• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narolf

Banned
Guys, not to backseat moderate, but I'm not so sure GAF is the place for endlessly discussing other forums.

Sorry for that. It remains hard for me to let it go. Eventually the aversion I feel towards those guys will become affection more by the time.

jiggle

nice
no mere HD upgrade

Yuna now has more polygons in here fingers than Lightning lol
and thank god they are fixing the nasty shadows in Tidus' hair

Kyon

Banned
Like soda pop? I like Coke I guess. Cokween.

Mhm

But back on Topic. Yuna is the Queen bow plz :)

She has already ascended and is a higher being thus making all of us peasants in her presence. No other female in the game could even. Much less that tired HAG Lightning. The sooner this game comes closer to release the closer the real FFX
HD collection shall come to slay unworthy lessers in their wake. Call her a man again and face the consequences from the Goddess herself.

tumblr_lvduzxcIfF1r4hg73o1_250.gif

All I could come up with RIP anyway I'm really excited ;__;

Levyne

Banned
Been busy, just saw this, has this FF thread gotten weird yet?

Your answer

Mhm

But back on Topic. Yuna is the Queen bow plz :)

She has already ascended and is a higher being thus making all of us peasants in her presence. No other female in the game could even. Much less that tired HAG Lightning. The sooner this game comes closer to release the closer the real FFX
HD collection shall come to slay unworthy lessers in their wake. Call her a man again and face the consequences from the Goddess herself.

tumblr_lvduzxcIfF1r4hg73o1_250.gif

All I could come up with RIP anyway I'm really excited ;__;

lol

jiggle

i wonder if packing PS3+Vita versions together is enough to get pass SCEA's disc policy

can't wait for the same treatment for x-2,
xi
, & xii now

Magnus

Does anyone remember their reactions to the FFX-2 reveal in 2002/3?

The forum I was on at the time had a meltdown.

I would really love to be able to play FF12 on the go someday.

You can. Right now. In glorious 1080p no less.

With a 1k+ Microsoft Surface/ultrabook equivalent coupled with a dumped ISO of your original game plus PCSX2 and a PS3 Dualshock 3 controller

Does anyone remember their reactions to the FFX-2 reveal in 2002/3?

The forum I was on at the time had a meltdown.

I had a friggin meltdown myself personally. I never thought an actual sequel to a numbered FF series would ever happen. And then the 1st trailer showing Yuna, guns blazing, was released.

Then the opening movie leaked with that Koda Kumi "emotion" What can I do for you song playing in the background.

I was so friggin hyped.

Until I played the actual game.

Kyon

Banned
Oh X-2 seething I c.

Y'all will come around to the best battle system in FF history and iconic female protagonist

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Don't even mention FFXII HD until it's confirmed. Don't think I could handle even a tease.

Kyon

Banned
FF10-2 is a great game, and I loved it right from the first time I played it.

WaiT.... Wait I actually have someone on my SIDE? Aeana of all people I didn't expect. I'm going to cry.. Omg these feelings

I Cant

You're so FLAWLESS
52b0f867.gif

Kyon

Banned
And Pop music!

Truly the ICING on the Gourmet 5 star chef made delicacy tbh

Kumi Kehovah being behind it all was truly legendary.

EDIT: Not Yuna having a sold out concert
that she didnt really actually perform at
;__; GLOBAL ICON

Oh X-2 seething I c.

Y'all will come around to the best battle system in FF history and iconic female protagonist

Your 1st point is arguable.

I definitely agree on the 2nd bolded point. But the change in her personality was too drastic for me in the 2nd game. It's like she had a personality transplant in the 2nd game.

Where did that serious, earnest, and pensive summoner go to?

That was part of her charm to me.

Kyon

Banned
Your 1st point is arguable.

I definitely agree on the 2nd bolded point. But the change in her personality was too drastic for me in the 2nd game. It's like she had a personality transplant in the 2nd game.

Where did that serious, earnest, and pensive summoner go to?

That was part of her charm to me.

Her BFF Rikku obviously knocked her to her SENSES. Yuna was always serious and earnest. She was so kind in X-2. But when it came to it she took charge! Only a Queen

FFX-2 is great fun and has a surprisingly good character arc for Yuna, too. Lots of shitty minigames, though, and the music's not very good.

