• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NecroVisioN Demo

Any impressions? And, a little off topic but since you're the resident 1C expert: do I have any other options for Cryostasis other than downloading through gamersgate (from the US)? Retail or Steam preferable.

Zenith

Banned
Necrovision looks like a typical game 1C would publish and not anywhere in the league of Cryostasis at all.

MaritalWheat said:
Any impressions? And, a little off topic but since you're the resident 1C expert: do I have any other options for Cryostasis other than downloading through gamersgate (from the US)? Retail or Steam preferable.
yeah, aspyr are publishing cryostasis in the us http://www.aspyr.com/software/news/100/257

Zenith said:
Necrovision looks like a typical game 1C would publish and not anywhere in the league of Cryostasis at all.
the objectives in the demo aren't too great, kind of confusing and weird. the game itself seems really solid though. this is helped by the painkiller engine of course, but it really does feel like a quality production overall.

titles made by gaijin are the only 1c funded games guaranteed to be terrible at this point.

is it just me, or was the game stuck in 4:3?

anyway, I thought the demo was enjoyable. I don't know any french so having to figure out which setting was high was...interesting. I also died twice before realizing the boss was flying around in the sky.

Is there a Cryostasis demo?

tinny weak guns, smeary motion blur filter even with blur turned off, plodding combat. if I wanted another boring zombie game I'd get left 4 dead. this plays like they took the corpse of painkiller and went all weekend with bernie's with it.

pass

Rur0ni

Fragamemnon said:
tinny weak guns, smeary motion blur filter even with blur turned off, plodding combat. if I wanted another boring zombie game I'd get left 4 dead. this plays like they took the corpse of painkiller and went all weekend with bernie's with it.

pass
You shut your mouth!

Left 4 Dead is great when you have really good teammates you play with regularly. Always nice to be infected and completely rape the other team.

Anyway, gonna try this demo out asap.

Ywap

I´ve finished the demo 5 times on the hardest difficulty and it´s the best fps i´ve played in a long time. I can´t wait for it to hit the stores :)

The minor complaint i have is that you can´t map all mouse buttons but hopefully that´ll be fixed for the final release build or in a patch.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fack. Everytime I try to run the demo I BSOD. Anyone else have any problems? (XP Pro/3, x1600 Mobile, T2500 Core Duo, 2GB)

Top Bottom