• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Alkez

Guys...I don't even know what to say about this.

I'm sorry, what...ridiculous! Are we even playing the same game lmao?

Congrats bro. Glad you finally got her.

Was it always this hard to get a Zidane or is it that I'm just not meant to get a DW.

Sorry your pulls sucked :(

At one point yeah, it was difficult to get Zidane. I was thinking about this today while I was walking home actually. Back in the day Zidane was on a banner...with 4 other units. Back then there were no 5* bases so it was 3 3*s and 2 4*s. His rate was 2%. The community was livid lol. So the next week, he was on another banner...with 6 other units LOL. But for some reason his rate went up to 4%.

I managed to get one in the first week, but since then I've had 8 more Zidanes. I got one today actually, but I have 3 dual wield already. Point being, he'll come in due time, don't worry.

I know the struggle because I didn't have dual wield, or a chainer, on my JP account for the first 3 months. Was difficult to do higher end content and was becoming borderline frustrating. But then I got Sephiroth and used my moogles on obtaining Genji Glove. Eventually RNG will favour you.

😂😂😂

At least Celestial Gloves are okay, he says, while also having a dupe Luneth. Anyway, since everyone else did it:

OG Queen Raitoningu x2
Luneth x2
Greg
Ramza x2
Noct
Randi
Yun
Olive x2
Dark Fina x2
Trance Terra x2
Orlandu x2
Fry
Fohlen
Wilhelm
Zarg
Lunera
2B
Ayaka
Marie
Aileen
Tidus x2
Fire Veritas
Delita
Mercenary Ramza/Knight Delita

I've spent significantly during certain periods: last Christmas, for instance; my birthday in March; and this August. A few hundred each time, except August's failed and ill-advised chase for DV that got me 1/3 of
the units listed above, many of whom I have zero interest in and never attempted to pull. Cautionary tale, fam. Wish I could turn back time, because it felt like unlocking a cheat mode; I didn't like it.

But once I realized that was competely and irrationally absurd, I haven't since, and I enjoy things MUCH more now.

Xevren

Zidane is love (get it?).

Got an Abel just now, which I guess is the next best thing. Also used the 5* EX and got a Reberta. She seems to be pretty good, too.

Reberta is solid and a fun unit. Was my first rainbow and used her up until Nier banner really.

Pejo

Zidane is love (get it?).

Got an Abel just now, which I guess is the next best thing. Also used the 5* EX and got a Reberta. She seems to be pretty good, too.

Abel's TM is nice in that he opens the opportunity for higher attack by not taking an accessory/materia slot to give you dual wield. For units that can't use daggers, you need to waste a spot on Penelo's TM though, so that's a wash potentially.

Reberta just got more usable since the last update fixed the fact that killers/elements didn't proc on Jumps. If they ever let us time the landing of a jump, she'll be really great with dupes. Nice imperils too.

Whales

Banned

First, let me recap. Since the Nier banner, I've completely stopped spending. I amassed a good amount of lapis from the hacker/compensation run and finishing the season 1 story. So back to Day 1 of the Ayaka banner. I pull 1 10+1 - get Ayaka, Goken, samurai, and ninja girl. I get that free 10+1 pull - use it, get dupe Ramza, but still a rainbow in what usually amounts to trash. Fast forward to this morning, wake up, am planning a 10+1 to try to get some bonus units, and I get this:

Double freakin' rainbow, with FRY (omg finally got her) and Tidus, plus Crowe and Libertus.

I'm riding an all time high right now, and what use is luck if you're not going to push it, so I do another 10+1 and get this:

Unbelievable that my last 4 10+1's in a row since Nier have all had rainbows. I'm dumbfounded.

damn your account got upgraded to 3% rates before everyone else? lol

congrats on the good luck

First, let me recap. Since the Nier banner, I've completely stopped spending. I amassed a good amount of lapis from the hacker/compensation run and finishing the season 1 story. So back to Day 1 of the Ayaka banner. I pull 1 10+1 - get Ayaka, Goken, samurai, and ninja girl. I get that free 10+1 pull - use it, get dupe Ramza, but still a rainbow in what usually amounts to trash. Fast forward to this morning, wake up, am planning a 10+1 to try to get some bonus units, and I get this:

Double freakin' rainbow, with FRY (omg finally got her) and Tidus, plus Crowe and Libertus.

I'm riding an all time high right now, and what use is luck if you're not going to push it, so I do another 10+1 and get this:

Unbelievable that my last 4 10+1's in a row since Nier have all had rainbows. I'm dumbfounded.

Hot damn!!! That's good stuff. Grats

Celegus

Quite the string of luck Pejo, very nice!

Glad you saw the light AD! It's definitely much more fun without brute forcing all the shiny new things (which will never stop coming). Soleil was what got me through Sheratan, she's awesome!

