• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame Wii U NicoNico Presentation - [game portion over]

AdanVC

Damn! So hype but seeing this is just for Japan it means it will probably take a while to come to the west :c

Fatal frame wii u?! When did this get announced?

A few months ago. They also (partially) showed the main character recently.

6rJ758N.jpg

TpHBaOv.jpg

Omg ninty, wth? U don't even had the first title on ur platform and now u are releasing the second one exclusive on ur platform? U are doomed.

Welcome to Wii U, home of the strange exclusives, not home to the multiplats.......it's actually a really good thing when I think about it....

casiopao

Welcome to Wii U, home of the strange exclusives, not home to the multiplats.......it's actually a really good thing when I think about it....

Just like Bayonetta right? :eek:

It is sarcasm u know right? guys???

And indeed, really loved wii U for all its exclusive. Hoped that ninty will pay more visit to developers who had. Trouble developing their games or at least allow some small developer to developed A/B games for Wii U here.^_^

New IP from Sting who want???

Zornica

Banned
They should really bring it over.
I'm still bitter about NoE cancelling the European release of Fatal Frame 4.
I love the Fatal Frame series, although I'm such a huge scaredy cat that I can't play them for long at once. Still like them very much.

Please bring this over, Nintendo :(

I can't blame them for canceling a buggy game.
But you could blame them for not putting more pressure on Tecmo in order to get it fixed

I can't blame them for canceling a buggy game.
But you could blame them for not putting more pressure on Tecmo in order to get it fixed

Or maybe you could blame Nintendo since they produced the game and they should have paid for fixing the bugs.

Really excited to see what they show, Fatal Frame 4/2 Wiimake were the best straight horror games of last generation.

Hopefully there are more disturbing glitches
iCoD3rWivg4y9.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This presentation sounds like a Koei Tecmo / Kadokawa effort, with Nintendo just saying "Ehi, guys, check this out in the next future". That would explain why this isn't a Direct and why it's only on NicoNico.

This presentation sounds like a Koei Tecmo / Kadokawa effort, with Nintendo just saying "Ehi, guys, check this out in the next future". That would explain why this isn't a Direct and why it's only on NicoNico.

those guys have a Film to promote so it is not on Nintendo to promote a film in a Direct

this game presentation might have adverts about the up coming film

From what I know it's Tecmo-Koei who is not willing to fix the bugs of FF4. Forgot where I heard that one though.

I don't think there ever was an official statement on that. It's just rumors and stuff. Also, I doubt they'd actually really say something like "we don't want to fix the bugs". Seems silly to me.

Blu(e)

Been playing Fatal Frame 1 and I don't know why you guys do this to yourself. I can't play any sessions longer than 15 minutes.

Shinta

Banned
Tecmo and Nintendo are best friends now, and they both seem to really like bringing games to NA.

I just know this will come over too.

Rainbow-Glitters-2.gif

Doczu

Gamepad = Camera Obscura with gyro controls or no buy. And please make the controls work this time, they were a pain in the ass in the Wii games...

Fady K

Whatever happens, please, please just localize it.

On the topic of Fatal Frame on Nintendo systems, I was rather disappointed with Fatal Frame IV (even though it was very enjoyable!!) due to the fact that many environments, a lot of the plot, many mechanics, even the sound effects and music seemed mostly kinda recycled from previous games. I hope they step it up for this one because as much as I love the series not much is done for each game to make it feel like a proper sequel IMO.

Neff

Pretty crazy that this will be the first HD game in the series.

I bought the (2nd) Wii game recently which was my first FF, and I enjoyed it (although didn't finish it). The awkward controls were well worth enduring for the atmosphere and visuals. A Wii U version should solve the former and enhance the latter no end. I'll be watching this.

Doczu

On the topic of Fatal Frame on Nintendo systems, I was rather disappointed with Fatal Frame IV (even though it was very enjoyable!!) due to the fact that many environments, a lot of the plot, many mechanics, even the sound effects and music seemed mostly kinda recycled from previous games. I hope they step it up for this one because as much as I love the series not much is done for each game to make it feel like a proper sequel IMO.

Well the third one with the apartment/dream mansion mechanic was very enjoyable. Did remind me a bit of Silent Hill 4 (although more subtle and scary)

Fady K

Well the third one with the apartment/dream mansion mechanic was very enjoyable. Did remind me a bit of Silent Hill 4 (although more subtle and scary)

The third one in particular had more work done it than any of the other games in the series I felt. I personally loved it! Even the plot (and some ties to the first game) was definitely a step up. IMO the fourth game takes a step down in variety of areas and the plot. Oddly, the graphics seemed a little bland. The FF games deserves better graphics IMO.

Blu(e)

I spend money on them but can't play much of them but still like them tho even if it is wasted on me

Fatal Frame is such a cool series that I'm really sad I can't get into it. I was really excited to pick up a Wii U for this game (and other exclusives) and it kind of dawned on me that I'd probably never beat it if I can't even beat the first one. I'll probably just enjoy the series from afar and just watch a walkthrough for it.

they might have ran out of ideas the framework of the plot that makes this series is not very broad to begin with

you need a haunted house and some school girls suicide a ghost camera... how far can you really take that without getting recycled? Now with the Film coming maybe they had new writers and some ideas and the WiiU is new hardware but I would not expect much of a change

The first location was new and I found it one of the best in the series. I was more disappointed with Fatal Frame 2 remake, since it didn't have enough new contents. It wasn't REbirth, that's for sure.

Pretty crazy that this will be the first HD game in the series.

I bought the Wii game recently which was my first FF, and I enjoyed it (although didn't finish it). The awkward controls were well worth enduring for the atmosphere and visuals. A Wii U version should solve the former and enhance the latter no end. I'll be watching this.

Controls are easily the worst thing about both FF4 and FF2re. I'm actually scared about how they could use the Wii U controller. It could be a mess.

Fatal Frame is such a cool series that I'm really sad I can't get into it. I was really excited to pick up a Wii U for this game (and other exclusives) and it kind of dawned on me that I'd probably never beat it if I can't even beat the first one. I'll probably just enjoy the series from afar and just watch a walkthrough for it.

don't feel bad I hardly played more than an hour of Zombi U

like everyone here said Fatal Frame 2 remake might be the best one to really freak out on

I do watch the youtube play through of games my heart can't take but I wait until day time to do it lol

The first location was new and I found it one of the best in the series. I was more disappointed with Fatal Frame 2 remake, since it didn't have enough new contents. It wasn't REbirth, that's for sure.

Controls are easily the worst thing about the both FF4 and FF2re. I'm actually scared about how they could use the Wii U controller. It could be a mess.

I thought the new perspective and graphical updates were enough to make it worth playing it again(and again) Was really bummed they got rid of all of the neat extras from the Xbox version though.

Didn't really mind the controls either, although the camera stuff could be more intuitive than the system they used.

casiopao

U guys know what if this game is able to go well, I am kinda having crazy imagination on Wii U becoming ultimate horror console lol.

Imagine new Clock Tower on Wii U. Or new Haunting Ground. How about new Silent Hill? Sega's Blue Stinger?

Or..... D? My favorite horror games on Saturn?^_^

Doczu

Controls are easily the worst thing about both FF4 and FF2re. I'm actually scared about how they could use the Wii U controller. It could be a mess.

Yeah, trying to get a quick photo of a non-violent ghost walking around the corridor was a real pain in the ass. And please no more "hold A to get item with a chance for a scary hand grab". That shit was just time consuming and not fun at all (after a few times).

Top Bottom