• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAKEOUT: SHAM OF NOTREALGAME has been submitted to the 123 Fake Street patent office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GECK

Not expecting much. Just hoping for another Obsidian save because F3 was dreadful in comparison to Vegas and overall a massive disappointment.

Paertan

I know it wont happen but I want a world map. I really don't buy into the illusion of distance

"Go check out the village far far away. It takes very long time to get there"
That village you see in the distance that it takes less than 5 minutes to run too.

"Our patrol is missing and they have no way of contacting us"
Seriously they could have shouted and you would have heard them!

Same amount of real enviroment but also world map. Game would feel HUGE!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
This is either DLC or another spin off like New Vegas since that isn't Fallout 4 as a title. And yeah the setting has been well known since last year so nice work keeping a lid on that Bethesda.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I haven't even played the 2 recent games. Can I play New Vegas before F3 without missing out on anything?
Yes you can because the games are not completely related to each other outside New Vegas referencing some minor things from Fallout 3. The setting of this upcoming game will be in Boston about the Commonwealth which is briefly mentioned and described in a Fallout 3 side quest but just read up on that if you want it's not worth playing Fallout 3 just for that if you want to skip Fallout 3.

Patryn

I tend to lean on this is so fucking fake.

I also stand by my prediction that there is no chance in hell Fallout 4 gets announced at VGX.

Without television, VGX is not relevant in the least. The only reason it got high profile stuff was that it reached into the mainstream. Now that it's streaming only, I think game companies could give a shit, because they can just host their own event and get an uninterrupted press cycle and the same audience would show up.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Another fake.

Don't believe anything unless you hear it directly from Bethesda.

the next fallout better have a cold hellish nuclear winter setting. Something the series has never done. With like, mutant wolves and snow beasts and shit. Maybe some mutated freak that resembles a yeti. Anyone agree?

Trigger

I just want the game now. Next gen Fallout will be amazing.

Also: I'm a little late to the conversation, but the Americana element is important to Fallout, I think. A game set somewhere else other than US just wouldn't be Fallout to me. I wouldn't mind learning about other areas of the world through DLC or something.

on the subject of possible Fallout locations, what do you guys think of Alaska? the cold combine with the close distance to Russia could make some pretty interesting stuff no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom