• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIII - Chinese Version includes Japanese Voiceovers and English Subs confirmed(?)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess this deserves its own topic since a lot of people want an English subbed, Japanese dubbed FFXIII. :lol

Original Link:
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/cht/news/pressDetail/145660

Translated Link:
http://translate.google.com/transla...hk/cht/news/pressDetail/145660&sl=zh-CN&tl=en

akwin7.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Oh shit.. I kind of want this then. Yeah, I still do :lol

Cypher

English subtitles to be instated in the eventual Greatest Hits edition and/or International Edition.

Dresden

No Laura Bailey struggling to make up for a terrible pedobait character? No Troy Baker making a big douchebag a, well, a big douchebag that I like?

Their loss.

Coming soon: Final Fantasy XIII International HD Towns System + Pulse Mission?

Yeah, I would buy it again if it included HD Towns.

Replicant

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't want to spend an additional 34+ hours (prob shorter/longer but I'm trying not to remember how long I've spent on this game) but...but....this game should have ended with "Kimi ga Iru Kara".

gokieks

... yeah, I think I'm going to end up importing this despite having already spent 100+ hours completely finishing (Platinum Trophy-ed) the US release. Don't know if I'll replay it though... even though I think it's a terribly flawed game in many games, the battle system was fantastic and overall I enjoyed the game.

Fusebox

Banned
I have the 'Asian' version from Play-Asia, is mine the same one??

edit - obfiously not. Mine is in English and the Chinese version appears be to Japanese audio only.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tempted by this, as i haven't bought FF13 yet. Always wanted to play a FF game with japanese voice-overs.:lol

LiK

B.K. said:
That's impossible. Japanese voices are always a million times better than English voices. ALWAYS!

heh, i prefer the English voices for the MGS and KH series.

but yea, in the JPN ver, Snow sounds more douchey and Hope sounds more whiny than the English version.

expy

Banned
LiK said:
heh, i prefer the English voices for the MGS and KH series.

but yea, in the JPN ver, Snow sounds more douchey and Hope sounds more whiny than the English version.
And no MY HANDS!!! :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Vanille sounds more natural in her JP voiceover at least (well... I think at least).

Brofist

I saw this in the import section of the game shop I go to. Seemed nice but I didn't feel like
springing 7000 yen for essentialliy English subs.

gokieks

LiK said:
i heard Snow and Hope's Japanese voices are terrible tho.

Not too familiar with either of their Japanese VAs, but if Shizuo in Durarara!! (same VA) is any indication, Snow should be fine (certainly no worse than the English voices). Hope's English VA also doesn't set a very high bar either.

Fusebox said:
I have the 'Asian' version from Play-Asia, is mine the same one??

edit - obfiously not. Mine is in English and the Chinese version appears be to Japanese audio only.

There's actually 3 different Asian versions - the original JP version with Japanese voices/subtitles, the NA release with English voices/subtitles, and this new Asia-specific release with Japanese voices and Traditional Chinese/English/Korean subtitles.

LiK

expy said:
And no MY HANDS!!! :D

speaking of songs, i have the JPN OST and i have to say that the JPN ver of the Chocobo theme is much better. some songs should not be translated.

BocoDragon

kpop100 said:
I saw this in the import section of the game shop I go to. Seemed nice but I didn't feel like
springing 7000 yen for essentialliy English subs.
Its not out yet I don't think...

Perhaps you saw the Hong Kong version? Which I believe was basically the US and Euro version.

In this case it appears to be a version for Taiwan, Korea... and mainland China? Do I have that right?

ULTROS!

I got the no-ESRB logo FFXIII version though. Same cover as the US one. So I'm guessing it's the English-Asian version.

BocoDragon

Someone please post once someone has this version for import.

EDIT: Oh and damn.. that XIII Deluxe pack is pretty ballin. A custom controller is actually a worthwhile purchase... crappy artbooks and plastic figures be damned.

LiK

BocoDragon said:
Someone please post once someone has this version for import.

EDIT: Oh and damn.. that XIII Deluxe pack is pretty ballin. A custom controller is actually a worthwhile purchase... crappy artbooks and plastic figures be damned.
The Aussie LE is pretty nice.

Replicant

I wish they had done this right from the beginning (dual soundtrack). After all, End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate did it easily. But still, at times like this I'm glad PS3 can play any game from any country.....providing you can understand the language.

BocoDragon

LiK said:
Its better than my Canadian "doesn't exist" LE version... but the PAL LE set didn't really impress me... booklet, postcards, a sampler music CD... enh.

I loved the North American Collectors Edition for XII... for some reason a pretty steelbook package and an original DVD seem much more exclusive and interesting than just printed promotional material and a gimped soundtrack.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
*troll*

does it include better gameplay in addition to Japanese VA and English Subs...?

I really wanted to love this game, but it just didn't do it for me. I can't even blame the voice acting, which wasn't actually half bad, it was just...a mess of a game!

LiK

BocoDragon said:
Its better than my Canadian "doesn't exist" LE version... but the PAL LE set didn't really impress me... booklet, postcards, a sampler music CD... enh.

I loved the North American Collectors Edition for XII... for some reason a pretty steelbook package and an original DVD seem much more exclusive and interesting than just printed promotional material and a gimped soundtrack.
It came with l'cie branded sticker tattoos too. The lithographs are actually really nice. Worth framing.

Wish the US got a LE

i prefer to play my games in a language i understand. which makes this version of little interest to me.

besides i've already spent a shitton of money on this sub-par entry into the series (FFXIIIx2, CE guide, and ACC for the demo).

C-Jo

A younger, geekier version of myself would've been all over this. But the English voices were pretty damn good.

Also, you couldn't pay me to replay FFXIII.

leng jai

LiK said:

Actually it was beyond crap, especially when everywhere was asking $140 for it compared to the $80-$100 street price of the standard edition. Its no surprise that there are still stacks sitting around on shelves and Game trying to shovel them off for $84 not two weeks ago.

Dambrosi

Banned
But the story's still the same, right? Still a piece of moronic jargon-stuffed in media res confusion stuck in between two large slices of failed characterization and emo superhero nonsense to make up a double-down shit sandwich with dissentry sauce, right?

And the gameplay is still the same too, right? Holds your hand and fights your battles for you for the first half, then becomes a tedious grindfest for the rest?

If so, then what does it matter if such crap is Japanese-dubbed or not? That's like saying Star Ocean 4 International is worth buying for its story :lol
which I sorta did, though in my defence, I only recommended it over the 360 version because the English dub was so bad, and basically told the guy asking to get Resonance Of Fate instead if he absolutely needed one Tri-Ace game this gen :lol

Styles

So much hate.

EU LE was not worth the extra $30NZ to be honest, the artbook was basically just images we've seen before!

Top Bottom