• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's New Survey Asks For Story Content Suggestion (World of Ruin, Luna, Cor, Ardyn)

Rebounding off of my last post, if this was the late 90's square would have put all of that shit in on release.

Also i'd have no hair on my balls, so there's that I guess.

FinalAres

For me its definitely more Ardyn and more Ifrit. More Luna would be good too.

Its all about the story! Thats why I play FF games.

SoulUnison

Banned
There are mentions in the game that Noctis and Luna have stayed in touch via Umbra all those years. Noctis clearly cares about Luna, and Luna has those heartfelt moments with Gentiana and Ravus where she cries wanting to be with Noctis. I think there's something there.

Also, think about the game's final scene where they're
married in the afterlife
. Why depict such an arrangement if politics are no longer an issue? The answer, baby, is love.

Noctis seems incredibly indifferent about the whole deal even beyond "embarrassed/reluctant to show emotions to his bros," but I guess it's up to the individuals interpretation.

Neiteio

Noctis seems incredibly indifferent about the whole deal even beyond "embarrassed/reluctant to show emotions to his bros," but I guess it's up to the individuals interpretation.
I see that more as Noctis being someone who tries to play it cool by bottling up his feelings.

I think letter correspondence could show us a softer side to Noctis where he confides in Luna.

Noctis' disappearance would definitely be interesting. There's a 10 year gap that they can fill there, and even if they just go for events straight after, the effect that had on the characters isn't really explored, aside from when Talcott explains about what everyone had been up to.

Playable character wise, Aranaea and Cor would probably be the most interesting to play as. I don't think Luna really does enough to be playable in an action RPG, but they definitely need to find a way to increase her screen time tenfold. It's embarrassing how little she was in it.

Neiteio

Ifrit's Betrayal could be a lore cutscene like the opening cutscene of Dark Souls. It could play at the start of the game to better explain the lore: The gods, the plague of demons, the empire, the ring, etc.

Jonnax

The game needs more Ardyn. The game is driven by him but much of his story is told through implication and text.

I want to see Ardyn the saviour turning into the twisted man he is in the game.
That betrayal would need to be told well though or would undermine the a lot of FFXV

Neiteio

Noctis' disappearance would definitely be interesting. There's a 10 year gap that they can fill there, and even if they just go for events straight after, the effect that had on the characters isn't really explored, aside from when Talcott explains about what everyone had been up to.

Playable character wise, Aranaea and Cor would probably be the most interesting to play as. I don't think Luna really does enough to be playable in an action RPG, but they definitely need to find a way to increase her screen time tenfold. It's embarrassing how little she was in it.
Maybe Luna could have Zelda-style puzzle dungeons. She could issue commands to her white doggy, and manipulate mechanisms with magic. In between dungeons, you could explore Tennebrae, correspond with Noctis, heal people, etc.

Neiteio

The game needs more Ardyn. The game is driven by him but much of his story is told through implication and text.

That betrayal would need to be told well though or would undermine the a lot of FFXV
Man, Ardyn is such a fascinating character. Stole every scene he was in.

Abh5Kix.jpg

Time to make this party a reality.

MilkBeard

He loves playing Ardyn and returned for the Chapter 13 cutscene expansion. Plus, he was one of the only VAs to voice the same character in the movie and game lmao.

Yup. That guy is awesome. And more Ardyn can only be a good thing.

Yes, absolutely. I would buy a full-on expansion that goes through this part of his past.

Neiteio

I know some want them to move on, but I want the most definitive take on FFXV. I want them to incorporate as much of this as they can, and elegantly so.

LAA

Wow, I want all of that... ha ha.

Probably leaning more towards the additional story content than anything else though.

Neiteio

I bet they're planning an Ultimate Edition within a year or so, with which they'll make quite a few more sales, justifying the production costs of this additional content.

MilkBeard

Rebounding off of my last post, if this was the late 90's square would have put all of that shit in on release.

That's true. However, they made the entirety of FF VII in about one year. Oh, how development has changed.

FinalAres

I know some want them to move on, but I want the most definitive take on FFXV. I want them to incorporate as much of this as they can, and elegantly so.

This is what I'm worried about, because that Verse 2 was not an elegant way of dealing with the Ravus issue.

I'd be interested in seeing a Chapter -1 where we see/play the fall of Ardyn.

Neiteio

This is what I'm worried about, because that Verse 2 was not an elegant way of dealing with the Ravus issue.

I'd be interested in seeing a Chapter -1 where we see/play the fall of Ardyn.
I haven't gone back to my Ch. 13 save yet to play Verse 2. How is it?

Kuraudo

Banned

Yeah, they would have included it an international edition released a year later in Japan only. Maybe some of the content would be done in time for the PAL release.

Adding new content to Final Fantasy after release isn't something new.

Mediking

Get a better writer first before expanding lore.

Gimme Aranea though. She and Luna got robbed really bad.

Cor got robbed too.

Iris got robbed too.

Noctis got robbed too.

Gladio got robbed too.

Prompto got robbed too.

Ignis got robbed too.

Too many characters with not enough character development.

Yet we're supposed to cry for Jared?

Wow. I'm getting angry again. I'll shut up.

Despera

Banned
I wouldn't call anything about their approach to content development elegant. It's really sad that the FF team can't take a single step without consulting their fans nowadays.

Ruff

Jeez, this reads like a list of all the things I felt should have been in the game to begin with. (Maybe not playing as Gentiana, didn't really expect that)

Some Nobody

That is...a lot of potential additional content. So much so that I have to assume most of it is in progress or they wouldn't ask what you wanted like this.

My decision to wait to play this game feels like it makes more and more sense the longer it goes on.

FinalAres

I haven't gone back to my Ch. 13 save yet to play Verse 2. How is it?

Full disclosure, I've only watched it on youtube. It doesn't look bad, but the whole idea of choosing one of two story threads (each telling part of an incomplete story) and then going back to do the other story thread through the main menu...isn't elegant.

SoulUnison

Banned
I picked World of Ruin, but in retrospect, that doesn't sound like a ton of fun unless they boost the number of Daemons in the game.

There's really only the Iron Giants/Red Giants, Arachne, Bombs and Ronin, right?
I'm probably forgetting one, but there's only -literally- a "handful" of Daemon enemy types.

I got tired of the lack of enemy variety even over the course of a regular play through.
I couldn't imagine spending much time in World of Ruin unless they beef up the bestiary a bit.

EDIT: Actually, one of the "little" things they could do that would go a LONG way would be to go back over the game and sprinkle in some new enemy types for variety.

MilkBeard

Full disclosure, I've only watched it on youtube. It doesn't look bad, but the whole idea of choosing one of two story threads (each telling part of an incomplete story) and then going back to do the other story thread through the main menu...isn't elegant.

Yeah, it's not elegant. At the same time, the alternate chapter is shorter, contains Gladio's play mechanics which are fun, and you get an alternate scene that explains some things (well, this should should have been in the main sequence, to be honest...).

It's definitely worth playing, but I wish they would have found a way to experience it all seamlessly.

Are this stuff included in the season pass? or will be extra dlc or what?
I have been out of touch with the game since I finished it waiting for the 4 dlc chapters to come out to return.

I want a lot of those things..
Ardyn's past, and Aranea playable would be my first choices.

It's funny seeing a list of flaws officially laid out like that (although some here constantly state the game is fine, smh) but then it's sad when you could easily double the length of said list.
Having said that, this is all certainly intriguing!
The fact they're really dead set on continuing to support/fix the game is admirable, more power to the team and all the fans still invested in the game.

Oh good. A list of things that should have been in the base game to begin with.

And even better, a single image that just encapsulates my newfound zero desire to ever purchase a Final Fantasy game at launch - or any time near launch - again.

Get a better writer first before expanding lore.

Gimme Aranea though. She and Luna got robbed really bad.

I'd actually argue that Aranea's the one character who didn't get robbed. She progresses quite well in the game, and her motivations are told through dialogue clearly. It's what made her such a popular character. I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post.

Joqu

Ugh, please prioritize the story content, I shouldn't be limited to one, let me rank them. It should be paired with the playable characters anyway, but I couldn't care less for those upgrades.

Posting here as well..

As other have said, how about every single thing off this list? I don't have any idea which one to choose because all of them should be in the game. (with the exception of playable Luna and Gentiana)

I'd vote for hard mode.. but it really should have been there on day 1, without any other new content I wont replay the entire game even if it is added. (heal item spamming will get you trough 99.9% of the game with the exception of one specific dungeon where they aren't allowed)
Also, they really shouldn't even ask for it and add it anyway because how much effort can limiting heal items to let's say 1 of each per battle possibly take?

Mendrox

Posting here as well..

As other have said, how about every single thing off this list? I don't have any idea which one to choose because all of them should be in the game. (with the exception of playable Luna and Gentiana)

I'd vote for hard mode.. but it really should have been there on day 1, without any other new content I wont replay the entire game even if it is added. (heal item spamming will get you trough 99.9% of the game with the exception of one specific dungeon where they aren't allowed)
Also, they really shouldn't even ask for it and add it anyway because how much effort can limiting heal items to let's say 1 of each per battle possibly take?

Hard Mode means not being able to abuse potions, elixirs and health magic. The game is currently not balanced at all. If you Stock your items up you will never die. Never.

Hard Mode means not being able to abuse potions, elixirs and health magic. The game is currently not balanced at all. If you Stock your items up you will never die. Never.

Yes, which is what I said. I have no idea how it ever got released without someone thinking that the item spamming was broken.

Top Bottom