• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slit

Pictures of fans after the PPV.

BhNiXh0IUAAIDTJ_zpse8d07756.jpg

Vince cannot possibly go with Batista vs Orton at Mania.

Thinking back over it, that Chamber match really was great. Loads of memorable moments and everyone in it got to look like a badass. Sheamus hasn't look that awesome since summer 2011 when he Brogue Kicked the pod Orton was hiding in, and Cesaro is absolutely main event material.

I don't think it was better than Shield/Wyatts, what with that tired holding pattern ending, but the best Chamber match in years now.

Agreed, Christian is worth some praise here as well, I mean he's always been a reliable hand but them playing up his desperation angle and his more heel like tricks were a lot more fun than his usual work, plus he was the guy who took the chamber leap spot so fair play to him.
I may not like Orton much but he was really fun to watch as character in that match, the false hope finish reminds me of HHH and Jeff Hardy in the chamber all over again.

korly

I just got logged into the network. There's the Shawn/Bret documentary, and some random episodes of ECW TV and WCCW TV on there right now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Over the Edge '99 starts with an Owen memorial picture, with the subtitle "In Memory of Owen Hart, who accidentally passed away during this broadcast"

Jamie OD

NO REGION LOCK FOR SIGNING UP!!!!!

GO! GO! GO! GO!

Edit: Damn it I'm at work! No roundabout way to actually watch videos until I get home.

UberTag

The network not being geo-locked is rather shocking.
Although credit to the WWE for not impeding folks outside of the US from wanting to part with their money out of the gates.

I also hadn't realized they were accepting PayPal as a payment method instead of just enforcing a credit card restriction.

I'm happy for them on this one. Should go a long way to ensuring the network's success out of the gates.

No full attitude era reliving available. Only 2 RAW episodes from 1998.

I hope this is just initial and we get the full library like I thought we were going to get?

Vylash

No full attitude era reliving available. Only 2 RAW episodes from 1998.

I hope this is just initial and we get the full library like I thought we were going to get?

launch isn't technically for another 30 minutes, praying that's the issue,or they'll have it up a bit later in the day

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's no "disclaimer" before shows that feature Benoit.

So that report was evidently bullshit.

launch isn't technically for another 30 minutes, praying that's the issue,or they'll have it up a bit later in the day

They never said anything about every Raw being available. That was people assuming things and getting their hopes up.

Jamie OD

The network not being geo-locked is rather shocking.
Although credit to the WWE for not impeding folks outside of the US from wanting to part with their money out of the gates.

I also hadn't realized they were accepting PayPal as a payment method instead of just enforcing a credit card restriction.

I'm happy for them on this one. Should go a long way to ensuring the network's success out of the gates.

They are probably going to have the same attitude as Netflix:

"We don't recommend you doing it... but if you just so happen to live in America and those are your normal settings then it shouldn't be a problem." *wink, wink*

I mean, people want to pay them money for the service. They secretly won't care where it's coming from.

Fuck yes, works perfectly through the PS4 app (although it crashes every time I try to load the list of WCW PPVs, lol) and the quality is great.

The old-school and TV content is a bit light at the moment, but hopefully it won't take long for that to change.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm not talking about raw specifically, for example they've got like 4 episodes of NXT

My point is though, that if you go back and watch/read anything that detailed exactly what would be on the Network at launch, everything they said would be up there IS up. They never said every Raw, or every Smackdown, or every NXT. Or ANY Nitro/Thunder, for that matter. People have been getting their hopes up about being able to re-live the Attitude Era and whatnot, and it's been clear from the outset that that wasn't going to happen, at least from the beginning.

My point is though, that if you go back and watch/read anything that detailed exactly what would be on the Network at launch, everything they said would be up there IS up. They never said every Raw, or every Smackdown, or every NXT. Or ANY Nitro/Thunder, for that matter. People have been getting their hopes up about being able to re-live the Attitude Era and whatnot, and it's been clear from the outset that that wasn't going to happen, at least from the beginning.

From a business decision, letting people relive the attitude era would make sense though.

Oh well, there go my hopes of seeing Austin and Rock becoming stars!

I've signed up, and if it works from the UK, I'll enjoy my free trial, but without the library that we (at least thought) were promised, I probably won't pick it up yet. I'm positive I will in the future, but I'm not that hooked on the product at the moment, and there's not enough to pull me in as I see it. No current shows?

Or I could be wrong, we'll see when I actually try it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
almost made it through nxt with no problems

then buffering hell..

watching the network live feed to see vince strip at 9am

Kaladin

I'm actually kind of glad I'm not able to watch till this afternoon, buffering issues should be taken care of by then...I hope.

It was buffering like crazy for me for a while, but now it's working absolutely perfectly. Watching Summerslam '98 for no reason other than I don't remember it.

G-Fex

I couldn't sleep much. But hey i'm in time for the network eh?

jeez I think the servers are getting hit hard I can't even get to the sign up screen

Kaladin

So Yay or Nay?

New thread before or after Raw?

We're going to come close to critical mass after Raw, and a new thread will be needed.....so should be preemptive and create a February Wrasslin' |OT2| before the biggest Raw of the year?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
lol @ all the people bitching on social media about it not working

I signed up in less than 2 minutes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom