• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIII - Chinese Version includes Japanese Voiceovers and English Subs confirmed(?)

enishi

Replicant said:
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't want to spend an additional 34+ hours (prob shorter/longer but I'm trying not to remember how long I've spent on this game) but...but....this game should have ended with "Kimi ga Iru Kara".

In the advertisement here, SCEH claims that you can continue the save from either Japanese or English version in this Chinese version.

gokieks

enishi said:
In the advertisement here, SCEH claims that you can continue the save from either Japanese or English version in this Chinese version.
I'm guessing that's referring to the Japanese and English variants of the Asian version that's already been released in HK, and not the versions from Japan or NA.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
gokieks said:
I'm guessing that's referring to the Japanese and English variants of the Asian version that's already been released in HK, and not the versions from Japan or NA.
Damn.. they got it good. I hope somehow the western saves work too... but likely they dont.

I imagine Ultros would be happy though..

Brofist

BocoDragon said:
Its not out yet I don't think...

Perhaps you saw the Hong Kong version? Which I believe was basically the US and Euro version.

In this case it appears to be a version for Taiwan, Korea... and mainland China? Do I have that right?
Actually you could be right, I thought I remembered seeing Japanese and English on the back but my memory is fuzzy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BocoDragon said:
Damn.. they got it good. I hope somehow the western saves work too... but likely they dont.

I imagine Ultros would be happy though..

Yea actually. :D I got the Asian version of FFXIII (English).

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
Japanese Mei Ling is greater than everything.

I did miss Hayter when I played MGS3. I missed a lot of things when I played MGS3, though.

zoukka

Nowadays I think english VO is superior to the Japanese. When I watch anime and play Japanese games I feel like there's five voice-actors in the whole country.

Besides the stories in games are always bad. The cheesy american VA only makes it more tolerable and enables you to laugh while crying.

Haunted

zoukka said:
Nowadays I think english VO is superior to the Japanese. When I watch anime and play Japanese games I feel like there's five voice-actors in the whole country.
Well, that's four more than Nolan North at least.

I've grown much more tolerant towards bad voice acting over the last years for some reason. If it's not super cringeworthy (like Ignition levels of bad or something) I usually don't see a need to change it. Even played some games with German dubs recently. A thought that would've made me shudder a couple years ago.

Brofist

If the game's characters are Western looking I'd rather play it with English VA (MGS). If they look Japanese or the game has some kind of anime look I prefer Japanese VA (Ninja Gaiden, Yakuza). If the game will most definitely lose something (cultural reference etc...) in translation from it's original language I'll always play in the original language.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Replicant said:
I wish they had done this right from the beginning (dual soundtrack). After all, End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate did it easily. But still, at times like this I'm glad PS3 can play any game from any country.....providing you can understand the language.

They couldn't because they redid the lip syncing... even though it's not perfect or as good as the original Japanese was, and a majority of those cutscenes are pre-recorded so they couldn't have two versions of those on the disc due to space issues.

B.K.

I posted it earlier, but I guess either no one noticed or didn't care. The Chinese version is coming in a bundle with a Lighting Dual Shock 3 controller.

ffxiii_ps3_bundle.png

NCSX says there's another bundle too that includes the game, the white Dual Shock 3, FFXIII Original Soundtrack (10 tracks), a CG illustrations booklet, an Original FFXIII sleeve case, Playstation Network Card, and an exclusive FFXIII character poster.

ffxiii_ps3_bundle_deluxe.png

NCSX is taking preorders for both. The set with just the game and controller is $109 and the big set with everything is $119.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
B.K. said:
You don't want the Lightning Dual Shock to match your Lightning PS3?

It already came with a white controller... and the design of that Asian bundle one is a bit of a joke.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, is this new?

On the Sony Chinese announce page a while ago, it only confirmed Chinese subs/menus so I wrote it off.

Edit: yeah, it looks like they changed the page to add English and Korean. Man, so tempting... :lol

LiK

onken said:
You've gotta be kidding me.

nope.

leng jai said:
Actually it was beyond crap, especially when everywhere was asking $140 for it compared to the $80-$100 street price of the standard edition. Its no surprise that there are still stacks sitting around on shelves and Game trying to shovel them off for $84 not two weeks ago.

i disagree, wasn't that bad compared to some other LEs i've seen. as for the price hike, pretty standard for Aus.

Psykotik

B.K. said:
I posted it earlier, but I guess either no one noticed or didn't care. The Chinese version is coming in a bundle with a Lighting Dual Shock 3 controller.

ffxiii_ps3_bundle.png

NCSX says there's another bundle too that includes the game, the white Dual Shock 3, FFXIII Original Soundtrack (10 tracks), a CG illustrations booklet, an Original FFXIII sleeve case, Playstation Network Card, and an exclusive FFXIII character poster.

ffxiii_ps3_bundle_deluxe.png

NCSX is taking preorders for both. The set with just the game and controller is $109 and the big set with everything is $119.

anybody know where else one can get the deluxe bundle online? (besides ncsx, they're presold out)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I'd like to buy FFXIII again since I'm no longer in financial hell, and I need a new dualshock, so it all seems to round out well. Buying!

Unless they add worthwhile new content, no. Just, no. I don't care whether "Moms are tough" is said in Japanese or English, it still sucks. :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Unknown Soldier said:
Unless they add worthwhile new content, no. Just, no. I don't care whether "Moms are tough" is said in Japanese or English, it still sucks. :lol

At least you won't need to understand it when hearing it. :p

ULTROS!

duckroll said:
Yeah, I dunno about that...

What's better: Something horrible that you don't understand or something horrible that you understand? :lol

I am getting this!

Belive it or not but I have yet to play FF13!

I just got sooo dissapointed when I saw that they just scrapped the lvl up system and gameplay system we had in the best FF game to date, FF12.
also the world map is not free to explore like in other FF games, so I decided to not buy this game at all but hmm now I feel like its time to buy it :)

I do not like the way square is handeling the new FF games

onken

Holy shit is this the same reality with Hayter eating a handful of gravel for Old Snake and fucking Otacon? The English VA is absolutely atrocious.

Also how many of you speak Japanese?

onken said:
Holy shit is this the same reality with Hayter eating a handful of gravel for Old Snake and fucking Otacon? The English VA is absolutely atrocious.

I don't, but i'd rather hear the game in its incomprehensible native language than a butchered version of my own.

In this thread, I take exception to the idea of weeaboo-ism when I would have said the exact same thing about a German, Russian, Italian or French production.

Anyway, when is someone gonna get a copy of this to confirm it?

Aru

I really don't understand the complains about FF VA.
I only found CC's a bit disappointing by moments, but the main entries VA is great and each voice fits its character.

ULTROS!

Maybe because of Vanille.

Anyway sorta OT but how do people find Selphie annoying? She just moves a lot when her dialogue comes up, she has no voice at all! :p

duckroll

ULTROS! said:
What's better: Something horrible that you don't understand or something horrible that you understand? :lol

But there's nothing horrible about MGS voice acting.

onken said:

I've played MGS3 and MGS5 in Japanese and I definitely don't think the Japanese voice track is any sort of amazing leap over the English voice track. I really like the cast Kojima gets for the Japanese voice track in MGS games, but I really like the English cast as well. I generally prefer it in English because it sounds way more natural when they're actually talking about stuff in the games.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
after almost 1 year I can finally say I'm glad I'm in China!

next week to Hong Kong!

onken

duckroll said:
I've played MGS3 and MGS5 in Japanese and I definitely don't think the Japanese voice track is any sort of amazing leap over the English voice track. I really like the cast Kojima gets for the Japanese voice track in MGS games, but I really like the English cast as well. I generally prefer it in English because it sounds way more natural when they're actually talking about stuff in the games.

Well I would have to disagree, the JP VA is a marked improvement imo, though to be fair the difference is more noticeable in MGS1 & 4.

duckroll

Darthdevidem01 said:
WHy would ANYONE ever own more than 1 version of the game. No matter how good a game is thats just silly!

Lots of reasons. Different languages, added content in re-releases, different platforms, different packaging, bonus extras, etc.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
onken said:
Well I would have to disagree, the JP VA is a marked improvement imo, though to be fair the difference is more noticeable in MGS1 & 4.
What makes you say that?

i don't know if this has been answered before, but will the menus and everything else be in english?
japanese voiceovers and english subtitles are everything i ever wanted from ff13, but if i can't understand those menus :(

edit: nevermind, just saw the info in the first page, op.

any good place where i can order this that ships to europe?

So this version will have either the choice of english, japanese, or chinese full menus? With the Japanese audio and eglish subtitles, and you can use your save to continue from either teh japanese and english versions? lol wtf....mmm to import or not to import :lol

duckroll

Darthdevidem01 said:
Out of those added content sounds like the only valid reason.

Erm, valid reason? What are you, the purchase police? Is there some law I'm unaware of which makes what is important to someone's purchase more or less valid? It's their money, not yours.

rvy said:
The hell? Chinese 360 owners should rage! They are not getting equal treatment! :lol

FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive in Japan and all of Asia. Chinese 360 owners can't play the game to begin with.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rvy said:
The hell? Chinese 360 owners should rage! They are not getting equal treatment! :lol

Yeah, SCE Asia should just go ahead and localize a version for them to while they're at it, shouldn't they.

Top Bottom