Still, it's a fun rendition of the Job System, even though it lacks the job-mixing of FF5 and FFT and substitutes them mainly for job-switching instead. It's probably the least precise of the systems from FFX to FFXIII in terms of being truly strategic, but it's got loads of personality and it's a serious blast just to mess around with.

Aeana

FFX-2 is great fun and has a surprisingly good character arc for Yuna, too. Lots of shitty minigames, though, and the music's not very good.

Still, it's a fun rendition of the Job System, even though it lacks the job-mixing of FF5 and FFT and substitutes them mainly for job-switching instead. It's probably the least precise of the systems from FFX to FFXIII in terms of being truly strategic, but it's got loads of personality and it's a serious blast just to mess around with.

Sphere Break is my favorite FF minigame!

Seda

Sphere Break is my favorite FF minigame!

Freakin Shrina, give me that Lady Luck sphere! (Sphere Break was awesome though)

Getting Tobli into the elevator for Enterprise was not awesome.

FFX had some poor minigames, like lightning dodging, chocobo racing and butterfly catching/dodging.

Narolf

Banned
FFX-2 is great fun and has a surprisingly good character arc for Yuna, too.

Going to bring some DF back in, but for sanity this time.

X-2, the Final Fantasy starving of affection.

No one understood this underrated gem. You guys never got over the What can I do for you? trauma, even in 2011. What an absolute waste, I can't help but quit my lurking.

While X was full of ingenuousness and naivety, X-2 is the actual opposite: extremely cynical.

At the end of X, everyone were expecting peace to be kept over Spira forever: it is implied during the whole story that Sin was the only threat for humankind. NOTHING was supposed to stain the so-expected felicity.

Yet X-2 proves all of this was a total mis-belief and that's how the game is brilliant. Instead of focusing the plot around a third-party source of conflicts, around another Sin in short, X-2 renders every single Spira's human being as the actual source of problem: we believed they all were oblivious fellas seeking for an everlasting tranquility, they'll end up being the very cause of their own devastation through all these tribe wars. Humankind fucks up in X-2 just as they fucked up during the machina war. Vegnagum is the allegory of this persistent self-destruction over millenniums.

X-2 is much more than a praising for J-Pop or solely targeted at the female audience: it's a Final Fantasy with two completely distinct levels of interpretations and that's what which makes it so rich.

The transition between the two opening tracks was too obvious to be overlooked. But the FF fanboy, stuck in their narrow vision of what a FF should be (while a FF is always ground-breaking by definition thus impossible to be defined) chose to neglect it.

Playing X and X-2 in a row makes it all limpid.

X-2 definitely deserves to be X's sequel but more than that: it deserves to be a Final Fantasy.

Levyne

Banned
I just wish either Order in X-2 could obtain the max %. Obviously getting 100 in one go is not gonna happen without a guide and the reward is minor anyways, but it does make one choice seem right and the other wrong.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I must be the only person in the world who got Tidus' secret weapon thing through the chocobo race on my first try. I didn't even know what the game was or was for, just jumped on did it once, and never went back. Didn't even bother with lightning jumping though..that char was terrible.

Magnus

Ok, by meltdown, I don't mean excitement. I meant that everyone lost their mind taking a gigantic, steaming dump on the game, crying foul for turning Yuna into a pop-star. The skimpy outfits (particularly Rikku's), the guns, the pop music, the notion of a sequel at all, it was a totally sour reveal for the crowd I was hanging with online.

I didn't know what to think. I'm glad I kept an open mind though. Upon playing it, it was a phenomenal experience, even if the story and soundtrack were abysmal. Great battle system, job system, visuals, etc. I was never a fan of the CTB (as far as I'm concerned, a concrete step backward from the ATB), and to see super fast-paced ATB return with chain/simultaneous attacks was just plain awesome. With tons of non-linearity mixed in (evoking a World of Ruin vibe a la FFVI) and seeing a world transformed in some interesting ways post-main-FF story for the first time, it turned out to be a really interesting experience.

Edit-

What Narolf posted above. Playing X and X-2 back to back really is quite somethin'.

Really hoping X-2 gets the HD/widescreen treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom