• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIII - Chinese Version includes Japanese Voiceovers and English Subs confirmed(?)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Unknown Soldier said:
Bah, I'm still not buying this. You guys are such suckers, you KNOW there's going to be an International version. :lol
I just want my Lightning controller. :lol Besides I had to sell off my US copy, and I want to finish it. ;P

enishi

bernardobri said:
You could try downloading some saves from the gamefaqs section.

Thanks for the info, so far it seems like I'll import my second chinese game...

I tried the save but they cannot be seen by my PS3 (not related to the game...)

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
enishi said:
I tried the save but they cannot be seen by my PS3 (not related to the game...)

Have you put the save files unzipped on the correct folders?

They usually go into (drive):pS3/SAVEDATA/(gameID)

enishi

bernardobri said:
Have you put the save files unzipped on the correct folders?

They usually go into (drive):pS3/SAVEDATA/(gameID)

Oh, did not try to download save from USB for a long time...... put them in a wrong path

Tried 1 US and 1 EU save from gamefaq, both can be continued successfully :D

trejo

I thought the english voice actors did a very commendable job, even more so when you take into account the garbage they had to work with.

Personally, I see no reason to double dip.

Apath

$()^%

I didn't learn the PS3 version did not include Japanese voices with English subs until a couple days ago, where I ran into that annoying red headed twat and learned I'd have to stick with it or mute the game. I'll probably get this when it becomes affordable. ;_;
trejo said:
I thought the english voice actors did a very commendable job, even more so when you take into account the garbage they had to work with.

Personally, I see no reason to double dip.
Vanille or what ever her name is, is by far one of the most annoying characters I've ever come across in a game. That right there is reason enough to double dip ;P

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Kenak said:
$()^%

I didn't learn the PS3 version did not include Japanese voices with English subs until a couple days ago, where I ran into that annoying red headed twat and learned I'd have to stick with it or mute the game. I'll probably get this when it becomes affordable. ;_;

Vanille or what ever her name is, is by far one of the most annoying characters I've ever come across in a game. That right there is reason enough to double dip ;P
I actually didn't find Vanille to be too bad. I might be in the minority in this though, because I found that she used two slightly different voices for Vanille amusing. :lol

Apath

InfiniteNine said:
I actually didn't find Vanille to be too bad. I might be in the minority in this though, because I found that she used two slightly different voices for Vanille amusing. :lol
I'm just overreacting, but her mixed with the bandanna toting dope and Snow's 'tard crew, her voice/mannerisms just pushed me over the top.

Khrno

enishi said:
Tried 1 US and 1 EU save from gamefaq, both can be continued successfully :D

This is great, thanks for the confirmation.

I do have one more question, which would be hard for enishi to find out. Do trophies carry over? As in, will unlocking trophies be continued or a new trophy set will be created?

gogogow

Kenak said:
$()^%

This.

Her voice is so annoying. The voice actress went way overboard with the "cuteness" of the voice. Those kind of high-pitched voices just doesn't work well with English voices. Her voice is even more high pitched than the Japanese voice actress. But I guess it's more S-E fault for wanting Georgia to imitate the Japanese voice.

I want to double dip, but it's way too expensive atm.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Unknown Soldier said:
Bah, I'm still not buying this. You guys are such suckers, you KNOW there's going to be an International version. :lol
Maybe.. But so far that just means Japan gets the English dub + some extra shit. That doesn't help us crazy Japanese language desiring people in this thread.

Of course it could all change at some point.. a real dual audio International version could be released... but it's not guaranteed.

enishi

Khrno said:

I do have one more question, which would be hard for enishi to find out. Do trophies carry over? As in, will unlocking trophies be continued or a new trophy set will be created?

Since trophy can't be loaded from save with different PSN id, I can't check this part. Sorry.

Eh Vanille's voice is just as annoying in Japanese as it is in English. The English dub was pretty fantastic, well as fantastic as could be. Though I have to admit playing FFXIII in Japanese would be pretty awesome.

duckroll

Khrno said:

FFXIII uses a unified Trophy set. It doesn't matter if you're playing the original JP version, the US version, the EU version, or the new Asian version. When I played the JP version last year, the trophies created were already the English ones because my system setting was English.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Rahxephon91 said:
Eh Vanille's voice is just as annoying in Japanese as it is in English. The English dub was pretty fantastic, well as fantastic as could be. Though I have to admit playing FFXIII in Japanese would be pretty awesome.
Maaya Sakamoto baybeee~!

duckroll

InfiniteNine said:
Maaya Sakamoto baybeee~!

Her performance isn't really anything special in FFXIII. I expected a lot more honestly. The stand out performances in JP FFXIII would be Sazh, Hope and Snow. Fang was pretty good too, but I really, really liked Hope's voice.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
Her performance isn't really anything special in FFXIII. I expected a lot more honestly. The stand out performances in JP FFXIII would be Sazh, Hope and Snow. Fang was pretty good too, but I really, really liked Hope's voice.
Yeah, I know, but her portrayal of Lightning was more in tune with what I had in mind before hearing any voices. The English VA was pretty close as well a bit more tweaking with the voice and it would have been perfect. I look forward to Fang's Japanese VA though, it held a little bit more power which originally got me into liking her character from the little we saw of her pre-JP release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So it's confirmed English Subs, Japanese VO's? Awesome.

Now I need to know if the song is Kimi ga Ikaruka instead of My Hands.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ULTROS! said:

From the looks of it, the soundtrack's been unaltered from the Japanese version.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:

Naturally, I doubt they changed anything but the menu language and text settings.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I want this bad.

I can only find the Japanese version of FFXIII right here in Japan though (well duh) and its only $20. I don't know if I should bite or not. :lol

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
I want this bad.

I can only find the Japanese version of FFXIII right here in Japan though (well duh) and its only $20. I don't know if I should bite or not. :lol
Sure, if you understand Japanese I don't see why not. :lol
Buy me Groundwork of Evangelion 1.0+2.0 D<

ULTROS!

InfiniteNine said:
Sure, if you understand Japanese I don't see why not. :lol
Buy me Groundwork of Evangelion 1.0+2.0 D<

To make you more envious, I've been to shops with loads of games for all platforms (including NES, Sega Saturn, DreamCast, etc.), loads of anime figurines, an Evangelion and Gundam only stuff, and Evangelion/Gundam/Akira Toriyama/Leiji Matsumoto/One Piece Uniqlo clothes.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
To make you more envious, I've been to a shop with loads of games for all platforms (including NES, Sega Saturn, DreamCast, etc.), loads of anime figurines, an Evangelion and Gundam shop, and Evangelion/Gundam/Akira Toriyama/Leiji Matsumoto/One Piece Uniqlo clothes.
I hate you.

ULTROS!

InfiniteNine said:
I hate you.

You'll hate me more because
the only non-game stuff that I bought was Star Ocean 4's Edge Maverick PlayArts, Geddoe PlayArts, and a Dragon Quest Charm despite the zillions of PlayArts figures :lol

Believe me man, it's anime paradise here, everywhere you go you'll see something Anime related especially Evangelion/Gundam/One Piece. Groceries, Subways, Bookstores, Clothing Stores, Food Stores, etc.

ElFly

I really doubt the japanese dub can be worse than the american one, given vanille's dub.

Even if the girl is as bubbly in japanese as she is in the american one, not understanding the audio would be way better.

I really wish I had waited to buy the Lightning version with the controller instead of spending $100 importing the crappy UK CE. :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
You'll hate me more because
the only non-game stuff that I bought was Star Ocean 4's Edge Maverick PlayArts, Geddoe PlayArts, and a Dragon Quest Charm despite the zillions of PlayArts figures :lol

Believe me man, it's anime paradise here, everywhere you go you'll see something Anime related especially Evangelion/Gundam/One Piece. Groceries, Subways, Bookstores, Clothing Stores, Food Stores, etc.
To be surrounded by Eva merch is a thing of dreams for me. ): Too bad if that actually happened I'd be broke and probably sold my roommate for money to buy more stuff.
SlaughterX said:
I really wish I had waited to buy the Lightning version with the controller instead of spending $100 importing the crappy UK CE. :(
Yeah, after debating it over with myself I didn't import the UK CE because the stuff really wasn't worth it. I'm sure someone on ebay would value that much more if your looking to possibly getting this one in it's place.

lunlunqq

I am surprised... shocked to see that someone here actually cares about the release of a Chinese version of an old game...

anyways... some pictures from the Taiwan release event:

edit: already post... pics removed.

sorry to bump this...but it's confirmed that i can play the chinese version with japanese dialogue and everything subtitled in english, including menus?
thanks

jett said:
What is this revisionist history bullsheeeeit?

MGS1 English VA has the best voice acting by far in the entire franchise. It also helps I guess that it has the tighter script too. :p

Apparently the Haters Ball just pulled up in town for a week.

I'd actually give FF a try if it was dubbed in Cantonese, as a long time Hong Kong film nut, Crazy Ass Shit shouted in Cantonese>Crazy Ass Shit Shouted in Japanese, fuck get Eric Tsang to dub some characters!

As a I side note I'd love to see Eric Tsang dub Barry in Alan Wake. :lol

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if I would be able to get the premium PSN avatar from the card in this bundle on my US PSN account? I'm assuming the code is for those avatars for your PSN ID that the PSN store sells for $0.49 right? I have an Asian PSN account, but from my experience those PSN avatars are not shareable.

Top Bottom