Got Glauca on my daily, so that's cool (already better than my entire Ayaka banner haha). Not much to get from MK this time around so I don't even need any more bonus people, done with the banner!

Valonquar

Listing these out, I feel I've done pretty well on 5* units having not spent any money at all since Lightning days way back:

Orlandeau x 4
A2
Veritas of Light
Ayaka
Zargabaath
Lunera
Lightning
Dark Knight Cecil
Emperor
Rem
Wilhelm x2
Seabreeze Dark Fina x2
Onion Knight x2
Fryevia x2

Still need a lot of BiS TM units though which is rough sometimes.

bonkeng

Hippo 2.0 is here :D

Gratz dude. All top tier units right there.

vato_loco

Who do I bring to 6*? Agrias, Victoria, Earth Veritas, Reberta or WoL? Current team is Ace, Ayaka, Ashe, Prishe and Agrias. I also have a second (and actually third) Agrias, but I think that's just for Arena.

On a separate note, holy crap dem Giancrysts and Purecryst are way more expensive on this event than on Ayaka's...

I referred him to take my position.

RG0BS1U.gif

Now it's official.

wilstreak

Who do I bring to 6*? Agrias, Victoria, Earth Veritas, Reberta or WoL? Current team is Ace, Ayaka, Ashe, Prishe and Agrias. I also have a second (and actually third) Agrias, but I think that's just for Arena.

On a separate note, holy crap dem Giancrysts and Purecryst are way more expensive on this event than on Ayaka's...

Definitely WoL then followed by reberta. Only upgrade Agrias after you make sure you have enough material and gil to fully enhance her ability

Ayaka event is like story event in term of NRG efficiency. Basically almost free.
Even if you have 5 Nyx, there is no way you can beat the price of pure and gian on Ayaka's event.

But in a separate topic, 6* material is a bit more expensive in Ayaka compared to normal Mog King.

vato_loco

Definitely WoL then followed by reberta. Only upgrade Agrias after you make sure you have enough material and gil to fully enhance her ability

Ayaka event is like story event in term of NRG efficiency. Basically almost free.
Even if you have 5 Nyx, there is no way you can beat the price of pure and gian on Ayaka's event.

But in a separate topic, 6* material is a bit more expensive in Ayaka compared to normal Mog King.
I kinda spent 2k Lapis to purchase the Ayaka bundle, which gave me 80 cactuars and all the materials needed to evolve her to 6*. I figured it was a good deal, since getting materials is a pain in the ass in the first place.

LOL!

What have you been up to bro?

Well I was actually about to post something when I saw that. So I took a month off from playing the game and about twoish weeks ago I reinstalled to log in and get the free stuff cause I knew I was gonna come back. Well I pulled Ayaka in a free pull and sitting next to three people at work that play and talk about the game constantly has got me wanting to play. I was gonna wait until the Halloween banner or the next limited one after that but

https://imgur.com/a/YCoHX

Add me if you have room, I’m here to stay bruhs.

Alkez

I referred him to take my position.

LOL

What have you been up to bro?

What Zera said. How's BE-less life treating ya?

Edit:

Well I was actually about to post something when I saw that. So I took a month off from playing the game and about twoish weeks ago I reinstalled to log in and get the free stuff cause I knew I was gonna come back. Well I pulled Ayaka in a free pull and sitting next to three people at work that play and talk about the game constantly has got me wanting to play. I was gonna wait until the Halloween banner or the next limited one after that but

Add me if you have room, I'm here to stay bruhs.

I actually hate this man.

Added lmao. Was going to ask if there was any chance of you coming back any time soon.

robotuw

4 tickets got me Libertus, Crowe, and Rikku. I am A-OK with that. Not like anyone needed her help with this piss-easy event but I went ahead and maxed Crowe with 760 mag and Alterna. Sharing her now.

WoL or EV, you want a tank. You got enough DPS you don't more ASAP. Victoria is nice but you already got magic damage covered with Ace. 2nd Agrias would be good but you need two dual wields and enough crystals to skill enhance both of them to really make them great.

These cryst prices are the norm. The Ayaka event was an exception.

Kouriozan

AHHH YEAHHH, time to party!
Welcome back~!

Pejo

My brief run of a Gumi employee has come to an end, but it was nice while it lasted. Welcome back man.

Holy crap, Pejo! That’s awesome! Congrats.

I used a whole bunch of tickets including all the ones at the MK. Ended up with Glauca, 8 Libertus, and 6 off banner golds (including 2 Hopes).

Definitely not a quality string of pulls. Oh well. At least the event boss is stupid easy (OTKO with my A2) so I’m getting lots of bonus hairpins. I should fly through the event.

vato_loco

Added, I'm Griever.

WoL or EV, you want a tank. You got enough DPS you don't more ASAP. Victoria is nice but you already got magic damage covered with Ace. 2nd Agrias would be good but you need two dual wields and enough crystals to skill enhance both of them to really make them great.

These cryst prices are the norm. The Ayaka event was an exception.
Guess you're right, I could start leveling a tank already, I've only been thinking about DPS, which I generally have more than enough with the friend units I have.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Getting a rainbow is the greatest thing.

Getting a dupe of what you already have... that sucks. Rainbows should always be on banner!

Alkez

Getting a rainbow is the greatest thing.

Getting a dupe of what you already have... that sucks. Rainbows should always be on banner!
Lord no, then every banner becomes limited. I'd be fine with a 2/3rds on-banner rate though.

Hmm I dunno, I kind of agree with commish. The 5* rate is so low in this game that it's frustrating getting off banner. If we had an increasing rate like FEH I could understand. With the 3% it's not so bad as you get rainbows more often, but even then the on banner rate is quite low.

EDarkness

Good to have you back, Hippo. I sent you a Friend Request. Name is Talbain.

Muku

WB Hippo~ Sent a request. :3

Free Daily: Alma
1/2 Daily: Faris
Ticket #1: Miyuki
Ticket #2: Gold->Crowe (THANK YOU!)
Ticket #3: Kain (because I totally need more >_> .. I have 5 Gungnir)
Ticket #4: Libertus (THANK YOU!)

Well, got two bonus units. Guess I'm good to go.

Doctor_No

Welcome back Hippo!! Glad you're back!

Kinda excited about the Halloween banner as well.

NeoCross

WB Hippo! Sent a request again!

Need some more advice guys...wait for trance terra enhancments or enhance agrias now? Gil is kinda...low lol and I don’t know if I can farm enough from this weekends’ gil snapper cave.

WB Hippo! Sent a request again!

Need some more advice guys...wait for trance terra enhancments or enhance agrias now? Gil is kinda...low lol and I don’t know if I can farm enough from this weekends’ gil snapper cave.

Are you in dire need of enhancing agrias? What's your current team comp? Also when the next raid comes around you can sell coins for gil

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do we know how hard the Cerberus challenge is that starts next week? I pretty much need that 84 attack dagger since I pulled Nyx (I don't even have a Zwill because I'm a fucking idiot and don't plan for the future) but I am skeptical it's something I will be able to manage. I'm still almost entirely TMR and materia-less.

Kouriozan

Do we know how hard the Cerberus challenge is that starts next week? I pretty much need that 84 attack dagger since I pulled Nyx (I don't even have a Zwill because I'm a fucking idiot and don't plan for the future) but I am skeptical it's something I will be able to manage. I'm still almost entirely TMR and materia-less.
I found a guide from when it was released in Japan https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5mf099/jp_to_kill_a_boss_cerberus/
In short, focus on survivng and poison him.

Muku

Got Crowe up as lead for event right now for the bonus. I doubt I'll get anything better. That's okay. Out of all the things that could have popped out of the Gold... a banner unit was best thing.

NeoCross

Are you in dire need of enhancing agrias? What's your current team comp? Also when the next raid comes around you can sell coins for gil

I’m entirely unsure myself...just thought that enhanced agrias might help for the 10-man content, but my hesitation is that I don’t have a unit to chain with her. For now I’m running just OK as my main damage dealer, but I also alternate between TT, noct, agrias and Veritas of Light as my 2nd DPS. Figured since a lot of people have orlandeau and dork veritas i’d enhance agrias at least for 5 man trials.

Syntsui

Is this event worth the time really? I feel the candy was much faster to farm.
80000 for the biggest gems against 5 candy.
Every single Mog King event is like this, that candy thing was a one time only exception.

If you don't have the bonus units to get a lot of currency, just buy the tickets and equipments and ignore the rest.

Ombala

Every single Mog King event is like this, that candy thing was a one time only exception.

If you don't have the bonus units to get a lot of currency, just buy the tickets and equipments and ignore the rest.
Think I will. But I really wanted a power gem for Agrias.

vato_loco

Bonus units?

I feel like I'm always missing something in this game...

Muku

Bonus units?

I feel like I'm always missing something in this game...

The banner that runs with the Mog King is generally the units you want to nab and put in your group while running this stuff. They give extra currecy for event. 3*s give 50% more, the 4*'s give 75%, and the 5*'s give 100%.

I have a small list that includes cheap 6* mats I want this time around. I can skip most of the shit though. Will see how easy ELT will be this time. If it's a pain in the ass like last couple, I'll go from there and skip more shit.

Syntsui

Think I will. But I really wanted a power gem for Agrias.
The events rotation is completely borked on Global for whatever the reason, but we should have a Mog King event / Raid event / Story Mode event rotation when the Season 2 begins.

Focus on the tickets during Mog King events, level up your units / make a lot of money during the raids and focus on the crysts you need during the story events.

Top Bottom