. He had made a fortune in the stock market in the 1980s, and the joke was that the only person in the building richer than Adams was Kraft.

Adams is apparently the 2nd in command in La Cosa Nostra:

When Bill Belichick became coach of the Browns in 1991, he hired Adams to be a consigliere of sorts.

Adams would do all of Bill's dirty bidding

Adams did whatever he [Adams] wanted -- and whatever Belichick wanted

Mysterious anonymous source suggests Adams and Belichick are tax fraudsters:

"You'd want Bill and Ernie doing your taxes," says a former Patriots assistant coach. "They would find all the loopholes, and then when the IRS would close them, they'd find more."

Adams is secretly brought into the inner circle of NFL secrecy:

The only people involved were a few coaches, the video staff and, of course, Adams.

Adams, Belichicks most trusted friend who would do whatever Bill wanted was placed in the central role of Bill's nefarious plans:

Belichick, almost five years after being fired by the Browns and fully aware that this was his last best shot as a head coach, placed an innovative system of cheating in the hands of his most trusted friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom