• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in the subway and thought to myself...well there is no reason to pull on the type 0 banner, you spent so much lapis and tix trying to get mercedes with out getting her.

My finger was hoverig over the daily pull button when a ruck went through the car and i accidently pulled.

I thought: well okay daily pull it is:

My firs reaction: Oh shit calm down Dandte. Don't freak out.

Omg.omg.omg.

I want to hug everyone. I want to scream out my joy, but i have to be quiet. So Gaf....

Hooooooooooooray!!!!

Congrats, that is super exciting! Glad you didnt get trolled :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- so great seeing all the dark fina pulls. i'm gonna regret not getting her i KNOW it.

-- valentus check your PMs. i need your email addy for edit access my man.

mstevens

Agrias can Full Break at 5*/76. Noctis gets Warp Break at 6*/max. Both are a ways away for you. When I hit the Veritas of Heavens wall, I went into the xp vortex and didn't return until my team was all at least 4*/50. That's what I'd recommend.

What units are in your box? Also, did you pick up the Masamune from the White Dragon in Farplane yet?

Right now I'm running:

5 star Noctis
4 star Agrias
4 star Exdeath
4 star Rosa
3 star Zidane

In my box I have 4 star Hayate, 4 star Locke, 4 star Fran, 4 star Shadow and 3 star Rydia.

I don't know about the Masamune. How do I get it?

Okay Hippo - I think he's at 63, so getting closer to awakening if I have the mats.

Right now I'm running:

5 star Noctis
4 star Agrias
4 star Exdeath
4 star Rosa
3 star Zidane

In my box I have 4 star Hayate, 4 star Locke, 4 star Fran, 4 star Shadow and 3 star Rydia.

First thing you should do when the farming event for FF0 starts is get that Noctis to 100.

Shouta

Seven's Elemental Whip will have some use. -50% Fire/Ice/Thunder Resist means on top of def break skills, you can element-break for further damage.

Useful for units like Vargas that deals with Fire Element but can't element-break like Orlandu.

Elemental Whip goes up to -70% with Ability Enhancements. She's very powerful with characters that focus on that element or just giving characters strong fire weapons.

I just saw the update notes for JP. RANDY! He's getting powered up. Thank you! I'm gonna farm up stones for him. I'm only concerned with his Hero of Mana +2 ability. I really don't hope that doesn't mean they want him to Doublehand instead of Dual-wield.

Valentus

Right now I'm running:

5 star Noctis
4 star Agrias
4 star Exdeath
4 star Rosa
3 star Zidane

Okay Hippo - I think he's at 63, so getting closer to awakening if I have the mats.

You need to go to the farplane y find a site (not the Castle) where a mog lets you pass

Inside you Will fight a Boss and if you defeat It you Will get masamune.

After defeating the Boss you need to enter to the room again so you Will fight another Boss for another ítem. And after that a third and final boss So far for another piece of equipment.

Niahak

Right now I'm running:

5 star Noctis
4 star Agrias
4 star Exdeath
4 star Rosa
3 star Zidane

Here's how to get the Masamune (Go into the Farplane, head north to a tower thingy, go in and ignore the scared moogle).

It's a no-energy boss fight, but also doesn't allow a friend unit, so it may not be an easy way out. You can probably take it out easily once your Noctis has Fire Flask (6* Lv30), since it's vulnerable to many ailments.

You should have things easier once the new event opens up since it will hopefully have bunches of Metal Gigantaurs and also some cheap 6* materials for your Noctis.

The other Trials might be easier since you can take a friend unit... but otherwise they're a lot harder so you might have a rough time even with our resident GAF TM'ers.

Shouta

Dammit, even with the new TM I got for Great Swords, Orlandu is at 979 attack. >=(

I guess I need to get more power pots to break 1000

Muku

Congrats Dandte!! Holy moly! What an amazing daily pull! I never had a rainbow daily pull until Noel. It's definitely exciting!

This new banner. WTF. I have no attachment to FF Zero. The units look meh. The TMs are eh. The rewards for gear are like bleh. I guess I won't be pulling. No bonus for me. At this rate will be going for bare minimum. Trust Moogle, Screamroot/Fine Alcryst (maybe), Star Quartz, maybe some 6* mats. No reason for Gigantaur as I've no one to level up. Got Noel done the last weekend we had Cactaur Dunes.

GOOOOOD MAKE THE DROUGHT ENDDDDDD.........

Vamphuntr

Type-0 event as expected. I'm keeping my lapis. Too bad Jack is only 5* max. He was my favorite characters in Type-0 because he would kill stuff in one hit.

After thinking about it yeah no pulling on this one at all. Will focus on getting cheap 6* mats/equipment the moogle if it doesn't take forever. Cactuars as well. Looking to have my 25 LB Cecil/2nd Noctis/2nd Luneth/Chizu x2 and Dark Fina all maxxed by the end of the next Dunes. Hell also my Ramza that I haven't used ever other than to farm his TM. If I have enough mats I may raise a 2nd Exdeath as well.

Alkez

I was avoiding the earlier posts because I was afraid of any potential spoilers for the National Championship game (good thing I did lol). Was at 1am my time so I couldn't stay up to watch...all of it lol. Got in the 1st quarter then went to bed. Was a good game.

How has your journey progressed?

That was actually amazing lol. I like how you pulled up my Keenu quote from way back when as well haha. Anyways, my summoning story.

The Summon History of Alkez

At first I didn't understand the difference between friend point summons and rare summons, so my first pull was Tron (ultimate deadness) and my second pull was Leah, the white mage. This chick will forever have a place in my FFBE heart. She was my only healer until I got Fina and she carried me through the game. Even now I still have that exact unit. I will never get rid of her for as long as I play this game.

Once I figured out the difference between fp summons and rare summons the first banner I pulled on was the Tellah, Lenna, WoL banner. I wanted WoL and Lenna. Assumed it would be easy enough to get Lenna. After 15 pulls I got one Tellah, a character I hate lol. Was not pleased. On the last day of the banner I used the last of my tickets. Gold! It wasn't WoL. But it was Chizuru! The unit I wanted the most. The next big banner was FF9. I managed to pull a Zidane after 4 pulls despite the terrible rate.

Then began the dark days lol. FF6. All I wanted was one of each unit. But I wanted Terra the most because I like the character. By the end of the banner I had 3 Locke, 6 Celes, but no Terra. At that point life hadn't been going well, and it felt like the game was kicking me while I was down cause everyone else was getting like 7 Terras. So at 8:45 am, right before the reset, I bought one of the bundles. I did 10 pulls. Got more Celes, more Locke, another Zidane, and on the very last pull, Terra! It was a hollow victory as I had little lapis left chasing a 3* base, but a victory none the less. And until 2 days ago I had never pulled another Terra since.

After that my luck continued to get worse. Ludmille banner, no Ludmilles. Players choice banner, no Lennas, again. FF3 banner, terrible 11 pull (Refia in the second). BF banner, no Tilith, but a fricking Lenna! FF13 banner, 4 yellows, no 4* bases, so no Snows. Noctis banner, gets a Rainbow, it's not Noctis (but it was a Ramza yay).

TLDR and The Future

Rng will never let me pull banner units lol. I decided a while back that I would make do with what I have and worked on obtaining a reasonable set of units that I liked, and would only spend tickets on TMs, while I save all my lapis for one of the big 3 units (Tidus, Eileen, Orlandu) because based on my luck I'll be lucky if I ever get a 5* base (though I do have 1 now) so I might as well go for the best.

I decided on Eileen because I like her versatility, her sprite, and the fact everyone wants Orlandu makes him lose some appeal for me (I know it's all about e-chaining but I'll make it work). Orlandu will always be in my team as a friend unit and I don't like to double up on units (personal preference).

H3xum

JP players...

Should I max out two Agrias? Does her 6* chain nice and easy like Orlandu? I have three and I want to know how many to keep for TMR purposes

Shouta

JP players...

Should I max out two Agrias? Does her 6* chain nice and easy like Orlandu? I have three and I want to know how many to keep for TMR purposes

The original JP player on this forum! =P

You should max out 1 Agrias for sure. If you don't think you'll get Orlandu, then max out 2 and then Ability Enhance both. She's basically Orlandu after her enhancements and does a ton of damage if you give her a light element weapon.

Muku

I was avoiding the earlier posts because I was afraid of any potential spoilers for the National Championship game (good thing I did lol). Was at 1am my time so I couldn't stay up to watch...all of it lol. Got in the 1st quarter then went to bed. Was a good game.

LOL sorry~ Tigers are my team. Watched that game like a hawk, haha. Crazy stuff happened in the 4th.

So, with this run here, I'm done with getting Lapis from story missions. Old and New. There are a few here and there dotted around that have like one missing, just because RNG hates me or it's ridiculous with my crew right now and I'll have to do it with lowbies or something. But they're far and few between.

Last week also made a dummy FB account and attached it to my game. Mainly because I realized I had one more email address that I'd not used since... well, my account last said I changed my PW in my senior year of HS so I imagine that was last time I used that. XD And that was freaking years ago.

So now I can technically use Nox or something for TM farming. If I'm in iOS environment, whats a good page to read up on regarding what I'll need and all? Not sure if I'm going to, because from what I recall iOS is a bit of a pain in the butt, but want to read up on it and see.

H3xum

The original JP player on this forum! =P

You should max out 1 Agrias for sure. If you don't think you'll get Orlandu, then max out 2 and then Ability Enhance both. She's basically Orlandu after her enhancements and does a ton of damage if you give her a light element weapon.

Ok thanks! This is what I needed to know. I have an Excalibur and will work on a 2nd one. Only fusing one pair of Agrias for her sword.

Syrus

Banned
Tell you what , blademaster is insanely good. I think my Lightning gained 80 attack or so just from that.

Excalibur will be done tonight then sakura soon

Well you do need the absolute best items for that, it'll be easier with Greatsword Mastery (from dark espers trial) and Odin.

I would't use the word struggle considering you need the absolute best possible equipments for that to happen lol.

I have them all I think. Just need a few more TM's to finish cooking then and I need a few more atk pots then I "should" be at 898 with him. Currently at 863.

Alkez

LOL sorry~ Tigers are my team. Watched that game like a hawk, haha. Crazy stuff happened in the 4th.

Haha all good, I thought you guys might talk about it because we were talking about football the other day. I caught up on the thread after I watched the highlights this morning. Congrats on the win.

On a side note, I really like that we can talk about other stuff occasionally here. Like obviously this thread should be focused on FFBE, but I feel like we've got such a good community here that it's nice to be able to discuss some of the other interests in our lives once in a while.

evangd007

Right now I'm running:

5 star Noctis
4 star Agrias
4 star Exdeath
4 star Rosa
3 star Zidane

Lock in Noctis (damage/support/tank), Agrias (support), and Exdeath (magic); those are your core. Rosa is a fine healer for story content. Your fifth slot should probably go to Rydia.

However, if you want my honest advice I'd say do an 11-pull against the current banner. You'll likely pick up Elle who can fill the slot of physical dps until someone better comes around, and have a chance to pick up Luka who is one of the best healers in the game.

Xion86

Been a day of TM farming for me (no refills) and quite busy at work hence why I was quiet on here again.

Luneth is now at 98%! :) should be finished in the morning.

I have a couple of spots spare for the newer players:

MhQEiobl.png

Congrats to those who have gotten Dark Fina!

Dang, game crashed right after I went to bed last night so no night farm. So inconsistent! Hopefully it's still running right now and makes it to when I get home tonight.

So when it shows the stats of your shared unit to friends, lets say ATK, is it showing only the base stat? Or is it including the enhancements the green number represents when you're looking at your unit? I'd prefer they'd just add that in and only have one number to consider.

Dang, game crashed right after I went to bed last night so no night farm. So inconsistent! Hopefully it's still running right now and makes it to when I get home tonight.

So when it shows the stats of your shared unit to friends, lets say ATK, is it showing only the base stat? Or is it including the enhancements the green number represents when you're looking at your unit? I'd prefer they'd just add that in and only have one number to consider.

Ugh that is the worst, I hate when it crashes. It is definitely showing the combined number (base+green) to your friends :D.

Ugh that is the worst, I hate when it crashes. It is definitely showing the combined number (base+green) to your friends :D.

Yeah every morning I hold my breath as I power on the monitor hoping I see it still running and that it won't be a failed browser. Today was a failed browser but yesterday it ran through the night. Wish I could get it to be consistent. The day run is more hours so if it at least is still running when I get home I'll have had a nice run.

I figured it'd be just the base, nice. Now if I just had the option to change the view to automatically combine them for my view of my unit ;p Thanks.

tuffymon

Yeah every morning I hold my breath as I power on the monitor hoping I see it still running and that it won't be a failed browser. Today was a failed browser but yesterday it ran through the night. Wish I could get it to be consistent. The day run is more hours so if it at least is still running when I get home I'll have had a nice run.

I figured it'd be just the base, nice. Now if I just had the option to change the view to automatically combine them for my view of my unit ;p Thanks.

Someone awhile back mentioned using an older version of Memu. About a week ago I figured what's the WORST that could happen... crash more than it does? 2.8.5 has crashed to desktop a few times in battle, but the macro on reddit reopens the game and continues. I've had 0 issues since the switch.

Someone awhile back mentioned using an older version of Memu. About a week ago I figured what's the WORST that could happen... crash more than it does? 2.8.5 has crashed to desktop a few times in battle, but the macro on reddit reopens the game and continues. I've had 0 issues since the switch.

Hmm I'll keep that in mind. Memu drove me nuts so I went back to Nox which has been better but not perfect yet. The script I have is supposed to attempt to reconnect and I tried putting the app down in the bar at the bottom of the screen to see if that'd help. Thanks for the tip, I can try that if all else fails. So is 2.8.5 the latest but the script compensates for it? I believe I still have Memu installed so might already have that version and just need a better script than what I was using perhaps.

tuffymon

No, the latest is like 2.9.1, so it's a few back. I just recall someone mentioning that version. Well, I don't know if 1/4? or whatever day it was is the latest version, but for sure fairly recent.

Celegus

My Memu is 2.8.6, and it does like to crash the game fairly often. I just try to check on it occasionally to reboot it when it happens. Does the more recent version still do this?

Im about to just spend my tickets, upcoming banner is garbage and I'll get ten more from the mog anyway.

The more units that come out the less chance I can get a Zidane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom