• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.E.A.R. 2 Demo

Brakara

Zen said:
I really liked the horror elements, but the gunplay itself seemed under developed and the AI< while not bad, never challenged me.

Well, the enemies in the demo are pretty weak (except for the laser guy). They're also at max three or four together at a time, which makes it pretty easy to take them out (especially when using SlowMo). I'm playing through the first F.E.A.R. at the moment, and the times I'm really challenged are when there's lots of enemies, including one or two heavy armored ones. And there's nothing like these moments in the demo. But after watching 1up's Game Night segment on F.E.A.R. 2, they're definitely there in the full game.

Oh, and I'm also sad to see that there's no official thread for this game. It certainly deserves one.

I've reinstalled the original FEAR and boy, you can really notice the graphical upgrade of FEAR2. Not only does it look much better, it also seemingly runs at twice the FPS for some reason.

Still, I'm having a lot of fun with FEAR1. Fucking gunplay gives me boners. First playthrough of the FEAR2 demo didn't leave me with that feeling. But a second play through gave me more promisw.

Brakara

bishoptl said:
pfft...there should be an official thread.

Indeed. Unless someone else steps up to the task, I'll post one in a couple of hours. It's not going to be that fancy though, as I don't have any banners and such. And I'll be using the Dead Space thread as a template (since it's simple and I've never made any official threads before).

Nikorasu

Lince said:
so any explanation for the missing "lean system" feature?

They didn't think it was necessary? Who knows. I don't see it as a big loss. It really has nothing to do with 'consolization.' More like 'trimming the fat.'

Varna

Nikorasu said:
They didn't think it was necessary? Who knows. I don't see it as a big loss. It really has nothing to do with 'consolization.' More like 'trimming the fat.'

Um.. No. Leaning was an incredibly useful command in the first game. Especially in the higher difficulties. Also enemies used it very well to keep you pinned down.

Nikorasu

Varna said:
Um.. No. Leaning was an incredibly useful command in the first game. Especially in the higher difficulties. Also enemies used it very well to keep you pinned down.

Well, I'm not going to disagree with you, considering it's pretty subjective, but I finished the original several times at the hardest setting (it's my most replayed fps) and I really didn't use it that much. I never found fear to be a defensive game. I tend to run right into the fray with slow-mo and be constantly on the move.

Also, enemies still use it.

Top Bottom